Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Snooze Cruise posted:

lmao, this hh

After all these years it’s hard to tell how much of aukerman’s contempt for HH is a bit. It’s so funny .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

The World Inferno posted:

Actually it's Skanksgiving

(The ep is good)

I laughed so much during this episode. I loved it.

(Don't forget to listen to the post-credit scene!)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Toast King posted:

I like the idea of Scott Hasn't Seen but man it's hard listening to Shaun Diston doing his character with his Sprague voice. Between the Space Jam and HH episode now I feel like I've more than had my fill.

Yeah this is exactly how I feel. The concept is fine but the voice just winds me up.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Listen to the TMNT series and you'll get used to it.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Yeah this is exactly how I feel. The concept is fine but the voice just winds me up.

I'm working my way backwards from the CBB World exclusives to greater CBB so I only know Shaun with a vaguely British? accent. They mentioned in the Addams Family Value episode that he sounds like Stewie so now I just imagine him as Stewie.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Besson posted:

After all these years it’s hard to tell how much of aukerman’s contempt for HH is a bit. It’s so funny .

Contempt is the wrong word. Annoyed is a better fit. Sean and Hayes are like an annoying little brother.....who also happens to be funnier than older brother.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

a little late but the part with Tim Heidecker where they're pitching generic statements that James Corden could pretape for whenever the next national tragedy happens was fantastic

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah HH just has been on a good run in general past few weeks, maybe its that bosch meeting bosch energy

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I don't usually listen anymore, but I did listen the last three weeks because of Bang, Tim, and Scott, and all three episodes were great.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The action boyz mentioned on their latest shadow wolves podcast they went on that show to talk about Rocky 4 and evidently it was a total disaster. Scott and Shaun hate/hated the movie and called it boring. They also mentioned how neither of them seemed to enjoy the Sly Stallone impression the ABZ guys were doing.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Very sad to hear that

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They took the robot out, I’m with Scott/Sprague. Not that I’ve seen it yet, but drat I love that robot.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

soggybagel posted:

The action boyz mentioned on their latest shadow wolves podcast they went on that show to talk about Rocky 4 and evidently it was a total disaster. Scott and Shaun hate/hated the movie and called it boring. They also mentioned how neither of them seemed to enjoy the Sly Stallone impression the ABZ guys were doing.

its a very hit and miss show because scott, as part of the premise, doesnt really want to watch the movies and so far theyve all been pretty bad movies anyway (except addams family values)

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

$10 off both CBB World passes thru Monday, blessed be -> https://www.comedybangbangworld.com/

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Having not listened to an episode it seems like a rough sell that one host is doing a weird character that is annoying and then there’s Scott who doesn’t want to watch most of the movies.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I like Sprague and am not annoyed by the character, and Scott is just playing a character. He seems to enjoy doing the podcast. I will say, however, it was the first time he'd ever been genuinely annoyed by Ego. He played along and seemed tickled by the fact she hadn't seen the movie but decided to go on a movie podcast, but he was definitely really annoyed. It was slightly jarring.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Having not listened to an episode it seems like a rough sell that one host is doing a weird character that is annoying and then there’s Scott who doesn’t want to watch most of the movies.

But you repeat yourself :v:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If Scott had gone to see her one-woman show Ego would have watched Ghost

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

soggybagel posted:

I don't think Scott doesn't want to see the movies, it's just that he hasn't seen them.

I don't know why people keep saying that he doesn't want to watch the movies. He genuinely seems like he's having a blast with the show, even when he doesn't end up liking the movie of the week.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Scott is a clown rear end, and I'd like to see him eat a slice of pumpkin and brie pie.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Scott is a deranged human being, they make it quite clear.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

scott would have an easy time remembering if he saw them in theaters because he seems to have some kind of weird, obsessive ability to recall location and year he saw everything lol

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Why would Scott even do the show if he wasn't interested in seeing these movies at least somewhat ? It's not like anyone other than him and Shaun are dictating what they do. At worst he thinks it'll make a funny episode which is still him wanting to watch the movie.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I thoroughly enjoy hearing Scott guess and then critique based on screenwriting conventions. It’s neat when he’s pretty close on his guesses and adds more weight to critiques than being like “this sucked”

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

The Senator Giroux posted:

I thoroughly enjoy hearing Scott guess and then critique based on screenwriting conventions. It’s neat when he’s pretty close on his guesses and adds more weight to critiques than being like “this sucked”

I really enjoyed the old HH when Sean critiqued a then-current film where a couple try to protect their secretly-alien kid from the government*, and then on a later episode insulted a fan who liked the movie who thought comedy podcasters shouldn't insult films. "It's not like my primary occupation is a writer. What would I know about pacing."

*Midnight Express?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
it's a good funny show you dorks

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I keep putting episodes off because I haven’t seen the films since they originally came out and think I’ll have more fun if I watch Sister Act and Addams Family and have them fresh in my mind when watching.

I did watch both Space Jams this summer. They sucked.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I keep putting episodes off because I haven’t seen the films since they originally came out and think I’ll have more fun if I watch Sister Act and Addams Family and have them fresh in my mind when watching.

I'm like this with Gourley and Rust except it means I'm now like 2 seasons behind (i might just skip the fish movies)

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

kdrudy posted:

Why would Scott even do the show if he wasn't interested in seeing these movies at least somewhat ? It's not like anyone other than him and Shaun are dictating what they do. At worst he thinks it'll make a funny episode which is still him wanting to watch the movie.

Movie reviews are like the news - content you can comment on that broad audiences have an understanding on and might even have opinions themselves. You could do a podcast about ancient Middle Eastern history, but that would require research and chance is good there's only a small audience here for that.

Now Sister Act 2? People have seen that, or are likely at least familiar with it. All they have to do is watch a watchable film and then sum up the plot for a little over an hour. Low investment, high(?) reward.

Also they seem like actual buds, so monetizing casual convo's with a pal ain't a bad!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://twitter.com/flagrantonespod/status/1464305830661013506

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i don't find scott funny any more since i saw his house

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
*his wife's boobs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
lmao at the clip for the new bosch show being mostly a recap on the live show

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSRB9yuXU64

this is a delight

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Please no one clap or laugh, Bosch will go straight for your throat.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"See how mad he is?"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i should watch bosch but i feel weird about watching cop shows that are not columbo. anyone here know how it handles stuff?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

i should watch bosch but i feel weird about watching cop shows that are not columbo. anyone here know how it handles stuff?

its good, its way more of a classic noir-novel style cop and bosch has his OWN RENEGADE MORALS which are often more helpful to the outcasts and such than an average cop, plus he's very sympathetic because he's an orphan and has Seen some Things, but he also does hosed up poo poo with his cop powers that the show rightfully casts into the light of "man that's pretty wrong that you did that"

marlo stanfield from the wire as his partner J Edgar is fantastic all the time though, love that guy

e: also Lance Reddick is just the best in whatever he is in all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

It's good. It deals with what you're probably hesitant on literally in the first episode of the first season.

It really picks up in Season 2, where it dives even deeper in police corruption and the issues of breaking the law to get justice done. It's still a Dad show, but I think it handles all of the inherent issues of police shows without glorifying of heroizing everyone. Bosch is pretty sympathetic, in that he was horribly abused as a child and his mom was a sex worker who was killed because police ignored her due to her job, so he's way more interested in helping people in compromised situations, but he also fully knows he's a broken person, and is pretty obsessed with his job because he's hosed up everything else.

Bosch is always right. Sometimes it's hilarious how right he is, sometimes it's awesome how right he is, but he's always right.

The cast is really good, too.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I did watch both Space Jams this summer. They sucked.

It's the only movie podcast where it hasn't felt necessary to actually watch the movies. They talk about what works and what doesn't, but it's incredibly loose. Looser than ABZ and With Gourley and Rust and maybe even Newcomers?

It's interesting hearing Scott's takes on movies, cuz he's mostly interested in how the movie crafts it's jokes, the structure, and what works and doesn't. Spraig's maybe too generous with how much he likes the movies, but it's a nice light show.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm like this with Gourley and Rust except it means I'm now like 2 seasons behind (i might just skip the fish movies)

The fish movie season is good. They've chosen a lot of really bad Christmas movies, but they've got Christmas Evil and Eyes Wide Shut coming up, so that'll be nice.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 2, 2021