Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I see they added options for HDMI-CEC control so now its not an absolute and you can set it to only turn the TV/console off in specific circumstances which is nice.

whether it actually works is yet to be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wonder if Konami said it’d delist MGS just to get a sales boost

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It was that price last month when I bought it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I played like 4 hours of Halo big team battle with friends today and, actually it’s good

I still think the default quick match 4v4 queue is not for me but I think between BTB and campaign and custom games I’ll have plenty to do

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

yeah I've put more hours into Halo in the past 3 days than I have put into BF2042 in the past week and a bit. happily threw $20 or whatever at Halo for the cosmetic battlepass garbage because I will easily extract that much fun out of the game over the course of the season.

meanwhile I went from 'I only buy 1-2 games a year so lets get gold edition BF2042!' to 'I am refunding this because the beta was awful' to 'wow they fixed maybe one tenth of the issues from the beta and none of them were the glaring core gameplay flaws there is no way in hell I am paying a cent for this game until several patches have been released' during the first hour of the free 10hr trial.

Its simply unbelievable that Dice/EA thought giving people a 10hr demo of that broken pile of poo poo was going to boost sales.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
I guess it's black friday sale time already https://www.trueachievements.com/n47821/xbox-black-friday-sale-2021

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just learned that the Halo meets Portal free to play game Splitstream has a kill/confirm mode where you have to tea bag the target. The idea that Halo doesn't have this fills me with rage.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lammasu posted:

I just learned that the Halo meets Portal free to play game Splitstream has a kill/confirm mode where you have to tea bag the target. The idea that Halo doesn't have this fills me with rage.

Splitgate rules. Both that game and Halo Infinite scratch the Halo itch but in different ways for me.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Escape Goat posted:

My fairly old HDMI receiver can't support 2.1 so I am connecting each console's HDMI to TV and then routing optical back out of the TV.

Is there any downside to this as opposed to using HDMI? Other than obviously losing the ability of the receiver to serve as a HDMI hub.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don’t think you can do certain higher-end uncompressed 5.1 audio formats over optical.

Yeah it limits your options considerably. Also keep in mind this method is offloading some audio processing onto the TV itself, which even on my high end OLED results in unusable audio latency when using DTS, so I can only use uncompressed 5.1.

It’s a poo poo time to buy a new AV receiver because the brand new ones that support all the bells and whistles all have problems that need either software patches or hardware tweaks. This appears to be constant across all mfg’s, so even the $2k Marantz poo poo has the same bugs as Yamaha A/V’s. Everyone recommends just waiting until next year to buy something at this point.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

It’s a poo poo time to buy a new AV receiver because the brand new ones that support all the bells and whistles all have problems that need either software patches or hardware tweaks. This appears to be constant across all mfg’s, so even the $2k Marantz poo poo has the same bugs as Yamaha A/V’s. Everyone recommends just waiting until next year to buy something at this point.

Yeah that's where I'm at. There are a few known-good receivers available, but they're expensive, and known-good, so they can be hard to find. I've been lurking the IYG home audio system thread for updates on the situation https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3384469

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Playing Max Payne 3. I really wish this had a 60fps update like some other BC titles, but I'm happy just to be able to play it on Series X at all.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Did they ever make Return to Arkham run well?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nope. 45FPS on Asylum. 30 on City. hosed up graphics. Terrible terrible ports.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s a travesty City never got proper Pro/X support, it’s one of the best looking games of last gen but it’s so low res now.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dang, that's a shame.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

It appears this might now be delisted.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1461488591675215873

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I really wish MS and Sony had given devs a far earlier indication that this gen was gonna be basically the same architecture but more powerful hardware and asked them to put in an unlocked framerate option in all games.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I really wish MS and Sony had given devs a far earlier indication that this gen was gonna be basically the same architecture but more powerful hardware and asked them to put in an unlocked framerate option in all games.

Probably would have been a good idea, especially now that everything is a year or more behind schedule.

Hopefully there are more fps boosts in the works.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

So glad plugging in a headset now mutes external speakers thanks to the latest update.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Glad I picked it up then.

Wish it had xcloud support though.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

there's no buy button on this

efb

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Does anyone know how the 20th Anniversary stuff for logging into Waypoint works?
Edit: Never mind. Turns out I had it the entire time.

Lammasu fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 19, 2021

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Boar It posted:

So I got the second (series) controller now, and it is just as loud, if not even louder. So either this is the norm or I keep manging to buy defective ones. The second one is from a different retailer too but alas it seems to be defective. At least everyone I ask who has Xbox One controllers say theirs are quiet. Like I said before if I wear headphones it is possible to ignore it but if I were to play with speakers it would be nigh impossible with all the rattling and screeching emanating from the controller. Real bummer too since the addition of trigger rumble is fantastic and I love it in Forza, makes braking so much easier. But I guess I'll just return these and hold off for now. :shrug:

Dumb question but are you wearing a weird ring or do you have a metal finger

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
The store app still needs work, I can't figure out how to do any real sorting.

The announced BC games still don't show up unless I go to a website for them and I still can't buy many of them.

Also watch out there is a lot of sneaky sales poo poo going on like a version of The Show for $9 and it's the xb1 version. It would be great if these digital storefronts handled all this DLC, bronze, gold, ultimate, mega editions and poo poo so much better.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Halo is so so so so good

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Waiting a month and some change to get $40 off some ubisoft games always pays off.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Spacebump posted:

Splitgate rules. Both that game and Halo Infinite scratch the Halo itch but in different ways for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EvZF2m546k

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I can confirm that Forza and Halo coming out at nearly the exact same time has completely destroyed my ability to prioritize things in my life. Quick Resume has never been more crucial.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I've been neglecting all the other game pass offerings because of Forza and Halo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can't stop playing Halo right now. This will hopefully let up around December 9th when I am scheduled to play Halo

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

MikeRabsitch posted:

Dumb question but are you wearing a weird ring or do you have a metal finger

Nope, nothing like that going on either. It is strictly the controllers making that noise.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I can’t stop playing it either. Honestly the entire aesthetic of those games turn me off; these seem like almost the same maps I got sick of way back in Halo 3.

But goddamn it plays so well. Everything works. Unbelievably polished in gameplay. Has me looking up YouTube tips so I can play better. Even had some good games last night. It’s free! GOTY.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think an underappreciated thing is the game has no shotgun. That and the base ARs quality.

I cannot believe Im praising 343 here. This is madness

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Barudak posted:

I think an underappreciated thing is the game has no shotgun. That and the base ARs quality.

I cannot believe Im praising 343 here. This is madness

The Bulldog is the game's shotgun. It's not super common but it's in most maps as far as I can tell.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
The classic shotgun is gone but the new smaller UNSC shotgun packs a punch.

Echoing everyone else, this is the first MP Halo game I’ve gotten into since Halo 3, BTB is great fun.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sucks that forge is still 6 months away.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sorry for posting about this again but I just want to do a final check, is FEAR 1 available digitally for anyone? I’ve tried to change my store to a few different places and it all seems to be disk only

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sorry for posting about this again but I just want to do a final check, is FEAR 1 available digitally for anyone? I’ve tried to change my store to a few different places and it all seems to be disk only

Fear 1 and Fear Files are only available via disc unfortunately. You can’t buy a digital version of them.

Out of the new games that were added, these 360 games are only able to be played via disc. All of the new OG Xbox games can be digitally purchased.

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand - Disc Only/Delisted
-Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?: Make the Grade - Delisted
-FEAR - Disc Only/Delisted
-FEAR Files - Disc Only/Delisted
-Lego: Lord of the Rings - Disc Only/Delisted
-Mortal Kombat 9 - Disc Only/Delisted
-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - Disc Only/Delisted
-Rio - Disc Only/Delisted
-Screwjumper! - Delisted

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nice one, thanks for checking that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Anyone buy something good on the Black Friday sale? I'm still eyeing Metro Exodus like I do every time it's on sale. But I won't get around to it because of Halo most likely.