Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

vyelkin posted:

It's David Moyes's time to shine imo

He already is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

gafferchat:

I would be up for Zidane, definitely, and not just because I can post the loving song everywhere. He's definitely a gamble in some respects, but so is anyone other than the same eight Italians and Dutchmen who rotate through every job in Europe.

And yeah, I'd genuinely like to see Graham Potter get a shot at a big job, although he probably needs something in between. I'd personally be happy with him, but I doubt anyone who thinks it's cool and good to text their opinions to Manish on the BBC web feed would agree with us signing someone who's never won a trophy if you rule out trophies where you get a builders hat as a prize.

Rodgers should be a no-go, I've said before that I think he's a good manager for getting a group of decentish players to go out and run abaht a bit in a way that nobody really notices when you lose 3-0 at home to Chelsea as long as you're consistently getting results elsewhere (see: Moyes, David), but he came unstuck at Liverpool and I doubt it would be a better fit the second time around.

I would also take Big Steve Bruce until the end of the season because it will upset Newcastle fans, and that's 90% of what I'm looking for from a football weekend at this point

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

FullLeatherJacket posted:

gafferchat:

I would also take Big Steve Bruce until the end of the season because it will upset Newcastle fans, and that's 90% of what I'm looking for from a football weekend at this point

How funny would it be if Newcastle were relegated and Bruce went on to win something with Man U

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
a literal child coming on for thiago

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

a literal child coming on for thiago

:thunk:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol whoops, wrong thread, I will leave it there as a badge of honour

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Andoman posted:

How funny would it be if Newcastle were relegated and Bruce went on to win something with Man U

i have not discussed or agreed this with jeffrey or sex ghost, but we would definitely all get funny gang tags of brucie sprinting onto the pitch and if you don't you can legally sue them both

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I think we’ve had it all wrong and that the board will discuss Ole’s new contract - not how to sack him. Which would be a good call because he needs more time.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If Steve Bruce ever wins a major trophy as manager of man united everyone gets a funny gangtag and then I'm deleting trp

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Would Zidane even want the job?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Rumour has it he's not interested in any job except the French national team

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
CR7 player manager

bigger Ron has arrived

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

It's an amazing article for having so many insane takes in such a small space

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i feel bad for ole, he seems like a genuinely good guy but that's definitely the kind of loss that gets you canned

zidane is a bizarre suggestion

edit - even more bizarre the possibility that manu could've possibly been considering stevie G for the job had the timing been a bit different

bewbies fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 20, 2021

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TheRat posted:

Rumour has it he's not interested in any job except the French national team

He would be perfect for this.

Show up smoking a cigarette. Garcons, c’est lithuania.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
United should concede that Watford were better than them in every way and respond by hiring Claudio Ranieri.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

gently caress it, Keano in. Or Cantona or some other mad poo poo. Might as well.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

bewbies posted:

i feel bad for ole, he seems like a genuinely good guy but that's definitely the kind of loss that gets you canned

zidane is a bizarre suggestion

edit - even more bizarre the possibility that manu could've possibly been considering stevie G for the job had the timing been a bit different

there is no possibility that manchester united would ever consider being managed by steven gerrard, nor any possibility that he would agree on his end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bruce hughes dream team imo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I would be entirely onboard for Roy Keane as long it's all being filmed for Netflix

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I would be entirely onboard for Roy Keane as long it's all being filmed for Netflix

Agreed

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

TheRat posted:

I feel like Zidane would be a disaster in the PL, and I dont see the board hiring a failed Liverpool manager so both of those would be out I hope. Give Graham Potter a punt, imo.

Its seems nuts to say this about someone who's won 3 CLs, but yeah, I'm not fully convinced by Zidane, either. Don't think Potter would be a big enough name for a lot of United fans.

Also, lol...

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1462157075291811853

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
giggs or scholesy or gnev please

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/jonawils/status/1462125000132022272

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mickolution posted:

Its seems nuts to say this about someone who's won 3 CLs, but yeah, I'm not fully convinced by Zidane, either. Don't think Potter would be a big enough name for a lot of United fans.

Also, lol...

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1462157075291811853

His severance package must be loving huge.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

vyelkin posted:

United should concede that Watford were better than them in every way and respond by hiring Claudio Ranieri.

Or just raid the Watford squad next transfer window- Cathcart, Cleverley, King, and Foster all looked excellent.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

looking forward to another 3+ years of Ole at the wheel tbh

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

His severance package must be loving huge.

There will be a no CL termination clause in it and otherwise would cost a fortune to terminate his recently signed ink-still-wet contract.

I don't believe any conversation is being had about sacking him and won't until I see the club release a statement that he's gone.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/1462184789230956548

e: if i understand this guy's reputation correctly, this means ole stays???

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Doctor Teeth posted:

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/1462184789230956548

e: if i understand this guy's reputation correctly, this means ole stays???

I hope ole takes them for all they’re worth.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1462193290074333186

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Lmao imagine watching yourself be fired in the press before the news is actually broken to you

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
He'll soon be at the wheel of his solid gold yacht. That lads about to get capital p Paid

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

"Once Joel Glazer approves"

Joel: "No"

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Give him a shot against Chelsea first!

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Ole needs more time. He's got a great opportunity to display his tactical nous in the upcoming games against Villareal and Chelses so it would be foolish and premature to dismiss him now.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gutted the banter bus has finally come to a halt, excited for its return as they get Brendan behind the wheel

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

"Once Joel Glazer approves"

Joel: "No"

Green and gold until Ole is told

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ole Goner Solskjaer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
RIP OGS

He gave it a try