Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Trapick posted:

"he went there to get in to conflicts", especially given the context, implies he was there to start fights with people. Harm's way *could* mean that, but he clearly says "if there's somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle, because I need to protect myself obviously". Again, you can say he's lying here or whatever, but the clip you claim makes him look like an aggressor absolutely does not. It makes him look like a dipshit cosplaying a medic (with a rifle).

It's a 19 second video, watch it. He does not admit he'd shoot or kill people to protect property. He says: "if there's somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle, because I need to protect myself obviously". That's a claim of having his rifle for defense of life. You can think he's lying but the video does not say what you claim it says, period.

Nah that's the one with him threatening (possible) shoplifters, Reik was specifically talking about the night of the shootings.

Cool post but minor mistake: he had the gun because he wanted to kill people who he disagreed with politically op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pathetic coward. You're a nazi sympathizer

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Trapick posted:

"he went there to get in to conflicts", especially given the context, implies he was there to start fights with people. Harm's way *could* mean that, but he clearly says "if there's somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle, because I need to protect myself obviously". Again, you can say he's lying here or whatever, but the clip you claim makes him look like an aggressor absolutely does not. It makes him look like a dipshit cosplaying a medic (with a rifle).

Virgin
"I need my gun because I am purposefully going to put myself in to positions where I need to defend myself."

vs

Chad
939.48(2)(c) "A person who provokes an attack, whether by lawful or unlawful conduct, with intent to use such an attack as an excuse to cause death or great bodily harm to his or her assailant is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense."

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Reik posted:

I really don't think it would've taken 329.5 million americans to run away from one guy.

Yeah, but he had bad breath.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Reik posted:

I really don't think it would've taken 329.5 million americans to run away from one guy.

lol

how many then~?

a 17 year old tried to save america by way of mom and pop shops that 329.5 million americans just don't give a gently caress about and shop at the looted target and walmart instead, real disgusting

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

lol

how many then~?

a 17 year old tried to save america by way of mom and pop shops that 329.5 million americans just don't give a gently caress about and shop at the looted target and walmart instead, real disgusting

"tried to save america" lol gb2TDS

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lot of people seem to be having difficulty understanding that property is more important than human lives so he was doing his American duty.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hatebag posted:

I was going to disagree and yell at you. But then I checked his rapsheet.

A clean rapsheet makes me VERY suspicious.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Every time I go by a mom and pop store I order something on Amazon just to rub it in their face

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

TrixR4kids posted:

Some Zimmerman sympathizer gave me this avatar way back then lol.

for some reason what sticks in my head from that shitshow of a thread was the gunfucker convinced, CONVINCED that the state was trying to railroad pure, honest George Zimmerman. and earnestly asking "what makes you people think that he's got any chance of getting off."

the answer "the state of Florida and an all-white jury" did not appear to satisfy him

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Chillgamesh posted:

Cool post but minor mistake: he had the gun because he wanted to kill people who he disagreed with politically op.

sounds based. maybe leftists could learn a thing or two from the incident.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Reik posted:

"tried to save america" lol gb2TDS

if that many americans were running away to a megamart while kyle was trying to corral them with bullets back to the mom and pops to keep businesses thriving, i dont think he did a very good job tho?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Deceptive Thinker posted:

hot take - killing people is bad, even killing bad people

cept my bully, carl.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

okay officer

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Does anyone have a copy or link to the actual defense motion for mistrial filed today? I want to read it.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

I was going to disagree and yell at you. But then I checked his rapsheet.

A clean rapsheet makes me VERY suspicious.

I went through the same process lol

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

someone tried this. the cops then executed them two weeks later, with Trump bragging about what a good kill it was.

did you draw any conclusions

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

one guy tried

the president personally dispatched a hit squad to murk him

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Nazis all the way down, America is carried on the back of a giant Hitler with four Mussolinis on his back

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

why is there a sudden influx of JUST ASKING QUESTIONS posters posting in this thread.

which offsite nazi discord caught whiff of it lmao

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

if that many americans were running away to a megamart while kyle was trying to corral them with bullets back to the mom and pops to keep businesses thriving, i dont think he did a very good job tho?

so you're saying we must secure the existence of mom-and-pop shops and a future for car dealerships?

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

Trapick posted:

EVEN IF Rittenhouse showed up and wanted to kill people, which I don't think we know, that doesn't mean he provoked an interaction with Rosenbaum.

we do know that he intended to go to a protest and shoot people. we know this because he said, publicly, many times, that he was going to buy a gun and go to a protest and shoot people. just because the judge said the prosecution couldn't cite that as evidence doesn't mean didn't happen.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Too Many Birds posted:

why is there a sudden influx of JUST ASKING QUESTIONS posters posting in this thread.

Boredom from waiting for the not guilty verdict

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Chillgamesh posted:

Why'd he only kill two (and shoot another) then? There were tons of other people in the crowd he disagreed with, no?

Hatebag posted:

If Antifa would carry rifles and defend themselves America wouldn't have a nazi problem much longer. Self defense is a loving important right specifically so nazis and others like them can get hosed.

Reik posted:

Virgin
"I need my gun because I am purposefully going to put myself in to positions where I need to defend myself."

vs

Chad
939.48(2)(c) "A person who provokes an attack, whether by lawful or unlawful conduct, with intent to use such an attack as an excuse to cause death or great bodily harm to his or her assailant is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense."
Nothing anyone has posted here, or that I've seen from the trial, shows that Rittenhouse provoked an attack. Purposefully putting yourself in danger (by being present at a riot, ostensibly to render first aid) is not provoking an attack with intent.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Reik posted:

so you're saying we must secure the existence of mom-and-pop shops and a future for car dealerships?

car dealerships that only sells ATVs and 13 inch grill pick up trucks on diesel, without them, this particular brand of america is gone forever

or worse

in the wrong hands, like commies

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

CarpenterWalrus posted:

we do know that he intended to go to a protest and shoot people. we know this because he said, publicly, many times, that he was going to buy a gun and go to a protest and shoot people. just because the judge said the prosecution couldn't cite that as evidence doesn't mean didn't happen.

he said he wanted to shoot looters so anyone he shot was guilty of theft which means they deserved to die. I am a very good and smart poster.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=226575

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Trapick posted:

If Antifa would carry rifles and defend themselves America wouldn't have a nazi problem much longer. Self defense is a loving important right specifically so nazis and others like them can get hosed.

lol yeah bud this would work out great

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Trapick posted:

Why'd he only kill two (and shoot another) then? There were tons of other people in the crowd he disagreed with, no?

Nothing anyone has posted here, or that I've seen from the trial, shows that Rittenhouse provoked an attack. Purposefully putting yourself in danger (by being present at a riot, ostensibly to render first aid) is not provoking an attack with intent.

In what world does "purposefully manufacturing a conflict" not constitute provoking an attack?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Perma'd for ebook piracy, smdh

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trapick posted:

The US is an idiotic place where open carry is legal (Wisconsin anyway).

Assuming Rittenhouse didn't provoke (he might have, I'm still waiting on that video), what should he do if he can't run away from the dude? Get tackled/decked by the guy? Let his gun be taken?

Idk what should you legally do in a non-idiotic place if you point a gun at someone and they say "oh my god a mass shooter" and try to take it from you.

If you are not a mass shooter you should probably let them, if you want to point guns at random people and blow them away if they react you might just be a mass shooter!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Too Many Birds posted:

modern culture war politics offers no joy other than laughing at your enemies for being owned, and CSPAM is the politics subforum for the forum a bunch of other old computer touchers vaguely remember existing

celebrating on facebook might get you fired, you've probably gotten banned from twitter already, and there's no fun in just celebrating with the tiny corps of like-minded people on gab or whatever. this is the first win they feel like they've had in a very long time, so they are digging real deep into the recesses of memory to find some place they can get lib tears

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Too Many Birds posted:

Precinct closed early for the holidays

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

someone tried this. the cops then executed them two weeks later, with Trump bragging about what a good kill it was.

did you draw any conclusions

if you arent a nazi, you should take better precautions before killing people you politically disagree with, but surely cspam posters have already internalized this. right? i mean this is poo poo my hyper-conservative dad told me like 25 years ago.

i just want to challenge the liberal anti-gun orthodoxy, since that isnt the solution to anything except passive acceptance of cops and kyle and george and every other fascist.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
How about the video where Rittenhouse is watching people come out of a CVS and says "I wish I had my AR-15" that was disallowed for entry into evidence by the judge because he said it would prejudice the jury?

That may add some important context in addition to the video just posted where Rittenhouse says he's there to protect property from protestors and he said "that's why I have my gun"

Seems like there was plenty of forethought by Rittenhouse about starting poo poo so he could shoot people. But no, he was clearly there to provide medical care as he was at one point enrolled in an EMT and firefighter trainee program.

Justice.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
no need for a gun, my very large & strong gf can protect me from anyone

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Trapick posted:

Who knows what was going on in that lump's brain when he shot and killed two people and seriously injured a third, after saying he was going to Kenosha for the express purpose of using deadly force

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Trapick posted:

lmfao

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

too true. rip to a real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Trapick posted:

It's a 19 second video, watch it. He does not admit he'd shoot or kill people to protect property. He says: "if there's somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle, because I need to protect myself obviously". That's a claim of having his rifle for defense of life. You can think he's lying but the video does not say what you claim it says, period.

I've seen the video.

Literally like the very first thing you learn about firearms is that you do not bring one to a confrontation or use it unless you are willing to kill someone. He illegally obtained a lethal weapon and brought it with him to a protest to "protect businesses", which if you are able to connect even two dots in your head means he shows a demonstrable willingness to kill the protesters who he thinks are there to destroy businesses. What he says in the video doesn't really matter because his actions show a demonstrable recklessness, i.e., he illegally obtained a firearm and brought it with him to a protest so that he could use it to shoot people, which he then did.