Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

For real. When you get to the point where you’re getting drunk five/six nights a week and you stop really having hangovers and instead just get that vague tired feeling and sluggishness and soreness and feel a little mentally fuzzy, combined with just the natural breakdown of the body as you get older, that sounds like exactly the symptoms of Havana syndrome

ive know people who had to drink before/during work otherwise they would shake too badly to do anything at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm senator Joey 'The N Word' and I'm here to tell you to pay your taxes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I wish I lived in the reality they're describing where the Bernie left dominated the party.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

I'm senator Joey 'The N Word' and I'm here to tell you to pay your taxes

so they can say it and I can't? jesus, let me tell you about modern day racism

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

we gotta stop letting a guy named coons be in charge

hmm tell delaware that

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

500 good dogs posted:

regressive taxes are lib poo poo op

Counter point. Massive-scale Public Transit must be implemented now, and in the world with the political will to enact a $10/floor price per gallon, a 10trillion BBB hopes and dreams edition bill would certainly pass.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Mikey ChingChongChinaman from Idaho, not at all Asian, is coming to the podium next to explain why Jan 6 gave him PTSD

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nichael posted:

I wish I lived in the reality they're describing where the Bernie left dominated the party.

we do. the left bernie types in the democratic party instantly and gladly jumped to joe. the most reliable joe voters in 2020 were people who supported bernie. bernie himself abandoned the bernie cause before anyone else and signed up under the blood banner of joe biden

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

icantfindaname posted:

Man DND is loving stupid. Serves me right for posting there
For real, I can’t believe how recently I thought that was the place for serious reasonable discussion, and CSPAM was some nebulous bad place.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

Mikey ChingChongChinaman from Idaho, not at all Asian, is coming to the podium next to explain why Jan 6 gave him PTSD

In the first 15 minutes of my time I will talk about the coffin I was literally going to be buried in if Jan 6 succeeded. In the last 15 minutes I will talk about my conservative friends, the importance of bipartisanship, and how important a strong republican party was for the future of the nation

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bedpan posted:

In the first 15 minutes of my time I will talk about the coffin I was literally going to be buried in if Jan 6 succeeded. In the last 15 minutes I will talk about my conservative friends, the importance of bipartisanship, and how important a strong republican party was for the future of the nation

:hmmyes:

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

bedpan posted:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Azathoth posted:

i was legit considering removing it out of epilepsy concerns. i dunno much about that but a quick google search doesn't give me any info about how i can check if an image is actually harmful or just annoying

No photosensitivity here, but please nuke it. It's worse on than their posts.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Azathoth posted:

i appreciate you letting me know. i think i'm gonna blank it on "i loving hate seeing that" reasons then

Thank you.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/tonyposnanski/status/1466105557861949441?t=LJz5HcbJOQAhXcMnNn2Zsw&s=19

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Let Noob Saibot post, IMO. The thread's been boring lately, what with the Biden admin being a slow-motion train wreck. It could use an antagonist to stir things up a bit, and they don't seem super hateful or anything.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

AmiYumi posted:

For real, I can’t believe how recently I thought that was the place for serious reasonable discussion, and CSPAM was some nebulous bad place.

it's so funny that one of the two politics forums is just chat threads about how America is full of irredeemable white devils who should be unpersoned, and it's the forum of Reasonable Democrats

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Jesus loving Christ, this is all so god damned stupid. I'm not suggesting that the Democrats don't have to do something about it rather than complaining, but I'm just a guy on a dead comedy forum so I'm going to complain. Since when are "help wanted" signs a signal of a bad economy???? 90% of loving economic policy over my entire loving lifetime has been about getting there to be more "help wanted" signs! JOBS JOBS JOBS, right? What the actual gently caress is going on?

I think people just feel like absolute poo poo and we're blaming it on "the economy" when it's actually our rotten culture and a deadly disease that are ruining our lives, not "the economy", but our political culture has given us no way to say "everybody sucks, everything sucks and I'm afraid of dying" except "the economy is bad."

a crack ping heard round the world

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

For real. When you get to the point where you’re getting drunk five/six nights a week and you stop really having hangovers and instead just get that vague tired feeling and sluggishness and soreness and feel a little mentally fuzzy, combined with just the natural breakdown of the body as you get older, that sounds like exactly the symptoms of Havana syndrome

lmao if you aren't

please give me havana syndrome but like send me to cuba

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

is this a fetish

AOCIA
Nov 29, 2021

by sebmojo

Nichael posted:

is this a fetish

humiliation fetish?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

AmiYumi posted:

The biggest difference is if you get in a posting beef in cspam you're allowed to actually throw down about it, and discussions here are a lot more straightforward as a result

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The biggest difference is if you get in a posting beef in cspam you're allowed to actually throw down about it, and discussions here are a lot more straightforward as a result

Cspam as a community also holds people to a standard. It's wild to me that people can reject a lot of established understanding of history, sociology, and economics for their gut feeling that Americans are unreachable animals and get away with it in the serious discussion forum.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nichael posted:

The messaging kind of has, which is why so many people think the BBB plan has free college and loan forgiveness and whatnot. It's because the pelosi 90% of the party stands for nothing at all so they have nothing to talk about

There's what, 300 Dems in between aoc/Bernie and manchin+sinema. What do any of them want besides salt cap repeal

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Yeah this is cool and right it's why i like posting here tbh. Also the weird intracommunity forum posting grudges just don't happen here

It's still weird to me how these forums get their cliques even after 13 years but

We have only one enemy and it is DND. And we didn't ask them to be born stupid or liberal

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Lastgirl posted:

disappearing for a month while your people drown? looks kinda indefensible~
when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that Gavin carried us

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i will fight anyone about anything at all times

except Joe Biden

NPR said he is "pulling out all of the stops to fight Omicron" today

Thank you Joe Biden

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

if someone has nothing to add to the thread but being a boring, weirdo loving troll, then kick the poo poo out of them. it's the same loving principle as with HAU showing up.

an actual lib showing up is at least interesting. "the dems sure are great!!!!" poo poo isnt

Yeah, HAU's posting when he's popped into this thread is basically the most clear-cut example of trolling (in the bad sense) imaginable. They're very transparent about the fact that they're just trying to rile people up.

IMO posting should usually be allowed if the person in question is obviously emotionally invested in what they're saying (which is literally the complete opposite of trolling). D&D operates off of the dumb standard of "anything that riles people up is trolling," and C-SPAM shouldn't start doing that also.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

the right thing to do with libs that wander in here - and this is especially true of the earnest ones - is to let the discussion take its course and everyone have their say. let everyone pile on and call them a dumb baby with poo poo for brains, let the people with a fetish for addressing that garbage with facts and theory have their moment, let the people who want to meta post about c-spam suck all the air out of the room etc etc. basically take a hands off approach until the whole thing is like probably half a page away from burning itself out. then find the most innocuous post the liberal made in the thread and give them a sixer for it

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Gavin?! Has anyone seen my friend Gavin?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
there’s a difference between earnest and is-so-monstrous-that-only-this-thread-recognizes-them-as-liberals

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
everyone lining up to take a number to roast the DSA idiots mad at criticism of it really taught me a lot about the DSA. It was extremely informative.

I now know the DSA is more worthless and stupid than I ever thought possible. Imagine if we had simply probated these babies that were mad and making GBS threads up threads because people were joking about their Model United Nations for Adults being worthless.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Best Friends posted:

it's so funny that one of the two politics forums is just chat threads about how America is full of irredeemable white devils who should be unpersoned, and it's the forum of Reasonable Democrats

"Republicans are all irredeemable white devils who should be unpersoned" would at least still be a coherent ideological stance, except that the Dem leadership that they cherish and revere so much are the prime advocates of "We need to appeal to the sensible moderate Republican voters", "Republicans will have an epiphany and start working with Democrats once Trump is gone", "America needs a strong Republican party", giving eulogies for Strom Thurmond, and endorsing Republican candidates for Congress three years into the Trump presidency.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Catpetter1981 posted:

"Republicans are all irredeemable white devils who should be unpersoned" would at least still be a coherent ideological stance, except that the Dem leadership that they cherish and revere so much are the prime advocates of "We need to appeal to the sensible moderate Republican voters", "Republicans will have an epiphany and start working with Democrats once Trump is gone", "America needs a strong Republican party", giving eulogies for Strom Thurmond, and endorsing Republican candidates for Congress three years into the Trump presidency.

don't forget giving John Mccain a Lord of the Rings funeral

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

everyone lining up to take a number to roast the DSA idiots mad at criticism of it really taught me a lot about the DSA. It was extremely informative.

I now know the DSA is more worthless and stupid than I ever thought possible. Imagine if we had simply probated these babies that were mad and making GBS threads up threads because people were joking about their Model United Nations for Adults being worthless.

after finally getting fed up with the nonstop stupid bullshit coming from every strata of that worthless org I left but nevertheless carried a weird guilt about it for a while, until I found out that one of my wife's friends (a Pete campaigner who is the only person I've ever heard use the term "latinx" out loud in real life) joined and my burden was lifted instantly, as if from a gentle cleansing breeze

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

after finally getting fed up with the nonstop stupid bullshit coming from every strata of that worthless org I left but nevertheless carried a weird guilt about it for a while, until I found out that one of my wife's friends (a Pete campaigner who is the only person I've ever heard use the term "latinx" out loud in real life) joined and my burden was lifted instantly, as if from a gentle cleansing breeze

Did they put the stress on the second syllable like Latino/Latina or did they just say Latin X because the handful of times I’ve heard someone pronounce it in real life they always do the latter which makes no goddamned sense to me

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there’s a difference between earnest and is-so-monstrous-that-only-this-thread-recognizes-them-as-liberals
my post was somewhat tongue in cheek but really for posters like noob sagat you either have to probate them on sight (in which case they will start building a case against you), or take a posture that is basically unpredictable / capricious. half the fun for them is knowing where the line is and going right up to it without crossing over, or only crossing over and catching a punishment when they want to. so take that away from them

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Did they put the stress on the second syllable like Latino/Latina or did they just say Latin X because the handful of times I’ve heard someone pronounce it in real life they always do the latter which makes no goddamned sense to me

100% agreed, and of course it was "Latin X"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rectal Death Adept posted:

don't forget giving John Mccain a Lord of the Rings funeral

And rehabilitating George W. Bush's reputation, and eulogising Colin Powell.