Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

ninjewtsu posted:

Give me more cool girls who are genuinely competent, pilot giant robots, and aren't constantly sexualized please

I will be forever mad that Destiny either went all in on weird sexualization, fridging, or just shelving any and all competence for it's female pilots. At least Cagali and Lacus got cool moments and some competence in Seed, same with Murrue and Natarle (even though they aren't pilots).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

tsob posted:

I feel like one of the few people in the thread that actually likes Reccoa. She's a terrible person, but she's an interesting character and there's actual depth and layers to her character, even in her terribleness. I'll take a dozen Reccoas over an Emma any day of the week. Emma is nice, but that's about all she is and once she joins AEUG after defecting from the Titans the show is basically done with her beyond the possible relationship with Henken.
Emma's role is The Good Soldier. She's what most of the cast wants from Kamille early on, and therefore a good contrast with what Amuro thinks Camille can be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Okay so what are people's feelings on G-Reccoa

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

much like its namesake, more screentime was needed

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

She sucks but I want her to not suck, I want her to be heroic and good. This makes her character more tragic.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Azubah posted:

She sucks but I want her to not suck, I want her to be heroic and good. This makes her character more tragic.

She also has terrible taste in men.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If every character was heroic and good the show would be boring

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

chiasaur11 posted:

She also has terrible taste in men.

She's a fundamentally broken person, and is seeking external solutions to fix herself rather than just fixing herself. At first it's by fighting, because the sense of danger gives her some sense of being alive. When that starts to numb though, she tries to fill the void inside by getting validation from others. She wanted it from men who she thought of as her peers, basically. She's almost like Char in that regard. He had good taste in women, with Lalah and Nanai, but he was, conversely, a magnet for bad relationships like Reccoa herself, Haman and Quess. He didn't even really have relationships with them, so much as they viewed him as a potential relationship for various reasons due to their own problems, and he abused that view for his own ends. Reccoa, like Char, was also broken by a traumatic event in her childhood that basically ripped it away; though in her case it was being separated from her parents during the One Year War, and them presumably dying while she had to become a child soldier to survive. Amuro turned out well despite it due to (a) the support network on the White Base and (b) being a Newtype who could connect with Lalah. Reccoa did not. She was broken, she knew she was broken and tried to warn Fa away from becoming like her because of it, but she was still trying to find some sense of happiness despite that brokenness in the only way she thought would offer it. Ironically, Kamille, Fa etc. were trying to offer her some sense of support and validation, and she was pushing them away the whole time.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
She needed therapy and what she got was Quattro and Scirocco.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

If every character was heroic and good the show would be boring

they could just take turns beating up jerid.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't believe Yazan lived throughout the entire series, even had an adopted daughter and went back to be a bodyguard for Judau's junk shop

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Doesn't Emma live in the movie?

Tae posted:

I can't believe Yazan lived throughout the entire series, even had an adopted daughter and went back to be a bodyguard for Judau's junk shop

Oh yeah I never read that manga,

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tae posted:

Ingrid Zero is Gopp's adopted daughter. Yazan just acts as her wingman, last I saw.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nope. Her death is kept intact and in full. The movie fully cuts Rosamia except for Kamille's psychic wave which is a weird choice.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0121 - Runaway Roux

Judau keeps everyone alive and some tech idiot is mad at him for... making a mess?

Roux needs to get off Judau's case. Clearly she doesn't have siblings... Elle is spouting some bullshit about scientology.

drat, that's a rough cut to Judau inside the cockpit :( Inside all of us is a Kyle just waiting to punch through the walls of your heart.

"You must have gone soft, maybe too many people care for you!" YES, ROUX, I LIKED THOSE PEOPLE AND THEY ARE DEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAD

This seen with Torres and Bright on the bridge... gives me real C&C Tiberian Sun vibes with the Kodiak Argama flying around and putting out fires.

Judau seems more appreciative of Ino and co. I'm glad the Space Madness is not bad for Judau... so far.

Roux gets accosted shortly after leaving the Argama, quickly gets jumped by, what, 4 mobile suits?

Cutting it awfully close

Lol okay Beecha's just an rear end in a top hat. You could've pulled back at the last second and sliced the Bawoo with your saber. Oh, same result. Okay...

Glemy better die in this desert. August squadron gets a drumming, again. Not a good track record for a named squadron. Unless you count murdering civilians, and that's bad.

Hell yeah, die Glemy die! *HERE LIES GLEMY, HE NEVER SCORED!*

Don't lose yourself to the sadness, says woman losing it to the sadness...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wish g-saviour was 90s enough to not be dreadfully boring, but so far it hasn't quite hit that bar

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i take it all back

https://files.catbox.moe/1ia4c5.webm

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
is it the movie version of omega boost?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkwuw26ESn4
no? don't need it

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

chiasaur11 posted:

Ingrid Zero is Gopp's adopted daughter. Yazan just acts as her wingman, last I saw.

Yeah but Yazan basically acts like a big brother/uncle/dad for her

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

muike posted:

is it the movie version of omega boost?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkwuw26ESn4
no? don't need it

i liked both of these

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the uk and jp version also have great alt rock songs associated

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

MonsieurChoc posted:

One of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games let you get either the original ending or the movie ending in Zeta's story mode, iirc.

Getting the movie ending requires you to save Emma and Henken from Yazan pretty much as soon as he spawns in, otherwise they die like normal and you're locked into the show ending.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

dogsicle posted:

i liked both of these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzb16ug6Kyw

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can always save Emma in Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

You can always save Emma in Gundam Vs Zeta Gundam

Besides Threat of Axis are there any where you can save Blex? In hindsight he was the last one who could have turned things around for the Earth Federation.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Tae posted:

I’m pretty sure Yazan is the most self actualized person in the Universal Century. He knows what he wants and lives his best life.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Yazan also seems like a raging rear end in a top hat but the guy at least has principles. Both him and Gady were like "wait, they want us to gas colonies? Nah, we want nothing to do with that at all" and pretty much tried to undermine that entire operation when it came up in Zeta

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Arbite posted:

Besides Threat of Axis are there any where you can save Blex? In hindsight he was the last one who could have turned things around for the Earth Federation.

I doubt there would be in any non Gihrens Greed game, the arcade games are too focused on pilots to put any spotlight on politicians

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Code Fairy getting a manga

https://twitter.com/gundambattleope/status/1464038023574687768?s=20

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Arbite posted:

Did Blex's proposal actually have wide enough support to be theoretically possible to pass, or at least not seem like some fringe ideology? What did the actual politics of 'let's move the capital into space' look like?

Gripweed posted:

Code Fairy getting a manga

Ugh.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Warmachine posted:

Did Blex's proposal actually have wide enough support to be theoretically possible to pass, or at least not seem like some fringe ideology? What did the actual politics of 'let's move the capital into space' look like?

He doesn't even think it's likely to pass in the anime, and tells Char/Quattro that he's going to push it regardless because it's important to talk about even if it won't pass if I recall. It'd probably be a lot more likely in the direct aftermath of the Dakar attack though, since everyone was anxious about the Titans and sympathetic to AEUG for a short period.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Why ugh?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

~nazis~

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

~ <3 ~My Little War Criminal Couldn't Be This Cute~ <3 ~

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0122 - Blue Corps Part 1

Glemy is not dead and that sucks. Gotta love the sheer coincidence of Roux faking some dude is her husband and that same guy needing a subject for a piece of art.

Puru continues to suck. Jinnei is turning out to be a really weird perv.

Wait, hold up... so Glemys get saved by, presumably, African Freedom Fighters, gets past the guards in Galdai without them knowing who he is and then just casually finds the underground base?

Glemy falls off an escalator while doing nothing.

Great Asimov's Ghost who did Roux piss off to be accosted by two pick-up artists?

What a dope animation

Judau, why don't you just... jump on the zaku carrier since it appears to only have a forward firing beam rifle?

Glemy inherits the duty of freeing Africa from the French, although technically not the French, just white people.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0123 - Blue Corps Part 2

I get they can't trust the audience to remember the last episode but this flashback was the pivotal moment. Seems like they could've cut it out.

I don't know if I'd say Judau's and Puru's relationship is close. I guess it depends on if you're seeing it from Puru's pov or not.

Roux finds the Gundams and then just leaves... Why not take one?

Glemy must be legit crazy right now, yeah? Finds Jinnei, gives him a drink, wants to be friends, punches him square in the face... Also Puru is on the fritz.

Huh, they are actually showing Muslims pray, neat. Figured they wouldn't acknowledge that sort of thing in this universe.

So the Blue Corps is principled, this does not bode well for them.

A lot of the fights are enjoyable, and well animated.

Glemy sees three flashes on the horizon. Must absolutely be the gundams! Arrow Mellow makes a good point, he better survive.

Ii....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ok they're alive. Oh come on! Why did they have to kill Arrow?!

Woah holy poo poo Gadave gets loving merc'ed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0124 - Across the Salt Lake

Something tells me a bath in a salt lake isn't a great idea when they don't have anything to dry themselves off.

"Zabi zakus are better than you think!" He says, as his wingmate is blow to smithereens.

Oh, so Glemy just knows where a bunch of Newtypes are, has plans to run a battalion, that nobody else has discovered or would know about, manages to convince August to serve him, and now there are two god drat Purus for me to complain about!?

My want for Beecha to die still exists, and the fact that he uses the Double Zeta as a shield is dishonorable.

Beecha instantly crashes into the lake AND loses the double-beam rifle.

Its like anyone who isn't named that gets a voice line in combat dies immediately aftewards.

Okay the jump scene into the Hyaku-Shiki was cool, if impossible.

Woah what a cool death scene for August. :aaa:

They really couldn't think of a better name than Puru Two, huh?

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

That’s how much they value her.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, she's just the second in the line of Puru-class combat units. No need to get fancy here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah "Puru Two" is kind of the point. She's literally a serial number.