Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pouring one out for all the people who had to play against Jonathan Taylor this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Pouring one out for all the people who had to play against Jonathan Taylor this week.

Hi.

:negative:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Only against JT in 1/5 leagues so I’ll count that as lucky

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

My opponent started Lamar Jackson!

They also started Jonathan Taylor :(

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

My opponent will win despite him because Lamar is a dumbass

M'Corkle is my backup

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The two pieces of advice I’ve ever listened to from this thread in regards to my dynasty league were to trade Kelce for a first a few years ago, and to trade Jonathan Taylor for Kittle this past offseason.

I probably would have won 4 straight titles if I did not do these things.

:agesilaus:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Fantasy Wimp-lo over here

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Giodo! posted:

My opponent started Lamar Jackson!

They also started Jonathan Taylor :(

This also happened in my league (fortunately not against me)

My opponent had Cousins, Jefferson and Davante Adams

oh and Greg the Leg

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 21, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:suicide:

dkj posted:

Only against JT in 1/5 leagues so I’ll count that as lucky
Same. Guy also has Devante Adams and Aaron Rodgers. At least I have Adams in a different league, which is the league where I galaxy brained myself into benching Hock for Arnold.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:sadwave:

Also, Buffalo's D and K got me a combined minus-5 today

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

The Zack posted:

:sadwave:

Also, Buffalo's D and K got me a combined minus-5 today

I was using Buffalo's K to hedge against bad weeks from Allen. That strategy worked right up until today, where it failed spectacularly.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I'm on track to lose to the worst team in the league by scoring less than his whopping 69 points in a 0.5 PPR league.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

van fem posted:

I was using Buffalo's K to hedge against bad weeks from Allen. That strategy worked right up until today, where it failed spectacularly.

The QB/K handcuff! Over a decade ago, I ran the numbers, and there is a very slight negative correlation between the two. You were doing it right.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

pmchem posted:

The QB/K handcuff! Over a decade ago, I ran the numbers, and there is a very slight negative correlation between the two. You were doing it right.

Ok I'm up a bit (10 points or so) going against Brady tomorrow. Do I want Tampa's kicker or New York's?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tampa’s, but Kickers are pretty loving random so you might be better off flipping a coin so you’re not as mad at yourself when you lose.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Can’t go wrong with a kicker in a Jason Garrett run offense.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a reason all the unrostered players for tomorrow’s game are on waivers instead of free agency in my MFL league? My opponent has Gronk and I’m trying to pick up Brate to block him in case Gronk doesn’t play, but Brate (and all Giants and Bucs players who are unrostered) are on waivers.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Appreciated, but you can take that 40 and chug it

One win away from the playoffs in my BML

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Herbert throwing that game winning TD to Mike Williams somehow put me ahead of the person playing Taylor this week, by a whole .14 points. Then the kneeldowns to end the game happened.

My bad luck this year has been loving absurd, this is the fifth time I have put up a top 3 score in the league and lost. I'm second in points for and dead last in the standings and have the most points against by nearly 200.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Fentry posted:

Herbert throwing that game winning TD to Mike Williams somehow put me ahead of the person playing Taylor this week, by a whole .14 points. Then the kneeldowns to end the game happened.

My bad luck this year has been loving absurd, this is the fifth time I have put up a top 3 score in the league and lost. I'm second in points for and dead last in the standings and have the most points against by nearly 200.

jesus flipping poo poo, sorry! That sucks

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

8-3 now, but Lamb getting hurt and Hill being on bye next week isn’t the best

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

van fem posted:

pmchem posted:

Huh, I never heard of that strategy.

I just kind of wound up with the same team's D and K and they were both doing great. Lost by 8 points, so if they had both scored a mere 2 points, I would have won.

Fentry posted:

At least your opponent has good taste :miedo:

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Whelp I think that's the season for me. Though going up against Taylor made it so I don't have to second guest any decisions I made, it was literally impossible to win this week for me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

axelord posted:

Whelp I think that's the season for me. Though going up against Taylor made it so I don't have to second guest any decisions I made, it was literally impossible to win this week for me.

Not if you'd drafted and managed every week of the season differently!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m probably going to lose while also being the 2nd highest score of the week.

Fantasy football gives. Fantasy football takes.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I was expecting to lose this week with 3 of my best players on BYE but I'm still disappointed because I lost against the last place team who left Patterson in his lineup.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Love this dumb 1ppc league. Might have beat the commish even if I only had Herbert and Ekeler.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
please show me all your matchups where somebody has both Ekeler and Taylor. thank you in advance

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Poque posted:

please show me all your matchups where somebody has both Ekeler and Taylor. thank you in advance

None of those unfortunately but we do have a matchup where the guy who has Taylor just had a newborn on Saturday and didn’t take Lamar out of his lineup.

He is in a very real position to win against the guy who tried to get us all to snatch up waiver QB’s once he found out Lamar was out, depending on how well Godwin and Brady do tonight.

I could go either way because I want the catharsis of seeing the guy win without a QB against someone who tried to thwart him, but I also want him to lose and not reach the playoffs because he has made some absolutely one-sides trades with people and now has Taylor, CMC, and Zeke (and Henry on IR) so he’s basically unstoppable if he makes the playoffs.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

don't mind me just getting more than doubled up on in points. His RB's scored more than my entire team

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Whoreson Welles posted:

None of those unfortunately but we do have a matchup where the guy who has Taylor just had a newborn on Saturday and didn’t take Lamar out of his lineup.

He is in a very real position to win against the guy who tried to get us all to snatch up waiver QB’s once he found out Lamar was out, depending on how well Godwin and Brady do tonight.

I could go either way because I want the catharsis of seeing the guy win without a QB against someone who tried to thwart him, but I also want him to lose and not reach the playoffs because he has made some absolutely one-sides trades with people and now has Taylor, CMC, and Zeke (and Henry on IR) so he’s basically unstoppable if he makes the playoffs.

I mean, asking other teams to pick up waiver QB’s so his opponent can’t get them is straight up collusion (AKA Cheating) so gently caress that guy and he should get an L automatically.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RCarr posted:

I mean, asking other teams to pick up waiver QB’s so his opponent can’t get them is straight up collusion (AKA Cheating) so gently caress that guy and he should get an L automatically.

The fantasy gods usually take care of this for you.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

My kicker got 11 pts and def got 4

I also had Elijah Moore on my bench lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MacheteZombie posted:

I also had Elijah Moore on my bench lol
I definitely cut bait on Elijah too early in my redraft keeper league.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I definitely cut bait on Elijah too early in my redraft keeper league.

I picked him up in the Goontier league just hoping he would be worth keeping. Still the Jets though.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thanks to Big Ben airing it out (!) in the 4th I managed to squeak by the worst team in the league by 6 points. That guy ended up trading for Scary Terry today, so I thanked him for not doing that a few days ago.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m up by 40 points with his Brady, Evans, and Gronk to play tonight (0.5ppr).

The projection has me winning by 0.46 but I could really use a game time decision to make Gronk inactive :tinfoil:

I’m also a Giants fan so it would be really nice if Brady had a bad game.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

I’m up by 40 points with his Brady, Evans, and Gronk to play tonight (0.5ppr).

The projection has me winning by 0.46 but I could really use a game time decision to make Gronk inactive :tinfoil:

I’m also a Giants fan so it would be really nice if Brady had a bad game.

Don't worry I need a huge game from Evans in a league so he'll get like 1 target

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Tanking in my dynasty league and if Godwin doesn't get 17 points (ppr) I'll be 6-5.

I swear this cursed team just refuses to be anything but middle-of-the-pack.

Edit: Meanwhile my other Sleeper team is about to go 6-5 despite being 2nd in PF. Fantasy Football everyone!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Carter out, on top of Aaron Jones out. I might have to make a trade.