Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

No one could have predicted this.

And the kid does it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hell yeah, bears and mountain lions too. I'd love to see either in the wild in the southeast

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
despite being re-opened partially last week, the crowsnest (highway 3 in b.c.) is closed again due to more washouts

you were right rime

you were right

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lostconfused posted:

lol at suggesting that some random nobody should be locked up for littering while we still have oil company executives.

I'd love to see some parodies of oil company executives, especially in Minecraft, maybe with comrade helicopter?

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Egg Moron posted:

If you can, get your teeth fixed before the collapse comes.

I got like 3 crowns and a root canal this year after having no insurance through my 20s and smoking cigarettes like crazy

It's expensive as poo poo but tooth pain takes you out of the motherfucking game.

3 crowns and a root canal are $5000. I have yet to find an insurer to cover more than 50% of a crown. I'm getting a tooth pulled on Monday because I'm poor. The game is loving rigged my dude

Cromulent_Chill has issued a correction as of 00:54 on Nov 23, 2021

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

wynott dunn posted:

https://fvcurrent.com/article/fraser-valley-unacceptable-dikes/

absolutely no way this could have been predicted or prepared for

did they not try voting in BC?

if only the NDP or the Green Party had been in power :canada:

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Unacceptable Dykes is a wicked punk band name

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Thanks for the tooth talk. I was running out of things to worry about.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
digging around my garden and seeing the plastic film from a piece of cardboard still under my woodchip path. The cardboard disintegrated within 6 months, the plastic 100's. Just a minor reminder of our doom.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
please, that's a river with plastic, not a river of plastic 🤡

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Vibing I'll be seeing this a lot over the next 5-10 years. :tipshat:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
not if you die in some mudslide soon!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
It's gonna keep happening this week too, my brother in northern Washington is expecting an inch of rain on Thursday alone

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

yeah forecast calls for not one but two atmospheric river events to hit BC starting Thursday and going into the weekend

lol/lmao

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
what happened to not having enough water?

checkmate

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

you just filter it out and burn it, its not a big deal

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
yay its finally snowing here... is climate change over?? :smug:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rectal Death Adept posted:

what happened to not having enough water?

checkmate
ik its joke post but we're going to be in for a drought for the forseeable future

the sad thing is that a 1 week long flash-megaflood event is still a drought. all that poo poo just runs off ontop of dessicated hardened surfaces and causes landslides and fucks off into the ocean and dumping a shitton of industrial and transportation pollutants into rivers at best. there just isn't enough long-term seepage to actually fulfill trees and (important) flora so they're still internally dying out because the precipitation isnt reaching the roots and saturating aquifiers with sustained recharge.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah it rules.

Wonder if someone will start talking about NAWAPA again after a few more years of this.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
are the white parts just normal then

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

im deep in the D4 red on that map, on a multi-house well system and because of ~zoning~ some wealthy fucks down the watershed have been allowed to put in loving vineyards. none of this poo poo is monitored and everyone in the community is just :shrug: because 99% of them will be dust by the time the tab for this comes due

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

500 good dogs posted:

The white parts of America have never been normal

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Xaris posted:

ik its joke post but we're going to be in for a drought for the forseeable future

the sad thing is that a 1 week long flash-megaflood event is still a drought. all that poo poo just runs off ontop of dessicated hardened surfaces and causes landslides and fucks off into the ocean and dumping a shitton of industrial and transportation pollutants into rivers at best. there just isn't enough long-term seepage to actually fulfill trees and (important) flora so they're still internally dying out because the precipitation isnt reaching the roots and saturating aquifiers with sustained recharge.

western Washington looking flush

also west coast in general is very sensitive to El Niño, and our understanding of El Niño and La Niña are still pretty shallow (no pun intended), and include literal butterfly effect poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Tabletops posted:

western Washington looking flush

also west coast in general is very sensitive to El Niño, and our understanding of El Niño and La Niña are still pretty shallow (no pun intended), and include literal butterfly effect poo poo
olympia WA is like the rainiest place on the west coast and has been for as long as we've had records. it's generally why seattle-area is considered, shall we say, 'less climate death prone' although the real heavy lifter there is 'less'. and much like the meme is used in economics: past performance doesnt indicate future performance.

but yeah there's increasing sensitivities. what we've seen so far is a collapse of the "rainy season" condensing into atmospheric river events (that may or may not happen, like we got basically zilch in 2020, and a very locality-limited weak one here in CA thus far). so we'd start seeing rain from october through april or may, now going dry from basically april to december with maybe an ark river event, or maybe not. which isn't good. there is no indication that the wider-spanning rainy seasons will be coming back.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

You know, I just realized the situation we're in now is comparable to that in the carboniferous era: large amounts of a new substance (wood fibre / plastic) that no organism has evolved a way to metabolize yet. So after we're gone, the civilization of sentient crabs that will arise in a few million years will have rich beds of coal waiting for them, concentrated in what used to be our landfills. The ride never ends!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Philonius posted:

You know, I just realized the situation we're in now is comparable to that in the carboniferous era: large amounts of a new substance (wood fibre / plastic) that no organism has evolved a way to metabolize yet. So after we're gone, the civilization of sentient crabs that will arise in a few million years will have rich beds of coal waiting for them, concentrated in what used to be our landfills. The ride never ends!

tbf there was tens of millions of years of growth that went into that. we've basically started wrecking the planet in 100 years and probably don't have too much longer left to wreck it (geologically-speaking) -- like a candle that's been covered by a jar. the culmination of all our planet-destroying garbage and waste will ultimately barely create a blip in terms of future fossil fuels

although one can only help that one day there'll be a future sentient daniel squid lewis that pokes a straw into the ground and hoover up my petrified goony dick shale oil to power their squid mobile to accelerate for 1/100th of a second before immediately wasting it to stop at a stop sign.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Xaris posted:

olympia WA is like the rainiest place on the west coast and has been for as long as we've had records. it's generally why seattle-area is considered, shall we say, 'less climate death prone' although the real heavy lifter there is 'less'. and much like the meme is used in economics: past performance doesnt indicate future performance.

I love Olympia

Philonius posted:

maybe future organisms will be able to build exoskeletons out of micro plastics since the ocean will be so acidic from carbonic acid calcium carbonate won’t be available for crustaceans and mollusks to properly form chitin composites

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Hubbert posted:

you were right rime

you were right

These are quickly becoming the scariest 7 words possible.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah it rules.

Wonder if someone will start talking about NAWAPA again after a few more years of this.
i know about this because i read cadillac desert, as all of you should

it's gonna happen

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

in early 2025 herr carlson will round up all the soyboys and put them to work building massive aqueducts from the columbia river basin into nevada, where the water will splash unceremoniously onto the desert. there the bundy family will gather and perform bible readings, while the libtards in portland will huddle in the chaz and draw pictures of their precious 'salmon,' existing only in their feeble minds

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Another day of waking up and praying for nuclear war as a peaceful and pleasant alternative to reality

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Car Hater posted:

Another day of waking up and praying for nuclear war as a peaceful and pleasant alternative to reality

Nuclear war was ever only a dream that world powers dangled on a string for us like keys to a baby.

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is drought ever going to hit western Washington?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

petit choux posted:

True. If I could get a cheap one that used regular floss that would be cool. Any such thing out there? These work really great and do a better job than floss alone for the back teeth.

dear god please stop using those disposable floss things, if not for the environment at least for your own pocket book
https://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Reusable-Flosser-Flossmate-Clearing/dp/B09C1Q4DKV/

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I use superfloss because one of my "teeth" is a hunk of titanium embedded in my skull with a porcelain veneer, to my knowledge there's no dental pick shortcuts to take when it comes to dental implants

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

petit choux posted:

True. If I could get a cheap one that used regular floss that would be cool. Any such thing out there? These work really great and do a better job than floss alone for the back teeth.

https://www.amazon.ca/GUM-Flossmate-Handle-3/dp/B00N25B4IW/

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
replace all my teeth with bespoke titanium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

500 good dogs posted:

Atlanta is wayyyy overdue for a bad drought, Lake Lanier has been abnormally full for the last 5 years lol