Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

fire alarms went off in my head seeing that this dude got embarrassingly sloshed which results in an apology date in which his girlfriend ostensibly wants him to get embarrassingly sloshed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

AITA for sniffing a seat?

cumpantry posted:

NEVER EVER NEVER LET ANYONE TAKE AWAY YOUR SPARKEL

PancakeTransmission posted:

DRS SAID I WAS SICK AND COULD DIE FROM A BROKEN HEART

quote:

I am well within my rights to sniff a seat

These are all excellent thread title candidates

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I was very close to forgiving wedding dude until...

quote:

My bother sent me a heartbreaking email afterwards on how he felt so rejected that we weren’t at his wedding nor apologised afterwards

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Now I'm just imagining a Buddhist temple with rows of nuns quietly meditating, large tastefully carved dildos sticking up from between their legs.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Couple pages back but loving lmao at the "Don't tread on *SNIFFFFFFFFFFFF* me!" dude

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for warning my dad's girlfriend about his relationship patterns which led to her dumping him?

quote:

I'm 16F and my 45yo dad has this habit of dating college age women and dumping them after like 2 or 3 years then complaining about how needy and clingy they were. It's been going on my entire life and it really annoys me, like I feel like if he doesn't want someone clingy, a woman in her early 20s willing to date a guy who could be her dad maybe isn't the best option. It's seriously like he's allergic to any woman over 23.

I've made half jokey comments before about how I think it's creepy he only dates women 24 and under but apparently I need to mind my own business, even though I live with him full time so the women he brings over kinda are my business especially if he wants to complain to me about them when he dumps them for being clingy.

Anyway so about a week ago he introduced his new gf to me, and she's 21 but could easily pass for my age. Like she wouldn't be out of place in my high school. Idk it really bothered me in particular that day so when my dad wasn't around I told her that if she's looking for a long term thing, she won't get it from my dad because he'll definitely dump her before she turns 24 like every single other woman he's ever dated and then he'll call her a pathetic clingy mess behind her back.

I didn't think she believed me, because at the time she laughed it off and said it was different with her, but I guess she thought about it and she ended up dumping him yesterday and must have told my dad what I said, cos now he's angry at me for interfering in his relationship. He also says he's hurt that I think of him that way, even though literally all I did was tell the truth, and I think if he doesn't wanna be thought of that way he should stop being like that.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Now I'm just imagining a Buddhist temple with rows of nuns quietly meditating, large tastefully carved dildos sticking up from between their legs.

There's actually a village in Myanmar that probably not that far off from what you're suggesting

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for warning my dad's girlfriend about his relationship patterns which led to her dumping him?

quote:

I'm 16F and my 45yo dad has this habit of dating college age women

quote:

It's been going on my entire life

):

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I can’t breathe :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

r/relationships: I am well within my rights to sniff a seat

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Every time we (25m,26f) go out to eat she orders something “exotic” and hates it then expects to switch meals with me. She sees this as “quirky,” I’m about to leave her it’s so frustrating. What are some solutions?

quote:

Edit: we are engaged and live together, we also share credit cards and bank accounts

Maybe I’m making too a big out of this, maybe it is a big problem and why I’m posting here.

This has been going on since we’ve dated In college. I’ll use last night as an example. I’m always “safe order guy” meaning I get chicken tenders, steak, a burger, orange chicken etc… it’s not that I dislike other food, it’s that if I’m doing something crazy I want to buy It, prepare it, coke and serve it…be in control of the whole process.

She always orders the special, the catch of the day, the tasters menu, etc… and she invariably says “I don’t really like this, I should have just ordered what you got…let’s switch.” And she grabs my plate, sometimes I’m able to eat her food, sometimes it really is bad and then I go hungry. I’ve brought this up with her and she has up front told me she thinks it makes her “quirky and fun” and I’ve known this since dating her.

Last night we went to a sports bar after our league beach volley ball game and we’re starving. I just wanted food so I ordered chicken tenders and fries. This dingey SPORTS BAR was having a “snow crab special” which of course she wanted. I begged her to please just order something they couldn’t mess up and she accused me of being so “boring.” Food came, she crab legs looked, smelled and tasted like they were rotting wax and of course she didn’t want it and wanted my tenders. I finally stood up for myself and said no, she could send them back and order her own food.

Cue massive fight. She accused me of wasting food, of not cooperating with her and not “reading the room” whatever the meant . I told her that no I was not doing it this time. She started crying And demanded to go home. I said no I was so hungry I was eating my food. I think she got an Uber to a friends house and i have not seen her since.

I’m fed up. Is this breakup worthy and what should I do about this?

An insightful redditor posted:

Is she pulling this crap to post pictures on Instagram?

quote:

Here come the downvotes but yes. Her post that’s still up from last night is “crab legs at a sports bar in Arizona! Who dis…”

Update: my (25m) fiancé (26f) always orders exotic food she hates then forces me to switch meals with her. She had a melt down when I wouldn’t eat her crab legs from a sports bar on Saturday.

quote:

Edit: I called her parents, they haven’t heard from her either and me calling them now has them worried because they thought she was with me. I’m going to drive her important things over to their house and wash my hands of her. Whatever happens to her is of her own making at this point.

I don’t remember the exact timeline of how things went down on Sunday as far me posting but original was locked when she texted me at 6pm telling me that I owed her a huge apology for the way I behaved at the sports bar and the volley hall game (I still don’t know what that is about). I asked her where she was. She said she would tell me when I apologized. I said I was not going to apologize. She said she needed some time to thing whether this relationship was right for her. I told her that I just exhausted by so much of what she does that I couldn’t do it anymore.

She hung up and I haven’t heard from her since. She hasn’t even been by to pick up a change of clothes so I don’t know where she is. I cancelled all my credit cards we shared and opened a new back account and took half out of our shared but she hasn’t taken any money out or used her debit card so I guess I’m a little concerned since for all effect purposes she’s disappeared.

I’m not too worried now but If I haven’t heard anything by Friday I’ll call her parents. I kind of think she’s doing this disappearing act for attention.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I always wondered what happened to that dude who was caught sniffing seats on camera during a Games Done Quick stream

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

Cmon lady, don't throw the daughter under the bus she did you a solid. It's not like you need an excuse to dump your dadfriend.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

DemoneeHo posted:

Every time we (25m,26f) go out to eat she orders something “exotic” and hates it then expects to switch meals with me. She sees this as “quirky,” I’m about to leave her it’s so frustrating. What are some solutions?

Update: my (25m) fiancé (26f) always orders exotic food she hates then forces me to switch meals with her. She had a melt down when I wouldn’t eat her crab legs from a sports bar on Saturday.

I kind of think she’s doing this disappearing act for attention.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

I hate this woman.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

My brother and his wife had a "destination wedding" but only because her family is from South America and they all would have had to get visas to come to the US, and we didn't have to get them to go to her mother's home country. Our family is really small but dad, stepmom, stepmom's brother and his wife, brother and his wife's friends, all made it.

Bonus that the side of the family we didn't want to attend, refused to go.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

AITA for not letting my dad take my money box

quote:

Just to clarify, I just turned 19 and living with my parents. I am still financially dependant on my parents and I'm currently a full-time college student.

Recently, my dad has been obsessed with gold. He just learned that gold could be stored and could be exchanged with lots of money in the long run. So, he decided to collect the whole family's money to invest into gold.

My younger brothers reluctantly gave their money box despite their protests. My dad had pressured us to give our money box because gold is a good investment. I told him that if he's adamant on having gold, then use his own money. He said he did and now it's our part because it could benefit everyone in the family.

I knew this would happen eventually so I had hid my money box prior to the incident. My dad got mad at me and ever since then, he has been giving me snide remarks and made hurtful jokes at me.

Anyways, my mom told me that my dad used half of his savings including my mom's to invest in gold. We are now financially struggling due to this. My mom tried to persuade me into giving my money box but I declined.

Now, my parents are against me because of the money box and that they have the right to have it because I am under their care.

AITA for refusing to give my money box to my dad for our family's gold investment?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

thunderspanks posted:

quote:

He just learned that gold could be stored and could be exchanged with lots of money in the long run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTMb2UkW4xY

before your dad learns about the dinar and how it's going to skyrocket in value soon

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Evil Willow posted:

AITA For Calling My BIL Out For His Weaponized Incompetence And Calling Him Pathetic At Dinner?

Forward his lovely text messages to his mom

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The laughing stalk of the family

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

thunderspanks posted:

I can’t tell if the dad is (1) buying real gold and storing it in his basement as a mini Fort Knox, (2) buying “gold” futures on the markets, or (3) it’s total bullshit to cover up his gambling/drug/etc habit.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

MagusofStars posted:

I can’t tell if the dad is (1) buying real gold and storing it in his basement as a mini Fort Knox, (2) buying “gold” futures on the markets, or (3) it’s total bullshit to cover up his gambling/drug/etc habit.

Dad is real life this

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

thunderspanks posted:

He just learned that gold could be stored and could be exchanged with lots of money in the long run.

...Homer?

What culture is it where everyone has a moneybox?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for kicking out my pregnant little sister and her bf, after I heard over heard them refer to me as, “loser who still plays with toys”

quote:

The toys are actually action figures, and I just like them. I’m not hurting anyone.

I’m 27, My little sister is 20, their kid is 3 and I’m not sure how old her boyfriend is, but they were staying with me since they have nowhere else to go, after his parents kicked them out (ours died many years ago) upon finding out she was pregnant.

I let them come down here and move into my 1 bedroom apartment here in Sam Francisco. It’s actually big I think, not huge obviously but not super small like you’d expect, i gave them the 1 bedroom and slept the main room.

I have thousands of dollars worth of action figures in my room and some comic books too. I overheard my sister on the phone in the kitchen talking about how I was a, “man-child who still played with toys”and a, “loser who doesn’t even cook but just eats microwaveable stuff”.

I told them I didn’t want them there anymore, she was crying and he was yelling. My sister said she was sorry but I felt humiliated. I kicked them out, even though they’ve got a bay on the way, and no money

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for kicking out my pregnant little sister and her bf, after I heard over heard them refer to me as, “loser who still plays with toys”

Must be tough getting an apartment in Sam Francisco, whoever he is.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Soylent Pudding posted:

Man, what a loser, holding down a job and housing us despite the fact that we can't provide for our child and bringing another into this world.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

Want to complement this guy for very, very swiftly making all the right moves once he committed to this course of action. Even if he isn't real, he is a model for correct exit behavior which is immediate, complete, and fair.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

AceClown posted:

I was very close to forgiving wedding dude until...

Nah, he's trash & the family just let him walk himself to the curb where he belongs. "Hey I know it's a global pandemic, nobody can afford to go to my wedding due to expense, our mom has terminal cancer, dad is sick of my poo poo & you're about to have a baby...but you should've really done more to make my day special". gently caress that guy.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
from r/DID

Racist alter recently fronted

quote:

It's not something to be proud of, but I need some advice. He is relatively quiet in the headspace and rarely fronts, but when he does, he goes all over social media and attacks black and Asian people. He is also very antisemitic and transphobic, even though we were born female so he's technically trans. I fronted around 7 hours ago after an entire day of him being active. When I saw all of the notifications on tiktok and twitter, I knew something bad had happened. Is there any way of preventing this from happening again? I feel so guilty about this happening.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Hello Ketene posted:

from r/DID

I am afraid I need a translation here to understand who this is about and what is going on and what is even being asked

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I am afraid I need a translation here to understand who this is about and what is going on and what is even being asked

"I'm not racist, it's the little guy who lives in my head! How do I stop him?"

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

The OP is claiming they have multiple personalities and one of them (alter as in alter-ego) makes racist tweets. Yeah, it's as dumb as it sounds.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This is imaginary friend or multiple personality, isn't it?

e:fb

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I believe the current forum guidance is to pretend all these DID havers are totally real and not to make fun of them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

This person claims to have movie multiple personality disorder, where they switch between personalities like a phone switching apps and none of them are aware of or responsible for what the other ones do

DID stands for dissociative identity disorder which is a recognized thing but does not work like that

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Thank you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im no expert but having multiple personalities all vying for the same space may be the only good use case for a HOA

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Hello Ketene posted:

from r/DID

there is a beast lurking deep within me... and it HATES minorities. and is trans

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

I believe the current forum guidance is to pretend all these DID havers are totally real and not to make fun of them

I'm personally for this because DID is formed from severe child abuse, including CSA. Even if it is fake than spreading mockeries of a legitimate mental illness is pretty lovely. I know the point of this thread is looking at trainwrecks, but I feel we could have some standards. Also, playing arm chair psychologist on figuring out who is actually a legit survivor of abuse with DID in order to mock them is incredibly stupid in this day and age. Save that poo poo for k*wi f*rms.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

cumpantry posted:

there is a beast lurking deep within me... and it HATES minorities. and is trans

Not your intention but you reminded me of the absolutely horrendous roleplaying game Beast where everyone was like "hey this is a deeply hosed up premise where you play an abuser who justifies all their actions" and then it came to light the lead dev/writer was in fact an abuser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Barudak posted:

Not your intention but you reminded me of the absolutely horrendous roleplaying game Beast where everyone was like "hey this is a deeply hosed up premise where you play an abuser who justifies all their actions" and then it came to light the lead dev/writer was in fact an abuser.
they say write what you know