Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Skios posted:

During a bout of insomnia the other day I went through about four months of thread rounding up all the nominations in a spreadsheet. Is this something that's actually useful and should I keep going, or should I just clear the file and stare at the ceiling like a normal person?

I believe Discordio Vox does this at the end of the year and I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear they can spend less time doing that; send the file to them

I'm fairly drat sure some goon has a program to scrape threads though and can do the task in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Dumocrats

Lmfao

Panel 1: joe Biden is terrible because he is so old

Panel 4: we should have elected the guy who is older

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Skios posted:

During a bout of insomnia the other day I went through about four months of thread rounding up all the nominations in a spreadsheet. Is this something that's actually useful and should I keep going, or should I just clear the file and stare at the ceiling like a normal person?

Please PM it to me then resume staring; I’ll be doing that work as I start to prep to run the Kellies.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Skios posted:

Geeze even Vox is losing his job in this economy.

:rimshot:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Out of curiosity, I check Sanders and his polling, and he’s around high 40s/low 50s. So Rall basically picked Biden’s lowest poll and Bernie’s highest.

Biden sucks plenty without resorting to crap like this, especially when your point is “guy too old, elect older guy.” Just call him out on being a terrible leader who can’t wrangle two wayward senators and capitulates way too easily to the GOP. You know, like Obama without the charisma.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Silly deer, take off your hooves first.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Covid vaccine hoarding and the Omicron variant – The identification of a new variant in southern Africa exposes the failure of western leaders such as Boris Johnson to ensure poorer countries are vaccinated"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

UK’s ‘double talk’ on Channel crisis must stop, says French interior minister

Evening Standard:

Also! It's time for the :ducksiren: ELLWOOD ATFIELD POLITICAL CARTOON OF THE YEAR!!! :ducksiren:
Click on this link, look at the cartoons chosen (including lots not posted in this thread) and vote for your fave!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

skeleton warrior posted:

Lmfao

Panel 1: joe Biden is terrible because he is so old

Panel 4: we should have elected the guy who is older
If we had to have an old as dirt president, we picked the wrong one

We don't need these old as dirt presidents though

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

duz posted:

Silly deer, take off your hooves first.

My wife sent me this gif along with the words "Time to clean your office"

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MrUnderbridge posted:

My wife sent me this gif along with the words "Time to clean your office"

So silly deer, did you take your hooves off and clean your office?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Opposition leader Anthony Albanese with deputy Tanya Plibersek and Tony Burke (Manager of Opposition Business, the shadow of Leader of the House).

Broelman:

Scott Morrison digs in over federal ICAC – and tries to shift blame to Labor for slow progress (Guardian).

Wilcox:

'Teary' meeting with PM was against MP's wishes (news.com.au) "Liberal MP Bridget Archer says she burst into tears after she was taken to the Prime Minister's office to discuss her decision to cross the floor this week."

Shakespeare:

Knight:

(Opinion) Shannon Deery: How Omicron variant could help Andrews government’s pandemic Bill cause. "As the Andrews government remains locked in pandemic Bill, the Omicron variant has emerged as a powerful negotiating tool."

Warren Brown:

Spooner:

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Dumocrats

Not misogynistic at all.

Seriously, wtf is this, like there are ten thousand things to slam Kamala Harris on, yet it's the second time he's called her a shrill harpy.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pants Donkey posted:

Biden’s average is 42%, but people keep cherry-picking the same 36% poll from a few weeks ago. All recent polls are in the low 40s.

Rasmussen released a new set of polls recently that say that Trump has a 13% lead over Biden if the election were held today, and that the percentage is even higher among independents, so I wouldn't be surprised if right wing cartoonists (and Rall) start using those numbers.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I for one am SHOCKED that a Democrat inherited an absolute loving mess and is getting dragged in the polls as a result. Just in time for Republicans to sweep up midterms!

No this isn't an endorsement for Biden either. I'm only 31 years old though and I'm already sick of this lovely pattern where a Republican comes in and trashes the place and then the following Democrat gets poo poo on for not pulling some Cat in the Hat poo poo and tidying the place up before mom and dad get home.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

kartikeya posted:

Not misogynistic at all.

Seriously, wtf is this, like there are ten thousand things to slam Kamala Harris on, yet it's the second time he's called her a shrill harpy.

Anyone have a link to the readthrough of Rall's autobio comic?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Mike Lester

Henry Payne

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

At Your Command
Fearing outrage and retribution from China, W.H.O. Change the name of the new COVID variant from Xi to Omicron.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

They also skipped Nu and spared us every cartoonist making the exact same joke.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
It makes perfect sense to give the variant a name without needless political baggage. Hell, there are probably a million people with the last name Xi besides him anyway.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Trapezium Dave posted:

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu. This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
:ironicat:
The loving skateboard in the backpack too? Which way is this comic trying to have it??

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Vib Rib posted:

:ironicat:
The loving skateboard in the backpack too? Which way is this comic trying to have it??

Going to guess he thinks they should have been shooting with an assault rifle, not a cell phone camera.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leave Nu alone! He's been getting his rear end kicked since the prehistoric era.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted
Because the Salvation Army is a poo poo organization run by poo poo people.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Raised By Birds posted:

:airquote: Chinese bioweapon :airquote:

Notice the piece of poo poo garrison doesn't meantion anywhere that almost a million people have died

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Leave Nu alone! He's been getting his rear end kicked since the prehistoric era.

Kellies nomination: best CT reference

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted
Because the Salvation Army is a poo poo organization run by poo poo people.

I'm pretty sure that's what the comic is saying.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

packetmantis posted:

stiglich is mad because the salvation army thinks racism is bad, not because they want all gay and trans people to die and burn in hell

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

packetmantis posted:

No, Stiglich's point is "The Salvation Army wants to make you feel bad for being white."

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Yeah the salvation army says racism is bad, so now literally everyone hates them

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

seiferguy posted:

But he teaches me magic!!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

INNOCENT SPACE-DWELLING BEINGS
YOUNG TIME-TRAVELING* NE’ER-DO-WELLS

*Latest Fad

Korner Kelly: Blundershot

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

PoliToons 2021: Live, Laugh, Lavos

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hmm, gosh, maybe shittiness has nothing to do with geography???

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Notice the piece of poo poo garrison doesn't meantion anywhere that almost a million people have died

That’s because people like Garrison have already been trained in that point while COVID was running wild under Trump; those people were already dying anyway/the number is a lie. Basically if you’re not a big enough name to be proven to have died/weren’t personally known you didn’t really die of COVID and if you’re somehow able to be proven to have actually died you were a weak invalid who was dead anyway with or without COVID so who cares

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dubar posted:

Yeah the salvation army says racism is bad, so now literally everyone hates them

Weird how all these republicans get so steamed at the merest suggestion that maybe racism exists and is not cool.

Probably not worth reading anything into.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fister Roboto posted:

Hmm, gosh, maybe shittiness has nothing to do with geography???

Oh, it does. Just not a strong correlation to compass direction.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Prickly City is going to do a whole week based on follow your bliss (???) huh

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

choosing to believe mallard fillmore is being tormented by harry dinkle from funky winkerbean and you can't stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009