Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh god Stugotz was right all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

J33uk posted:

Oh god Stugotz was right all along

Holy poo poo Stugotz was right?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Stu fought hard for those 6.5 points lmao

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/michaelryanruiz/status/1467530365426446348?s=21

Mike’s actually breaking news!?!?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The guy that lost to Utah twice?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

I'm just catching up to last week and OHMYGOD Mike Ryan sounded like a psychopath during the David Samson local hour.

powerbrokerscolumbuscontingenttheircultureoregonwho'sinchargeatlethicdirectorEpsteinleaksCristobal FOR 30 WHOLE MINUTES

David Samson : "and?"

Also, Dan sounds like huffs his own farts when he uses the phrase "that's the micro, I'm looking at the MACRO" it's ALMOST as bad as "but Stugotz!"

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

I'm just catching up to last week and OHMYGOD Mike Ryan sounded like a psychopath during the David Samson local hour.

powerbrokerscolumbuscontingenttheircultureoregonwho'sinchargeatlethicdirectorEpsteinleaksCristobal FOR 30 WHOLE MINUTES

David Samson : "and?"

Also, Dan sounds like huffs his own farts when he uses the phrase "that's the micro, I'm looking at the MACRO" it's ALMOST as bad as "but Stugotz!"

Yeah, I enjoy Mike generally but the last couple of weeks of Miami AD/coach search insider talk has been a relatively rough listen. I was sort of hoping that Golden Cane Mike was an extended trolling bit like Corporate Mike but it doesn't look like there's any payoff coming. Sort of surprised that they haven't roasted him about some of his absurd takes or claimed insider status.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Miami Heat Homer Mike: obnoxious, but in a fun way, demonstrates some self awareness.

Miami Hurricanes Golden Cane Mike: obnoxious in the worst way, like the bastard offspring of a sentient Rivals Board and Nevin Shapiro.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The payoff to Golden Cane Mike happens in two years when he wants Mario fired after losing to Georgia Tech while Billy chimes in with a "I told you so"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well the cfb news guys confirmed it

mike's current persona is now null and void

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
It’s all worth it if it brings back Pipo

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Adun posted:

It’s all worth it if it brings back Pipo

Wasn’t the only reason Pipo was on hiatus because Billy’s neighbors complained about how loud he was when they were recording from home?

(Reminder: HOAs, not even once.)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also jessica doing a southern accent is cute

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

Her Smug Steeler Fan character is the goddamn worst

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

That Fullcast After Dark was fun.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/roybelly/status/1468936504709890059?s=21

Lmao

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Pat McAfee got the bag from FanDuel :stare:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXWTiYajzV2/?utm_medium=copy_link

YouTube on Monday probably

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K2WzikUxAc

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I've fallen out of love with the F1 minute (which isn't a huge issue since they're done till March). It just comes down to someone reading a note card really fast for 60 seconds. It'll be fun to see what poo poo they can get up to during the Miami race.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

https://twitter.com/lebatardshow/status/1470906625175261186

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

J33uk posted:

I've fallen out of love with the F1 minute (which isn't a huge issue since they're done till March). It just comes down to someone reading a note card really fast for 60 seconds. It'll be fun to see what poo poo they can get up to during the Miami race.

It'd be cool if they started following other sports like F1 and sort of had the listeners and hosts learn together. I would've liked to have better understood what happened at the end of that race, and I think they could cover the event in an entertaining way, but the 60 second bit makes that impossible.

e: Noticed that their daily shows average 15k-20k plays. Is that good? I have no idea how to evaluate those figures.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 15, 2021

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're fine numbers. The more video stuff they do and if the keep promoting like socials like they do it'll grow. (Juju has been really good with their online presence) They have to get the ESPN stink off of them and get people to understand its a fun variety show and not another boring sports debate show. I feel Dan wants to stick to mostly sports when they don't have to anymore and to get out of structuring the show like its still radio. The podcast should just be one download by now.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m only listening occasionally at this point but I like that all the hours are split up. Makes it easier for me to dodge stuff that I don’t care about (anything involving the old Marlins GM for example).

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Novak Smokavic made me laugh out loud.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I’m only listening occasionally at this point but I like that all the hours are split up. Makes it easier for me to dodge stuff that I don’t care about (anything involving the old Marlins GM for example).

i'm at least taking a break from listening right now

last week it was easy to skip the local hours with mike's obsession with the u's coaching vacancy

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Yeah I think it's fine to skip some hours and having it broken up the way it is helps a lot. For example, a 40 minute postgame discussing NIL and college football isn't something I need since Dan is going to make the same points for the 20th time. I appreciate his passion for the subject but I'm pretty sure I know what he's going to be saying.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Local hour is the only good hour you guys are bad at enjoying good things.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

Local hour is the only good hour you guys are bad at enjoying good things.

I find myself slipping in way too much Miami knowledge whenever we talk about sports at work now.

The Miami/Cristobal stuff came up last week and everyone was confused when I brought up the Columbus Mafia

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

As long as all this Miami poo poo gives me more of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl0dfCj--00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HRo5rzG1sQ

RBX fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 16, 2021

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I want pepo back but the explanation that he's too loud and the hoa got mad at Billy when he was I character is just as good.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
edit: double post

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RBX posted:

They're fine numbers. The more video stuff they do and if the keep promoting like socials like they do it'll grow. (Juju has been really good with their online presence) They have to get the ESPN stink off of them and get people to understand its a fun variety show and not another boring sports debate show. I feel Dan wants to stick to mostly sports when they don't have to anymore and to get out of structuring the show like its still radio. The podcast should just be one download by now.

I think at least early on Mike tap-danced around the idea that they're goosing total download numbers by having like five podcasts a day. As mentioned, at least you have a chance to pick and choose what to listen to instead of getting a Giant Bombcast dropped into your lap every day.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Sadly, Billy’s HOA put paid to this until they get everyone back in the studio

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

OYEEEEE BROTHER, LOOK WHO’S BACK AND WHO’S DOPE!!!!!!! https://twitter.com/lebatardshow/status/1479122182999613442?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

God I hope the U craters

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

God I hope the U craters

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I hope the U consistently wins its first 8 games of the season in dominant fashion and then lose to Pitt and UNC back to back. Its whats best for the show.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

swickles posted:

I hope the U consistently wins its first 8 games of the season in dominant fashion and then lose to Pitt and UNC back to back. Its whats best for the show.

Just sub Stanford and Utah for Pitt, that's Mario's MO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1480567455764426753