Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m not thrilled about the Part One there. The first one has an incredible economy of storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’m not thrilled about the Part One there. The first one has an incredible economy of storytelling.

I'm more or less with you there, but the first movie put a lot of credit in the bank with me so I'm willing to give them a little more slack.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sign me the gently caress up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

algebra testes posted:

sign me the gently caress up.
:yeah:

Into the Spider-Verse was entirely too good, so yes please I will take more of this!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

oh gently caress yea

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

God, this is so sick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh I see that this will seemingly continue to be the best comic book themed anything currently going

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Not a high bar but it sure looks like it

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Ridley Scott’s whole obsession with religious sperm blood robots is so much better here where it isn’t weighed down by having to be an Alien prequel/sequel/whateverquel.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
T-Posing Milky Robots and Flying Space Lamprey comin’ back for more!

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfVOs4VSpmA

Is No Way Home going to be a Part 1 or is it a full movie?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

PeterCat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfVOs4VSpmA

Is No Way Home going to be a Part 1 or is it a full movie?

Yea part 2 was announced its Spider-Man: Found a Way Home

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Jerkface posted:

Yea part 2 was announced its Spider-Man: Found a Way Home

I thought part IV was the Voyage Home?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PeterCat posted:

That’s Take The Long Way Home

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

kiimo posted:

That’s Take The Long Way Home

Would you say that Spiderman is Homeward Bound?

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Spiderman 4: The Quest for Peace

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PeterCat posted:

That’s Star Trek II.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Spiderman 4: Home Alone VI

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tqzzy45-_g

hell yeah

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

:yeah:

Into the Spider-Verse was entirely too good, so yes please I will take more of this!

Everyone should be prepared, some of the (key) people who made the first are not back. So it looks the same, but if the magic sauce isn’t there, that’s why.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

BonoMan posted:

I'm not sure he was outright saying the others weren't realistic. He just was saying this one seemed to be more realistic. He's also Russian so maybe something was lost in translation? Apparently he just did an hour long critique of Ridleys work on his YouTube channel (Radio Dolen).

I'm a Ridley fan but he seems to be riding this wave of the gently caress you tour and taking every slight opportunity to yell at the clouds.

The critic in question is a notorious moron with aspirations to be Russian Ebert (got moderately recognizable through a spot on popular late night show and long running radio program) who always has snobbish poo poo takes and melts down about political correctness when he sees a nonwhite lead in a movie or a female director being awarded. It was cathartic to see his masturbatory approach being shut down by a great craftsman.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Lots of spoilers in here be warned

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

fatherboxx posted:

The critic in question is a notorious moron with aspirations to be Russian Ebert (got moderately recognizable through a spot on popular late night show and long running radio program) who always has snobbish poo poo takes and melts down about political correctness when he sees a nonwhite lead in a movie or a female director being awarded. It was cathartic to see his masturbatory approach being shut down by a great craftsman.

Well I was definitely not aware of him.

Still doesn't explain Ridley's reaction to a fairly benign point unless there really is a large part of the audio cut out.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

MLSM posted:

Lots of spoilers in here be warned

I didn’t really think so but thanks for the disclaimer for people who are extra cautious about that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

If I had to make a guess, based on the spoilery nature of that trailer, the machines are on the verge of civil war, and the machine faction sympathetic to humans created a Morpheus simulacrum and injected it into the Matrix code in order to locate Neo and Trinity and recreate the path of the original Morpheus, which was to find The One.

Looks like Neo takes the red pill again, escapes his pod, regains his memories, and, along with the AI Morpheus and Bugs, tries to help awaken/exfiltrate Trinity like she and Morpheus did for him. Meanwhile, a repurposed Smith (played by Jonathan Groff) is working to stop it all at the behest of the machines that want to keep the status quo.

Spoiled that in the event that this theory ends up being right. Just wanna play it safe.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 6, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gonz posted:

If I had to make a guess, based on the spoilery nature of that trailer, the machines are on the verge of civil war, and the machine faction sympathetic to humans created a Morpheus simulacrum and injected it into the Matrix code in order to locate Neo and Trinity and recreate the path of the original Morpheus, which was to find The One.

Looks like Neo takes the red pill again, escapes his pod, regains his memories, and, along with the AI Morpheus and Bugs, tries to help awaken/exfiltrate Trinity like she and Morpheus did for him. Meanwhile, a repurposed Smith (played by Jonathan Groff) is working to stop it all at the behest of the machines that want to keep the status quo.

Spoiled that in the event that this theory ends up being right. Just wanna play it safe.

I just took it to be the old theory from back when the sequels came out that the "real world" was another layer of the Matrix. A lot of people ran with that when Neo disabled the sentinel in the real world.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That version of Wake Up was awesome. Or maybe I'm just a massive Rage fan I don't know.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

BonoMan posted:

Well I was definitely not aware of him.

Still doesn't explain Ridley's reaction to a fairly benign point unless there really is a large part of the audio cut out.

I mean, he just said "gently caress you" a couple times dismissively and then the guy laughed. I'm not really seeing the huge, inappropriate reaction some people are seeing.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Gonz posted:

Well, Matrix spoiler discussion follows:

I think you're probably right based on what we've seen so far. The other thing that I think we might see is a reversal where Trinity is "The One." and Neo must find her.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

algebra testes posted:

That version of Wake Up was awesome. Or maybe I'm just a massive Rage fan I don't know.
I mean, the very ending of the first film where he hangs up the phone and "Wake Up" starts blasting off is one of the most :hellyeah: moments in film history. Either that or I'm right there with you as a big RATM fan.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The ending of the first movie is one of the greatest endings i’ve ever witnessed.

It produced levels of hype previously unknown to moviegoers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4qIIxg8A

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
So good. Theatre was going nuts

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like that the world of the new Matrix still has that 1999 global coffeehouse/utopian scholastic aesthetic inside the matrix. The part of the Matrix that has probably aged the best 20 years on is Agent Smith calling 1999 the peak of so-called human civilization.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

We had Ravenous in cinemas at the start of the year, and it's been all downhill ever since.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Gonz posted:

The ending of the first movie is one of the greatest endings i’ve ever witnessed.

It produced levels of hype previously unknown to moviegoers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTL4qIIxg8A

31st May 1999
My friend won two premiere tickets to Matrix 1, and I got invited. It was a pre-release showing too, the public wouldn't see it for another week.
We were so high on energy after that ending, man we walked the 3-4 miles home just talking about it and still busting to go out for the night just to keep on that rush.
It was just so loving amazing.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
also lol at how obvious the transgender allegory is once you've had your eyes opened to it

M F

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

edogawa rando posted:

We had Ravenous in cinemas at the start of the year, and it's been all downhill ever since.

What where? I saw it opening weekend and loved it. The protectionists were on strike at the time and someone pulled the fire alarm 4 times during the film. Really added to the insane atmosphere.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

married but discreet posted:

also lol at how obvious the transgender allegory is once you've had your eyes opened to it

Not really obvious, then.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dillbag posted:

What where? I saw it opening weekend and loved it. The protectionists were on strike at the time and someone pulled the fire alarm 4 times during the film. Really added to the insane atmosphere.

I meant in 1999, implying that it was the artistic peak of our times.

I guess I could have been a little clearer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

happyhippy posted:

31st May 1999
My friend won two premiere tickets to Matrix 1, and I got invited. It was a pre-release showing too, the public wouldn't see it for another week.
We were so high on energy after that ending, man we walked the 3-4 miles home just talking about it and still busting to go out for the night just to keep on that rush.
It was just so loving amazing.

My friend's dad got preview tickets to Pulp Fiction and I got to tag along.

Walking out of the movie was hilarious his dad was like "what a loving great motherfucking movie poo poo that loving poo poo was goddam amazing"

Samuel L Jackson's cursing was so infectious