Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
3rd dose is an ice cold can of solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My wife's getting her booster today, she got Pfizer for 1 and 2 so be interesting to see what they give her. It's at a chemist

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

covid is cringe

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
I didn't think Moderna was approved as a booster in Australia yet? Would prefer to get it.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11...ce=abc_news_web

Some loser in tacticool gear walked around this morning popping off a few shots.

Watch the footage, it's bizarre.

E:
https://twitter.com/charlotte_s98/status/1464739292299726854?s=20

ColtMcAsskick fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 28, 2021

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Feeling slightly less stressed about Unicron now

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/26/vaccine-resistant-what-scientists-know-new-covid-variant

The Guardian posted:

Will the variant cause more severe Covid?

There is no information yet on whether the variant leads to a change in Covid symptoms or severity – this is something South African scientists will be closely monitoring. Since there is a lag between infections and more serious illness, it will take several weeks before any clear data is available. At this stage, scientists say there is no strong reason to suspect that the latest variant will be either worse or milder.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

right to be a bigot without a membership in the liberal party or a registered religious organization: suspended

quote:

The Morrison government will introduce legislation this week to crackdown on abuse and bullying on social media platforms.

Under the laws, social media platforms will be forced to expose the identity of individuals who post defamatory or damaging material anonymously.

The government is seeking a complaints mechanism where, if somebody thinks that they are being defamed, bullied or attacked on social media, they will have an opportunity to demand the platform take it down.

Federal minister Anne Ruston says if the platform fails to comply, there will be a court process that would allow that person to require the platform to provide details of the identity of the abusive or defaming identity.

“It is absolutely unacceptable that a platform can shirk its responsibility,” Senator Ruston told ABC’s Insiders program on Sunday.

“I would really like to see any of these platforms stand up and say that they think it’s acceptable that they hide behind the anonymity of bots and bullies and bigots online.”

parasitic political class final form. liberals are gonna use public money to sue members of the public for cash payouts straight into their own pockets. labors going to complain about not having enough time to analyze the legislation before voting for it anyway

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Missus with 2x Pfizer was given Pfizer for her booster, it seems it's just what you get

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

go_banana posted:

I didn't think Moderna was approved as a booster in Australia yet? Would prefer to get it.

My partner's been getting Moderna for health reasons, had to get it at the Doctor though. So... yes? Or no. Ask your Doctor.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

parasitic political class final form. liberals are gonna use public money to sue members of the public for cash payouts straight into their own pockets. labors going to complain about not having enough time to analyze the legislation before voting for it anyway

If morrison didn't want to be called a gently caress wit so often online, he should stop being a gently caress wit.

The libs already have all the murdoch press protecting them, how much more protection do they really need.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I refer, Your Honour, to the precedent established in Commonwealth v. Weedlord BonerHitler....

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
If you said a politician had no genitals and they took you to court, would they have to show the court their genitals to prove they have them?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

no

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011
Just declare yourself a Christian- You get protection for your beliefs. Then you can call Scomo a fuckwit freely.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SuddenCactus posted:

If you said a politician had no genitals and they took you to court, would they have to show the court their genitals to prove they have them?

Stop trying to trick me into getting my comical genitals out in public again.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cpt Soban posted:

Just declare yourself a Christian- You get protection for your beliefs. Then you can call Scomo a fuckwit freely.

Christ would definitely think he's a fuckknuckle

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Really really hating the weekends now that its become a weekly thing for antivax assholes to just swarm all over the city

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

We can just change our border controls to prevent new variants as th-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcmIpU62Fco

Never mind I guess. Turns out it's hard to identify variants quickly so it will just spread to every country that doesn't quarantine all the time before you can close borders.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
https://twitter.com/johnb78/status/1464790866849984521?s=20

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Christmas crown in profile picture or tinfoil hat?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Australia will probably implode under the weight of another round of lockdowns, so right now I'm thoughts and prayer-sing that the vaccine still works or a booster can be quickly deployed.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Really really hating the weekends now that its become a weekly thing for antivax assholes to just swarm all over the city

Those same morons blocked a major road into the CBD yesterday afternoon- Making me late for work. For some reason they thought parading in front of the channel 7 building would bring change. This was after their last attempt in front of the Education department the week before. 500 turned up to that one, in a city of over 1 million...

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

hooman posted:

Stop trying to trick me into getting my comical genitals out in public again.

He's got a weird looking dick mistah speaka!

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

That guy is easily the biggest smug Sydney oval office on Australian COVID twitter, in a very crowded field

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SuddenCactus posted:

He's got a weird looking dick mistah speaka!

I will see you in court. Unlike my weird looking dick.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Just in time for Christmas. Mad.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 28, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solemn Sloth posted:

The allspark

dare to be stupid

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
rip eggboy

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

abigserve posted:

booster can be quickly deployed.
Oh man, that's not going to happen

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Two confirmed with the omnicrom in Sydney.

Yay.

EDIT: Ah, didn't realise the video posted upthread also had the confirmation. Thought they were still just speculating that it might be here.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 28, 2021

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

right to be a bigot without a membership in the liberal party or a registered religious organization: suspended

Realistically, wouldn't these companies just prefer to restrict access so no Australians can post? It seems way easier than being on the hook for anything we post there - and none of these companies want to be liable for the stuff on their site, especially now.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The bill is actually just about making it easier for the elite themselves to sue for defo, right? The idea that people won't post heinously offensive poo poo under their real names can be disproved by spending 5 seconds on Facebook

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Two confirmed with the omnicrom in Sydney.

Yay.

EDIT: Ah, didn't realise the video posted upthread also had the confirmation. Thought they were still just speculating that it might be here.

it's fine

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

delta goodrem must be so relieved

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

freebooter posted:

The bill is actually just about making it easier for the elite themselves to sue for defo, right? The idea that people won't post heinously offensive poo poo under their real names can be disproved by spending 5 seconds on Facebook

The kind of people who post heinous poo poo under their real names on Facebook aren't likely the kind of people to be sued for defo by a Liberal MP, but point taken, that was phrased incorrectly. I think the part about how companies who own those platforms have to reveal the identity of accounts the court wants them to reveal does suggest that tech companies will now need to take on greater responsibility if they operate here - so while not exactly responsible for what people post, they would now be responsible for knowing who they really are. That has some serious implications for online safety.

I think it's part of a wider project to completely connect who you are in real life and on the internet - no escaping the real world and the "real you" under aliases or new identities or fursonas. Similar to how all those Metaverse presentations show people being turned into Xbox Live avatars of their boring real selves, you'll have to present yourself as who it says you are on official documentation.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Ah but the real trick is the distinction between the corporate entity known as solemn sloth as established under acts of an illegitimate parliament and solemn sloth the living soul

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Dare I dream of Australia without Facebook?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

As opposed to the anonimity afforded the 'gutless cowards' behind Christian Porter's blind trust.

Sixty-one-year-old Curtis died of end-stage renal failure, in the context of type 2 diabetes mellitus and chronic liver disease. The NT commissioner for correctional services provided a general leave permit so the inmate he could go to Mutitjulu aged care facility without guards to spend his last days near home and family. He died there on 26 February 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

an egg posted:

delta goodrem must be so relieved

omicron goodrem on the other hand,