Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VitalSigns posted:

What.

Could you elaborate why you think quoting those two posts is some kind of own?

My point wasn’t that it was wrong for you to say “so what” or that it contradicts with anything else you said. I was just using your own words to say, “so what.” What are you arguing?

What about LT’s responses have, in your opinion, required you to respond to them? Fine, you think it reflects very poorly on Biden that he didn’t immediately clean house with the Postal Board. Other people might feel differently. But you don’t have to keep going after the person who went out of his way to explain the reasoning as if he was the one responsible, or as if he has to be put “on record” as endorsing that reasoning. So, again, what are you arguing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Willa Rogers posted:

Is the government subsidizing the difference in pricing or actually regulating what the manufacturer is allowed to charge?

They aren't regulating what the manufacturer can charge to the distributor. Just what the end result out of pocket cost to the user is.

It will mostly result in the insurers squeezing the manufacturers for discounts and the pharmacies squeezing the insurers for higher contributions.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Good to know that the government won't be subsidizing the cost as they do now for every other drug covered by Part D Medicare.

The only one that surprised me here was Kelly, bc his approval ratings are fairly high, and bc he's taking in more FIRE money than Sinema.

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1461739615887536137

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Youth Decay posted:

Why does Josh Hawley not support ARE TROOPS?

Because the Republicans are going back to being non interventionists in the way of saying "why go to x country and not protect are borders"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Rittenhouse verdict forthcoming. Live link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQAIFl8PdVo

Count 1 not guilty
Count 2 not guilty
Count 3 not guilty
Count 4 not guilty
Count 5 not guilty

skylined! fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Nov 19, 2021

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Oh poo poo, here we go.

He's getting off. gently caress.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Not guilty on all counts, as expected. Kenosha’s gonna burn tonight.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

tecnocrat posted:

Oh poo poo, here we go.

He's getting off. gently caress.

It was obvious.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
The Rittenhouse verdict is about to be read.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Not guilty on all charges. Burn this country down.

Kalit posted:

WI needs to fire all prosecutors involved with this case. Holy poo poo, they did such a terrible job with it…
It's Republican-run Wisconsin, they did exactly as asked

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I guess murder is legal if you're a white kid who can pretend to cry hard enough.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
WI needs to fire all prosecutors involved with this case. Holy poo poo, they did such a terrible job with it…

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Framboise posted:

I guess murder is legal if you're a white kid who can pretend to cry hard enough.

Murder is legal if you're a judge who makes it legal more like

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Open season on any kind of protestors.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mellow Seas posted:

My point wasn’t that it was wrong for you to say “so what” or that it contradicts with anything else you said. I was just using your own words to say, “so what.” What are you arguing?

What about LT’s responses have, in your opinion, required you to respond to them? Fine, you think it reflects very poorly on Biden that he didn’t immediately clean house with the Postal Board. Other people might feel differently. But you don’t have to keep going after the person who went out of his way to explain the reasoning as if he was the one responsible, or as if he has to be put “on record” as endorsing that reasoning. So, again, what are you arguing?

Idk why you're getting into some kind of meta argument about arguing but maybe you should read my op again.

I made this remark

VitalSigns posted:

I still haven't heard an adequate explanation why DeJoy deliberately trying to destroy the post office and sell it off to competitors isn't cause in the first place.

If I were a factory manager who could only be fired for cause and I went "ok we're going to make the production line run as inefficiently as possible and give sweetheart contracts to the other companies whose boards I'm on, because my friends and I will profit big when this place falls apart ka-ching!" that would seem like cause idk

LT2012 jumped in and said that DeJoy hadn't flagrantly broken any laws and got hall passes for the laws he wanted to not have to follow and therefore could not be charged with any crimes. Which is pretty much a non sequitur, I didn't say "I haven't heard an argument for why he isn't in jail" now did I

As for why I responded to him, because he addressed me first obviously as though his words had something to do with what I said. If you want to know why you had to read that exchange ask him not me :shrug:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Quelle surprise. Give it a few months and he'll be selling merch.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Did the judge and jury applaud as the verdict was read?

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Tayter Swift posted:

Did the judge and jury applaud as the verdict was read?

Probably played his Trump ringtone a few more times just to highlight how unfair the trial was.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

drat it's almost like laws are fake

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
He'll be a keynote speaker at the 2024 GOP Convention.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The Judge rightfully deserves a lot of scorn for this, but we also have to remember that the jury almost always unanimously comes to this conclusion in cases like this, even in cases without a Judge as egregious as this case. In each of those instances, it would only take one juror to decide not to go along with it, but they never do.

Some people are happy, though.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1461760181482708998

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MAIN JUSTICE needs to indict him immediately and try him at a federal level.

So loving disgraceful.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Burn Kenosha to the ground

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

Hell yeah kill all those people living in Kenosha.

Wait what?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
This is a country that found George Zimmerman not guilty. This country is hosed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I was hopeful for a bit there with the long deliberation, but I guess it was a holdout who ultimately decided not to hang the jury. Rip.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VitalSigns posted:

Idk why you're getting into some kind of meta argument about arguing but maybe you should read my op again.

I made this remark

LT2012 jumped in and said that DeJoy hadn't flagrantly broken any laws and got hall passes for the laws he wanted to not have to follow and therefore could not be charged with any crimes. Which is pretty much a non sequitur, I didn't say "I haven't heard an argument for why he isn't in jail" now did I

As for why I responded to him, because he addressed me first obviously as though his words had something to do with what I said. If you want to know why you had to read that exchange ask him not me :shrug:

All right, no worries, my eyes were just starting to roll a lot and I overreacted. I think the point was that there is a process for determining whether somebody has cause to be fired, and it was undertaken, and it found that DeJoy had covered his bases. Could Biden say "gently caress it" and fire him anyway? Sure - but he decided to do it through attrition and he's allowing that process to continue apace, by not reappointing the board members who supported DeJoy.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
There's going to be a lot more chuds murdering with impunity after this

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Everybody knew this was coming. Everyone knew what the verdict would be. Its just another growing condemnation of how our Justice system treats white murderers.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

I think that's probably likely.

Every death is on the hands of that judge and jury.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
There is still hope for America.
A good verdict.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I was hopeful for a bit there with the long deliberation, but I guess it was a holdout who ultimately decided not to hang the jury. Rip.

Maybe you'll learn something about the world you live in

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1461760071428460553?s=20

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Hell yeah kill all those people living in Kenosha.

Wait what?

Property isn't people hth

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Am I the only one who feels that right wingers just hate kids unless they’re their kind of racists or rapists or murderers?

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Only 10%-15% people polled thought he'd be found guilty, how are there so many of you here?

Caros
May 14, 2008

ex post facho posted:

Property isn't people hth

If you burn down a city, presumably you're going to loving kill people. Fire is indeed hot.

Like you can be pissed about this case without thinking that the appropriate response is to go start fires.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

If you burn down a city, presumably you're going to loving kill people. Fire is indeed hot.

Like you can be pissed about this case without thinking that the appropriate response is to go start fires.

Yeah and the opposite is also true. Thanks for your valued input at this critical time!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If you’re pissed now, wait until trump comments about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Caros posted:

What is, in your opinion, the appropriate response