Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Play posted:

Did I ever make it into our goon club? how can I tell?

And if I did, what do I do to have races with people?

you should have gotten an invite, you have to go back into the club screen to accept. then a [GRCC] will appear by your name.

To race with club dudes you have to start a convoy with them and then go do races and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the seasonal race with SUVs is bullshit, I have to drive a bigass Defender and they can get M3s and Imprezas?

There’s an a800 series with modern sports cars on dirt and a separate b700 suv series. Maybe you entered the wrong one?

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Powershift posted:

If you can catch up to my ghost by 76%, you can see the spot where i tried looking backwards to figure out where your ghost went and i tapped the wall ever so gently. past that i started playing it pretty safe.

I, too, declare times faster than my own to be illegitimate.

Consider yourself ransomwared for another 30 minutes of your time.

You will need to use the hackerman car to beat that I think.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'm surprised to see both TCS and non-TCS as well as both auto and manual at the top of leaderboards. Would've figured that one of each of those options would be clearly faster

Powershift posted:

you should have gotten an invite, you have to go back into the club screen to accept. then a [GRCC] will appear by your name.

To race with club dudes you have to start a convoy with them and then go do races and stuff.

Thank you! I'll do so I didn't even know there was a club page so that's probably my issue

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

I'm not sure there even IS anyone slower than you.
Hi!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Chasing down these illegal street racers in my S class patrol car. Lights even function! NFS Most Wanted type action

Best livery ever:

Stoner wagon

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 19, 2021

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
They should really have an option to filter leaderboards for stuff like TCS. TCS players do not exist as far as I'm concerned

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

ChocNitty posted:

Stoner wagon

RIP to the goofy rear end S1 Forza Edition of this thing

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

super fart shooter posted:

They should really have an option to filter leaderboards for stuff like TCS. TCS players do not exist as far as I'm concerned

I turned this off and it feels like there's basically no difference except now I can drift without only being able to E-Drift.

Worth it for the extra credits from races IMO.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Is the AE86 not in the game?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

Wheelspin or auction house. Good luck.

e: it could be a seasonal at some point too

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Foehammer007 posted:

I still haven't seen one on the auction house, this is the only one I've seen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I haven’t checked the ae86 but a lot of cars like the hoonigans RWB 911 are stuck at $185k max buyout, meaning a bunch of people have to sell one at that to get the price moving up.

A couple cars got stuck there in FM4 like the 65 GTO and Buick GSX. Not enough people willing to take the loss so nobody ever sold them.

I don’t know how many extras I have but I could try getting one to you tomorrow. My first one was like my 510th unique car, the game just didn’t want Me to have one.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
How has everyone been finding cross country since the patch? I just did some CC racing for the Baja Bug seasonal thing, and I didn't encounter any of the bullshit from before, where it felt like most of the vehicles were an entire class above mine, so hopefully they were successful in fixing that. I think you can still get the thing where a few drivatars just get a huge lead and you can never close it at all no matter what, but that issue is not specific to CC, that can happen in all race types. I think they probably still have some work to do with drivatars.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

super fart shooter posted:

How has everyone been finding cross country since the patch? I just did some CC racing for the Baja Bug seasonal thing, and I didn't encounter any of the bullshit from before, where it felt like most of the vehicles were an entire class above mine, so hopefully they were successful in fixing that. I think you can still get the thing where a few drivatars just get a huge lead and you can never close it at all no matter what, but that issue is not specific to CC, that can happen in all race types. I think they probably still have some work to do with drivatars.

While CC remains my least favorite race type, I accidentally did all the seasonal championships on Unbeatable

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I just last night or the night before did the final cc race in my a-class el camino of doom, which got up to 180 mph easy straight off the line... and because it counts as a trucks-and-vans truck, the cpu driver in first place was a 200 mph vandura.

the start boost off the line faded after a bit, so it was at least playable, and I won, but this game definitely doesn't stop doing at least some version of its bullshit, even when patched down a bit

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Yeah it's weird, I never felt like the FH4 drivatars were full of poo poo like they sometimes are in this game, but I guess they weren't really that challenging either. Feels like they made them more dynamic and rubber bandy, but they just overshot by quite a bit.

I think I just figured out why this one's called the storm season, I was driving around on the beach in a full on hurricane, the SFX were so loud it was almost drowning out the music

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

e: it could be a seasonal at some point too

specifically it's the last season of series 1, in three weeks. that's the trueno

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
If anyone is having trouble with The Trial for this season, I figured out a tune that works pretty awesome for it. So well that I was able to play defense hard enough that most of the field didn't even finish.

2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia : 126 555 719

e: lol I blacked out the red team. Whatever.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 19, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

man gently caress that urban cross country circuit

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
"Test Driver: Chapter 1", Horizon Street Scene was designed by a sadist. Every moment of that race is infuriating.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 19, 2021

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The problem with drivatars is entirely because of the super loose nature of how the gates operate. I can’t imagine how you’d program ai to properly shift momentum before going through gates.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Haven't played any racing games since GT4, but this is fun and cool and I'm glad I picked it up.

Can someone point me towards a guide, or briefly explain, how to start tuning for dumb dumbs? Like, what's the preferred way for A/B testing a tune? Which modifiers make a big difference and what sliders are just fluff? What's your thought process and procedure for dialing something in?

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
Was wanting to gently caress around in FH5 but the game CTDs on launch if I have my G920 plugged in. If I plug it in after the game is already running, game immediately crashes.

Anyone have a similar issue and fix it? I haven't had any luck at all so far. Weird since it worked just fine in FH4. Oh well...

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

DrHammond posted:

Haven't played any racing games since GT4, but this is fun and cool and I'm glad I picked it up.

Can someone point me towards a guide, or briefly explain, how to start tuning for dumb dumbs? Like, what's the preferred way for A/B testing a tune? Which modifiers make a big difference and what sliders are just fluff? What's your thought process and procedure for dialing something in?

I really like these two videos, which complement each other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvSOOu_4XRw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHNIBBw6Tw

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hey look, it's Friday already!

I'm pleased to say our friend Serperoth, a fine EU goon for those of you looking to do online stuff and accolades, has installed a bot on our GRCC Discord and you can now (I think) go to the #roles channel and self-select your time zone from the following options: EuroGoons, Goons Of The Americas, Oceania, and "It's Always Race O'Clock."

After work I surprised myself by sitting down with my guitar and a goofy riff popped out that I had to record and send to a friend of mine for consideration and haven't made Forza time yet, but this weekend as we hang out I will try to be around for all the time groups and get to know folks. I'd like to have a Discord mod available, as Endbuster has so kindly been doing (thanks, EB!) in each of the three big time groups as the game picks up steam and they iron out the game-breaking bugs.

I have Sunday and Mondays off work, so my weekend officially begins once I am home from work Saturday night, about 11pm EST or GMT-5. After that I'm on and off until late late late Monday night. I'm going to devote a lot of time to getting those seasonal events done, rack up some skill points, make some money. Apart from the Willys super-wheelspins I haven't indulged in any of the exploits (and boy was there an amazing one with rewinds and a map editor and something... I watched it and my jaw dropped and just browsed away before I could be tempted) so I'm broke af. I've got less than $2M in the bank and I need. More. Cars.

I will have decent down-time later in the evenings the next couple of nights at work, so I'll be around the channels bored out of my mind (if the weather stays good).

EDIT: Also, do not sleep on that loving Alpine in A Class. It is a blast. I tuned one for handling with lots of downforce and it still goes like the wind and has a decent top end even for A800. I'll put my tune up here in a few once I get on the XBox.

Also, There is an #organization channel on the Discord where you can share your stuff so we can download it, use it, and like it so folks can get some kudos.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 19, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Powershift posted:

It's the code of online racing games. Everybody faster than me is a cheater, everybody slower than me is a scrub.

I'm the opposite, every time I win an online race I assume I must have accidentally cheated

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

isk posted:

While CC remains my least favorite race type, I accidentally did all the seasonal championships on Unbeatable

I am pretty sure you can't change the difficulty of the seasonal championships, they are locked to Highly Skilled. Even if you had unbeatable selected it would go back to highly skilled during those races. Did you get the accolades for winning against unbeatable AI?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

emdash posted:

There’s an a800 series with modern sports cars on dirt and a separate b700 suv series. Maybe you entered the wrong one?

yeah :sweatdrop:

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

If you are having problems with the SUV seasonal there is a Lamborghini SUV called "Urus" that is quite good.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

TjyvTompa posted:

I am pretty sure you can't change the difficulty of the seasonal championships, they are locked to Highly Skilled. Even if you had unbeatable selected it would go back to highly skilled during those races.

This is correct.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Here`s my very :effort: General Sherman

https://ibb.co/FDNjJh5

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Ah, they fixed the low res terrain on ultra bug, that was doing my head in thinking I had a setting wrong, gently caress!

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
All this cross country poo poo this season really sucks

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Gasoline posted:

All this cross country poo poo this season really sucks

This.. Like the acutal racetracks and "rally courses" are cool. the bullshit ones with built up jumps are bullshit

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Cross country races are a cool thing in theory but the way they're implemented they have absolutely been the single worst thing about the Forza Horizon series since they started putting them in.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

DrHammond posted:

^Yep those vids are great for wrapping your head around it all. I love the blue Mulege circuit race toward the bottom/left/middle of the map - it has a nice range of turns and straights, it's short, there's a house right next to it you can hit to swap out parts, get the route down so you can do the circuit in free roam mode to play with all your tuning slider settings, then hit the rival event on it to get actual times on how your setup is doing, pop back to the house for parts The tune manager is nice for comparison too - e.g. save a slot called "Power" and get it all dialed in, swap parts and do a new slot called "Lightweight" and dial it in, then load them back and forth while doing Mulege laps to check them out and get some stat comparison on the load screen. Power:Weight ratio is an easy check too when comparing setups - divide HP by weight, higher is better - the weight affects handling, but power to weight gives you a straight number for comparing what should be faster in a straight line. Shoutouts to GRCC Bearforce for always beating my Mulege times so I have a benchmark comparison :gaz:

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
I'm probably just missing something really obvious, but is there a way to name cars or somehow easily distinguish different kinds of setups between cars, assuming I'm mostly using setups shared by others? While most of my cars are stock, it's annoying to have (for example) multiple A800 cars and not remember which one's for dirt and which one's for street racing. This is mostly a problem with Horizon Open and others that just throw you straight into the car select screen - the tire icons and offroad rating help, but not in all cases.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

It's a huge problem, isn't it? I've started to color-coordinate. It's very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Qtamo posted:

I'm probably just missing something really obvious, but is there a way to name cars or somehow easily distinguish different kinds of setups between cars, assuming I'm mostly using setups shared by others? While most of my cars are stock, it's annoying to have (for example) multiple A800 cars and not remember which one's for dirt and which one's for street racing. This is mostly a problem with Horizon Open and others that just throw you straight into the car select screen - the tire icons and offroad rating help, but not in all cases.

Paint cars orange for rally, green for cross country and blue for road.