Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

punishedkissinger posted:

uhhhh Rittenhouse absolutely was by his own words tbough

Yeah lots of murderers say lots of things to justify their murders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So did we get an explanation for Rittenhouse's latex gloves, other than so he wouldn't leave prints if/when he wanted to ditch a murder weapon? Medic cosplay?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

It's me. I'm Mary.

Seriously though, the best Trump. Not that it's hard when the only ones in the running are you and Barron though.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
How long was Kamala president for during Biden's probing? I ask as Sweden has its first female Prime minister yesterday, for 7 hours before she resigned, and I wonder which had the shorter run.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

snorch posted:

Is this just idle conjecture on your part or are you actually basing it on something?

They impeached him twice, a first in American history, for crimes he was verifiably proven to have done, and faced no consequences whatsoever because politicians prevented him from being held accountable.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

How long was Kamala president for during Biden's probing? I ask as Sweden has its first female Prime minister yesterday, for 7 hours before she resigned, and I wonder which had the shorter run.

Like an hour and a half, I think? Really, comically short. And that will most likely be the longest amount of time the United States ever has a woman president for, acting or otherwise.

Also Biden made his dumbfuck remarks about the Rittenhouse verdict as he was coming down off the anesthesia, so make of that whatever you will.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Blastedhellscape posted:

Then with Rittenhouse a white suprimacist kid marches into a peaceful protest with a rifle keen on starting some violent poo poo, violent poo poo occurs and he murders two people, then he gets acquitted because he had a lot of money come to his defense and that's how America's criminal justice system works.

By the time vigilantes showed up the peaceful protesters burned down a car dealership, furniture store and several other buildings. But hey, don't let easily verifiable facts deter you from believing your favorite propaganda outlet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
ah yes, because property damage is morally equivalent to murder

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tarezax posted:

ah yes, because property damage is morally equivalent to murder

Uhh it's not but I think it's pretty fair to call him a vigilante because he went there to protect others' property and shoot rioters. It's not a good thing anyway precisely for the reasons we've seen.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Arbery case is so much worse. Black man lynched in broad daylight - captured on video - and the criminal "justice" system was going to let it slide until one of the morons gave the video to the media. I don't think I've ever been angrier in my life than when I watched that video knowing a DA had advised the cops not to arrest the McMichaels using the video as support for his advice. It was so clearly self-defense on Arbery's part even before it came out they had boxed him out multiple times and struck him with one of the vehicles.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Arbery case is so much worse.

Rittenhouse shot people and waltzed right past a line of cops while people loudly screamed that he was the shooter and that they needed to arrest him and were ignored. But I don't see much point in debating which was "worse". Multiple people lost their lives due to 4 peoples fuckery and 1 of them got away with it because reasons.

Cow Bell
Aug 29, 2007

Why are we in a competition to determine which tragic shooting was worse

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cow Bell posted:

*In game show host voice*

"Welcomeeeeee to Americaaaaaaaa!"

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

Cow Bell posted:

We'll have another one get press soon this is just a lull

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cow Bell posted:

My coworkers spent 2 hours arguing yesterday that it was unfair that Arbery's case was considered a lynching but Rittenhouse's wasn't

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Listen, I know the police are just gunning unarmed people down left and right and I do care about that...

...but did you see the so-called "peaceful protestors" burned down a Target? Think of all the stuff in that Target! Think of the poor insurance companies and how they'll have to pay that claim off! I don't want to, but I guess I have to support the police in this matter (whatever it was) due to all of this brutal lawlessness.

...what's that? Why did the Target get burned down? I don't remember. I'm thinking about the pain of all those rawhide dog chews and 2-liter sodas, you understand. All that stuff, all those consumer goods, just... burned. It's a senseless tragedy and I don't understand why anyone would do it. I guess these people are animals after all just like Uncle Antbed says.

Oh God, what if the Target just received a shipment of goods?!? >breaks into weeping< THE STUFF! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT THAT STUFF!?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Even if the three people he shot did personally burn down that sacred uh car dealership, and there's zero evidence of that, summary executions in retribution for a property crime is by definition not self defense.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
All of which are American dreams

Lol and weep that after years of following the news and trying to understand our country and world, my narrative and my answers are essentially a few RatM songs.

Last night the band I saw played powderfinger and people walked out. I am unable to determine if it was a lack of understanding from the left or from the right, but what a perfect song to highlight America's original sin and thoroughly poisoned culture.

Edit yes I know it's not a rage song it's the godfather of grunge baby

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

JonathonSpectre posted:

...what's that? Why did the Target get burned down? I don't remember. I'm thinking about the pain of all those rawhide dog chews and 2-liter sodas, you understand. All that stuff, all those consumer goods, just... burned. It's a senseless tragedy and I don't understand why anyone would do it. I guess these people are animals after all just like Uncle Antbed says.

Oh God, what if the Target just received a shipment of goods?!? >breaks into weeping< THE STUFF! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT THAT STUFF!?

Haha, awesome! Now do one for people’s homes and apartments also burned down in the Kenosha protests. Like “GOOD THING I GOT RENTERS INSURANCE AFTER ALL”

Cow Bell posted:

Don’t worries, mods will tell us which facts are allowed to be discussed. Facts they don’t like? Heh….

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Haha, awesome! Now do one for people’s homes and apartments also burned down in the Kenosha protests. Like “GOOD THING I GOT RENTERS INSURANCE AFTER ALL”

Good thing we have vigilantes serving out justice for the people who had their homes burned down. I'm sure they're sleeping better at night knowing that not only did their home burn down, but some random people also were gunned down because some kid wanted to play hero.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 25, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is there a list somewhere of offenses for which the sentence is summary execution by whichever random rear end in a top hat is closest or do we have to figure it out by trial and error

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Don’t worries, mods will tell us which facts are allowed to be discussed. Facts they don’t like? Heh….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sCbdRdbcAs

Please stop loving defending militia vigilantes. They didn't come there to stop the fires, or they would've helped the firefighters. They came there to find an excuse to play cop and kill people.

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

I don't think any were

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JonathonSpectre posted:

Listen, I know the police are just gunning unarmed people down left and right and I do care about that...

...but did you see the so-called "peaceful protestors" burned down a Target? Think of all the stuff in that Target! Think of the poor insurance companies and how they'll have to pay that claim off! I don't want to, but I guess I have to support the police in this matter (whatever it was) due to all of this brutal lawlessness.

Just a poor, innocent bag of chips... never opened, never enjoyed...

Caros
May 14, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

The Arbery case is so much worse. Black man lynched in broad daylight - captured on video - and the criminal "justice" system was going to let it slide until one of the morons gave the video to the media. I don't think I've ever been angrier in my life than when I watched that video knowing a DA had advised the cops not to arrest the McMichaels using the video as support for his advice. It was so clearly self-defense on Arbery's part even before it came out they had boxed him out multiple times and struck him with one of the vehicles.

Not for nothing, but that DA is actually facing criminal charges for just how blatantly corrupt her conduct was.

Last I heard the running theory was that it was just nepotism. She knew one of the murderers and tried to let them skate on out specifically because of that personal connection. She is facing obstruction of justice and violation of oath of office (which is actually pretty cool that it is a real crime for once)

I don't think you can lay that one at the feet of the justice system as even the cops wanted to arrest him on the spot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What's the minimum value of property damage that you would say should enable you to execute at will?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Please stop loving defending militia vigilantes.

Please read the post I was replying to? Real people were also harmed in the violence, not just faceless corporations, that’s not a defense of vigilantism. Take your own advice and respond to the point actually being made - every post that doesn’t 100% fit your worldview isn’t “stanning for Rittenhouse” or whatever, this is a discussion.

Wang Commander posted:

I don't think any were

You’re wrong, just wiki it.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Lol thank you for making my day a little better with this utter clown poo poo.

Rittenhouse was on video saying he wanted to murder people coming out of a CVS. This isn't about "homes and apartments". I know you want it to be, but it's not and never has been when we're talking about white supremacists murdering black people and their allies.

FLIPADELPHIA fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 25, 2021

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

You’re wrong, just wiki it.

I can't find anything confirmed but they're almost certainly illegitimate settler-colonist homes anyway so eh

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Sure!

Listen I know the police keep murdering unarmed people in the streets but someone's home is on fire! Their home full of their stuff!

The police are a murderous gang who can torture-kill in broad daylight? ... I mean, yes, but look at all of that stuff being destroyed! It's people's homes! Full of stuff! Stuff they bought!

Why are the homes on fire? I don't know, I'm too busy thinking about that stuff inside those homes! I mean, from what I remember there's no reason at all for those fires, don't those people understand? There's no difference between burning stuff and murder!

also a million loving lols at thinking any of the very concerned citizens who "...yes, but" like this give a single solitary gently caress about someone's home burning down compared to that Target. That's "their" house but that's "our" store full of "our" stuff! WHY WOULD SOMEONE BURN THAT STUFF?!?!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

What a stupid argument. You all should just be mad together that poo poo is so bad that people are burning down their own towns in rage and still nothing is being done about what people are mad about.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Wang Commander posted:

I can't find anything confirmed

It’s right there on the wiki page with multiple citations

quote:

Other buildings set on fire included a furniture store, residential apartments and several homes.

quote:

but they're almost certainly illegitimate settler-colonist homes anyway so eh

Hahah, great point.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I think "property damage only affects the moneymen" is a pretty toxic idea and ignores the fact that if you burn down a Target you probably have a hundred people now with no job.

And having said that, if burning down a Target would save one life, let it burn.

Edit: in case it's not clear I think you shouldn't burn down a Target and that it affects real people but human life is still more valuable and there's no excuse for applying lethal force in the face of property damage.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Mendrian posted:

I think "property damage only affects the moneymen" is a pretty toxic idea and ignores the fact that if you burn down a Target you probably have a hundred people now with no job.

And they can get unemployment benefits, a new job or just repair the building. Those killed by police brutality are gone forever.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Darkrenown posted:

Note that Harris merely acted as President. She was not actually president.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

And they can get unemployment benefits, a new job or just repair the building. Those killed by police brutality are gone forever.

Right, see the rest of my post.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Mendrian posted:

Right, see the rest of my post.

I see you've edited it and that's fair.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Is Civiqs a verified pollster? They have Biden underwater in approval in about 40 or so states and national approval rating at 37%.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Please read the post I was replying to? Real people were also harmed in the violence, not just faceless corporations, that’s not a defense of vigilantism. Take your own advice and respond to the point actually being made - every post that doesn’t 100% fit your worldview isn’t “stanning for Rittenhouse” or whatever, this is a discussion.

Yeah I guess I nevet really considered the victims of property violence I just assumed it was a bunch of corporations with insurance but thank you for having me consider the real victims, upper middle class business owners with insurance.

Unless I missed a bunch of residential blocks or apartments getting burned down you can probably go gently caress yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Is Civiqs a verified pollster? They have Biden underwater in approval in about 40 or so states and national approval rating at 37%.

Yes and Biden is deeply underwater. See the economy or the "perception" of it.