Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

facialimpediment posted:

I KNOW, RIGHT

The shitmods just loving suck, they're in mostly safe-blue districts, and they should all get primaried.

Yeah, here are the numbers (before it gets murdered to death by Bernie in the Senate, likely capped at $400K in income max):

https://twitter.com/jasonfurman/status/1458965034797867008

I've never had much of a problem with SALT - Republicans really shafted the gently caress out of Blue States with that 2017 bill, considering Blue State budgets are mostly paid for by rich fucks' state income taxes. With that said, also gently caress 'em, they can have fun hanging with Elon and COVID in a red state if they really want to save on their taxes.

How did the Republicans shaft the blue states with the 2017 bill? The SALT deduction doesn't lower the person's tax liability to the state, it lowers their tax liability to the Federal Government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I genuinely thought this was the NYT Pitchbot at first.

Edit: Actually I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this is actually a potential ticket. It's one of the most DNC things imaginable.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 19, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
How to make Northeastern Liberals stay home on election day: go with a West Virginia-Arizona ticket.

Julian Castro and Stacey Abrams is my dream ticket for 2024. He's still relatively young, he's a nice guy, and she could deliver Georgia gift-wrapped and probably run a winning national campaign. But the DNC's never going to put two minorities on a ticket, there has to be a NON-SCARY WHITE GUY to balance things out.

Kamala could have a -1% approval rating and I still couldn't see her going gentle (and quietly) into that good night.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Duckworth fetterman

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

she could deliver Georgia gift-wrapped and probably run a winning national campaign.

Stacey Abrams couldn't deliver herself the governors mansion with only slight election fuckery by the secretary of state, she and in fact no one blue will be able to deliver Georgia with the legislature putting election fuckery into law, because we're not getting election reform.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I looked into this guy, Albert Watkin, as St Louis lawyer.

He has some fame for a few reasons, including:
  • Defending a company called The South Butt from those fuckbag North Face vandals.

• Frequent profanity in public statements
  • While acting as the attorney for the ex-husband of one of former-Missouri Governor Eric Greitens' affair/sex assault victims, he received a $100k payment from Scott Faughn, the publisher of The Missouri Times, and political opponent of Greitens, which became its own B-story during the time of the 2018 trial.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Defenestrategy posted:

Stacey Abrams couldn't deliver herself the governors mansion with only slight election fuckery by the secretary of state, she and in fact no one blue will be able to deliver Georgia with the legislature putting election fuckery into law, because we're not getting election reform.

Amen brother

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Oklahoma National Guard Rejecting Vaccine Mandate

How is this even a thing and how long until the OKNG gets federalized and ordered to get the vaccine?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BUG JUG posted:

How is this even a thing and how long until the OKNG gets federalized and ordered to get the vaccine?

There's much better law speakers and NG-knowers here than me so take my statements for what their worth. I believe that scorched earth "screw you do what I say" tactic is possible, just politically messy. It would absolutely send the message that needs to be sent in this situation though so I'm frustrated it hasn't happened. Everyone who is going to scream about it is already screaming about blood of tyrants and itching to do January 6th 2.0 so gently caress them, put them in their places or fire them all.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

BUG JUG posted:

Apparently you just get to do whatever the hell you want in the Guard anymore.

The Kentucky Guard hosed everyone on the Border Mission because 6 of their pilots wouldn't get the vaccine and were thus undeployable.

It'll be fun when the OK ARNG figures out that like 90% of the Guard's funding is Federal.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The Line Documentary about Eddie Gallagher just dropped on Apple TV. I had listened to the podcast before and was convinced Eddie Gallagher was a sociopath, at the very least extremely brain busted by years of combat. But I wasn’t prepared for the level of detail in this 4-part documentary. I mean holy poo poo they have videos and pictures of literally Team 7’s entire Mosul deployment. The dude has a picture taken for his “battlefield re-enlistment ceremony” and he’s holding the dead ISIS kid’s hair in his hand like he’s a dead turkey. It’s just loving crazy. I have a tendency to get really viscerally triggered by seeing a human getting tortured or gravely mistreated. That recently released docudrama with Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater about Dr Death had some surgery scenes that legit shook me to my core. I just cannot ever every imagine a patient under my care being hurt like that and I get the feeling that for Eddie’s squad mates there’s the same sort of visceral reaction but it comes down to innocent non-combatants. This documentary literally portrays Eddie killing innocent women and children with his sniper rifle. Man gently caress trump forever for getting Eddie off scott free. And gently caress Fox News for turning his story into some patriot vs the left bullshit in the first place.

Also fair warning there is at least one scene in ep1 where a suicide bomber goes off right in front of a bunch of Iraqi soldiers and for a split second there’s definitely pink mist all up in the scene. There are a bunch of extremely raw scenes, really. I guess Apple TV doesn’t mind airing multiple drone and helmet cam scenes of people literally getting vaporized.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PeterCat posted:

How did the Republicans shaft the blue states with the 2017 bill? The SALT deduction doesn't lower the person's tax liability to the state, it lowers their tax liability to the Federal Government.

The federal government is a vast income redistribution scheme, taking from the blue and giving to the red.

Cutting SALT takes more from the blue.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Good chance at least someone objected to this poo poo and got fratricided for their trouble isn't there

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Line Documentary about Eddie Gallagher just dropped on Apple TV. I had listened to the podcast before and was convinced Eddie Gallagher was a sociopath, at the very least extremely brain busted by years of combat. But I wasn’t prepared for the level of detail in this 4-part documentary. I mean holy poo poo they have videos and pictures of literally Team 7’s entire Mosul deployment. The dude has a picture taken for his “battlefield re-enlistment ceremony” and he’s holding the dead ISIS kid’s hair in his hand like he’s a dead turkey. It’s just loving crazy. I have a tendency to get really viscerally triggered by seeing a human getting tortured or gravely mistreated. That recently released docudrama with Alec Baldwin and Christian Slater about Dr Death had some surgery scenes that legit shook me to my core. I just cannot ever every imagine a patient under my care being hurt like that and I get the feeling that for Eddie’s squad mates there’s the same sort of visceral reaction but it comes down to innocent non-combatants. This documentary literally portrays Eddie killing innocent women and children with his sniper rifle. Man gently caress trump forever for getting Eddie off scott free. And gently caress Fox News for turning his story into some patriot vs the left bullshit in the first place.

Also fair warning there is at least one scene in ep1 where a suicide bomber goes off right in front of a bunch of Iraqi soldiers and for a split second there’s definitely pink mist all up in the scene. There are a bunch of extremely raw scenes, really. I guess Apple TV doesn’t mind airing multiple drone and helmet cam scenes of people literally getting vaporized.

I'll need to watch it at some point as I just just finished reading Alpha, and yeah, Gallagher is an incredibly huge shitbird. I mean it was obviously the case before the trial but there was a ton of stuff that just did not come out at all during the trial or afterwards because of undue command influence and other assorted bureaucratic poo poo.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Boosters official, go get 'em

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1461696143184834565?t=Hti8JbmUNY-cxpn9M29z4A&s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Trip report - Got Pfizer 12/31/20 and 1/20/21

Got a moderna booster this past Wednesday - 2 days ago. Yesterday just felt tired and my shoulder hurt a bunch.

Ended up spending last night with the shits, been up since about 0300 PDT. I do not feel good.

:(

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Simpsons Did It

China: Man banned from all-you-can-eat BBQ for eating too much
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-59331975

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 19, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:nfpa:

your link's a bit mangled, ftfy

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 19, 2021

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/APFactCheck/status/1461455193044922371?s=20

Right-wing sites and disinformation outlets are already running with the "piles of bricks left out for Antifa agitators" fake story that they also went with during last year's protests.

Gonna be a long few days when the Rittenhouse verdict comes out.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

windshipper posted:

Got a moderna booster this past Wednesday - 2 days ago. Yesterday just felt tired and my shoulder hurt a bunch.

Ended up spending last night with the shits, been up since about 0300 PDT. I do not feel good.

Should come out of it soon, the Moderna booster seems to have a gently caress-you-up duration of about 36 hours, then some tail-end minor shoulder soreness for a few more days. I highly recommend hitting the pain meds if you haven't already - rotate ibuprofen and Tylenol every few hours. Probably wouldn't hurt to take some Pepto too :v:

Anyways, bill passed after a McCarthy dumbabuster last night, here's what's in it (which the Senate will fuk with): and there's a lot of good in it

https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/1461694151792152581?t=kU01uyY03d36eFQSOWdwNQ&s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ALL HAIL PRESIDENT* KAMALA

https://twitter.com/slisker/status/1461702944995348487?t=dGJf1AhdjvT6C-B-zsT38g&s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/APFactCheck/status/1461455193044922371?s=20

Right-wing sites and disinformation outlets are already running with the "piles of bricks left out for Antifa agitators" fake story that they also went with during last year's protests.

Gonna be a long few days when the Rittenhouse verdict comes out.

Pictured: Antifa weapon storage area. Antifa frog-men like to store bludgeoning instruments along shorelines so that they can sneak onto and off of the shore.

For urban and suburban armament, keep on the lookout for weapons caches like this:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

:nfpa:

your link's a bit mangled, ftfy

Thank you, I just could not figure out urls this morning for the life of me.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

windshipper posted:

Trip report - Got Pfizer 12/31/20 and 1/20/21

I got a Pfizer booster yesterday in addition to my initial Pfizer jabs, and aside from feeling sore this morning, I'm in pretty decent shape.

I felt a little sickly last night but some advil and a solid night of sleep seemed to carry me through the worst of it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Moderna booster day 1 was slightly tired, sore arm. Day 2 sucked. Headache, nauseous (but not puking), poop problems.

After 48 hours, I had no problems beyond slightly sore arm.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Meanwhile on the other side of things...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-pence-colonoscopy-anaethesia-book-b1928722.html

quote:

Donald Trump refused to go under anesthesia when he had a colonoscopy because he did not want to hand power over to Mike Pence, a new book claims.

Mr Trump’s former press secretary Stephanie Grisham says that the president did not want anyone to know about the medical procedure, which she does not specifically name, because he did not want to be “the butt of a joke” for late-night comedians.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dude can keyster the poo poo camera without passing out?

Had no idea he was a power bottom.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I've read that rear end cancer is a pretty terrible way to die, so if it happens to him because of his own ego I'm all for the poetic justice of him being loving dead.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Crab Dad posted:

Dude can keyster the poo poo camera without passing out?

Had no idea he was a power bottom.

Fairly certain he said that was what he was doing, but then had them knock him out anyway and just didn't tell anyone.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

For urban and suburban armament, keep on the lookout for weapons caches like this:

The Kamala Ultralefts are operating in broad daylight now

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 19, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CainFortea posted:

Fairly certain he said that was what he was doing, but then had them knock him out anyway and just didn't tell anyone.

Some people elect to *not* go under, and it's not required, the doctors just prefer it because it's easier and faster to roto-rooter someone who's unconscious.

I think it's way more likely he just didn't get a colonoscopy. Can you imagine the rear end in a top hat doing the pre-cleanse process with his phobia of being poisoned? No loving way.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Some people elect to *not* go under, and it's not required, the doctors just prefer it because it's easier and faster to roto-rooter someone who's unconscious.

I think it's way more likely he just didn't get a colonoscopy. Can you imagine the rear end in a top hat doing the pre-cleanse process with his phobia of being poisoned? No loving way.

As someone whose had one, the idea of Trump having the effects of the pre-cleanse, would probably one of the classics in terms of laughing. Not that I'd want to see it, but the audio track would probably be gold.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is officially the first bumper sticker I've ever wanted.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Got booster not a gay antifa yet but it's only been an hour

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Scheduled a booster for tonight, really hope it helps with my cell service.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

maffew buildings posted:

:sickos:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

maffew buildings posted:

I did wonder why my booster goodie bag included a brick and a bottle of poppers nestled in among the coupons.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I know they can, I'm just saying he's a big wimp who wouldn't. I still think he would get it done though, because he is even more afraid of dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CainFortea posted:

I know they can, I'm just saying he's a big wimp who wouldn't. I still think he would get it done though, because he is even more afraid of dying.

Eh, I always figured that was cancelled out by his titanic ego and narcissism. He's so brain broke he believes his own lies and he lies all the time about being a perfect physical specimen with the best genes of anybody on the planet with no medical problems and perfect scores, the best scores, all the doctors say so.