Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020

homeless snail posted:

I don't want vtubers play video games sorry, I'm in it for the zatsudans and the utawakus. don't even get me started on the totsumachis

homeless snail posted:

unironic suggestion, maybe you should just watch g gundam

Why haven't I seen you pop up in my stream singing Umi yori mo fukaku and Trust You Forever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQQGyjAI7PU

I also sang Arashi no Naka de Kagayaite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSf5rGK4LqU

-e-

Vtuber snipe

Sumigahara Haseo fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Willo567 posted:

Do you think the guy who thought someone could get pregnant from the butt get that idea from that Jimmy neutron episode where Carl gets rear end pregnant with an alien

Yeah this was probably it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fangz posted:

Sorry for starting this off. I was thinking that maybe some people reading this thread might have been at that con and therefore might want to take some precautions.
genuinely i get that impulse but i think you would have been better off just going 'fyi the new omicron thing was at nyc, if you were there be sure to get checked' or whatever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i can think of a few other things they should be tested for

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

Is the movie part of another series? It seems that way. I just want to see cool gundam fight against each other. Much like zombie series, let me see how they escape and beat the zombies. Don't harp so much on the humanity aspect of a post zombie apocalypse.
Most Gundam series are about the humanity aspect. That's the entire reason Gundam got big back in the 70s and stood out from all the shows that were just a giant robot showing up, beating the monster of the week, and then the episode ends.

That being said, hathaway's flash is part of the main Universal Century timeline, which started with the original TV series and continued through several more television series and movies.

if you want a gundam series that is mostly focused on giant robots punching each other, Mobile Fighter G Gundam would be more your speed, I think. It is enemy of the week for the first half and while it gets a slight environmental message at the end it's still mostly paced like a shonen anime or a kung-fu movie, not so much a war drama. There's a bit of political commentary in there but it's never really all that talky save one or two episodes.

Gundam Build Fighters is a spinoff where the gundams are literally toys and people battle them in arenas. It's very kids' toy advertisement, like Medabots, but the action is extremely well animated and the characters are fun, and it at least plays up the 'buy the toys' angle for some funny jokes.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 3, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also the first Build Fighters series, where mini giant robot fighting is a sport

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm going to pretend i got caught by the edit adding GBF

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sadly two of the three sequels to build fighters arent very good (try is still well animated but has much more annoying writing, divers is just kinda bland in general), and the one thats decent again (rerise) also has less robot fighting since its mostly a character thing. there's still some decent fighting in it tho.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

TV Zombie posted:

Is the movie part of another series? It seems that way. I just want to see cool gundam fight against each other. Much like zombie series, let me see how they escape and beat the zombies. Don't harp so much on the humanity aspect of a post zombie apocalypse.

most gundam shows are either war dramas or hero dramas. in general, expect them to be at least 70% angsty teens or twenty-somethings agonizing over personal conflicts and the fact that they keep semi-willingly getting into battles to the death

i feel like gundam shows that are part of the continuity of the original Gundam (like Hathaway's Flash) tend to be worse about that, since the setting's been milked to death at this point. no reason to use it anymore except to get self-referential and tie stuff in to thirty years of previous angsty plot points

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

TV Zombie posted:

If you wanna see certified Cool Gundams fight, watch g gundam. Watch it again if you have. G Gundam has the highest unique gundam density per episode of any gundam (UGD/EP).

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

except most of them suck rear end

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Patware posted:

except most of them suck rear end

What the gently caress

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a shitload of the robots in g gundam suck rear end!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they are all great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Patware posted:

a shitload of the robots in g gundam suck rear end!
them sucking is whats good about them

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i will not say they are good, merely that every series has its zakrellos and such

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Nothing about g gundam is bad. The British orbital colony is a galleon in a space bottle. The Mexican one is a sombrero.

Literally everything about g gundam is loving perfect

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43LCg8F2T4k

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no gundam is perfect, except maybe turn a

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

turn a is easily the best of the half dozen i've seen, though i suspect i'll like build fighters and ibo too once i get around to them

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

dogsicle posted:

no gundam is perfect, except maybe turn a

Tomino cucked Sochie for his own pleasure. She died alone in a retro futurist dome cottage designed by famed futurist and designer Syd Mead on the moon

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ok hang on lets be clear

a lot of those machines own, like the nether gundam and the jester gundam

its that band where they're not making a protag gundam but also not all the way in absurdity, THOSE suck rear end

EDIT: what the gently caress tabletops

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tabletops posted:

Tomino cucked Sochie for his own pleasure. She died alone in a retro futurist dome cottage designed by famed futurist and designer Syd Mead on the moon

you have two paths:

1) after Dianna's obviously impending death, Loran returns and their relationship proceeds

2) a further forked path where all the options are various flavors of not caring that much, for reasons like Sochie is still a teenager so relationships can and do fail without being catastrophic. or that Loran probably is not a great fit for her. etc.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah idk it's not really like loran and sochie being a thing was something the story was building to. it's a good moment for the raw intensity of how she feels after everything that's happened but turn-a's ending is the most about moving on of any gundam, and she hasn't really had her future cut off for her

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for five years i thought miashei died in the final battle and the ending of turn-a had sochie pointing a gun at guin and then merrybell stepping in front of him to protect him and sochie backing down and tossing the gun into the ocean after theyve left, and then the crying at the moon shot. zero idea how this false memory came to be.

anyway sochie's ending is the emotional core of turn-a and if she had any kind of resolution it'd be much weaker. her future is open to her but her pain is also finally flowing out. no matter what, the moon will always be there. i think that quote is from turn-a and not x. it might be from x.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

*bleaching my eyes*

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

Tabletops posted:

Nothing about g gundam is bad. The British orbital colony is a galleon in a space bottle. The Mexican one is a sombrero.

Literally everything about g gundam is loving perfect

g gundam absolutely does not give a single gently caress, and it's amazing for it

it leads into absurdity on every level

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dogsicle posted:

i will not say they are good, merely that every series has its zakrellos and such

Zakrellos rule

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

was SD gundam good

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

For all this talk of it, I’m hoping gundam g is on either prime, Netflix or YouTube otherwise it will always be unknown to me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Crunchyroll has it iirc but i think someone mentioned a few eps showing up on the Gundam YouTube channel recently

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Christ are all these vtubers vids an hour long minimum?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah looks like they have 10 eps of G up atm

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-WmebqzUEeAeaaWlkHoDpq

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

they're hours long streams, they arent uploading videos for the sake of being videos, theyre streamers who upload archives of their streams.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

TV Zombie posted:

no

https://youtu.be/TqgohUex2q4

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...

TV Zombie posted:

some make short vids too, some don't

a lot of vtubers tend to be streamers, and the big corporate ones are generally required by contract to stream a certain number of hours per week

the biggest addicts who watch the streams religiously will clip out bits they think are funny and interesting, and post them up as separate videos. most people just watch those clips since they're usually a few minutes long instead of a few hours long

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kizuna ai and himehina are still around, if you want short form vtuber content. they do stream also nowadays though

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Namtab posted:

I can confirm that I got the invite

the system works

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

subscribe to the channel hololive English shorts to view short clips featuring hololive English myth, council, and irys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

peetubers