Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

We need a remake of the too many cooks thing from adult swim but too many Cleons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I swore that if For All Mankind did the thing with what's-his-name's wife and the kid I would stop watching. That show's dead to me now. It was completely out of left field and gross.

Yeah that was super gross. I hope they just poo poo can everything about that next season.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah that was super gross. I hope they just poo poo can everything about that next season.

You're going to be lucky if next season doesn't involve a mother daughter threesome scene

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

What exactly did For All Mankind do? I only saw the first season and if there's something really dumb/gross in the 2nd I might just want to not keep going.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Eiba posted:

What exactly did For All Mankind do? I only saw the first season and if there's something really dumb/gross in the 2nd I might just want to not keep going.

Season 2 is fantastic but there is a weird plot line that ended up being dumb and gross.

Spoiler Ed’s wife hooks up with their dead kids best friend who is like 18

Pretty much everything besides that was fantastic.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
That sounds extremely tame

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah it's kind of icky but it's not super insane.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Season 2 is fantastic but there is a weird plot line that ended up being dumb and gross.

Spoiler Ed’s wife hooks up with their dead kids best friend who is like 18

Pretty much everything besides that was fantastic.
Okay. That doesn't sound great, but glad it's not worse. Season 2 is still on my to-watch list. Thanks.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The main issue is that it’s kinda out of nowhere and just kinda gross. It’s like they wanted something for her to do in the season but that’s the best they could come up with.

Besides that season 2 is great and definitely watch it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
i hate when characters do a sex on my favorite shows

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

i hate when characters do a sex on my favorite shows

:confused:

I’m not sure if you read the spoiler or maybe you didn’t actually understand it.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

MarcusSA posted:

The main issue is that it’s kinda out of nowhere and just kinda gross. It’s like they wanted something for her to do in the season but that’s the best they could come up with.

Besides that season 2 is great and definitely watch it.

Yeah it's just sort of a weird Mrs. Robinson plot line, and it seems odd for her character since she never seemed attracted to the guy and she had just spent a bunch of time rebuilding her relationship with her husband. It just doesn't seem like something her character would be that interested in, even if she's no longer the devoted 50s housewife. If they wanted to do that sort of plotline, they should have covered the key-swap culture that was popular in the fighter pilot community throughout that time period.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kaal posted:

Yeah it's just sort of a weird Mrs. Robinson plot line, and it seems odd for her character since she never seemed attracted to the guy kid and she had just spent a bunch of time rebuilding her relationship with her husband. It just doesn't seem like something her character would be that interested in, even if she's no longer the devoted 50s housewife. If they wanted to do that sort of plotline, they should have covered the key-swap culture that was popular in the fighter pilot community throughout that time period.

Yeah at least make it like some other random dude or something. The cheating isn’t really the issue it’s all the other stuff that went with it which took it into wtf territory.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You just don't like living your life in the gray.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah at least make it like some other random dude or something. The cheating isn’t really the issue it’s all the other stuff that went with it which took it into wtf territory.

I think part of it is that the timeline and aging isn't well-communicated. Danny is a 21-year-old college senior at Annapolis when they start their affair, but I think that most viewers still see him as a child.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I also hated when __________ did bad thing on ____________, I only like characters that are pure of heart and immutable

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

MarcusSA posted:

The main issue is that it’s kinda out of nowhere and just kinda gross.

Really? I thought it was extremely obvious all season what was building between those two, in practically every scene that they were in. And yes, it was a creepy-rear end thing to do, but importantly, it was treated that way in-universe. It's not a case of the writers not realizing how hosed up their character beat was. They knew.

But maybe this discussion should go to the actual For All Mankind thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958680

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Then she confesses to it right before he's getting ready to blast off on this super stressful space mission. lol.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Ugh! I won't be watching THAT show, thanks.

Anyway, do you think the Cleons ever kissed or fooled around?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There's no way two cleons haven't plowed at some point.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Brother Day had his spare awakened so he can gently caress himself then it is dusted.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bro, if I had a clone, we are 100% going to get real For Mankind in this bitch

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Can I get a Prime Radiant made with a flared base?

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I like to think in the scene with cleon and the "if I move my hand all your acquaintances are dead.... there its done" that really its an insane act by empire so they kill a few token first contacts then just show cleon the spreadsheet.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I like to think in the scene with cleon and the "if I move my hand all your acquaintances are dead.... there its done" that really its an insane act by empire so they kill a few token first contacts then just show cleon the spreadsheet.

You'd like to think that any action at all on this show generates a realistic human response?

Me too.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ikanreed posted:

You'd like to think that any action at all on this show generates a realistic human response?

Me too.

Salvor seemed as confused and bored as I was. That seemed pretty authentic.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Troopers but its trantor palace guards

"Were we supposed to do something when empire lowered his finger?"

"Shut up, don't ruin this sweet garden guard duty for me"

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

How is it insane? Dictators have killed absurd amounts of people with a flick of the wrist before.
And a paranoid empire like that has most likely millions of henchmen ready to whatever cleon wants.
So just go there and when you get the signal kill these people.

A ruthless emperor killing 1500 people just because is probably the most realistic thing to happen in the show.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Killing 1500 people in an empire of trillions is probably a slow day at the office. The cleons always gave of a Nero vibe.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Considering he ordered an Exterminatus of two entire planets it kind of tells you the scale of how much Cleon can kill and get away with it.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Yeah, considering how long The Empire has been around and the sheer scale of it, killing 1,500 people isn’t given a second thought. Especially since their deaths are seen as an act of retribution for the attempted over throw of the Genetic Dynasty.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 10, 2021

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

you cant make this stuff up folks

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

also, hell naw!!!!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Which one are they saying is the most complex? Because neither of them are.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Which one are they saying is the most complex? Because neither of them are.

the robot lady lol

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/apple-tv-foundation-scene-stealers-2021-demerzel

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 10, 2021

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

show bad etc but like who's the competition?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

you cant make this stuff up folks

I'd watch a Caves of Steel tv series :shrug:

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rutibex posted:

I'd watch a Caves of Steel tv series :shrug:

gently caress yeah, cast Thomas Jane as Elijah Bailey

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

gently caress yeah, cast Thomas Jane as Elijah Bailey

This would be amazing. Who owns the rights to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Almost Human was a one-season show that kind of felt like what a Caves of Steel TV show would be.