Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

i got one of the "you have progressed this far into the game" achievements in final fantasy 5 and steam says that only 2.2 percent of players have gotten it. i may be playing these pixel remasters too much.

everyone else is not playing them enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's so good

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

buffalo all day posted:

100% this and the dlc rules too

yuffies so fun to play as

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
if ff7r doesnt get ported to pc in 2022 im going to omnislash sony hq with my screams and tears

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i still need to finish yuffie dlc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Harrow posted:

It's so good

it has everything i ever wanted in a FF7 remake and more... cant wait for part 2...

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

i got one of the "you have progressed this far into the game" achievements in final fantasy 5 and steam says that only 2.2 percent of players have gotten it. i may be playing these pixel remasters too much.

A lot of people buy remasters like this and don't play them lol you're cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i will pirate the rom and play it on my mister and even use the ancient fan patch

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

mysterious loyall X posted:

i will pirate the rom and play it on my mister and even use the ancient fan patch

You know Japanese, why would you need a translation patch?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Caithness posted:

You know Japanese, why would you need a translation patch?

for the Feels

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

pretty sure i'm going to miss out on the "adventurous wayfarer" achievement in ff5 because i just got to the Rift and didn't get it :(

e: nm, it was just a little delayed.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 25, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

does anyone know what section of the castle in the rift you can find yojimbo? i'd forgotten that everything in the final dungeon does some kind of instant death attack, it's exhausting. i might try to steal a few of the swords but i want to know where it's best to find them.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

does anyone know what section of the castle in the rift you can find yojimbo? i'd forgotten that everything in the final dungeon does some kind of instant death attack, it's exhausting. i might try to steal a few of the swords but i want to know where it's best to find them.

castle in the sky iirc. specifically th bit with floating platforms i think

e: ah its actually in the castle itself

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 25, 2021

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh yeah if youre having trouble go buy some hermes shoes, they give haste and precent paralyze, slow, stop, and uhh a couple other things i think. they sell them in mirage, best accessory in the game for sure, makes a lot of the random encounters in the rift and void less dangerous

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

oh yeah if youre having trouble go buy some hermes shoes, they give haste and precent paralyze, slow, stop, and uhh a couple other things i think. they sell them in mirage, best accessory in the game for sure, makes a lot of the random encounters in the rift and void less dangerous

yeah, hermes shoes own. i have a couple but i foolishly spent my money on rings to fight omega.

there are a couple of enemy groups that do Death Claw and something that does zombie that are driving me nuts, especially because putting !Mug and !Time on my guys is less than ideal for what i'd normally do. i'm in the castle but i haven't run into a single yojimbo, might just be having some rum luck.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

The outside portion of the castle, they aren't particularly rare unless PR changed the encounter table considerably (23% chance to show up)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUy1md7C6KAhhtLOVAk3BoRtcwIJjnkCiAlIY7_-Qec/edit#gid=909357084 is very useful for figuring out where things show up and how hard they are to find (and how you can manipulate them into showing up if you're on GBA)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

The outside portion of the castle, they aren't particularly rare unless PR changed the encounter table considerably (23% chance to show up)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fUy1md7C6KAhhtLOVAk3BoRtcwIJjnkCiAlIY7_-Qec/edit#gid=909357084 is very useful for figuring out where things show up and how hard they are to find (and how you can manipulate them into showing up if you're on GBA)

thanks, this is awesome

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

squaresoft really did love pulling that move didn't they, 2 had basically one enemy at the end with instakill but it showed up in massive groups in almost every random encounter

I finally started playing 5, this port owns too. I've liked all of them so far.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i know only a handful of imps play, but i’m pretty excited for ffxiv endwalker on friday. not playing for a full year really helped my burn out and increased my hype levels

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i resubbed and updated but i haven't been able to bring myself to finish the post ShB msq stuff like i planned. teleporting somewhere and talking to someone feels like a big effort. maybe it's the fact i have 2 or 3 sidequest chains sitting around on my screen making me feel overburdened. also my bags are full of worthless crap and i don't want to throw any of it away. 3 maple logs? might need those later.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sell the maple logs. If you need more later, buy them.

Some of my so-called friends prevailed upon me to start playing that game recently, and I'm having a good time, but I'm still so early in it that the release of a new expansion means nothing to me except that it'll be harder to log in.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bongo Bill posted:

Sell the maple logs.

no.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I keep meaning to play ff14 with my girlfriend or something, seems like a cozy game to play together, always said I'd try it when they finally reviewed the base game and got rid of lots of the filler and stuff. And then I didn't

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They got rid of a lot of filler but ARR is still a real slog for some people. Even removing a bunch of stuff it's still pretty slow-paced and really long

Some people love it, though. I know I've seen new FFXIV players say that FFXIV vets really overstated how bad ARR is.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Harrow posted:

They got rid of a lot of filler but ARR is still a real slog for some people. Even removing a bunch of stuff it's still pretty slow-paced and really long

Some people love it, though. I know I've seen new FFXIV players say that FFXIV vets really overstated how bad ARR is.

It's the immediate post ARR part that really drags, ARR itself isn't too bad.

In any case, Endwalker hype time, imp FC gonna be popping!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think if you have a partner to play at a chill pace with, ARR isn't so bad. It's when people are just trying to rush to the end to join friends in raiding or whatever that the main story seems awful. And overall the story is amazing, and a lot of little things set up in ARR actually make sense and get followed up on and stuff, so it's really worth going through.

Man I'm in way too deep on this game, I'm scared to check my total hours played.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Martman posted:

Man I'm in way too deep on this game, I'm scared to check my total hours played.

I've been playing since 2013 and the number still shocked me. And no I will not publicly divulge it. But it's very high.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kongming posted:

I've been playing since 2013 and the number still shocked me. And no I will not publicly divulge it. But it's very high.

Tell me the number.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mmos should have ness's dad calling you every few hours to take a break

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mbt posted:

Mmos should have ness's dad calling you every few hours to take a break

FFXI had a disclaimer when logging in asking you to please not forget to go to school/work.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Well turns out Endwalker is good, who would have guessed it

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

maybe i'll get to it later.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i wasn’t that thrilled about resubbing either, but once i did, i got hooked again. please look forward to it!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i resubbed several weeks ago

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My wife asked me once if there was a way to see hours played in FFXIV and I told her I don't think so.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

My wife asked me once if there was a way to see hours played in FFXIV and I told her I don't think so.

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

infiltratng square's server center mission impossible style to set your time played to 20 minutes so your imp wife doesnt leave you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Fungah! posted:

infiltratng square's server center mission impossible style to set your time played to 20 minutes so your imp wife doesnt leave you

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ferris and Cameron rolling back the hours played before Cameron's dad gets home