Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Z the IVth posted:

Gut tumours can cause it by providing a sticking point for your guts to get into a twist.

Surprised he's making a video of it and not just coming back in the middle of the night with an excavator.

Why do you think he's got a hardhat on and the weather's changed on the second half of the video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Z the IVth posted:

Gut tumours can cause it by providing a sticking point for your guts to get into a twist.

Surprised he's making a video of it and not just coming back in the middle of the night with an excavator.

Probably too busy selling the rights to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Fever

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/YmuvSBt.mp4

enable sound to turn canadian

Anyone have a transcript of this?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

sigher posted:

Anyone have a transcript of this?

Did a quick one myself here:

"So I was trucking up the hill here, I gotta show you this, check this out. Look at the size of this jade boulder! It's all jade! This is a giant boulder of jade in the side of the mountain. How cool is that?

Honestly, I cannot get over the size of this boulder. In case you don't believe it's jade, that's jade. That's cool.

Look at that. All that jade near it. Man.

This is the most honkin' skookum rock I've ever seen made out of j-- I wonder how much that's worth? I bet that's a few bucks right there, for sure it's gotta be worth a few bucks.

Aw, you even got a piece of jade there, buddy? Yeah, we found some jade.

We've been driving up and down this road for months, it wasn't 'til the rainstorm washed that right out of the back [bank? this is the one part I'm not sure of]. Man you never know what you can find out here.

Oh my god-- "

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mercury Hat posted:

We've been driving up and down this road for months, it wasn't 'til the rainstorm washed that right out of the back [bank? this is the one part I'm not sure of]. Man you never know what you can find out here.

As someone who speaks fluent Canadian, he's saying bank.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I only took two semesters of Canadian. But it taught me how to say I’m sorry.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I only took two semesters of Canadian. But it taught me how to say I’m sorry.

tell us about it tomorrow

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Empty Sandwich posted:

tell us aboot it tomorrow

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Empty Sandwich posted:

tell us about it tomorrow

Eh?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/qybkxj/my_hand_fingers_got_crushed_in_a_metal_break_at/ someone's in trouble. Hope that kid's hand fingers are ok

quote:

I'm a teenager (17) working part time at a warehouse (United States)where I fold long pieces of sheet metal in an electric break. On the brake, they have fabricated a metal piece that we can put our phones on to watch Netflix or whatever (doesn't seem safe) I was distracted and clamped my fingers in the machine for nearly a second before I clicked the emergency pedal and pulled my hand out. I immediately went to the owner who had me put my hand in ice water and took me to emergency care. X-rays were taken and I have a hairline fracture on 1 finger and the rest are purple and basically immobile. He wanted to go through my parents insurance and said he would reimburse any costs we have

Legally speaking, not that I am, what action could be taken just because I am curious? Am I at fault?

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
Jesus loving christ

A sheet metal brake is not a piece of equipment to be trifled with, I've almost had one grab me. Picture a heavy steel plate clapping down at lightning speed as soon as you push the foot pedal. The notion that the boss literally made a loving mount for a distraction apparatus on heavy equipment operated by minors is absolutely loving criminal. Poor kid may have just lost out on the option of a future working in the trades...

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

This is some of the most horrifying labor I've ever seen. I can't even imagine how sore their hands must be at the end of the day after making the exact same movement thousands of times.

I bet when they go home someone in their household has to hand-feed them bite by bite because their hands are so hosed they can't hold a spoon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Uncle Enzo posted:

This is some of the most horrifying labor I've ever seen. I can't even imagine how sore their hands must be at the end of the day after making the exact same movement thousands of times.

I bet when they go home someone in their household has to hand-feed them bite by bite because their hands are so hosed they can't hold a spoon.

My dude, this is pretty chill on the scale of how rough agricultural labor can be.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

HolHorsejob posted:

Jesus loving christ

A sheet metal brake is not a piece of equipment to be trifled with, I've almost had one grab me. Picture a heavy steel plate clapping down at lightning speed as soon as you push the foot pedal. The notion that the boss literally made a loving mount for a distraction apparatus on heavy equipment operated by minors is absolutely loving criminal. Poor kid may have just lost out on the option of a future working in the trades...

on the other hand, he may have just won a million dollars in the labor law violation lottery

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

pass the dutchie pon the left hand side

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Those are pineapples, not dutchies.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Also, how thick are their gloves? Pineapple spikes being driven into your palms several hundred times can't be great.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
their gloves look like those thick kitchen gloves.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

quoting from the shad thread:

Never forget those steel toed boots.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://i.imgur.com/ni48vmJ.mp4

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
just to be clear, under American law work injuries aren't paid for by personal insurance. his boss / his boss's worker's compensation insurance are on the hook for the whole bill. dude is trying to save money on the front end by just paying copays and on the back end by not having his comp insurance fees increased, assuming he loving has any.

my point is that we live in hell.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

This looks like a Japanese variety show. I know the people performing in that poo poo live a hard life but dang if i'm ever going to stop laughing at them.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Good thing he waited for that car. Wouldn't want to get hit while crossing the street.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r2xr8wy6Wx1w5pr9j.mp4

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

edit

https://i.imgur.com/epqPu8k.mp4

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

'sup dawg!

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Vlaphor posted:

Good thing he waited for that car. Wouldn't want to get hit while crossing the street.

That cyclist savaged that dude.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Works dunnit?

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

https://twitter.com/nullreff/status/1462198337117982720?s=20

The furries have their own OwOSHA inspector and checklist, i've discovered. Of particular importance on the checklist is item no. 11 "Deodorant has been sufficiently applied".

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I now know what parents mean when they say they're not angry, just disappointed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Marcade posted:

I now know what parents mean when they say they're not angry, just disappointed.

it means they're super loving angry

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Marcade posted:

That's okay, we're disappointed with them too.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Vlaphor posted:

Cyclist is a massive dick for riding off

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Cyclist is a massive dick for riding off

I'm just surprised he didn't even wobble with that kind of shoulder check.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I'm just surprised he didn't even wobble with that kind of shoulder check.

Have this feeling that he does this a lot

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Cyclist is a massive dick

But you repeat yourself

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
As a pedestrian, I have been hit by eight cyclists. I have never been hit by a car.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
As a current college student who has to cross a four lane road from my parking spot to class, I'm more at risk of being hit by people on bikes, scooters, or those one wheel things than I am from being run over by cars.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Cars are def my friend and would never hurt me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Maybe you should look both ways before crossing the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I got kicked in the back by a cyclist when I was in Germany, but to be fair I was [unknowingly] in the bicycle lane.

Bikes are cool and good and you guys are dweebs but we got e-bikes in my city recently and people are not responsible with them