Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

FunkyAl posted:

Finished BOTW! Zelda was Ganon the whole time! Unless I read that wrong.

I think so! I didn't get the special ending for finding all the memories though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

cum jabbar posted:

The characters and portraits never looked good to me, but you forget about it as you play because it's well made

I think I'll get it then. Like the cheap visuals makes it feel like the game must be cheap too, you know? But several posters have vouched for it, and I wouldn't mind a tactics game. I can't quite wait for Triangle Strategy atm.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I think so! I didn't get the special ending for finding all the memories though?

There's different endings? and I really missed something if that was the conclusion to be made.

edit: forgot a key question mark

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 20, 2021

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

b_d posted:

in the same pit as the atari ET cartridges, god willing
Really? That bad? I rather like it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FunkyAl posted:

Lol what

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

FunkyAl posted:

You read that wrong

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

FunkyAl posted:

I think you did.

However I would play the poo poo out of a game where, say, a courageous Zelda has to beat a power-mad Link with the help of wise old Ganondorf.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Muscle Tracer posted:

I think you did.

However I would play the poo poo out of a game where, say, a courageous Zelda has to beat a power-mad Link with the help of wise old Ganondorf.

I named myself Ganon in my latest LttP run and it's cracking me up.

Picked up Fell Mark. I'll try it out later this weekend I hope. Surprised to see it had DLC so many games get DLC these days. Something with catching monsters, definitely not going to bother with that.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Really? That bad? I rather like it.

im just playin. i never used a genesis controller growing up and the d-pad looks like it would be bad but I'm sure it's good.

for me to poop on,

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FunkyAl posted:

I'm not sure if you could've read it any more wrong.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Link was dead the whole time and that guy in the wig? That was Bruce Willis.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Triforce was a Biforce all along!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm not sure if you could've read it any more wrong.

Ganon was a cloud of red smoke possessing killer robots. Zelda is the one pursuing the excavation and repair of said robots. She doesn't feel any connection to the triforce of wisdom or courage, And this lack of connection drives her study. You don't actually kill any of the onerous robot bosses, you just get them to switch sides. The final boss is ike a lab experiment gone wrong.

Ganon never manifests as a person, he is just a "calamity." Caused by what?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FunkyAl posted:

Ganon was a cloud of red smoke possessing killer robots. Zelda is the one pursuing the excavation and repair of said robots. She doesn't feel any connection to the triforce of wisdom or courage, And this lack of connection drives her study. You don't actually kill any of the onerous robot bosses, you just get them to switch sides. The final boss is ike a lab experiment gone wrong.

ganon ended up the way he did because his constant reincarnations caused identity death and he eventually manifested as a mindless force of chaotic energy. the robots were corrupted after originally being made to stop him. zelda didn't feel any connection to the triforce of wisdom because her dickhead dad forced her to spend all her time in her room reading scripture instead of letting her pursue her curiosity in the natural world

there is not a lot of story in botw, how do people get it this wrong

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

FunkyAl posted:

The failing education system at work. Where are our media literacy teachers when you need them?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FunkyAl posted:

but that's just a theory...

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
We need to bully them now, the world doesn't need another matpat

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

One weird thing I noticed in Pokémon: most of the battle arenas have reflective floors, but occasionally there will randomly be an ugly matte patch. I'm pretty sure this only happens when a character is wearing a skirt that might make said polished floor inconvenient for a family game.

Not a big deal, but it detracts from the nice looking arenas.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Hyrule caused the calamity. The calamity ganon appeared due to an emperical focus on power and a real lack of wisdom. It's not interesting if the big angry cloud of gas doesn't represent anything wrong with Hyrule.

And hey, how's this: At the beginning of the game a ghost tells you to save Hyrule. You see a lot of ruins, but the people mostly seem ok. Did Link actually see a ghost? Did Hamlet?

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

FunkyAl posted:

It's not interesting if the big angry cloud of gas doesn't represent anything wrong with Hyrule.

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda, a video game series for children.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FunkyAl posted:

Hyrule caused the calamity. The calamity ganon appeared due to an emperical focus on power and a real lack of wisdom. It's not interesting if the big angry cloud of gas doesn't represent anything wrong with Hyrule.

And hey, how's this: At the beginning of the game a ghost tells you to save Hyrule. You see a lot of ruins, but the people mostly seem ok. Did Link actually see a ghost? Did Hamlet?

:dafuq:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

FunkyAl posted:

Ganon is capitalism

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

FunkyAl posted:

Yes, Link did. The ghost gave him a paraglider.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

This.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There are four Ganons on the edge of a cliff...

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
The Kingdom recovers and restores an army of superfast, hyperintelligent killing machines. This goes wrong somehow, and the resulting theme of the story is not "it was the red fog that did it."

It might be Link, even, that has the theme of power. He doesn't need the tunic and has to rip the master sword out of the ground. For the other guys, it was easy. You knuckle your way through the whole game instead of relying on cunning and tools.

Chronojam posted:

Ganon is capitalism

Yes basically. Specifically the surveillance state and related military complex.

Arrhythmia posted:

This, I can't refute.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Calamity Qanon

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

cum jabbar posted:

Calamity Qanon

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Thats a pretty tinfoil minish cap theory you got there

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

FunkyAl posted:

you see poo poo like monsters hunting down a traveling couple, did you play the game with your eyes closed?

that's not OK, really rather the opposite if I have to brain some dorkmons with a big stick to prevent an innocent couple from being absolutely bodied

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I dunno that seems like a somewhat normal occurrence in Zelda games... Although I guess we're usually showing up after things have gone to poo poo.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Libluini posted:

you see poo poo like monsters hunting down a traveling couple, did you play the game with your eyes closed?

that's not OK, really rather the opposite if I have to brain some dorkmons with a big stick to prevent an innocent couple from being absolutely bodied

The monsters are weirdly civilized in this one. They live in treehouses and tell campfire stories to one another. And not a single one of them is more dangerous than Hyrule's army of octopus robots.

Why is "Evil Hyrule Castle" such a popular recurring final dungeon?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

cum jabbar posted:

Calamity Qanon

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fell seal: arbiter’s mark is good. It’s nowhere near as ugly when in motion. It has a really robust job system for people who like that. It may end up giving me choice paralysis but that’s ok. I recommend it for its sub-10 Euro price. I can say more when at a keyboard if you like because I loathe using touchscreens.

FunkyAl posted:

The monsters are weirdly civilized in this one. They live in treehouses and tell campfire stories to one another. And not a single one of them is more dangerous than Hyrule's army of octopus robots.

I appreciate what you’ saying but games just aren’t that well written.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

FunkyAl posted:

evil misunderstood "evil rulez", apparently, so they're always drawn to the castle

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think a lot of writing in these games is ignored because it takes the form of "walking through a building"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Fell seal: arbiter’s mark is good. It’s nowhere near as ugly when in motion. It has a really robust job system for people who like that. It may end up giving me choice paralysis but that’s ok. I recommend it for its sub-10 Euro price. I can say more when at a keyboard if you like because I loathe using touchscreens.

the games are better written than those grasping attempts at baby's first subtext

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

cum jabbar posted:

Calamity Qanon

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think he was actually in a coma this whole time and it’s one big dream.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

cum jabbar posted:

Calamity Qanon

this is the qanonical pronunciation of "Qanon"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Looper posted:

baby's first subtext

Well, sure. It's barely subtext. The enemies are evil robots. Who fixed the robots?