Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose posted:

david blunkett continuing to prove he's a massive racist

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1463991723491794957?s=20

just look at all this poo poo

https://twitter.com/marcusjdl/status/1464006270021685257?s=20

what difference would it make if Nigel was in #10? he’s practically been the prime minister for nearly a decade now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jose posted:

david blunkett continuing to prove he's a massive racist

i feel like the word racist is doing very heavy duty there

I'd go for racist fuckface personally.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Relevant Tangent posted:

feel free to flee terf island as soon as possible, america will welcome your ridiculous accents with open arms

1) no it won't, i'm unskilled labour, 2) it's not really an improvement, i'd be a poor person in America

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Palladium posted:

"colony" is too good of a word

i prefer some domestic canine vernacular

Also extremely generous and gross considering your own history and still existing colonial residue in various places.

The relationship is a retired rear end in a top hat piggybacking on the adventures of his son's ongoing rear end in a top hat life, both resenting the other, the old man being taken advantage of by the son more and more, but fully voluntarily sticking his wrinkled self into these situations. Sometimes just to prove he's "still a man" to an audience of none.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

britain delenda est

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Southpaugh posted:

britain delenda est

good news!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at making the next election a clown show on purpose. he's so loving bad at politics

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1464255488166699016?s=20

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Relevant Tangent posted:

feel free to flee terf island as soon as possible, america will welcome your ridiculous accents with open arms

If I want to be poor in a country with garbage privatised healthcare I can just wait

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Corb's gonna win as an independent in one of labour's strongest seats lmao

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Palladium posted:

"colony" is too good of a word

i prefer some domestic canine vernacular

Airstrip One

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

CoolCab posted:

if someone shouts at you "you twat!" you've probably done something silly that has somehow inconvenienced them - say dinging their car. it is both a way of saying "what an idiot!" and "gently caress you".

if someone shouts at you "you oval office!" you've probably really offended them and they might be starting a fight.

they're both used friendly though which confuses things.

the guy who called me a filthy doyle and a fat oval office did at least seem friendly

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gonadic io posted:

Corb's gonna win as an independent in one of labour's strongest seats lmao

I won't be happy with anything less than humiliation for loser keith

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I won't be happy with anything less than humiliation for loser keith

1931 Albert Goodman Conservative
1937 Leslie Haden-Guest Labour
1950 Moelwyn Hughes Labour
1951 Wilfred Fienburgh Labour
1958 Gerry Reynolds Labour
1969 Michael O'Halloran Labour
1981 SDP
1983 Independent Labour
1983 Jeremy Corbyn Labour
October 2020 Independent

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Jose posted:

lol at making the next election a clown show on purpose. he's so loving bad at politics

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1464255488166699016?s=20

So what's the thing referenced here that Corbyn is supposed to do to be allowed back in? Self-flagellate according to the wishes of broke-brained journalists and the Labour right?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Answers Me posted:

So what's the thing referenced here that Corbyn is supposed to do to be allowed back in? Self-flagellate according to the wishes of broke-brained journalists and the Labour right?

Admit to how incredibly insanely jew murderingly antisemetic he was I assume

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Answers Me posted:

Die. Nothing short of death will be accepted, and even then, antisemitism will be alluded to at his funeral. Labor operatives will say they didn't attend the ceremony because they didn't want to offend constituents.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/Kit_Yates_Maths/status/1464352948675301389?s=20

I miss Gordon Brown?

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Zopotantor posted:

Airstrip One

as an american living in london who uses the location to traipse about Europe (so help me god I’ll put anything in my arm to leave knife crime/terf/nonce island), this has become an increasingly invasive thought when I consider the UK’s role in the world, so agreed

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Jose posted:

Starmer's trapped. if he lets Corbyn back into the party, Hodge & co. kick off a shitstorm and Labour Has A Problem With Antisemitism again. but if he doesn't, maybe, just maybe, the press will see Labour as being serious and ready for government! (they will not, as long as there's any Tory that they have even the remotest hope of pretending is competent)

afaict there is no way out other than the traditional bottle of whiskey and a revolver. no-one's given him a revolver and he immediately drank the whiskey.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I liked it when he called that bigot a bigot.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Very much in the Red Ed space of being a better person as soon as they were outside of front line politics.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Answers Me posted:

Corbyn can't do anything to affect the outcome because the pressure to kick him out has nothing to do with him in any real sense. The demand isn't about dealing with a problematic MP, it's the center demanding that Keith explicitly and publicly drive a stake through the heart of the left.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

JoylessJester posted:

Very much in the Red Ed space of being a better person as soon as they were outside of front line politics.

i’m not sure if it’s the “if only the leader/king knew he would sort this out but it’s his visors who are at fault” effect, but it really seemed the guy was given exactly the wrong advice constantly throughout his tenure

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He had all the cunts who hosed Corbyn over doing the same because they were in place then too

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
and like, they're not just malicious they're genuinely quite bad at this

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Yeh they all seem to think they're machiavelli and somehow don't notice that most of the time they're pissing into they own mouth

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

They do it well enough to gently caress over the Labour Left though so really who is laughing?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

namesake posted:

They do it well enough to gently caress over the Labour Left though so really who is laughing?

Yeah true it is pretty humiliating to think we were out maneuvered by these numbskulls

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i think people radically overstate their influence there tbh. while they participated in the incredible establishment response which killed corbynism, of course, they were being taken for a ride as much as they had meaningful agency. they're the ones who are losing their cushy mp, council and every other gig drip by drip, they lost a huge chunk of their cultural cache the second corbyn was dead and are stuck ineffectively flogging his dead body in increasing ridiculousness. their good press evaporates the microsecond there is any election and hasn't moved the dial on their polling in years. as a political party labour has critically wounded itself in doing this thing and the most visible of the anti-corbyn cultural elite are making godawful embarrassing musical parodies for six hundred views or have to leave strictly because their hair plugs were giving them cardiac fits.

peter mandelson and friends don't care, of course, but peter mandelson in the eighties lost it, big time, peter mandelson was hearing voices in his head and poo poo telling him to kill tony blair and poo poo, but he came back from it man, you know what i mean?

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

"Not sure if you're joking" is exactly what I was going for, thanks. :)

I once shared an idle thought I described as 'social capital' amongst a group of learned friends, and I can tell you with relative certainty that it is academically credited to French sociologist Pierre Bourdieu. I don't think Tories and middle managers fond of the term paid him anything for it.

Bourdieu coined it, but Putnam sold it into the Anglosphere zeitgeist with Bowling Alone

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
here it is, the most offensively london thing ive ever seen

https://files.catbox.moe/z512hq.mp4

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Slugnoid posted:

here it is, the most offensively london thing ive ever seen

https://files.catbox.moe/z512hq.mp4

lmao love to get stuck up there for hours when the airlock breaks down

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

London trying to out-Dubai Dubai.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Cool hitman level

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

It's pissing rain and grey skies three quarters of the year on this bedraggled little island, who the gently caress is wanna go for a swim at the top of a windy building?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
roaring gales outside, tower swaying left and right, spilling out water and rich swimmers with joyful abandon

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Corbyn must be convinced to destroy Labour, please somebody get through to him. - 2018

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

If the water is warm I'd like to swim in the sky pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

CGI Stardust posted:

roaring gales outside, tower swaying left and right, spilling out water and rich swimmers with joyful abandon
at least the water can extinguish the burning cars that were set alight by sunlight reflected from that other skyscraper