Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

drat fine friend you got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Dats a good dog.

They're all good dogs, Marcus. 12/10

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

RFC2324 posted:

Username/post synergy off the scale here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmTGGpb5_Cw&t=17s

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

RFC2324 posted:

drat fine friend you got there.

She's a service puppy my girlfriend is fostering and soon she'll have to go off to dog college and leave us, I cry every time I remember :(

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Imgur assigned the file name. I'm not a Nazi.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Kirk Vikernes posted:

that cute dog better not be named Blondi

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

alf_pogs posted:

that cute dog better not be named Blondi

Why would you assume that about Lil' Himmler

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Kirk Vikernes posted:

You say that, but you also named your account Vikernes. :thunk:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Brandfarlig posted:

You say that, but you also named your account Vikernes. :thunk:

Fair enough...lol.

BTW, his name is Newton and he's now about 35lbs. He's a pretty good dog minus the fact that he eats anything that's not bolted down.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

She's a service puppy my girlfriend is fostering and soon she'll have to go off to dog college and leave us, I cry every time I remember :(

but otoh that probably means there will be a new one to foster after and love on, and you get the knowledge that you are helping the people who need the dogs as well as loving the dog itself.

being a service dog has to be the best life, they are guaranteed taken care of, and get a job they love.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

also she could flunk out... my mum has a friend with 4 golden retrievers, all of them she fostered and then adopted after they washed out of guide dog school

theyre very good dogs, just not suited for seeing-eye work

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Also a dog college degree isn't everything, plenty of dogs make a good living after going through dog trade school

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

also she could flunk out... my mum has a friend with 4 golden retrievers, all of them she fostered and then adopted after they washed out of guide dog school

I mean, they are still guaranteed taken care of, and if they weren't suited to the pressures of a high demand job they are probably happier that way

I wish I could just drop out and be taken care of

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Not all dogs dream of labor.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

but otoh that probably means there will be a new one to foster after and love on, and you get the knowledge that you are helping the people who need the dogs as well as loving the dog itself.

being a service dog has to be the best life, they are guaranteed taken care of, and get a job they love.

This has been my method of getting over the last dog, I just get a new puppy to raise. On number three now. And I got to meet the person my first dog went to work for (with?) which made everything worth it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Not all dogs dream of labor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny6n3wF--Yc

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Metis of the Hallways posted:

This has been my method of getting over the last dog, I just get a new puppy to raise. On number three now. And I got to meet the person my first dog went to work for (with?) which made everything worth it.

:unsmith:

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

it's weird, we want her to succeed and go be a wonderful service dog, but also want her to fail and stay here forever.

I say we but frankly I just get to be the nerd stepdad, all the dog none of the responsibility.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Dec 4, 2021

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

There is an anti vaxxer up to three accounts posting in the GBS covid thread. Not sure if there are more on the way or not.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Another anti-vaxxer rereg has hit the covid thread!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Why Get A Covid Vaccine When You Can Spend Over Thirty Dollars On An Irrelevant Forum And Never Shut The gently caress Up About It?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
come for the insane anti vaxxer, stay for the guy who cant stop spamming his blog

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

come for the insane anti vaxxer, stay for the guy who cant stop spamming his blog

Meanwhile in D&D there's some doofus using a home-brewed "COVID Simulator" video game to predict how dangerous the latest variant will be. And of course it's the mod who's the jerk for probating this obviously sane and sober epidemiologist.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Meanwhile in D&D there's some doofus using a home-brewed "COVID Simulator" video game to predict how dangerous the latest variant will be. And of course it's the mod who's the jerk for probating this obviously sane and sober epidemiologist.

Sounds like you’re mad someone is being helpful in a non-standard way

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arivia posted:

Are you saying there's not something weird about using a video game to predict a pandemic?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Arivia posted:

There's nothing helpful about doing the digital equivalent of reading the tea leaves and wrapping it up in scientific language.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Are you saying there's not something weird about using a video game to predict a pandemic?

The developer of Plague Inc. was invited to speak at the CDC, and the CDC was interested in the plague-like thing that spread in WoW due to a bug, so it wouldn’t be the craziest thing. The line between “video game” and “simulation” isn’t that straightforward a lot of times.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

No? Statistical models are a big part of prediction. Now, let me check who is actually getting probated in D&D…ah, someone is getting a nice long probe for the “unhinged personal attacks and doxxing” on another poster whose proof of being a MD is printouts stuck to their fridge with magnets. Wow, that probated poster must have said something horrible - no they just pointed out the fridge degrees look like easily falsified online samples.

Yes, someone running their own pandemic models is definitely the problem with moderation in that thread right now, you’re correct.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Arivia posted:

saving this quote for the next time the fascist thugs at the medical licensing board shut down my office

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Subjunctive posted:

The developer of Plague Inc. was invited to speak at the CDC, and the CDC was interested in the plague-like thing that spread in WoW due to a bug, so it wouldn’t be the craziest thing. The line between “video game” and “simulation” isn’t that straightforward a lot of times.

Neither of these involve the game developer making predictions about the spread of a specific real disease.

There can be more than one thing wrong with thread moderation simultaneously.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Arivia posted:

No? Statistical models are a big part of prediction. Now, let me check who is actually getting probated in D&D…ah, someone is getting a nice long probe for the “unhinged personal attacks and doxxing” on another poster whose proof of being a MD is printouts stuck to their fridge with magnets. Wow, that probated poster must have said something horrible - no they just pointed out the fridge degrees look like easily falsified online samples.

Yes, someone running their own pandemic models is definitely the problem with moderation in that thread right now, you’re correct.

Sure you do know a thing or two about dubious academical titles, don't you?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

qnqnx posted:

Sure you do know a thing or two about dubious academical titles, don't you?

No, I don’t. But I can certainly tell Vincent he’s whining about the wrong modding problem in the covid thread.

Also if “reading the tea leaves” was unhelpful and worthless serious discussion forums like D&D are without merit and should be completely shut down I suppose.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

speaking of plagues and videogames and simulations have any of yohu heard of Pathologic 2? its a game that will likely go on sale during the holidays and you should buy it

bye :thanks:

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Arivia posted:

Also if “reading the tea leaves” was unhelpful and worthless serious discussion forums like D&D are without merit and should be completely shut down I suppose.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arivia posted:

we can dream

cspam too

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

RFC2324 posted:

we can dream

cspam too

Where would the goonfund thread go then?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

we can dream

cspam too

Yeah I’d miss a lot of my favorite threads (including D&D ones) but okay discussing current events and how they might turn out is worthless badposting, time to go

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Dongicus posted:

speaking of plagues and videogames and simulations have any of yohu heard of Pathologic 2? its a game that will likely go on sale during the holidays and you should buy it

bye :thanks:

This.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Arivia posted:

Yeah I’d miss a lot of my favorite threads (including D&D ones) but okay discussing current events and how they might turn out is worthless badposting, time to go

you’re on a roll now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

you’re on a roll now

I’ve got my one hour of energy before the post-covid symptoms kick in again it’s nice to feel human for a tiny part of the day