Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Simpsons_pathetic.jpeg

White borders are gross.

White boarders used to be gross when we were kids, but now they are cool.

Your islands are dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

DangerDongs posted:

White boarders used to be gross when we were kids, but now they are cool.

Your islands are dope.

They were never cool. And trying to make them cool makes them even less cool.

I don't write the rules, sorry. :colbert:

Also, the objectively correct answer to the island question is John Avon Unstable Island. Bar none.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sickening posted:

What islands do you play? Yes, I will judge you.

We’re 2-0 so far baby

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

fuckin' lmao I also got the mark poole set in foil and I opened it, the plastic pouch with the cards in it was falling apart and the counterspell looks like someone folded it in half

the rest of the cards are mostly fine with what looks like some almost invisible dinging from probably banging against the inside of the box a lot in transit since they fell out of the pouch, but the counterspell got jacked up somehow

it was that and the birds of paradise I bought it for, and it's the only one that's hosed up, hell yeah. let's see what secret lair customer service has to say lol

it's a shame, the praetors and the nonfoil stuff I got are all great. just this one got messed up, unfortunately.

I've dealt with customer service on Secret Lairs before, and they've been super helpful, fwiw.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We’re 2-0 so far baby

A player of fine taste I see.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

if you have more than one copy of a specific basic land art in your deck you need to be locked up

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Wrong, variety is the spice of life.

Mixing full arts and non-full arts is a bit dubious but you do you fam

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Went 2-0-2 lol. Won my first two rounds (against storm and burn), went to draw in game 3 in my third round against eldrazi tron, then my round 4 opponent asked if we could mutual draw which I was ok with. Good showing for fish tonight, thanks to everyone here for the encouragement :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

disaster pastor posted:

I've dealt with customer service on Secret Lairs before, and they've been super helpful, fwiw.
do they send you a whole new secret lair or just the one card, it sure would be nice to get an extra foil bird, wasteland and howling mine(and new counterspell of course) :v:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Sol Ring
Mudhole
Blood Moon
Doomgape

Just put a ring on the m13 door to nothingness.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Went 2-0-2 lol. Won my first two rounds (against storm and burn), went to draw in game 3 in my third round against eldrazi tron, then my round 4 opponent asked if we could mutual draw which I was ok with. Good showing for fish tonight, thanks to everyone here for the encouragement :)
Nice!
But .... how does fish go to time against e-tron?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

We’re 2-0 so far baby

:sickos:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Could only be better if white bordered

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Good job Pablo, good job fish :)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

In modern, I want to generate as much mana by turn 3.. with at least access to 1 white and 1 green mana... Is the most mana 8?

Turn 1: Play Forest, cast Noble Hierarch
Turn 2: Play Forest, cast Rofellos, cast Llanowar Elves (or another Hierarch)
Turn 3: Play Forest: 3 forest + 3 mana from Rofellos, + 1 from Hierarch + 1 from Llanowar

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

In modern, I want to generate as much mana by turn 3.. with at least access to 1 white and 1 green mana... Is the most mana 8?

Turn 3: Play Forest: 3 forest + 3 mana from Rofellos, + 1 from Hierarch + 1 from Llanowar

Rofellos isn't legal in Modern? He's in Vintage/Legacy only, with a Vintage Masters reprint.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Forest -> Heritage Druid
Forest -> Nettle Sentinel -> Nettle Sentinel -> Dwynen's Elite -> Collected Company hitting Elvish Archdruid x2 -> Elvish Visionary -> Realmwalker -> ...
Plains

You'll have a lot more than 8 mana to play with but TBH I don't know why you'd bother with the white mana.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
What are you trying to cast, a big Worldsoul Colossus?

https://scryfall.com/search?q=mana%...w%29+f%3Amodern

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Arivia posted:

Rofellos isn't legal in Modern? He's in Vintage/Legacy only, with a Vintage Masters reprint.

Ah whoops. You're right. Hmm how'd he turn up in my searches..

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
Anyway I think the answer is something silly along the lines of
Urza's Mine -> Chromatic Star/Sphere
Urza's Power Plant -> Explore -> Urza's Tower -> Chromatic Star/Sphere, Explore -> Urza's Tower -> Chromatic Star/Sphere, Explore -> Urza's Tower -> Chromatic Star/Sphere, Explore -> Urza's Tower -> Chromatic Star/Sphere, Rampant Growth for plains or forest(?)
Urza's Power Plant -> something for green or white mana

Which makes 18 mana to start minus 1 or 2 to get access to the second color

E: You can definitely do better, something with Amulet of Vigor and Vesuva for starters, but idk if this beats the elfball line
E2: Are you trying to break Dawnglow Infusion?

is that good fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 18, 2021

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Jabor posted:

Forest -> Heritage Druid
Forest -> Nettle Sentinel -> Nettle Sentinel -> Dwynen's Elite -> Collected Company hitting Elvish Archdruid x2 -> Elvish Visionary -> Realmwalker -> ...
Plains

You'll have a lot more than 8 mana to play with but TBH I don't know why you'd bother with the white mana.

Allstone posted:

What are you trying to cast, a big Worldsoul Colossus?

https://scryfall.com/search?q=mana%...w%29+f%3Amodern

i saw the video from mtggoldfish about barren glory.. but was looking to see if you could generate a ton of mana to get karn liberated out and also tutor for barren glory on turn 3, then basically wait two more turns, ult the karn and then win with barren glory. white mana was for tutoring with idyllic or casting sterling grove. saccing and getting barren glory on the top of my deck which would still lead to the same result. (i'd have to exile a instant or sorcery on my current turn)

technically i don't need color mana if i had the card already in hand and i'd only need to summon karn the liberated.

another dumb one i had was to get enough mana to summon 2 planeswalkers, generate 9 mana (2 black) to cast karn + the elderspell, put 4 loyalty counters on karn, exile barren glory and then ult next turn.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

I've got a misprint (registration error) 3rd edition earthbind that I'm thinking of trading to the local misprint guy at my shop but I have no idea how to value the card other than I know perverts love it. Anybody know where I can get a dollar value for something like this? Is there a going rate for a deviance tax? I'm also trying to dump the rest of my misfits and errors, if anyone is interested I can put them up on SA mart

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

do they send you a whole new secret lair or just the one card, it sure would be nice to get an extra foil bird, wasteland and howling mine(and new counterspell of course) :v:

I was in different circumstances, but they sent me an entire new order immediately. If you point out that the pouch was open and everything got dinged up, even though only the Counterspell got bent, they might replace the whole thing. They seem to care as much as they should about cards being delivered in less than mint condition.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

PleasantDirge posted:

I've got a misprint (registration error) 3rd edition earthbind that I'm thinking of trading to the local misprint guy at my shop but I have no idea how to value the card other than I know perverts love it. Anybody know where I can get a dollar value for something like this? Is there a going rate for a deviance tax? I'm also trying to dump the rest of my misfits and errors, if anyone is interested I can put them up on SA mart

There's a Facebook group for misprints that's pretty popular, at the very least you can get a good idea of what people value those at.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Nice!
But .... how does fish go to time against e-tron?

I played Tide Shaper to turn their Urza's Saga into an island then next turn I plopped down a void mirror. Since he had the island he could basically cast one spell a turn with the colored mana and we dragged it out to time tied at 9 health

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

The most mana is infinite. You can achieve this by playing Freed From the Real on a Sanctum Weaver.
If you play the weaver on t2, you'll have 3 lands on t3 to play the Freed from the Real on the Weaver, tap the weaver for UU, use one U to untap the weaver and you'll make infinite blue.
Use any of those U to untap the weaver and tap for not U and you can filter the mana into any other color.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I played Tide Shaper to turn their Urza's Saga into an island then next turn I plopped down a void mirror. Since he had the island he could basically cast one spell a turn with the colored mana and we dragged it out to time tied at 9 health

Oh, well good news: When you turn saga into an island it dies so they had no colored mana sources and they shouldn't have been able to cast anything. They dragged you to time by a mistake no one caught.

This is actually because of the same rules bullshit that has me declaring jihad against blood moon:
Urza's Saga is an Uraza's (land type) and a Saga (enchantment type) and when you turn it into an island, it loses all of it's abilities. It also loses all of its land types but not all of it's other sub types.
So an Island urza's Saga is "Enchantment Land -- Island Saga" With no abilties other than T: Add U. T: Add C, and maybe 2T: Make a Construct (if it made it that far) (It keeps those second two abilities, despite losing all its abilities because layers. The CDA effect is applied in an earlier layer than the Ability adding effect of the resolved chapter abilities. So despite losing all its abilities it still gets to keep some abilities.)
BUT! It has no more chapter abilities, which means it's final chapter is zero. And since it will always be at or beyond it's final chapter (zero) it just dies.

E: More and more rules bullshit on Saga. Lol. Love you saga. Enjoy your place as the new Humility on the judge's test.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 18, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh, well good news: When you turn saga into an island it dies so they had no colored mana sources and they shouldn't have been able to cast anything.

This is actually because of the same rules bullshit that has me declaring jihad against blood moon:
Urza's Saga is an Uraza's (land type) and a Saga (enchantment type) and when you turn it into an island, it loses all of it's abilities. It also loses all of its land types but not all of it's other sub types.
So an Island urza's Saga is "Enchantment Land -- Island Saga" With no abilties other than T: Add U. T: Add C, and maybe 2T: Make a Construct (if it made it that far)
BUT! It has no more chapter abilities, which means it's final chapter is zero. And since it will always be at or beyond it's final chapter (zero) it just dies.

Oh poo poo lol. So really I would have won since I think he literally had no colored mana sources

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually now that I think of it he did have a Cavern of Souls that he put down a few turns later so he could have cast 1 creature a turn after that. But I still probably would have won. No harm no foul though, and I pulled an Arid Mesa from a prize pack

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually now that I think of it he did have a Cavern of Souls that he put down a few turns later so he could have cast 1 creature a turn after that. But I still probably would have won. No harm no foul though, and I pulled an Arid Mesa from a prize pack

I'm just expressing my surprise you weren't able to just lord up and kill them is all.
IME that's how E tron matches go, they take the first two turns off doing nothing and you, with the unblockable 4/4s, just smash their face in. They either draw stone/ugin or are dead right around when they cast their first 5/5. Games all over by turn 4.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 18, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm just expressing my surprise you weren't able to just lord up and kill them is all.
IME that's how E tron matches go, they take the first two turns off doing nothing and you, with the unblockable 4/4s, just smash their face in. They either draw stone/ugin or are dead right around when they cast their first 5/5. Games all over by turn 4.

It took me a little while to get lords out unfortunately

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It took me a little while to get lords out unfortunately

:(

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.twitch.tv/desertbus

Fyi Loading Ready Run is doing their Desert Bus for Hope Stream. Currently on the giveaway docket is a FULL COMPLETE set of Timespiral Remastered to win. Go. Donate. Listen to dulcet Canadian singing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
New Secret Lair megadrop
https://secretlair.wizards.com/us

They're doing an experiment and selling a full Commander deck, with double-sided alt-art versions of some of the cards in them, half of the deck is also foil and half is not for some reason?
Half of the drops are lands but there are some really pretty cards in some of these.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 18, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ngl those lands are dope.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://secretlair.wizards.com/us/product/696659/fblthp-completely-utterly-totally-lost
where's waldo with Fblthp

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Those pixel lands are phenomenal. Hope there's some way to get them on Arena eventually without springing for the Secret Lair.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't see why they would make a new rendition of Aether Gust when it already has perfect art

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't see why they would make a new rendition of Aether Gust when it already has perfect art

Because the original artist, Tomasz Jedruszek, is a really nice guy, and said he was totally cool with it, no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Forest Dracula is incredibly funny.