Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

I can't, I literally can't. The deeply unhappy sound I keep making while I shake my head is just, I can't

Edit: I hope to god it means she's just fishing and Mookie is being cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Fister Roboto posted:

I feel sick.

Who's ready to witness the least sexy sex scene every illustrated?

Fuckin' I am and you all are too.

We came to watch a trainwreck, and mookie's just about to punch all our tickets. :unsmigghh:

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
I'm gonna wait to see this next one before I catch up on removing Snout, cause if it means I have to redraw an unsexy orc after removing a mid-coital Snout, I'm killing it there.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'm betting on a trifecta of:

1) we'll get to see Snout's dong, again
2) it will NOT be erect, and
3) him not getting an erection when faced with the chandak's feminine wiles will be described or pointed out (in-comic or by Mookie) as an example of Snout's resolve/purity/clarity of mind/whathaveyou.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

For the sake of my sanity, I'm going with this being a fake out and she's actually fishing.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Pulsarcat posted:

For the sake of my sanity, I'm going with this being a fake out and she's actually fishing.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Pulsarcat posted:

she's actually fisting

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

It took me a couple minutes too get it, but when I did I actually laughed out loud.

This however made me sad again.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:sickos:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Pulsarcat posted:

I’d love to be able to tell myself this, but itt hope is a poison that leaves you all the more vulnerable to whatever fresh hell lurks in the next strip

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'll give Mookie credit for something; this comic is finally interesting. I legit can't wait until Friday - how do you time travel again?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SubG posted:

Yeah, I was half-considering the possibility that Snout's been in some sort of dream-test since the chandak rubbed mud/seaweed/whatever on Snout and he sinks to the bottom, but Mookie's so bad at maintaining a chain of thought I refuse to seriously speculate.

That's way too clever for this comic.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Snout should have the gift of prophecy. The kind that sweeps on you in dreams that need to be interpreted and poo poo, not the kind where you just know what happens. And he should be the ONLY one.

There, now he's integral to the plot and tied into Dominic's whatever.

...Hey, it's the return of the flat rear end that he wants us to think isn't!

OH GOD NO

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'll give Mookie credit for something; this comic is finally interesting. I legit can't wait until Friday - how do you time travel again?

Time travel stopped working, at least last time I checked.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I dunno what it says about me, but I’m genuinely excited to see how bad this can get.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's like watching a train wreck, but the only people at risk are us, the observers.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i do not eagerly await the next page, but i do eagerly await the blog post mookie will write with his justifications for the next page

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
gently caress I just looked at his Twitter and it's just post upon post of his comic updates with like a single reply each.

How does he not get it?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

why would he get replies on twitter when all his fans post here instead

that said, i don't think there's anything wrong with creating a comic for the joy of creating, despite getting no recognition

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I still don't think he really cares about the comic all that far past it letting him call himself "webcomic artist" and not "former webcomic artist" at cons.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mx. posted:

why would he get replies on twitter when all his fans post here instead

that said, i don't think there's anything wrong with creating a comic for the joy of creating, despite getting no recognition

How do you see this series and think Mookie enjoys creating it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i think he likes tracing photographs of his penis and exposing us to it

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
If he didn't want to work on this comic, he could just stop. It's not like he has any obligation towards it.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
The only thing more mookie than snout and the chandak loving would be another wall of text so I'm guessing that's what we'll get

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Hold fast, shitposters, and hold strong! This is what years of Mookie mockery have been training us for! We can withstand anything he throws at us if we hold together!
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

That's probably going to be it huh? He'll cop out on actually drawing it and write some lovely erotica recap.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Mookie absolutely cares about this comic, but in a way that is probably alien to how most of the people in this thread conceptualize caring about an artistic endeavor.
As I've said a lot, as trite and crass as it sounds, I sincerely believe the best way to describe what Mookie does is this: 'artistic' masturbation. Mookie is more or less literally masturbating. The only audience he ever, with almost no exceptions, considers is himself, and that's why he doesn't plan ahead or whatever. You know how children might make up stories of their own while playing with their toys or even playing video games? Hell, I know lots of people who are creative and still do that, and of course you also have maladaptive daydreaming. This is basically like that, only with the tiniest bit of extra effort put in in that the stories are put on display for the world, and don't exist solely in Mookie's head.

Billions of years ago in one of the ancient Bad Webcomics threads when we were all talking about Humon and that creepy story nonsense she had with that like tsundere bishie serial killer groomer guy, someone in the thread said it was basically fanfiction without the actual action of writing the fanfic or an original source. This is like that.

Mookie cares about his comics in the sense that he enjoys it. The same way you or I might enjoy jacking/jilling off or eating comfort food or whatever. It's a mindless act done for his own comfort and benefit.

It's true outsider art is what I'm saying.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
oh gently caress yes. This is why we’re here. To see this repulsive mutant have a disgusting sex scene with a gruesome swamp hag. I can’t believe people are wringing their hands over this, you know you all crave seeing this disaster happen. Snout is going to gently caress and we’re all going to look at it.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Emrikol posted:

If he didn't want to work on this comic, he could just stop. It's not like he has any obligation towards it.

Doesn't he get like 1300 a month USD from patreon? I don't know what other job he could do where he makes that and isn't fired after a few shifts

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Nighthand posted:

That's probably going to be it huh? He'll cop out on actually drawing it and write some lovely erotica recap.

Nah, he's gonna do it. The only time Mookie feels alive in this comic is when it's shamefully horny, I don't think he can pass up on the opportunity to have his baby-minded abomination start a JO session with the swamp witch.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Man I dunno. I was convinced he was going to have ink witch or corpsemom bang Snout long ago, but he chickened out despite seemingly setting it up multiple times. I wouldn't be surprised if he does that again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I feel the need to repeat how dumb it is that Snout literally just writes his thoughts. Like flying out over the lake and him just writing "...woah". Like if it was a normal comic this would all be in a thought bubble. But because of the stupid "no dialogue" rule it has to be in a journal entry, but it makes absolutely zero sense as written medium.

It's like the Castle of Aaaaaaaagh but played 100% straight.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Mookie even already made this specific joke with signs early on in the comic.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That was a name I thought I had consigned to the dustbin of my memory, gently caress you very much for reminding me of them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

I feel the need to repeat how dumb it is that Snout literally just writes his thoughts. Like flying out over the lake and him just writing "...woah". Like if it was a normal comic this would all be in a thought bubble. But because of the stupid "no dialogue" rule it has to be in a journal entry, but it makes absolutely zero sense as written medium.

Keep in mind Snout does not have his book in his hands right now. He presumably wrote the letter in advance, and sometime AFTER the depicted events, just wrote "oh my" in his diary. This is a thing that works only if it's what he's thinking right now, which with the writing conceit, it isn't.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

I strongly doubt the dog boy's finna gently caress. Mookie's way too attached to the uwu wholesome softboy poo poo for his ~good bean~ Snout, and deep-dicking a putrid swamp witch who was MEAN to his FWIENDS doesn't really vibe with that? I think??

(but i'm ready to be wrong because it would be entertainingly grotesque lol)

also thanks to whoever is posting the OG deegan comix it's been fun to look back on it

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

As I've said a lot, as trite and crass as it sounds, I sincerely believe the best way to describe what Mookie does is this: 'artistic' masturbation. Mookie is more or less literally masturbating.

Well, now I've had this intrusive thought and it won't leave me until I share it

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I don't think he'll gently caress her but I think she'll try to seduce him and hoo boy that's going to be really unpleasant to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Samovar posted:

That was a name I thought I had consigned to the dustbin of my memory, gently caress you very much for reminding me of them.

Dominic Deegan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9270u0MkI2w