Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Also the dagger Matt found in the cursed city is also cursed and now Matt is a cursed dummy because it should be even more obviously a curse if you live in a world where curses exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

withak posted:

Needs a “special” gang tag for combined book & show weirdos.

Thread tuggers

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

CainFortea posted:

I'm working on some show ones that aren't book related!

Like a raging sun?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Prediction: The traveling people turn into badass capoeira dervishes when they hear the Song because a leaf in a hurricane can still gently caress you up

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Also the dagger Matt found in the cursed city is also cursed and now Matt is a cursed dummy because it should be even more obviously a curse if you live in a world where curses exist.

Seriously- if you live in a world were curses are a real thing and you go into a cursed city that's obviously cursed, and the Wizard Bodyguard™ tells you not to touch anything- you gotta be a special type of dumb to loot anything from there...

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Mat’s the funny one, not the smart one. It remains to be seen which of the Two Rivers gang is that second thing. I guess Nynaeve for now?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Stolen from reddit:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I low key love it when authors are like gently caress it, our heros are FANTASY NAME, FANTASY NAME, normal name, and FANTASY NAME. Sign me up for that poo poo, I yearn to quake at the power of grand imperial legate Steve.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

I low key love it when authors are like gently caress it, our heros are FANTASY NAME, FANTASY NAME, normal name, and FANTASY NAME. Sign me up for that poo poo, I yearn to quake at the power of grand imperial legate Steve.

it's grand imperial legate steve'mraine

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

https://wot-prime.fandom.com/wiki/Steve

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

To be fair it's Matrim, not actually Mat.

Also I can't help but read/hear Rand Al'Thor as Randal Thor :allears:

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Seriously- if you live in a world were curses are a real thing and you go into a cursed city that's obviously cursed, and the Wizard Bodyguard™ tells you not to touch anything- you gotta be a special type of dumb to loot anything from there...

Okay but hear me out - it was made of gold (?) and had a big rear end ruby in it

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I, for one, definitely want a cool rear end gold dagger with a giant ruby in it

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

In the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the legendary wizard-king of the bygone age of wonders is the High Lord Kevin. Kevin Landwaster, in full.

I am convinced this is the absolute pinnacle of this trend.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Okay but hear me out - it was made of gold (?) and had a big rear end ruby in it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mat is obviously getting cool powers from the dagger and honestly that's pretty neat, i don't blame him

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

mat is obviously getting cool powers from the dagger and honestly that's pretty neat, i don't blame him

yeah black liquid or whatever coming out of your mouth sounds like a great time.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Uh spoiler

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Cursed Guinness explains my 20s actually

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It happened this episode. or are you talking to someone else?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Barreft posted:

It happened this episode. or are you talking to someone else?

what he's doing is called a joke

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ChubbyChecker posted:

what he's doing is called a joke

You can never tell since so many people post spoilers here

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah for a second I thought he had done it but once voldamort showed up it was pretty clear he didn’t do it.

See, I'm still not convinced! I know it's meant to be interpreted that way, but I think the show writers could twist it up a bit.

I teared up over the little girl.

I like how Perrin is finding some solace in the Tinker Grandma's beliefs system. I could see him taking well to that whole life and philosophy, but he's a major character and loving off to join the hippie nomads doesn't seem to jive with that.

What's up with the wolves?

I remember enough of the books I kinda read over a decade ago (the first 3, maybe?) that I know how some stuff is going to maybe play out, but the show is doing a really good job of making me a) doubt my memories and b) doubt my predictions.

Edit: poo poo, the dagger's cursed? So the story about Owyn might just be a big red herring for the audience? Huh.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 30, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I like the other characters just fine but I’m not sure I care for soulless Anakin very much.

I dunno maybe he will grow on me but for now he’s the worst of the bunch.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

I like the other characters just fine but I’m not sure I care for soulless Anakin very much.

I dunno maybe he will grow on me but for now he’s the worst of the bunch.

agreed he has had the least to do so far and I hope they give him a few scenes where he gets to shine

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

my cat is norris posted:

Edit: poo poo, the dagger's cursed? So the story about Owyn might just be a big red herring for the audience? Huh.

Dagger is clearly fine, look how the Fade was scared of it

Anything the bad guys don't like that much is probably fine right?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

my cat is norris posted:

I remember enough of the books I kinda read over a decade ago (the first 3, maybe?) that I know how some stuff is going to maybe play out, but the show is doing a really good job of making me a) doubt my memories and b) doubt my predictions.

the people who have actually read the entire series, including recently, are pretty much in the same boat because none of us have any idea how they plan to put this all together, so you're not alone lmao

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
the black poo poo in Shadar Logoth swallowing a horse was pretty awesome and would have worked really well in a Silent Hill movie

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

e: lol i get it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The dagger contains potassium benzoate

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sab669 posted:

I'm a simple man, all I need is a good toe knife and I'm happy.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Data Graham posted:

The dagger contains potassium benzoate

Can I go now :ohdear:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

LentThem posted:

the black poo poo in Shadar Logoth swallowing a horse was pretty awesome and would have worked really well in a Silent Hill movie

Yeah that was a pretty dope effect, especially once the body turned mostly to ash but the head was still living.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

way better than the first three eps. They should try letting Perrin say a line or two maybe, or even do a facial expression beyond furrowing his brow. In all honesty I don't super care for how the magic looks but it's not bad enough to matter. wish we could have spent a little longer not constantly traveling so we could learn a little more about our ostensible protagonists and not their setting but I have more faith that'll happen now. Finally I get that the show wants me to be interested in nynaeve and lan but unfortunately the dynamic between him and moiraine is far more magnetic and interesting on screen.

Amazon X-ray is bar none the stupidest addition a streaming service has yet made and they ought to at least put the animated shorts in as standalone videos you can select like a trailer. I don't think lore codices were a thing the tv watching experience needed but they should at least make it intuitively accessible.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 30, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rand is obviously the Dragon Reborn because with all the diversity in casting he's still the most Anglowy Saxon who ever saxed.

Virgin Rand vs the Chad Perrin friend of random wolves

I'm assuming the wolves chased the Chad Perrin since they were trying to get them safety ?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Valentin posted:

way better than the first three eps. They should try letting Perrin say a line or two maybe, or even do a facial expression beyond furrowing his brow. In all honesty I don't super care for how the magic looks but it's not bad enough to matter. wish we could have spent a little longer not constantly traveling so we could learn a little more about our ostensible protagonists and not their setting but I have more faith that'll happen now. Finally I get that the show wants me to be interested in nynaeve and lan but unfortunately the dynamic between him and moiraine is far more magnetic and interesting on screen.

Amazon X-ray is bar none the stupidest addition a streaming service has yet made and they ought to at least put the animated shorts in as standalone videos you can select like a trailer. I don't think lore codices were a thing the tv watching experience needed but they should at least make it intuitively accessible.

Yeah it sucks. the xrays explain a ton but theres no way to share them or anything besides either screenshotting or using your phone

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Rand is obviously the Dragon Reborn because with all the diversity in casting he's still the most Anglowy Saxon who ever saxed.

Sounds like something that'll get you a beating at the pub in Dublin boyo.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Ta'veren is Old Tongue for white male privilege.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Dagger is clearly fine, look how the Fade was scared of it

Anything the bad guys don't like that much is probably fine right?

Yeah, I bet those Whitecloaks are real friendly too :downs:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Xray existing is cool but they should absolutely all be archived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Reik posted:

Ta'veren is Old Tongue for white male privilege.

Man, it would rule if he ends up the villain and the show is like, 'didn't see that coming did you, you loving racists?"