Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

I have kept my free but sig all of 2021, I'm not one of you haters

Free butt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games

No dinner today since I had a late lunch. Also taught my son how to make gimbap for himself, especially since I don't like seaweed. He made himself an entire plate of leftover Thanksgiving turkey gimbap and had the fried rice leftover from last night.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Walla posted:

No dinner today since I had a late lunch. Also taught my son how to make gimbap for himself, especially since I don't like seaweed. He made himself an entire plate of leftover Thanksgiving turkey gimbap and had the fried rice leftover from last night.

is this what i have been missing in my life?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

"son. eat the food"
- heather papps, a proud father and not at all a single man in his mid thirties

Heather Papps

hello friend

honestly over the last 3 days i've watched the whole last season of brooklyn 99 and holt and kevin getting back together, and also the heist almost made me weep openly and i don't even know what is what anymore

Stoner Sloth

pecan posted:

I noticed :unsmith:

i very much want to free nut but life has been p crazy with complicated stuff, has left mental puzzles a bit much for my tired brain - still plan to go through them once things have calmed down

Bad Video Games

Heather Papps posted:

I can't speak for the gimbap, but if you don't make fried rice at home then yes you're definitely missing out.

Though I think tomorrow is going to be turkey and rice soup and maybe some turkey fajitas for dinner.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I had ham this year and I got an Instant Pot as an early Christmas present, so I'm gonna see if pressure cooking is as magical for beans as I have long heard whispered in shadowy places where such things as ham and bean soup are discussed.

Sig by Heather Papps

cruft

The instant pot is magical because you can sautée the onions and peppers and rice, then dump in the broth and press the "rice" button, and you have risotto with only one thing to clean, which goes in the dishwasher.

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mormon Nailer posted:

Got it, lemme do stash shopping

A hat made from weed?

I keed I keed but that is a super nice gesture! Having a warm head is important to general warmth and well being

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bilirubin posted:

A hat made from weed?

drat I didnt know that was an option

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

cruft posted:

The instant pot is magical because you can sautée the onions and peppers and rice, then dump in the broth and press the "rice" button, and you have risotto with only one thing to clean, which goes in the dishwasher.

...i think i need an instant pot now

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

cruft posted:

This may be more effective advertising for it than anything the company has put out. Now I want one just so I can do one pot risotto.

Twenty Four

roomforthetuna posted:

I just saw a thing saying "when you become a grown-up people stop asking what your favorite dinosaur is, they don't even care".

But actually I am interested, what are all your favorite dinosaurs? I like the diplodocus or brachiosaurus, the giraffes of dinosaurs.
Half serious answer, but, I feel like any of those mash up put together ones with all the wrong found bones, because if I'm going to dream and imagine, why have limitations? However...
contender right there

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
When I was a kid my favorite stuffed animal was a big Little Foot, which was larger than me until I was like, four or five, and I was a nervous little kid so having a pretty large stuffed thing to cling onto was important, so I'll say I guess my favorite dinosaur is the apatosaurus, specifically apatosauruses with eyelashes.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Escape From Noise

Slammed my pinkie toe into my bed a few hours ago and I'm still feeling it!

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Yeah, one of my favorite stuffed animals was a dinosaur named dinosaur. More specifically, it was a blue stegosaurus with yellow....stegs

so that one gets my vote

Escape From Noise

Although I loved dinosaurs as a kid my favorite was this super old tiger that was stuffed with sawdust and was made of very hard cloth I think from my grandma. It eventually disintegrated.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Achtane posted:

Yeah, one of my favorite stuffed animals was a dinosaur named dinosaur

I used to work in a Build-A-Bear and the number of kids who just name animals after the name of the animal is staggering. Kids are incredibly dumb.

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Twenty Four

How Wonderful! posted:

big Little Foot

I thought about this phrase too much, and enjoyed it!

Bad Video Games

Favorite stuffed animal time? The only one I remember was an Alf puppet from Pizza Hut that had a baseball cap and came with a 45 of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". I had that thing well into adulthood. It might even be in the basement right now. He lost his cap though.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

Free butt!

:ohno: autocorrect will be the death of me

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Dukes Mayo Clinic
there is a new tiny orb in the household! in between the crying and the exhaustion and Mrs MC’s c-section recovery pains, I take great joy in the array of tiny winter hats the hospital volunteers gave us and how goddamn cute they are.

Twenty Four

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

there is a new tiny orb in the household! in between the crying and the exhaustion and Mrs MC’s c-section recovery pains, I take great joy in the array of tiny winter hats the hospital volunteers gave us and how goddamn cute they are.

nothing like a cute volunteer! congratulations about the rest of that stuff too i guess :)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Congratulations DMC!!!! Many happy days ahead and a swift recovery for Mrs. MC!

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Thanks pals! I keep flipping between “this is awesome” and “oh god what have we done I can barely take care of myself let alone a tiny helpless poop goblin” but I’ve been assured by several other parents this is normal.

Said tiny orb is fed and warm and snoring in my non-posting hand, and I’m feeling very thankful for the extended support network of these forums and byob in particular.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Buy the poop goblin an account

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Thanks pals! I keep flipping between “this is awesome” and “oh god what have we done I can barely take care of myself let alone a tiny helpless poop goblin” but I’ve been assured by several other parents this is normal.

Said tiny orb is fed and warm and snoring in my non-posting hand, and I’m feeling very thankful for the extended support network of these forums and byob in particular.

A good parent already

This owns, I am so happy for you, babies are perfect

BoldFrankensteinMir

Congrats, Dukes Mayo Clinic, and the very best to the young Marquess of Mayo Clinic.

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

tiny helpless poop goblin

Powerful username energy here

Biggest congrats in the whole world for making a new poster! It's the miracle of life when you do a cool thing and almost suddenly, a new account is being made and perfect posts are made

Dukes Mayo Clinic

:kiss:

e: time to clean the orb of posts. I’ll get over babyposting soon and thank you for indulging me.

Wilmott Snipes

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Waiting for first dragon drawing from babby orb...I'm patient.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Rarity posted:

I used to work in a Build-A-Bear and the number of kids who just name animals after the name of the animal is staggering. Kids are incredibly dumb surprisingly practical.

Escape From Noise

Teaching kindergarten remains one of my best memories.

biosterous

Walla posted:

Favorite stuffed animal time? The only one I remember was an Alf puppet from Pizza Hut that had a baseball cap and came with a 45 of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". I had that thing well into adulthood. It might even be in the basement right now. He lost his cap though.

Puff, who is a Popple but i only learned that sometime in my 20s because i was curious. there was a tv show?

this is not puff, this is a vintage Popple Puffball. puff is much more well-loved than this, and is currently sitting on a shelf in the bedroom

there's a pouch on the back that you could put things in i guess, but also, it's stretchy so by design you can invert it and puff can go inside the pouch and become a fuzzy orb

aaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! :peanut:

celebrating a new orb

Wilmott Snipes posted:

Waiting for first dragon drawing from babby orb...I'm patient.

:haibrower:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

kalel

congrats bruh

Manifisto

woah!! congratulations!! and buy the tiny orb an account at your earliest convenience :rznv:

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

oh no i still exist oh gosh

Prof. Crocodile

Congratulations on participating in the miracle of life!

Also try to resist the urge to pick your baby up and smell it all the time. New baby smell is pleasant, but deadly, just like new car smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Congratulations to new baby having.

I have standard advice I give to new parents, which is that you may be part of a small percentage that has a really tough time dealing with crying, and it's okay. For me it sent me into a rage: I had no idea I could get so angry. The solution I found was to let the baby cry until I could compose myself, and trying to remind myself that crying means "all systems functioning, maintenance requested."

But I wish someone had told me that getting super angry about the crying was normal, because thinking I was a failure as a parent did not help. So that's my advice to you!

I now have an awesome relationship with cruft jr. We just completed LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, after 6 years of working on it. When jr developed the ability to smile, it helped me a ton.