Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Qmass posted:

it is obviously taking the piss out of NKs (i.e kim's) goal of getting nukes, not for NK to be nuked. and its an especially benign joke to ban someone over.

it's a joke on the "send nudes" meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TescoBag posted:

This weeks trial is awful

which is a shame, because the course itself is very nice, did all my rivals on it and loved it

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
trying to get 3 stars on vocho In The Baja is going to turn me into the joker. PG's devs are smoking pure strain meth. 1m48s is bullshit

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

AirRaid posted:

I was going round posting some clean rivals laps for accolades and hit 2nd place on Caldera Scramble. Decided to put some effort in -

It's a really nice little track, the corners have a great flow. #240 on the global feels pretty nice.

Here ya go if you want something to chase.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Golly, the '19 Z4 Roadster is extremely good for the BMW A/800 Horizon Tour (especially with Saeenu's tune of 842 005 589). Barely have to brake for most turns as the grip is stronger than the slight powersliding indicates (feather the throttle as needed). Only time I get into trouble is for the rare 90+ degree turn. I'm so used to braking lightly in that car that I occasionally drift tap a wall. Will get better at that as I drive the car more. As it is, it's still hella fast

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I haven't had a single crash since day 2 of owning this, now it's suddenly crashing it's rear end off, had the same issue with every pc forza port at one time or another where it would just start having problems all of a sudden even though I hadn't patched the game or updated windows or gpu drivers.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

im top of GRCC on every circuit event in S2 and some of the sprints like ruta norte so gauntlet hitting floor noise or whatever

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I haven't had a single crash since day 2 of owning this, now it's suddenly crashing it's rear end off, had the same issue with every pc forza port at one time or another where it would just start having problems all of a sudden even though I hadn't patched the game or updated windows or gpu drivers.

I had crashing issues start randomly and it stopped after I reinstalled the latest C++ redistributable package from Microsoft. Something to try maybe.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somebody passed Don Joewon Song on the Hall of Fame leaderboards. he is unhappy.

https://twitter.com/DonJoewonSong/status/1465322447692046346

I think his is the only score over ~900k that's close to legitimate.

I'm at 834k and know a couple thousand of that is repeated accolades that i can't stop the game from giving me.

at least 25k available points are bugged. 8 skills, 2 stories, 1 street racing, 7 speed zones, 4 danger signs, 4 trailblazers, 5 drift zones, and the hall of fame accolades associated with those.

Probably 10k are long-term festival things.

This is all i have left in the Hall of Fame accolades and i'm only at 834k. probably 800k without the repeated accolades. the first 2 columns are waiting for bugged accolade fixes.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

barnold posted:

trying to get 3 stars on vocho In The Baja is going to turn me into the joker. PG's devs are smoking pure strain meth. 1m48s is bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-iyku2yMys

if you do this you need to take the shot at 1m47.5 and the car will run into the area while photomode loads (time will stand still)

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Natsuumi posted:

I had crashing issues start randomly and it stopped after I reinstalled the latest C++ redistributable package from Microsoft. Something to try maybe.

worth a shot

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I did the Playground Games thing this morning to get the seasonal points.

The game doesn't rebalance teams if people drop, so by the second game it was a 6-on-2, which it turns out doesn't make for very competitive gameplay.

Still got the achievement either way, but I don't see myself ever voluntarily playing these games outside of a seasonal challenge.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Weirdly the free for all playground games are a lot more fun. The seasonal ones are a drag even in a convoy of friends but we were having a blast in the ffa

DnHMaster
Jan 9, 2007

Smell The Glove
Fun Shoe
Requesting invite to GRCC. Game name is DnHMaster. Looking forward to racing y'all

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like deloreans topped out(short term) at around $900k because so many people bought them with the bug.

If you have a bunch, they have a wheel spin and super wheel spin in their mastery.

The floodgates have opened on the 84 CRX, too, at $9.4m.

Italdesign prices were raised by people selling bug-bought vehicles but can be had for around $4m now, they might start going back up but there's no guarantee of profit there. The same will happen with bug-bought raesrs

And remember the golden rule. Before the supercars go to auction, the brake pressure gets set to zero. Probably be 6 races before they realize anyways.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Just lol if you're not just stopping yourself using a wall, and jetting out of it with a tune that gives you 0-60 mph in 1.5 seconds

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Goa Tse-tung posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-iyku2yMys

if you do this you need to take the shot at 1m47.5 and the car will run into the area while photomode loads (time will stand still)

oh I've seen the video. I've watched multiple. I just can't seem to figure out the exact perfect curve to take through the dirt, and you can't know if you're too late (unless you're way off) until you already take the picture and have to sit through the stupid rear end cutscene for the 5000000th time

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kunabomber posted:

Just lol if you're not just stopping yourself using a wall, and jetting out of it with a tune that gives you 0-60 mph in 1.5 seconds

Pro tier is to use an AI car to cushion the blow with the wall because there's less of a speed penalty.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Powershift posted:

And remember the golden rule. Before the supercars go to auction, the brake pressure gets set to zero. Probably be 6 races before they realize anyways.

How have I never thought to jack up the tuning on a vehicle I auction off, brilliant. That said know the average pubbie they'll probably just as quickly jack it up themselves by putting every available upgrade in the car to "make it go fast" as they slam from wall to wall, see this week's trial.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

General Probe posted:

How have I never thought to jack up the tuning on a vehicle I auction off, brilliant. That said know the average pubbie they'll probably just as quickly jack it up themselves by putting every available upgrade in the car to "make it go fast" as they slam from wall to wall, see this week's trial.

all i want is one angry message asking why i made the X-999 599xx evo FWD

Bruc
May 30, 2006
I really like racing the s2 cars sometimes but boy are half the cross country tracks basically unplayable at s2 and higher due to overshooting checkpoints unless you really know the track and know when to slow down ahead of time.

text
Mar 12, 2011

barnold posted:

oh I've seen the video. I've watched multiple. I just can't seem to figure out the exact perfect curve to take through the dirt, and you can't know if you're too late (unless you're way off) until you already take the picture and have to sit through the stupid rear end cutscene for the 5000000th time

I did it earlier and just went straight to the destination over dirt from the turn at about 1minute 5 seconds in that video. Still tight, half a second to spare.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Wow, the Koenigsegg Jesko you get from doing the V10 story missions is absolutely bonkers. Slapped on an X-999 tune and three-starred every single danger sign and all bar one of the speed traps in a single evening :stare:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

text posted:

I did it earlier and just went straight to the destination over dirt from the turn at about 1minute 5 seconds in that video. Still tight, half a second to spare.

it's hilarious how the first like, 2 or 3 chapters of that story you can completely scam and finish in 7 seconds, and then they toss you this whopper with a margin so razor thin it would make gold medal Gran Turismo 2 license challenge times blush

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
The story challenges are baffling in that way; like did they route the challenge and time it using the GPS routing and some other team forgot to put checkpoints? Like with the shortcuts a 3-star in 5 minute par can be achieved in 1 minute, it doesn't make any sense.

It's like all Super 7 challenges with windy courses that have no checkpoints too, it can't all be intentional.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Babe Magnet posted:

so uhh are any of the High Rollers cars for the weekly free or easy to get? I don't have that kind of cash right now lol

Yeah I made it to the first free car for the season and then just gave up, I don't have high roller cars or enough money on hand right now to buy any.

I waste most of my money fast traveling around and buying cars / tunes to try to meet seasonal requirements or beat rivals times so I'm kinda broke

Powershift posted:

If you do the other challenges first, you get the Zerouno for 22 points this season.

e: ooh, look, balloons!

Huh didn't realize that Zerouno was a High Roller car, I guess that makes a little more sense from the dev's perspective. Still don't care probably. I feel like getting the first car is generally my limit because you can pick and choose where you want to get points from, it gets harder and harder as there are less and less places to get seasonal points and you have to do stupid lovely things that you don't want to do instead of choosing the best options

Powershift posted:

That was the 918 they sent as a gift last week.

The livery doesn't apply itself until you get into it.

Okay I was really confused about that as well. Used it one for the seasonals (I think it was the speed zone that needs porsches s1 or under) and it worked fine but when I originally went to check it out I was seriously wondering how high/drunk I was that I put on some lame loving xbox livery. That's really not something I would do so I assumed i must've been pretty hosed up

AirRaid posted:

I agree, post the drat track names! It would of course be better if the stupid name was at the top of the stupid leaderboard but it isn't so here we are.

Also, is the Rivals mechanic actually broken? Whenever I do a rivals time and beat whatever ghost it gives me, then go through past the rewards the game offers me a "new challenger", and it's just the exact same rival as before. I've checked the leaderboard, there are definitely other times. I did the Ruta Norte one earlier and it kept giving me the guy I just beat until I quit out, went back in, got a new rival and then beat that, at which point it gave me the same one again. :argh:

Yeah it is worded really confusingly. The A button is actually 'No let's not do it again', so that is the default but it took me a few times to figure that out. Still confused at why you'd want to do it again when you jut beat the rival like you were trying to do

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Play posted:

Yeah I made it to the first free car for the season and then just gave up, I don't have high roller cars or enough money on hand right now to buy any.

The first free car for this season is a car that works for that challenge.

text
Mar 12, 2011

webmeister posted:

Wow, the Koenigsegg Jesko you get from doing the V10 story missions is absolutely bonkers. Slapped on an X-999 tune and three-starred every single danger sign and all bar one of the speed traps in a single evening :stare:

Now try driving it as rwd

This is assuming the x class tune made it awd as most do

In other ridiculous car talk both the jaguar xjr 15 and mclaren f1 are amazing at s1, 270mph and uncontrollable - whack on a wing and they are OK at 260

text fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 30, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jabor posted:

The first free car for this season is a car that works for that challenge.

read the whole post dangit!!!

but yeah I learned that from someone else, didn't realize it was since from what I saw it's not specifically labeled like that. maybe it is but I didn't see it

Either way I feel like the second car is less worth it generally because the options for getting points are less and less and you start having to do stuff that you don't really want to do

Also I somehow entered some game last time where you, like, place yourself on the map then somehow find a car drop (I never figured out how to do this) then run into other players and make them race cross country or something? Can someone explain to me how this poo poo works and what it's called because I could not figure out for the life of me what I was supposed to be doing. How do you even find the better cars first of all

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Play posted:

Also I somehow entered some game last time where you, like, place yourself on the map then somehow find a car drop (I never figured out how to do this) then run into other players and make them race cross country or something? Can someone explain to me how this poo poo works and what it's called because I could not figure out for the life of me what I was supposed to be doing. How do you even find the better cars first of all

That's the Eliminator. It's battle royale Forza. You drive around the map, try to stay in the zone (the circle on your map), find upgraded car pickups, and try to eliminate other players by challenging them to a race and beating them to a random destination. As for how you find better cars, in my experience, you don't. Other people do and then have level 10 cars while you still have the car you spawned in. They spawn on the ground with colored smoke that's supposed to indicate their position but I can never see them until I'm right on top of them pretty much

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
My experience with the Eliminator is that if you drop yourself in an urban spot you'll pretty much always find a mid-level car right off the bat. It's only if you stick yourself out in the middle of nowhere that you're likely to be stuck with the starting car, so don't do that.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jabor posted:

My experience with the Eliminator is that if you drop yourself in an urban spot you'll pretty much always find a mid-level car right off the bat. It's only if you stick yourself out in the middle of nowhere that you're likely to be stuck with the starting car, so don't do that.

The game actually told me this but only about two seconds before it started so I didn't even time to do that much and was out on some dirt road in the middle of nowhere lol

Maybe I'll give it a try again and see if I can actually find a car. I'm generally not that great at picking out small things in the environment especially with my ultrawide FOV so we'll see how it goes.

Then when you do find a car, you want to find a weak car and make them race you right? Do you have to tell just by looking or are there other clues as to how good a car might be? And then what do you get for winning, a better car or just points or something?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Play posted:

The game actually told me this but only about two seconds before it started so I didn't even time to do that much and was out on some dirt road in the middle of nowhere lol

Maybe I'll give it a try again and see if I can actually find a car. I'm generally not that great at picking out small things in the environment especially with my ultrawide FOV so we'll see how it goes.

Then when you do find a car, you want to find a weak car and make them race you right? Do you have to tell just by looking or are there other clues as to how good a car might be? And then what do you get for winning, a better car or just points or something?

The cloverleaf in the middle of the map on the highway gives one drop on top of the overpass and one on the inside of the northwest cloverleaf. Sometimes you get a choice of two there, sometimes there are 6 people spawning. The trick is to start near the bottom one, grab it, and then challenge the dudes going for the top one before they can grab it.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you win, they're eliminated from the game, and you can choose to swap into their car (or not, if the reason you beat them is because their car is worse). You also get eliminated if you don't stay inside the circle as it shrinks.

Presumably you get better rewards the longer you stick around while other people get eliminated.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere as well that the Eliminator races always head towards the opposite edge of the circle, so try and keep your map position in mind. The blimp hovers at the centre of the circle, so just head towards that to start with. You can start challenging someone while you're already driving (or at least pointing) in the right direction, so you've got a decent head start.

Oh and you don't need top level cars to win at Eliminator, level 5-6 is usually enough.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

For the finale, the finish is usually towards the larger part of the map, too. You have about 5 seconds outside of the circle so if you guess right and hit the barrier with 4 seconds to go you get a decent head start. It’s also good to get an idea of where the bridges And barriers are during the finale countdown.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

barnold posted:

This one took me the most tries of any story mission. I finally got it by going straight for the objective when exiting the freeway instead of going through the town. I think I made it with a very comfortable margin with that approach.

My personal mission has been trying to find the highest PI vehicle with off-road suspension and an adjustable front and rear wings. So far that title goes to the Jeep Renegade with 911. I've tried so many others. The AMG G65 was probably the most disappointing. Won't even get to 900!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Saw the Doom horn was in the Forzathon season shop.

And then I got the Microsoft Teams horn :krad:. Gonna troll so many techbros.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Some guy yesterday asked help for finding a barn. Having already unlocked it and being in the area, I reached him in my pimped out Bronco and started blaring the Doom horn nonstop while guiding him to the barn. Hope he at least got a chuckle out of it!

Game's still very fun, except for drift zones and anything online that's not rivals. The thresholds for Arcade are ridiculously high, in FH4 you could almost solo an arcade session - here you can barely get through round 2 if you don't have a full roster of players helping out :( (or at least a few good ones - rando pubbies can be pretty ineffective at times)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

God I love this car :allears:

Also, I finally did the Rally Hard accolade (Win a Dirt race with Unebeatable drivatar difficulty) to get my free Audi Quattro! That being said... where the poo poo is my Group B Quattro? :argh: