Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BrigadierSensible posted:

Miz is cooler than Edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Both of them are powerfully uncool.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Good to see wwe taking precautions with the new covid variant and reducing capacity at their live shows

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i feel like 2016-19 era SD! did a decent job of disguising smaller crowds, there's that one infamous photo of Becky cutting a promo where the hard cam side of the arena is completely tarped off

e: found it

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Box Office Draw of the Year, Roman Reigns, everybody

Perhaps this was taken after Roman left

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/draconIANdays/status/1465683111077990409?s=20

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i assume she said paul - triple h - not paul 'triple h'. but i haven't heard it. i can't say.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Edge looks and sounds rough.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ha, yo Jimmy hit me with that Paul Triple H.
WOM WOM WOM WOM!
WOM WOM WOM WOM!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

i feel like 2016-19 era SD! did a decent job of disguising smaller crowds, there's that one infamous photo of Becky cutting a promo where the hard cam side of the arena is completely tarped off

e: found it

Before the second brand split and then at points after it but before the move to Fox Smackdown was doing house shows with like 1,500 people in the crowd and tapings with 2,500-3,500. Those photos were not outliers. AEW getting close to live event parity makes WWE's current crowds look bad but it was so much worse pre-Fox.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It must be so weird to be in those crowds and just be staring at wrestlers’ asses all night while they perform to the empty side of the arena

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

History Comes Inside! posted:

It must be so weird to be in those crowds and just be staring at wrestlers’ asses all night while they perform to the empty side of the arena

It is, especially when multiple people plus a prop are in the ring all facing away from you. I sort of figured most of the seats around the cam itself werent available to purchase, and that the first row on that side is usually where “fans” involved with the show sit and/or fans who wrestlers come up and hug/chat with. To me that side should be what comes up when you search for best available tickets (assuming you go in that fast).

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Back when I went, this is why I always preferred sitting on the hard cam side. Yeah, you're not on TV, but at least all the performers are acting towards you.

Dansu
Jun 26, 2000
Forum Veteran

Lid posted:

Its already a common the supply is srtificially suppressed! Hell reprint at uncommon like Grey Merchant.

But they did reprint it in Double Masters at uncommon recently. It's only like $1.50 now.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Box Office Draw of the Year, Roman Reigns, everybody

the big dawg wasn't lying about being a needle-mover, he was just confused about the direction

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My favorite out of context news photo today in a story about market contagion:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Think about being a kid or a hardcore mark who is super into WWE and believe it's the biggest loving thing on earth and you go to your first Raw or Smackdown and... it's all fake. The crowd size, the noise, the party atmosphere, all fake.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1465727571124015108?s=21

Looks like they learned not to include dollar values on this meme template like last time when everyone in the $1 row got angry

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why does Gargano look like that?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he just read his next contract offer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And to think the Barclays was completely sold out in 2015 for the first Brooklyn Takeover.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He knows he's gone in 1.5 weeks

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

trrrummo h

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Just farted

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1465727571124015108?s=21

Looks like they learned not to include dollar values on this meme template like last time when everyone in the $1 row got angry

should I know who more than half of these people are? because, uh,

also holy poo poo Roddy looks ooooooold now

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I miss the Performance Center shows. And the Thunderdome shows. At least it was something interesting.

Remember when people were like “they are just saving the good feuds for when they are back in front of live crowds. That’s why they keep having rematches”. lol

Dango Bango posted:

WWE using promos to convince everyone of wage suppression is incredible.

It’s kind of disgusting.

If you’re not following WWE closely and just a casual fan you’re probably oblivious to how many people actually have been fired. Like how many people are wondering when The Fiend is going to return? Or does it make you think that people we haven’t seen like Alexa Bliss have been fired?

So if they script a line that’s like “your big contract is the reason my friends were fired!”, you are either a) someone that has no idea what Liv is taking about, or b) just reminded that WWE fired a bunch of people during a pandemic just to make their quarterly profits break even with the previous year. Like it doesn’t put heat on Becky. Its just gross.

I also find it in bad taste that Vince is back doing promos about firing people over an egg right after firing people.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Julio Cruz posted:

should I know who more than half of these people are? because, uh,

also holy poo poo Roddy looks ooooooold now

I can honestly recognize 9 out of those 16

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

https://twitter.com/mondovegaga/status/1465729408048586753?s=21

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I can honestly recognize 9 out of those 16

6 definites (Ciampa, O'Reilly, Gargano, Roddy, Dunne and Dexter), two whose WWE names I can't think of (Eli Drake and Trevor Lee) and I'm assuming the guy bottom left is Bronn Breakker because he looks exactly like a young Scott Steiner

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

My son's name is also Paul "Triple H"

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Trying to complete that picture list, I want to say it's

Ciampa - KOR - Odyssey Jones - Chase Something?
Gargano - lovely Little Boots - Tony D'Angelo - Eli Knight
Cameron Hayes - Dunne - ? - Also Chase Something?
Steiner - Lumis - Sefa Fatu (another Uso) - Grimes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the chase somethings are both chasyn rance

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

thanks for the lovely game of guess who? i guess

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does he have a stupid loving hat?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Architect of inclusivity in the mud, not even included in the war games fantasy booking smh

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Dansu posted:

But they did reprint it in Double Masters at uncommon recently. It's only like $1.50 now.

I just wanted to mention I pulled an Oubliette from The List slot and I felt really proud.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does he have a stupid loving hat?

*sighs, flips all but two*

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Island of relevancy with the buds. Architect of inclusivity in the mud.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Triple H’s mind has been uploaded to a computer mainframe at WWE HQ.

His body is dead. They cremated it months ago.

He lives on in cyberspace. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012