Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender
And to the surprise of absolutely no one Austria goes into Lockdown for 10 days starting Monday. Dazu gibt's Impfpflicht (ab Februar 2022, weil eine Welle geht noch). Das hätt ma alles früher billiger haben können...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Drone posted:

tell me you've never bought weed without saying you've never bought weed
I've been smoking for the better part of the last like 15 years but cool if you live in a capitalist paradise where you have lots of options on your sources

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Antigravitas posted:

Nur für Kiffer mit Wohnsitz in Schleswig-Holstein.

e: Here's Wieler's "Brandrede" btw., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASTxs5_XAo

Personally I would've been much more scathing. I admire his restraint…

i like how he still had to explain stuff like "exponential growth bad" like the audience consists of tiny babby brains that have not been living in corona hellworld for 2 years. very soon after this some einzelhandels/wirtschafts heini went "muh weihnachtsgeschäft :qq:! we cant't do more einschränkungen. haven't you seen our glorious hygienekonzept uwu" and even kretschmer got pissed at him lol.

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

GABA ghoul posted:

So the new Coronamassnahmen DLC is now out. 3g in Öffis, 3g am Arbeitsplatz, de facto lockdown for ungeimpfte when hospitals are full, impfpflicht for pfleger in pflegeheimen.

But no mandatory home office??
So I have to go back to office next week with my ungeimpfter idiot colleague??
:bang:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Spin And Speed posted:

So I have to go back to office next week with my ungeimpfter idiot colleague??
:bang:

Doch doch, solange es der Betrieb nicht verlangt, ist mandatory home Office vorgesehen. Also die Tagesschau sagte so.

(Oh btw Spahn Said today he’s not ausschließing a NEW total lockdown, so it’s coming in a week or two)

https://twitter.com/fmittermeier/status/1461441966932119560?s=21

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Edit: ^^^^ pretty optimistic to think he can buy weed legally next week

Sitting in the Gynäkologen-Wartezimmer for 15 mins after my Booster. Friday is Impfday. Out of 12 patients 3 are women...

Hopper fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Nov 19, 2021

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Zwille posted:

Doch doch, solange es der Betrieb nicht verlangt, ist mandatory home Office vorgesehen. Also die Tagesschau sagte so.

(Oh btw Spahn Said today he’s not ausschließing a NEW total lockdown, so it’s coming in a week or two)

https://twitter.com/fmittermeier/status/1461441966932119560?s=21

If there's gonna be a lockdown it has to be verhängt before the 25.11. and then it can only last until 15.12. due to the new Infektionsschutzgesetz

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This is all immensely stupid. Instead of self defeating Maßnahmen (no free tests!) and some more sensible ones to make the unvaccinated get the shot, there should have been an Impfpflicht since the summer at the latest. gently caress Datenschutz and gently caress individual liberty, a general Impfpflicht (except for medical reasons only!) would have been so much better. And there would be no entirely predictable effects like some Pflegekräfte quitting their jobs instead of getting vaxxed, as we have seen in many other countries, and will see here once mandatory vaccinations come for Pflegepersonal.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

KonvexKonkav posted:

If there's gonna be a lockdown it has to be verhängt before the 25.11. and then it can only last until 15.12. due to the new Infektionsschutzgesetz

Spd Vorsitz is way ahead of you:
https://twitter.com/EskenSaskia/status/1461248865370263555

Just two weeks to stop the spr.. *dies*

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Torrannor posted:

gently caress Datenschutz and gently caress individual liberty, a general Impfpflicht (except for medical reasons only!) would have been so much better.
Do not, in fact, remotely gently caress either of these things but I'm not opposed to making the vaccine mandatory at all, surely there's a way to have both and surely it's the lesser evil compared to all these you-cannot-except-if-unless-and-then-only regulations we have cause no politician wants to be the bad guy.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

pidan posted:

Spd Vorsitz is way ahead of you:
https://twitter.com/EskenSaskia/status/1461248865370263555

Just two weeks to stop the spr.. *dies*

sounds a like a dumb idea. maybe some regierungspartei could try to change that :thunk:

another thing that owns is their galaxy-brained idea to koppel corona-maßnahmen to intensivbettenbelegung. intensivbettenbelegung is going down in sachsen because they have to verleg patienten into other bundesländer, corona is over, open 'er up

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

KonvexKonkav posted:

another thing that owns is their galaxy-brained idea to koppel corona-maßnahmen to intensivbettenbelegung. intensivbettenbelegung is going down in sachsen because they have to verleg patienten into other bundesländer, corona is over, open 'er up

It's not as bad as you make it out to be. The Intensivbettenbelegung is going down in Sachsen, but still far above the Grenzwert that allows the harshest restrictions.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

*in an FDP voice* well you see shoving your intensive care patients off to other states fosters a spirit of healthy competition

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Zwille posted:

Spin And Speed posted:

Sadly I cannot find a strong Quelle on this, only wischi-waschi stuff like "soll wieder eingeführt werden". Even rewatching yesterdays ARD Spezial in the Mediathek.

Anyone have a definitive source on this?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Do not, in fact, remotely gently caress either of these things but I'm not opposed to making the vaccine mandatory at all, surely there's a way to have both and surely it's the lesser evil compared to all these you-cannot-except-if-unless-and-then-only regulations we have cause no politician wants to be the bad guy.

I'm not opposed to impf duty but enforcing something like this seems like a nightmare. I guess you could use Arbeitgeber to do it for arbeitende Bevölkerung(impf yourself or fristlose Kündigung, Arbeitgeber gonna love it! Be required to fire a star employee during Arbeitskräftemangel). But what about Rentner? You cut their pensions as sanktionsmassnahme? How do countries actually do adult Impfplicht? Is this even a thing anywhere? I think the last time we had this here was during the Kaiserreich.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Torrannor posted:

It's not as bad as you make it out to be. The Intensivbettenbelegung is going down in Sachsen, but still far above the Grenzwert that allows the harshest restrictions.

It doesn't matter if the Maßnahmen attached to it are poo poo. Currently Munich has been red on that measure for ~2 weeks, and the attached Maßnahmen have all been in effect. Unfortunately, they are not remotely strict enough and don't go beyond 2g in gastro and 2g+ for maskless clubs (the latter should be an absolute no-go anyway right now). Hotels and körpernahe Dienstleistungen are actually exempt from 2g for example.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

GABA ghoul posted:

I'm not opposed to impf duty but enforcing something like this seems like a nightmare. I guess you could use Arbeitgeber to do it for arbeitende Bevölkerung(impf yourself or fristlose Kündigung, Arbeitgeber gonna love it! Be required to fire a star employee during Arbeitskräftemangel). But what about Rentner? You cut their pensions as sanktionsmassnahme? How do countries actually do adult Impfplicht? Is this even a thing anywhere? I think the last time we had this here was during the Kaiserreich.

That's not that problematic. Rentner don't have as many contacts as working people and children do, and their vaccine uptake is okay anyway.

The real problem is all the people being forced into coming into contact with other people, either at work or in school. And in that case you have tools readily available to mandate vaccination, i.e. for all jobs that come into contact with people and for all students.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Hopper posted:

It doesn't matter if the Maßnahmen attached to it are poo poo. Currently Munich has been red on that measure for ~2 weeks, and the attached Maßnahmen have all been in effect. Unfortunately, they are not remotely strict enough and don't go beyond 2g in gastro and 2g+ for maskless clubs (the latter should be an absolute no-go anyway right now). Hotels and körpernahe Dienstleistungen are actually exempt from 2g for example.

Oh yeah, the measures themselves are not even remotely sufficient. I was just pointing out that relying on Intensivbettenbelegung is not actually a problem, at least not the surprisingly sensible way it is implemented, in contrast to the rest of the Verordnung.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Wasn’t polio and Masern pretty much mandatory?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Spin And Speed posted:

Sadly I cannot find a strong Quelle on this, only wischi-waschi stuff like "soll wieder eingeführt werden". Even rewatching yesterdays ARD Spezial in the Mediathek.

Anyone have a definitive source on this?

I also remember news saying it, and I might seem to recall even Merkel said “Homeoffice überall wo möglich”, but I also can’t find anything official. Might have to watch her Rede again (drat was she pissed).

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Last draft of the new law that just passed the Bundesrat had the same mandatory WFH clause as we had earlier this year.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Our HR just sent us an email about the Änderung des Infektionsschutzgesetzes and home office Pflicht starting next Monday. So it is in there, otherwise, they would not do that.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Zwille posted:

Wasn’t polio and Masern pretty much mandatory?

Polio no, masern only since 2020 and only for schools, ddr mileage may vary.

I wonder if Austria deliberately made the vaxx mandate so late in the hope that enough people get scared into taking the vax, and the wave passes, and when the deadline comes they can say "welp, don't need this after all" like happened in the US. Or maybe courts kipp it and everyone is happy.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Shout out to Löss, the 2021 Boden des Jahres

https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/themen/loessboden-ist-boden-des-jahres-2021

https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/sites/default/files/medien/479/bilder/20201202_loessboden_gn3a0276i.jpg

Be sure to check out Löss.jpg

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

It's what plants crave!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Someone make a Löss edit so I don't have to

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

this hole was made for me

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
You're such a square.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

aphid_licker posted:

Someone make a Löss edit so I don't have to

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hello mods pls make this the new thread title, idk how, figure something out

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Adore the lovingly hand painted helmet and shovel. That's dedication, that is.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

:five:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lol

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Goddammit. :lol:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

lmao

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

hähä

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!