Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I saw him advertising towels today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Twelve by Pies posted:

He also claims he has some super secret lawsuit he's going to reveal Any Day Now, in fact I think it was already supposed to be revealed because some Q cultists were saying that Lin Wood was calling out Flynn to try and distract people from Lindell's lawsuit. He said he had a lot of Democrat AGs signing onto it in support, and when asked to name them he said he couldn't.

He revealed the lawsuit a couple of days ago but he didn’t get any AGs to sign off on it so it hasn’t been filed. It was not well received.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I had a mypillow. It was ok but not great. Now I have a Purple pillow and that thing loving rocks. Best pillow ever.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Pillows are Serious Business. Apparently blankets too.

It's only for the grace of god that I've managed a good night's sleep for the last 50 loving years.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

mds2 posted:

I had a mypillow. It was ok but not great. Now I have a Purple pillow and that thing loving rocks. Best pillow ever.

Plugging purple pillow is a good deal. Love my purple pillow. Can't wait for the CEO to go full mike linfell.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I bought a weighted blanket and couldn't be happier. Target has them for $20, money well spent.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So Pillow has a final 29 days for Donnie to finally finish his ssj god spirit bomb? I hope the final week is amazing.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just buy no-name memory foam pillows and they're great. To the point where I buy them as Christmas gifts for people if I don't know what else they'd like.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

So Pillow has a final 29 days for Donnie to finally finish his ssj god spirit bomb? I hope the final week is amazing.

There's never a final week.

And there is no end.

No bottom.

Trump is going to crush Biden in 2024 and cite finally eliminating widespread voter fraud as the reason.

Because our country is stupid and can't wait to embrace full fascism.

We are doomed.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

BiggerBoat posted:

There's never a final week.

And there is no end.

No bottom.

Trump is going to crush Biden in 2024 and cite finally eliminating widespread voter fraud as the reason.

Because our country is stupid and can't wait to embrace full fascism.

We are doomed.

What if Trump dropped dead in 2023 and the gop had to answer to biden because they were all too busy waving their little boy parts at Trump to court favor

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There are now plenty of trumps. There’s like five governors in his image now, plus the wheelchair guy, Gaetz, and Marjorie the Gathering. The bench is getting deeper every day. And trump won’t die in the next two years. In the next eight, yes.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There are now plenty of trumps. There’s like five governors in his image now, plus the wheelchair guy, Gaetz, and Marjorie the Gathering. The bench is getting deeper every day. And trump won’t die in the next two years. In the next eight, yes.

Those people are very boring though. Like Marjorie gets and then are already poisoned and not powerful enough to truly deal with it. Trumps a different beast in that category. Like gaetz got fingered as a molester fairly early in his political career. He is hosed. They are weaker orators than Nancy pelosis I am the resistance speech.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ron Desantis is the most likely person to take Trump's place if something were to happen to Trump. The chuds love the guy as much as they love Trump, hell maybe even more because Desantis is trying to prevent people from getting vaccinated whereas Trump is (weakly) encouraging it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It is true, there may not be a bigger loudmouth idiot in politics than Ron DeSantis.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
That loving ad where DeSantis is giving his daughter blocks and telling her to "build the wall" and then reading The Art of the Deal as a bedtime story would be pretty funny if it was satire, but it isn't.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

What if Trump dropped dead in 2023 and the gop had to answer to biden because they were all too busy waving their little boy parts at Trump to court favor

'Had to answer to Biden' with a no baggage candidate seems like a GOP dream the way things are going.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Elea posted:

'Had to answer to Biden' with a no baggage candidate seems like a GOP dream the way things are going.

I can't see how the Jeffersonian planters will ever have a no baggage candidate

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Banking on Trump's heart exploding is about as wishful thinking as when libs were hoping that RBG's metastases wouldn't puncture her lung.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
There's an ongoing plague that is killing thousands of people daily and only getting worse. Banking on any one individual being alive in 2024, let alone one as unhealthy and elderly as Trump, being alive is absurd. He might be alive, he might not.

But yeah, there's no scenario I can imagine where a Democrat is ever president again. Odds are Trump or DeSantis win by a landslide, and even if they don't, they can just do another insurrection. Because why the gently caress not? January taught them that the punishment for failing at an insurrection is precisely jack and poo poo. Why wouldn't engage in a course of action where the reward for success is everything, and the penalty for failure is nothing?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ron Desantis is the most likely person to take Trump's place if something were to happen to Trump. The chuds love the guy as much as they love Trump, hell maybe even more because Desantis is trying to prevent people from getting vaccinated whereas Trump is (weakly) encouraging it.

He's also trying to create his own civilian military force that he himself would control

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/politics/florida-state-guard-desantis/index.html

Nothing fash about that no sir

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We have a state guard in Texas. Somehow having an extant one feels way less threatening than a governor deciding they want a new one.

That said, it's Texas, so white christian ethnostate is the default. Why would you need a paramilitary when you're already there? Get on our level Florida.

Texas State Guard are some real fuckin goobers though. Is this a military unit or some larpers who couldn't hack it at police academy?

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We have a state guard in Texas. Somehow having an extant one feels way less threatening than a governor deciding they want a new one.

That said, it's Texas, so white christian ethnostate is the default. Why would you need a paramilitary when you're already there? Get on our level Florida.

Texas State Guard are some real fuckin goobers though. Is this a military unit or some larpers who couldn't hack it at police academy?

Back in 2015 I worked at a management consulting company in north Texas. When all that Jade Helm poo poo was going on the people I worked with were absolutely convinced they were going to have to start shooting people at any moment. I've rarely seen such ignorant behavior amongst my colleagues. I'm so glad I don't work at that place anymore because I know that during the whole Trump saga I would have lost my loving mind.

Just as a side note, this is a management consulting firm in an affluent suburb of Fort Worth. At least 4 if not more people were armed in the office every day. I once had an argument there about the validity of driver's licenses versus the fact that everyone should be able to carry a gun with no training or licensing (looks like they got that wish).

I hate Texas now and even though I lived there for over 20 years I would never move back.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Clever use of Photoshop to manipulate the same ball of dough into different poses.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Those people are very boring though. Like Marjorie gets and then are already poisoned and not powerful enough to truly deal with it. Trumps a different beast in that category. Like gaetz got fingered as a molester fairly early in his political career. He is hosed. They are weaker orators than Nancy pelosis I am the resistance speech.

That is one of the few constants of the Trump years: Trump's ability to evade consequences has historically not fully applied to anyone but himself. He's his own kind of unique monster, and no one will conveniently be able to replicate his approach.

You can sort of see it with Greene, who's essentially a cargo cultist for Trump's rise to power, but can't generate a fraction of his impact.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Wanderer posted:

That is one of the few constants of the Trump years: Trump's ability to evade consequences has historically not fully applied to anyone but himself. He's his own kind of unique monster, and no one will conveniently be able to replicate his approach.

You can sort of see it with Greene, who's essentially a cargo cultist for Trump's rise to power, but can't generate a fraction of his impact.

His spawn seem to get away with everything too. Don Jr met directly with Russians and he faced zero consequences.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

MadJackal posted:

His spawn seem to get away with everything too. Don Jr met directly with Russians and he faced zero consequences.

I think that was basically him hiding behind his dad's shield, I think once Trump original, Diet Trump, Trump Zero Brains tm and Trump, now for women, will get demolished pretty quickly.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Trump...He's his own kind of unique monster, and no one will conveniently be able to replicate his approach.

I don't think he's unique. I think there a lot of people like him but now they're normalized. Only thing that makes him unique is that he was famous first instead of the other way around like DeSantis or Greene (where someone becomes famous for acting like Trump). I strongly believe he's the new template moving forward and we'll either get him again in 2024, someone very like much him (only smarter) and this is absolutely the new norm for the GOP.

In a sane world or a sane country, someone like Trump's popularity would top out at 20-30% of the population instead of something like 43% which is too close to "half" to make me feel comfortable or laugh off. A disturbingly large % of the population is all in on full fascism and, oddly, wants us to become more like the countries and foreign governments that we despise and call enemies (theocratic, punitive, corporal, etc.).

The Democrats aren't helping themselves much as a viable alternative either.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Gaetz didn't get "fingered" as anything, that's just Qanon, but from the left.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Fame Douglas posted:

He literally admitted that he paid teenaged girls for sex, then he took it back. Then again, he also asked Trump for a blanket pardon. For entirely unrelated crimes I'm sure.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He literally admitted that he paid teenaged girls for sex, then he took it back. Then again, he also asked Trump for a blanket pardon. For entirely unrelated crimes I'm sure.

Considering he didn't even get indicted for anything, I'd say we're very much in Qanon territory.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

But yeah, there's no scenario I can imagine where a Democrat is ever president again.

Please go outside.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Fame Douglas posted:

Considering he didn't even get indicted for anything, I'd say we're very much in Qanon territory.

don't be dumb, if dude didn't gently caress teens he'd just say that instead of "it was legal when i hosed that teen"

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Fame Douglas posted:

This is important - this means nothing until there is an actual indictment.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Believing a 4chan poster is actually a military intelligence outfit revealing that decades of movies are clues to a worldwide conspiracy of pedophilic elites draining children of their adrenochrome for satanic ceremonies and preparing us for Donald Trump's glorious military backed seizure of power is pretty much the same as thinking Gaetz paid a 17 year old for sex.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Elea posted:

Believing a 4chan poster is actually a military intelligence outfit revealing that decades of movies are clues to a worldwide conspiracy of pedophilic elites draining children of their adrenochrome for satanic ceremonies and preparing us for Donald Trump's glorious military backed seizure of power is pretty much the same as thinking Gaetz paid a 17 year old for sex.

I'm glad someone finally had the courage to say it. Thank you for your service.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I've been rereading the comic book series 100 Bullets, and its main plotline just made me think that even if somehow the QAnon folks were right, it wouldn't matter. And I'll put the comic plot and what I was thinking of in spoilers, JUST IN CASE.

The start of the comic is about a mysterious older man who can provide 'you' ie random(?) people with a gun and "100 untraceable bullets". The idea being that you could shoot whoever you wanted and as long as you weren't outright seen doing it they couldn't tie you to the crime (because the bullet won't match the gun). Yeah, there's a lot wrong with that, it's irrelevant. This magic crime allowing gun and bullets are just the kickoff to the series' overall plot arc, which is about a group of families called The Trust that secretly control the United States, and their former wetwork men, the Minutemen, who were agents so skilled that they were able to handle any 'trouble spots'. However, the Trust got too arrogant in its own supposed untouchable power, and after the Minutemen said they wouldn't do a repeat of the 'great crime' that scared off the European powers and let the Trust families take over the United States (or rather the British colonies that would become them) back in the late 1500's (that being that the "Minutemen of that time" caused the disappearance of the famous "Roanoke Lost Colony", the word "Croatoan" being a coded message to the European powers that basically said "This place is ours, and if you fight us, we'll destroy you as thoroughly as we did these people."), they decided to eliminate the Minutemen for defying them. It didn't work out as intended, and the whole plot is basically a gigantic chess game of revenge and counter revenge, and by the end, there is no more Trust: the families have all been wiped out.

My point being, despite how powerful the Trust was supposed to be, and for all their money, connections, and people they hired, without the Minutemen they were not untouchable gods among men. They NEEDED the Minutemen to have that full control; without them, they got picked off one by one because they couldn't counter the wetwork tactics their former expert agents could perform. You can have all the money in the world, have every single system bending to your will, and hire the very best in protection, but if you are being opposed by numerous 'super agents' who WILL kill you, no matter WHAT it takes, you might as well be a bum off the street.

So Qanon thinks that there will come a time when 'the truth will be revealed' and this giant cabal will be exposed and arrested...how?

Who's going to do this exposing and arresting? Trump? Trump can't do it by himself, no one man could. You'd need your own private ARMY, with the sheer scope and reach these lot would have. Trump sure as hell doesn't have that, no matter how many Maga Morons he could command to do so. They think the U.S Military answers to Trump secretly? Do ALL of them? Does this cabal not certainly have spies everywhere? You think you can have them all arrested at the same time not giving any of them a chance to retreat, or fight back, or call up an army of lawyers who will fill the airwaves with legal noise? You think all the networks are going to go "Wow, we were wrong, let's now report everything being claimed against these arrested people as true."? You think you can disappear hundreds if not thousands of famous, powerful people who are so organized they can have this ridiculous cabal and leave no credible proof of it? Do they get a fair trial? That's what separates us from them, isn't it? The law. Do you have any idea how complex and long such a mass of trials would take? You think you'd get anything resembling a guilty verdict from 90 percent of them? You think they could just ship them off to Gitmo and say "Mission accomplished"?

This isn't 100 Bullets. Trump does not have a Minutemen organization. If this cabal did exist, it more or less controls the world. There is no way ANY force could oppose it, not in this real life of ours with no superhuman James Bond/John Wick/Jason Bourne types. It would be so much better for them to realize it's all crap, because if by some trillion to one chance it somehow WAS real, it's not going to play out like they think it will. If the forces being opposed are that powerful and that inhumanly evil, they're not going to be caught completely with their pants down and let themselves be dragged away without a fight. They'd squish the effort, and make sure the rest of the world had their viewpoint confirmed that the Q people are pathetic and now they've crossed a line, round them up, they need mental help.

Poor dumb bastards.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 4, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Relevant Tangent posted:

don't be dumb, if dude didn't gently caress teens he'd just say that instead of "it was legal when i hosed that teen"

I think calling it equivalent to Qanon is a bit weird, but I think the point is that there's a difference between him admitting it and him suffering any consequences for it whatsoever, legal or political or anything.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

They believe Donald John Trump has been planning for decades (possibly longer for the time control crowd) to accomplish this goal, this is the Plan they are Trusting. The details of this plan vary a lot by the telling, but essentially it would involve the entire united states military, or some extremely loyal core of it at least, simultaneously rising up and arresting every bad person and putting all the good people in charge of a military dictatorship that would summarily execute everyone that they don't like. This why you had a lot of that "replaced by a clone" stuff in the past. The idea being that, despite trump sitting around eating cheeseburgers and not enacting the Plan, he was actually secretly arresting these people and replacing them with harmless clones as to not alert the other evil globalists.

They believe all of that was already in motion, that "Nothing can stop what's coming" because trump is such a good planner, they didn't need to do anything but sit back and watch it unfold.

No, none of this makes sense. Yes, their dream scenario is literally the complete overthrow of everything America claims it stands for and instating a fascist junta in it's place.

It gets even crazier with the people who believe Trump's uncle (an actual MIT professor and award winning scientist) was given access to alien technology from area 51 and the various theories that sprang from there, like time travel.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

I think calling it equivalent to Qanon is a bit weird, but I think the point is that there's a difference between him admitting it and him suffering any consequences for it whatsoever, legal or political or anything.

When did Gaetz actually admit to anything? Doesn't seem like he ever admitted to anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cornwind Evil posted:

I've been rereading the comic book series 100 Bullets, and its main plotline just made me think that even if somehow the QAnon folks were right, it wouldn't matter. And I'll put the comic plot and what I was thinking of in spoilers, JUST IN CASE.

I've also been rereading 100 Bullets recently and I think it's very much about the nature of conspiracy theories. Specifically that a good conspiracy theory gives a believer just enough information to become a useful idiot and be manipulated. Everyone in the story plays this game: Agent Graves with his briefcases, Lono with his splinter group of Minutemen, Mr. Shepard, the families of the Trust, the killing of JFK... Even the story arcs have this recurring theme. It's a pretty cool way of exploring what makes a conspiracy.

Think about the GOP and QANON. Think about the GOP/NRA and gun nuts. Think about the GOP and anti-mask/vaccine/lockdown activists. These are useful idiots being fed just enough information by wealthy elites to maintain their hold on power, using violence and coercion.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 4, 2021