Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

carry on then posted:

There is though. Incels prove it. Obviously aside from those who were abused, or those who are dealing with gender or sexuality issues, or those who are physically disabled, among others, there is something very very deeply wrong with a man who isn't attractive enough to have had at least one partner by 20. Because that's always what it comes down to: you just aren't a good person. When the person who you have most in common with is Elliot-loving-Rodger, you don't really deserve love.
____________________/

AITA for supporting my ex husband to sue my current husband for using my son's emergency fund money for his golfing trip?

quote:

My F35 son (13) passed away from cancer 3 months ago. It was so devastating to me and his dad (my ex husband). And grief has been tense in those months. We were left with an emergency fund my ex husband and I saved for our son and recently I discovered that my current husband M34 used it to go on a golfing trip in another country that he just returned from. I found out via checking fianancial records and I blew up at him and asked why he used my son's money to go on a trip while I was grieving.

He said he needed support too and to lift some weight off his chest after I kept pushing him to side and ignoring him but I was and still am grieving and needed space. He wasn't the one who lost a child. despite him being the stepparent my husband made it clear he never felt any connection to my son basically blaming his medical condition for not having a chance to bond. We had a huge argument and my ex husband heard and was so mad. He confronted my husband calling him an unhinged opportunist and said he was going to sue him for taking the money after accessing it through me. I told my ex husband to go ahead and sue and my husband was shocked that I agreed and condoned this mistreatment from my ex husband towards him. He asked me to tell my ex to step down but I said no. He lashed out saying he too was and is grieving and that my ex and I are ganging up on him with complete disregard for his overwhelming grief and sorrow. We haven't spoken since that argument and things keep getting worse with him texting about how I should stand with him as my husband instead of encouraging my ex to take his anger out on him like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sugar free jazz posted:

lol what do u think an outlier is

I know that there can be only one.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I (27F) lost my virginity to my now bf (29M) 5 months ago haven’t told him I’d never had sex before that

quote:

Edit:
I wanted to stick in my edit here (don’t know if anyone will see it but hi). So I told him yesterday before we went to bed. First he was of course very surprised. He asked why and I explained. He asked if I had the change before, which I’ve had. Ha took it super well and was very happy I told him and said he understood why I Hadnt told him at first. He said it was the “mildest of white lies”. He was so kind and sweet and just asked a few questions and also what I wanted to try next lol. I asked him if he would done anything differently if he knew, and he said he wouldn’t have made “a move” for sex or came on to me when we started hanging out to make me not feel pressured at all (which I absolutely didn’t) but just being extra careful with that.
I think I love him haha.
Tl dr ; I lost my virginity to my bf 5 months ago and haven’t told him the truth. I don’t want it to change things between us but I don’t want to lie

Hi

In late March I met a guy through Tinder. We really clicked and on the third date we slept with each other. It was great and I really enjoyed myself … and that was me losing my virginity. I didn’t tell him and thought I could tell him later if we kept on seeing each other.

Another time post sex he asked me how old I was when I lost my virginity- I think I said 20? I don’t even remember. I hate lying about stuff, but I wasn’t really ready to tell him. He lost his at age 14 or 15 and have had multiple girlfriends and long relationships in his life. I’ve had none - which I’ve told him. I thought he might find it weird, he said he absolutely didn’t and admitted not long ago the only thing he was thinking was that he was afraid that I’d “grow tired of him” since obviously I hadn’t had any relationships before and that might be the cause of that.

In end of July I asked him if he wanted to be my bf officially and he was so happy, I was so happy - honestly everything is going so great and I love having him in my life. I had started giving up on that there was someone out there for me - but then he came into my life and it’s been so wonderful.

So for the reason I haven’t had sex before… I simply don’t think I’ve been ready to share that with another person before. A part of it is me being happy about my body (I have lost around 50lbs in last 2 years and is now normal weight BMI. I know that’s maybe superficial but it is what it is. I’ve also always been very introverted when it comes to those types of relationships. I have an easy time making and keeping friends id say, but romantic ones are a completely different story.

Now for my question, what I need advice on… should I tell him he was the first person I’ve had sex with? Does it matter? Like I don’t mind not telling him in some Ways - but I hate lying about when I lost my virginity, pretending to know things I don’t, making up stuff about “who’s the oldest I’ve slept with” etc. I don’t want to lie and make up stuff but I don’t want him to react badly to the truth or that I’d lie to him about that.
We have a great sex life, we do discuss that a lot and have sex frequently.
Please ask if anything’s unclear! And thank you.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Dazerbeams posted:

I (27F) lost my virginity to my now bf (29M) 5 months ago haven’t told him I’d never had sex before that

Sorry buddy shes damaged goods

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Like, there's nothing wrong with being an older virgin, carry on then is a god drat psycho. But it's still unusual and because people question things that are unusual, welp. Some are going to be god drat psychos, but most are just going to have a "But....why?" reaction.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

titty_baby_ posted:

I'll have to clarify, this is sarcasm based on the opinion of another poster in this thread.

This is actually wholesome and it sounds like he'll accept it and be fine

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

titty_baby_ posted:

No, she isn't. I have been very clear on viewing this issue through the lens of a patriarchical society. My statements apply to cishet men.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

carry on then posted:

No, she isn't. I have been very clear on viewing this issue through the lens of a patriarchical society. My statements apply to cishet men.

you’ve been banned a lot lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

titty_baby_ posted:

I am not saying you are damaged, I am just saying something is probably wrong if you are a virgin in your 20s.

And something was wrong in this case, (she lost 50 pounds).

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

carry on then posted:

To be fair I didnt pay much attention to your posts

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

"Virginity" is a patriarchal and outdated term. The modern term is sexual debut. "Virginity" is something you lose or take, sexual debut is something you are an active participant in.

It's also not limited to or associated with PIV sex like "virginity".

Get with the times, goons.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210921-should-we-re-brand-virginity

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Dazerbeams posted:

Dude needs to run before she becomes a violent, uncontrollable rapist/stalker. Disappointing but thems the rules.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dazerbeams posted:

She should thank her boyfriend for saving her from becoming a mass shooter.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I am not saying you are damaged, I am just saying something is probably wrong if you are a virgin in your 20s.

And something was wrong in this case, (she lost 50 pounds).

Oh man, Teen Witch is gonna LOVE you saying being heavyset is wrong.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Should I (19m) keep my stuffed animals on my bed when I have girls over?

quote:

I’ve been at college for a couple months, and in my dorm I keep two stuffed animals. One’s a big bear, (the size of a small child) and ones’s a little penguin (small enough to hold in one hand). While I love my stuffed animals and they help me a lot with my stress and anxiety, they do present a bit of a conundrum whenever I have girls over: should I hide them? On the once hand, I don’t want girls to think I’m weird, and a straight college aged guy having stuffed animals might seem pretty strange. On the other hand though, I think authenticity is important, and having stuffed animals is a part of who I am as a person. What do y’all think?

How to tell my boyfriend to stop buying me stuffed animals

quote:

We’re together for almos 4 months and basically he(M27) once asked me if I(F20) like plushies and well, I fon’t despise them so I said yes. I do have some stuffed animals in my room but only a couple ones which have a special meaning to me. So he gifted me the first one, a ≈30 cm kitty. I was content since I found it cute. Then after like a month he gave me another small one and said “I’ll help you start a collection of these” to which i replied jokingly that he will drown me if he continues since I don’t have much space in my room for them. I tried to give him the hint that it was enough in the most lightweight way possible and after that i thought he understood. I THOUGHT. About 2 months passed and the other day he messaged me something like “I got you a BIG gift at the flea market today. It’s something you like you’ll love it for sure” (we’re both passionate about flea markets) And I was like :0 wow maybe he found a functioning polaroid or something like that since i like photography,, or maybe idk something that had to do with my hobbies (art, movies, books etc..) I went to his home the day later and when giving me the gift he made me enter his room with my eyes closed,, all of that- and I was so so excited. Then I opened them. And there it was. An enormous stuffed Toothless from Dragon Trainer looking directly at me. Basically he saw my brother’s dragon trainer dvd in my living room when he came to my home once, and not knowing whose dvd was he assumed I’m a HUGE fan of dragon trainer. Which I’m not. Plus honestly plushies in general are the last thing I would get at a flea market for sanitary reasons. I don’t think he will be upset if I tell him I don’t want stuffed animals anymore but I don’t want to make him sad so I’m looking for the nicest way possible to tell him-and make him comprehend once and for all-That I don’t want stuffed animals anymore. Also if someone knows how to tactfully get rid of the huge dragon trainer thing I would very much appreciate your advice lol

My (20F) boyfriend (19M) wants a giant stuffed goat in our apartment.

quote:

So, for context, we live in a 650sqft 1 bedroom apartment.

He brought home a giant stuffed goat yesterday and wants it in the apartment. He says that it should stay because I have a lot of plants. But, he has told me repeatedly he likes my plants, and enjoys having greenery in the apartment.

He has already brought home 2 giant giraffe statues that he will not get rid of even if I begged him. I just feel like it’s unfair because there’s nothing (that he’s told me about) of mine that he hates. But I have to deal with giant animal statues and stuff?

Basically, I’m asking: is this a dumb hill to die on? I told him I thought the goat made the place look like a child’s room. Then he got upset and said he’s doesn’t want me to view him as a child I’m taking care of. I apologized, told him that’s not what I meant, and I was specifically referring to the giant stuffed goat in our living room as childish…

We’ve been together for a year and have never really had any major arguments. Just small things that we get through pretty easily.

TLDR: boyfriend wants a giant stuffed goat because I have a lot of plants, even though he likes the plants.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

They aren’t saying it’s wrong they are saying it was the barrier to them willing to be sexual with someone. Which is pretty common tbh

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Woodchip posted:

Giant Mareep and 7-meter lamia dakimakura inc.

MarcusSA posted:

They aren’t saying it’s wrong they are saying it was the barrier to them willing to be sexual with someone. Which is pretty common tbh

I was purposefully taking the least generous interpretation of their post. 'cause of all the other poo poo they've said.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

A nuanced take would be something like

elise the great posted:

Virginity in an adult, like an Ayn Rand book on the shelf, is a big red flag. It’s not a dealbreaker. Context is critical: do they have the book because they’re a student of economic ethics who studies the ills of capitalist society and the fallacies that draw people into libertarian individualism? Are they a virgin at 25 because they escaped a terrible family and spent years focusing on therapy and building their own life?

Or are they a neurotic, entitled, codependent beartrap that will close on your labia and/or wallet?
not

quote:

something is wrong

Also the original post was

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not wanting to date a virgin?

where the OP stated they wanted to gently caress but preferred having an experienced sexual partner and it was unclear if the guy even wanted to take physical intimacy to that level. Consent is real important and kinda complicated but it also isn't really what the post was about, y'all.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

There is though. Incels prove it. Obviously aside from those who were abused, or those who are dealing with gender or sexuality issues, or those who are physically disabled, among others, there is something very very deeply wrong with a man who isn't attractive enough to have had at least one partner by 20. Because that's always what it comes down to: you just aren't a good person. When the person who you have most in common with is Elliot-loving-Rodger, you don't really deserve love.

please do not spread literal incel propaganda. tia

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

extremely um *flips through twitter catchphrase glossary* colonialist of you to not understand that male virgins are virgins because they're rapists. Nice gaslighting, narcissist

The Virgin Rapist/The Chad Sexhaver

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the holy poopacy posted:

please do not spread literal incel propaganda. tia

I hate incels, if you can't tell. Not really sure what incel propaganda dunks on Rodger.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

carry on then posted:

I hate incels, if you can't tell. Not really sure what incel propaganda dunks on Rodger.

You aren’t dunking on Rodger, you’re enforcing patriarchal stereotyping onto men.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Incel propaganda is basically fuelled by them dunking on themselves and wallowing in misery. Gotta build that self loathing anger before you can deploy it.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Batterypowered7 posted:

teen witch can weather the blow I’m sure

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I participated in the virginity bet from American Pie and it has made me the well-adjusted and successful person you see today

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dazerbeams posted:

On one hand, I'm annoyed goons still haven't learned not to touch the poop. On the other hand, it's hilarious how sensitive goons are about sex-having.

I mean you know it’s bad when they bust out the charts

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Woodchip posted:

Should I (19m) keep my stuffed animals on my bed when I have girls over?

How to tell my boyfriend to stop buying me stuffed animals

"Stuffed" could be a good search term for completely different stories as well.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I also get touchy about it because there is in fact, literally something physically wrong with me and my sex parts and it sucks to have some goon burst in to say there’s something unlovable about people who are virgins at older ages because I worry enough about never finding someone.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Carry on then has absolutely bizarre takes on things and is probably best ignored tbh

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

AITA for supporting my ex husband to sue my current husband for using my son's emergency fund money for his golfing trip?

This woman really knows how to pick 'em.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
It’s not a moral judgment, it’s just that there is an age when most people start adding romantic relationships to their lives and it can be harder to catch up if you are late to get that experience. If you make it to your mid 20s you are starting to miss the boat, and you make it to 35 you are probably statistically unlikely to change that situation ever.

Anything can happen for an individual, people grow and learn and try new things at different paces, but on average there is a pretty clear timeline. People can wait longer for whatever reason they choose, but on average there is probably some obstacle if they do, and most people who have no obstacles just don’t wait that long.

I was originally responding to the poster who was implying it was more normal to be a 21 year old virgin than to have sex in your teens. In reality having sex for the first time as a teenager is pretty normal and if you are in your 20s you are solidly in the last decile.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

I also get touchy about it because there is in fact, literally something physically wrong with me and my sex parts and it sucks to have some goon burst in to say there’s something unlovable about people who are virgins at older ages because I worry enough about never finding someone.

That’s really just one whacko saying that poo poo though

Like yeah it’s gonna raise some eyebrows and be something that needs to be worked through a little more carefully, but if you’re with the right person it’ll probably work out fine

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Adults who gently caress teenagers are weird, but teenagers wanting to gently caress each other is extremely normal, and not being able to seal the deal with at least one other teenager before you turn 20 is a red flag.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Boom, 90% laid before 22.

So I repeat, if you haven’t had sex at 21, you are an outlier. If you are 25-30 there’s something wrong, and people will wonder what.

This annoys me greatly. I mean, besides the whole moving goalposts thing (5% @ 20 is a red flag (when it's actually a 3:1 split, oh whooooops) to 22 is the red flag, when its still 9:1) , there's the whole comical thing of trying to label 1/10th of a population's curve as outliers. 10% Does not make you an outlier for *anything* pop-metrics related. Blood types B+ and O- are each 10% locally, home owners-by-age, marriage rates, multifamilial homes, cultural norms, the list goes on forever. I've pinged a family member who's a professional in the field for her opinion on it, I'm willing to wager that its much less than 1:20.

Meantime, who the gently caress is shaming people in this day and age for being 'leftovers'? Clearly, there must be something wrong with them! That was sarcasm, by the way.

edit: Goddamn this thread moves fast, I really need to scroll forward a lot before responding to things. Good to see multiple people dunking on him.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 20, 2021

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Woodchip posted:

From the comments, (A) this is not a plush. This is an actual dead goat, taxidermied. And (B)...

quote:

He brought it home because he thinks it’s funny to have those kinda things in the house. He gets a kick out of how annoyed I get. Him, his mom, his brother, and his sister all make fun of me for not liking the 6ft tall giraffe statue. I did get a little upset when the goat came home because I knew it was the same situation. He reacted poorly to me calling it “childish” because he is insecure about me having to “take care of him”. That’s kinda a separate issue and I tell him all the time that I don’t feel like I’m taking care of him. But yeah that’s an insecurity of his, but it’s also not what I was referring to. I was talking about all the giant animals in the house lol

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

This is the absolute worst thread to be arguing about whether 20+ year old virgins are losers, damaged goods, automatic red flags, immature, more likely to be a bad partner, dangerous, actually totally normal and fine, etc. Obviously this thread is possibly the worst sample, but still.

Clearly it needs to become standard practice for the titles to have not just the age and gender of the relevant characters, but also when they lost their virginity. And the age and gender of who they lost it to, just to be sure. Then we'll really be able to get to the bottom of this.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

It’s not a moral judgment, it’s just that there is an age when most people start adding romantic relationships to their lives and it can be harder to catch up if you are late to get that experience. If you make it to your mid 20s you are starting to miss the boat, and you make it to 35 you are probably statistically unlikely to change that situation ever.

Anything can happen for an individual, people grow and learn and try new things at different paces, but on average there is a pretty clear timeline. People can wait longer for whatever reason they choose, but on average there is probably some obstacle if they do, and most people who have no obstacles just don’t wait that long.

I was originally responding to the poster who was implying it was more normal to be a 21 year old virgin than to have sex in your teens. In reality having sex for the first time as a teenager is pretty normal and if you are in your 20s you are solidly in the last decile.

For future reference, saying there's "something wrong" with someone for not loving as a teenager doesn't convey literally any of this. It conveys a moral judgement from which this feels like aggressive backpedaling.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

This thread is goddamned unreadable for the last however many pages.

Content, new flavor:

AITA For quitting on the spot even though we were understaff and it made my manager cry?

quote:

I worked at a retail store in the mall. The store is divided into men’s, women’s and children’s clothes. I always worked women’s and on the weekdays I was always the only employee in that entire section.

Yesterday myself and two other employees clocked into ours shifts. My manager Lisa pulled my aside and told me “Your dads called the store five times asking for your schedule please tell him to stop”. I got extremely confused because that didn’t sound like something my dad would do. I even texted him and he said he never called the store once. I had a bad feeling and asked Lisa if she gave “my dad” my schedule and she did she did. I then told her that wasn’t my dad and she had no right telling a strange man my schedule. She got annoyed and told me that it wasn’t a big deal and I was being dramatic.

I then quit on the spot which only left her and two other employee to watch the entire store. She kept apologizing and even burst into tears because they were understaffed.

AITA?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mormon Nailer posted:

She kept apologizing and even burst into tears because they were understaffed.

Yeah, OP is definitely the dramatic one.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mormon Nailer posted:

This thread is goddamned unreadable for the last however many pages.

Content, new flavor:

AITA For quitting on the spot even though we were understaff and it made my manager cry?

Did the strange stalker man who kept calling the store first have sex before or after age 20? This is important to determine whether he is dangerous or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I think what gets my goat is that wasn’t the couple in the original post having like… 2 hour “cuddle sessions”? It just sounds like the guy doesn’t know how to make a move (because he’s inexperienced) and she’s not initiating either (ETA: lol just checked and yeah, it’s a 20F and 22M in the story). Maybe if instead of posting on reddit and the two sat down and had an open and honest conversation about sex and expectations everything would be fine.

Honestly people are really loving bad about consent and discussing expectations about sex & physical contact. Pressuring and judging people to gently caress before they’re old enough to understand their own autonomy and personal boundaries sucks, and we should really be encouraging people to communicate better.

Crocobile fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 20, 2021