Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

C-Euro posted:

Uwe Boll & Branch

receive one box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Promo code "my brother('s face, oh no!)"

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I would 100% listen to a techno thriller TAZ if that’s the kind of energy they’d bring

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

George H.W. oval office posted:

I would 100% listen to a techno thriller TAZ if that’s the kind of energy they’d bring

Get a load of this one

Imma skunk this corpo dweeb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats not what techno thriller means

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://youtu.be/4GWoOlk8gYg

???

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’ve always wondered it Triple Click took the spot on Max Fun that Besties might have been given when they got dropped from Spotify

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

now this is techno thriller

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Guess Justin liked Cyberpunk more than he let on

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Alaois posted:

thats not what techno thriller means

dull the dreck out, hoser!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Some clowns in GBS who don't know what they're talking about are saying a bunch of baloney about Travis, including the tired s*y-face trope

Smugworth posted:

He does a podcast called My Brother My Brother and Me which wasn't bad, but lonely dorks pay to fill out theaters and pretend they're part of the podcast family. Their topics are like silly non-threatening nonsense just like his face. I think, like the Murderino girls, they also have a podcast network to bleed more cash from their lonely fan base and spin off podcasts like "Purple Hair and Wife review peanut butter" or some poo poo.

Really it seems like the only thing you need to be a podcast mogul besides luck is to be affable, have a non-threatening schtick, and gush on and on about how your fan base is the best ever and they're really special. I think that's part of the attraction to be a Murderino, listening to those girls babble on about their day to day stuff before telling a spooky story and feeling like you have friends.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ok

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you for notifying the thread, clown

I'm calling the forums police immediately

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Wizard Master

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For as much as it is ballied about that the McElroy Brothers encourage codependent fans or whatever, I really can not think of them ever really mentioning their fans at all in their shows except for specific contributors like Drew Davenport. Like I listen to some podcasts or watch some shows where the people behind it often say "Thank you to all our fans you're the most amazing fans in the world" on the show or in social media, but the McElroy shows are not really one of them.

If anything they seem to have a very toned down social media presence and are careful in fan interactions, because their entire family is involved and they don't want weirdos getting obsessed with them and their families

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Da fwiggin wizard master

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Wizard Master posted:

Some clowns in GBS who don't know what they're talking about are saying a bunch of baloney about Travis, including the tired s*y-face trope

Wizard Master posted:

There's a McElroy brothers megathread in the podcast forum where you get probated if you say "soy" because it's considered a slur

lmao, stfu

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 30, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

drat, you got him. You got the Wizard Master. He'll never show his face around here again now that you've unmasked his duplicitous ways

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Alaois posted:

drat, you got him. You got the Wizard Master. He'll never show his face around here again now that you've unmasked his duplicitous ways

I shot the wizard master

(but I did not shoot no deputy)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wait... Could this be the wizard? Of the cloud? Is he getting his revenge on the boys through shitposting? On a dead comedy forum?

Zero One fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 30, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Zero One posted:

Wait... Could this me the wizard? Of the cloud? Is he getting his revenge on the boys through shitposting? On a dead comedy forum?

I think you’ll find that the wizard was inside you all along

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I hope the techno wizard totally skunks you pig gently caress dorf corpos and your macro salinated chips.

I’ll be over here poppin wheelies over ice with my sweet deck!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

again, not what a techno thriller is

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
On the upside, I checked out that GBS thread and saw a bunch of people dunking on Wizard Master's boring attempt at causing drama, so that was fun.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It's funny to look at a podcast that's... oh dear lord 11 years old, and go "pft, anyone can have a podcast". The boys are professional comedians by any measure, just with a niche audience that's never really broken into the mainstream.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

For as much as it is ballied about that the McElroy Brothers encourage codependent fans or whatever, I really can not think of them ever really mentioning their fans at all in their shows except for specific contributors like Drew Davenport. Like I listen to some podcasts or watch some shows where the people behind it often say "Thank you to all our fans you're the most amazing fans in the world" on the show or in social media, but the McElroy shows are not really one of them.

There was The McElory's Will Be In Trolls 2, which has a lot of that "thank you thank you" in it, and their ten year anniversary, but those were both pretty earnest expressions of "drat we get to do this for a living, thanks people". It's probably exaggerated because they're such a good example of super dedicated niche fans. Like on Facebook there's an entire unironic dating group that's formed around enjoying their stuff.

Anyway, get Wizard Master he must be banish ed.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 30, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Alaois posted:

again, not what a techno thriller is

https://youtu.be/zyhbRhLTRTQ

???

E - wait poo poo that’s the same one but with dancing.

https://youtu.be/G71lKcQnmTk
Might be too nightcore though. Also there are a lot of nightcore thriller remixes.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 30, 2021

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I want to hear griffins attempt at standup

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
“And what’s the deal with Amibos being so difficult to stick in your mouth??”

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Zero One posted:

“And what’s the deal with Amibos being so difficult to stick in your mouth??”

“anybody ever get diarrhea just from thinking about food?”

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I come to this thread with grave and shocking news: someone somewhere doesn't like a podcast you like.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ariong posted:

I come to this thread with grave and shocking news: someone somewhere doesn't like a podcast you like.

scary if true

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ariong posted:

There are people who don't like This Podcast Will Kill You? How could this be?!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
this news makes me want to scream

it just makes me wanna

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ok Comboomer posted:

this news makes me want to scream

it just makes me wanna

:lmao:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
if you kids don't behave I'm going to have to bring out The Plate

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

The Plate looks like the cover of a BNL tribute band’s debut album

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm late to the party but Justin's "Shut the gently caress up." To Travis's "STAMPS!" Is the best ad intro they've ever had.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Empty Sandwich posted:

Oh my god, I just realized what Travis's face on this scary plate reminds me of.

Does anyone else see this or is it just me?

EDIT: In all seriousness, I can't believe they let that image through to be put on the finished product. It's so unappealing.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 30, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ariong posted:

Oh my god, I just realized what Travis's face on this scary plate reminds me of.

Does anyone else see this or is it just me?

EDIT: In all seriousness, I can't believe they let that image through to be put on the finished product. It's so unappealing.

That’s why it’s funny you doofus

Also great shop. Somebody pls tweet that at the brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If anything they seem to have a very toned down social media presence and are careful in fan interactions, because their entire family is involved and they don't want weirdos getting obsessed with them and their families

i literally only see this argument come from twitter discoursers, who imo are doing much worse things to the world by spreading twitter discourse