Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Snout reacting to her like this is making me think of Dragonball Z Abridged where Nappa stops in mid-air to turn to Vegeta and announce with shock that he can fly.

With this it's like the people in this comic are like "....WE'RE NAKED!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Theyre going to gently caress each other

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
You know, I think it's a bit of a cheap shortcut, but I can understand having Arudak visit a shaman before pursuing his plans to resurrect his dead lover and be told something that shakes his resolve and makes him question his quest.

I don't think the clone who was born last week when she was grown by an evil plant should probably need a shamanic vision before she starts questioning her own nature, personhood, and place in the world. That doesn't really seem like it should require too much outside prompting.

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE
In a comic stuffed to the gills with particularly gross characters, I'm finding her the grossest by far. The dopey, piggy orc face, the puking, the stringy wet hair and the completely unsexy nudity, though she looks just as gross clothed. She must smell rotten, like seaweed and dead fish and sick.

Snout's facial expression only makes sense if he's supposed to be horrified and his text is actually tailing off before the last two words come out. Those words being; "...God, no!"

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Snout's naiveté and childishness makes this feel wrong.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
This Comic Has No Dialogue.

Twelve by Pies posted:

And that's pretty incredible that both Bilbo and Sam were able to willingly give up the ring, if a non-hobbit had to hold the ring even for just a little while they would very likely would have hesitated to return it.

What happened with Boromir was a perfect example of this. He was known and noble enough to be a representative at Elrond's council, and became a member of the Fellowship, but even just holding the chain the ring was attached to made him consider keeping it for himself.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

What the gently caress is that torso?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Beelzebufo posted:

Snout's naiveté and childishness makes this feel wrong.

Genuinely, Snout has been portrayed as so childlike that I question if he can even consent.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

SubG posted:

Why's he freaking out? He's seen her naked before. And vice versa. Earlier that day.

Like why's this being coded differently than literally every other time Snout's been around a naked woman before? Like are we supposed to think she's particularly attractive? Or perhaps Ink Witch and corpsemom are supposed to be particularly unattractive?

lol did Mookie forget Snout already saw her naked

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 17, 2021

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Snout's letter posted:

To the Chandak at Lake Aroa,

It was wrong of you to make my friends so sad.

I think Mookie is trying to make him sound childlike (which is gross), but he doesn't know how to do that and 1. write evocative dialogue 2. fit it on the page lmao. From what we know, Snout has spent most of his life reading at that wild edge library. He should have a great written vocabulary, over fixation on the topics of the limited selection there, maybe a few outdated opinions because the books were donated 40 years ago or something, probably use a lot of the dumb lingo he's picked up reading about Deegan lately and maybe even surprising the Chandak with what he knows. Buuuuuut to Mookie deaf = stupid so :shrug:

Snout's letter posted:

Arudak's Heartbreak was none of our business and Kaianda is still discovering herself.

So good boy Snout (and idiot Arudak and Ink Witch) took the obviously manipulative Chandak at her word on Arudak's wife. Also it was Snout who demanded to know what was said lmao. For Kaianda, the complaint can be thrown right back in his face. She's still "discovering herself", but you keep dragging her around on boring adventures, named her (???), haven't seen anyone to help her recover since the Sunflower man, and keep sleeping naked near her you gigantic creep. At this point I think the Chandak was warning her she's a blank slate that everyone keeps trying to fill in without her input.

Snout's letter posted:

What you did was insensitive and inconsiderate. I believe the best way to make up for this is to come to Aveksh and work to undo the sadness you caused.

"You clearly tried to test us or split us up in an incredibly harmful way, please come to our house and try again" Snout 0 int 0 wis 0 chr run any %

Snout's letter posted:

Help Kaianda understand herself. Arudak needs either closure or a path forward.

"Brainwash Kaianda, tell Arudak to drown himself in liquor. Just really come over and gently caress us up."

Snout's letter posted:

I don't know why you wanted to see me again tonight, but whatever the reason, I'm too focused on my friends to give you what you want from me...

"Cummies pls"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Twelve by Pies posted:

She was making "gently caress me" eyes at Snout during the whole thing too so it can't be the look on her face either.

To be fair, everyone has made "gently caress me" eyes at snout

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
My theory about their ship inexplicably crashing is that Mookie's foundational idea for this chapter must have initially been about the gang being mysteriously pulled out of the sky en route to their destination by a creepy orc shaman who would address them all with their personal fears. Then, Mookie's writing habits kicked in: rather than have to plan two steps ahead by actually figuring out where they'd be going and why, he just made her the person they were going to see in the first place, but didn't change anything else about her. So they're surprised to suddenly and pointlessly crash into the lake at a place that happens to be their destination anyway, and to meet with the person they intended to meet with in the sizable town where she lives despite being a water shaman who appears to wear nothing but seaweed, and only sometimes that.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
this comic is repulsive

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
You know, nobody thought about it at the time, but despite it being established two pages after they teleported to Maltak that the spell had gone wrong and dumped them far off target, they still arrived next to what is clearly a "Welcome to Maltak" sign.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

In what way is Arudak's heartbreak none of their business? The whole reason they even went on the trip in the first place was to find a Chandak who could help him resurrect his dead wife.

Also, Snout's reaction to people not filling him in on something that's "none of his business":

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Robot Style posted:

The whole reason they even went on the trip in the first place was to find a Chandak who could help him resurrect his dead wife.

Actually, we were never told why he wanted to see this chandak, only that he did.

Seriously, we were never given any reason for this arc.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Snouts gonna gently caress

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

DamnitGannet posted:

Snouts gonna gently caress

Which means that chandrak is (Un)dead, violence is going to happen to her, or she is going to be slutshamed later right? Because this is still a gross Mookie comic.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The slutshaming is like the one thing he's seemingly gotten better with going by Star Power and his blog posts for Legacy, so probably not that one.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm reserving my judgement until we actually see what happens, but it's interesting (well, more like distressing) to note that if the Chandrak is actually giving Snout a chance to consent, that's more than Ink Witch and Corpsemom did. Ink Witch just slid in to cuddle when he slept, and Corpsemom violently forced him to.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNFjLzVKVdk

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
At best Snout is coded as childlike. At worst he's coded as, and pardon me if I'm not using the right term, please correct me if I'm using the wrong one, mentally deficient.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I thought this comic was bad and stupid, and then someone pointed out the motion lines on her left arm.

It's amazing how two small, simple lines turn this from "eh, boring and stupid and kinda weird and gross" to "oh holy gently caress no"

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1461079174899245059?s=20

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Oh no. Oh god no

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Edit: added more cat stares because please no

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 18, 2021

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
This is the first page that made me immediately start mentally screaming. So that's a thing. Ugh.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

😨

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
He's distracted because she's fishing.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Forlorn hope of "I want in on your poorly designed monocolor dreamspace."

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

He's distracted because she's fisting.

ftfy

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

We can deny it all we want, but deep in all of our hearts we knew this moment was coming from the very beginning.
It's too late to run, begging won't save us, there's nothing left to do but face the coming storm with courage and dignity.

And if we don't make it through this, well, it's been both an honour and a privilege too shitpost along side the finest goons I have ever known.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

felt ice water down my spine reading this. I fell down a youtube analog horror rabbit hole a few weeks back and saw some primo stuff but that ^^^^ just froze my blood for a minute

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ugh. I knew it was coming but confirmation doesn't make it any less onerous.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 18, 2021

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
gently caress, please don't do this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: We All Watch with Horror as He Goes for Another Statutory Rape

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I need an adult :downs:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

I need an adult :downs:

So does Snout.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
This isn't okay, please don't do this Mookie, please someone stop this. What the gently caress.

Under what context would should they even be loving under, why is this even happening? This is utterly dreamlike, everything is just meandering aimlessly and shifting tone and characters become entirely different people every few minutes, are they IN the Asinotaph is this all just a dream? That's honestly the only explanation that maintains any verisimilitude anymore.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Yeah, I was half-considering the possibility that Snout's been in some sort of dream-test since the chandak rubbed mud/seaweed/whatever on Snout and he sinks to the bottom, but Mookie's so bad at maintaining a chain of thought I refuse to seriously speculate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I feel sick.

Who's ready to witness the least sexy sex scene every illustrated?