Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Over ten years of the SA JRE thread. I wonder if anybody listening in 2010 could have predicted his trajectory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Goddamn, that movie would rule

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Lampsacus posted:

Over ten years of the SA JRE thread. I wonder if anybody listening in 2010 could have predicted his trajectory.

I mean Joe believed the moon landing was fake, 9/11 was an inside job, and Atlantis was a real place. Maybe it was only a matter of time before his DMT-addled brain started defending fascism.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Probably posted about it before but my introduction to Joe outside of his acting was a blog post where he posted a really hilariously old and wrong "magic bullet" diagram showing the bullet curving around to hit both Kennedy and Connally when in reality they were lined up perfectly. This was long before JRE existed but the man's brain has always been mush.

Also the cash me outside girl won't be old enough to be president then.

Also also you cut off where he used cry laughing emojis when he posted that.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've said before in this thread, but Joe's best looked at as a gullible little brother. The amount of things he is learned in his 40's that I knew when I was 11 is kind of stunning. He graduated high school, which kind of shows you how much a high school diploma is worth.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I remember him reading an article (Jamie pull that up) during one podcast and he got to the word "bulwark" and was completely thrown, like he just read antidisestablishmentarianism.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I recall several words he didn't know existed.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

My favorite was when he was talking about Round Up and said, "I wonder how many people have even heard of Round Up".

I bet a whole bunch of people, Joe.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I want my crab salts

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

My favorite one was when Bari Weiss said "toady" and Rogan asked her what it meant she couldn't define it and then misspelled it.

She was NYT op-ed editor at the time.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Derek from MPMD is on today. I might listen for the first time since the last time he had Alex Honnold on and will report back on the timestamp where they start complaining about trans people

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I got bored when they stopped talking about steroids after a few minutes so we will never find out the timestaml

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm just here for the UFO people and scientists. Comedians are hit or miss, you can easily skip half the episode while they complain about cancel culture. The nutritionists seem to be pedaling a lot of woo based on tenuous studies.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This Jocko Willink one is a loving bingo card of played out poo poo that he talks about every day"

HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP!

THERE IS NO 0% VOTER FRAUD!

BIDEN IS SENILE!

edit- christ, i keep fast forwarding

POLICE FUNDING!

VACCINE PASSPORTS!

IVERMECTIN!

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 7, 2021

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Don't forget how terrible L.A. is ("unhoused", shutting everything down, etc.), including how awesome Austin is in comparison (everyone is moving here, comedy places are open, they solved homelessness, etc.). Obesity is the real root cause of all health issues, he was only sick with COVID-19 for one day because he went out drinking and playing pool until 2 AM and then did a bunch of shows surrounded by people and was traveling a lot.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Sand Monster posted:

Don't forget how terrible L.A. is ("unhoused", shutting everything down, etc.), including how awesome Austin is in comparison (everyone is moving here, comedy places are open, they solved homelessness, etc.). Obesity is the real root cause of all health issues, he was only sick with COVID-19 for one day because he went out drinking and playing pool until 2 AM and then did a bunch of shows surrounded by people and was traveling a lot.

Is standup comedy / bands really not started again yet in LA?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

This Jocko Willink one is a loving bingo card of played out poo poo that he talks about every day"

Did Joe create this guy because I'd never heard of him until a JRE clip popped up on my YouTube homepage probably years back because I'm not sure how a hideous former troop with a stupid name would've got an audience with him.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

wooger posted:

I'm not sure. It's probably open. Disneyland is. I just know that Joe's hostility towards LA seems that it can be distilled down to, "they shut down my comedy clubs".

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Did Joe create this guy because I'd never heard of him until a JRE clip popped up on my YouTube homepage probably years back because I'm not sure how a hideous former troop with a stupid name would've got an audience with him.

Pretty much. Hes part of the crop of former Seals that all started writing books after the guy who killed Bin Laden came out with his book. Hes also apparently a big jiu-jitsu guy which is like dudebro catnip to Rogan.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
loving lmao, if you showed me this picture and told me this dude's name was loving Jocko Willink, I'd be like "of course it is."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mister Speaker posted:

loving lmao, if you showed me this picture and told me this dude's name was loving Jocko Willink, I'd be like "of course it is."

banned from Starbucks posted:

Pretty much. Hes part of the crop of former Seals that all started writing books after the guy who killed Bin Laden came out with his book. Hes also apparently a big jiu-jitsu guy which is like dudebro catnip to Rogan.

Wonder how many of these replacement-level lunks have careers thanks to Joe.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Mister Speaker posted:

:ortiz:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Literally every military uniform photograph looks hilarious. When my buddy joined the Marines and showed me his all I could do was laugh. I think it's the hats.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Mister Speaker posted:

Literally every military uniform photograph looks hilarious. When my buddy joined the Marines and showed me his all I could do was laugh. I think it's the hats.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

banned from Starbucks posted:

Jocko did an interview on Tim Ferriss's podcast in 2015, followed shortly thereafter by ones with Rogan and Sam Harris. They all advised him to start his own podcast, so he did. Now he's the Discipline Guy.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Zugzwang posted:

Now he's the Discipline Guy.

The hentai?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

If I didn't already know this was Adam Driver, I'd be like "whoa you know my buddy who joined the marines too?"

I think all marines just look like that.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This week he had a quack doctor on who is well known for spreading covid misinformation. Joe's Instagram is just spamming how much people are listening to this podcast.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

This week he had a quack doctor on who is well known for spreading covid misinformation. Joe's Instagram is just spamming how much people are listening to this podcast.

A quack doctor who'd just been on Weinstein's podcast. An ouroboros of poo poo.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

wooger posted:

Shows have been going for months and months. The big difference is LA city council enacted a mandate that went live a couple months ago that required proof of vaccination. So basically Nazi Germany I guess.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Jocko did that awful Good motivational video. The same video joe used to cut off a story Everlast was telling about his daughter dying from MS or something.

Reddit is awful, but if you want to go to a place that absolutely rips into all these comedians/grifters, check out the fighter and the kid subreddit. Its beautiful, and highly recommended.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The Decoding the Gurus podcast finally released an episode on Rogan. They chose the episode he did recently with Jocko. Highly recommended listening. Also a solid podcast in general.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

lmao joe rogan is a whiny bitch
https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1475487176452448257

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Joe "don't put in the newspaper that I got mad" Rogan

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Joe "Tim Pool is not alt right" Rogan

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

lmao just take the L joe. Say you're wrong and move on
https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/1481638689415462916

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

CBD Corndog posted:

Several guests have told him this undeniable fact, yet he still goes on about myocarditis.

I also enjoyed earlier in the podcast

Joe: "what kind of North Korean prison is Australia right now?"
Zepps: "everything is fine and normal. It's only alt-right grifters making up that stuff"

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 14, 2022

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

CBD Corndog posted:

Relax, he was just "winging it":

https://mobile.twitter.com/joerogan/status/1481832468651122689

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 14, 2022

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The podcast Decoding the Gurus just dropped an episode about Rogan's McCollough and Malone episodes and just listening to the clips made me grind my teeth I can't imagine sitting through the entire episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

At some point the next time Duncan is on he is going to cite something like the #thankyoujoerogan hashtag and tell Joe he is basically the leader of a cult now or at least say the phrase "that's cult poo poo, man" and Joe is going to say "yeah but it's a good cult" :toxx: