Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Baller Ina posted:

I love this comic so much

It is so, so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I was so close to quitting and maybe checking in on this comic in a year or two but he managed to drag me right back in.
What are you doing, Mookie? Where are you taking us?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Libra posted:

I was so close to quitting and maybe checking in on this comic in a year or two but he managed to drag me right back in.
What are you doing, Mookie? Where are you taking us?

Where we're going we won't need logical consistency or rational characters 😎

or roads I guess

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah perversely this part is kind of interesting because now the out-of-nowhere sex scene and accompanying dream sequence are over and Mookie just realized "Hmm that was a bit odd" so he's trying to explain it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Emrikol posted:

I know I'm a broken record here, but holy poo poo this whole trip has just been about how terrible Snout is.

Finally, a protagonist worse than Scott Pilgrim!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The gently caress horns snapped off

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The shaggy dog story delivered on the shagging.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mordja posted:

Somehow Snout saying "hosed" is almost as disconcerting as him doing it.

lmao is snout now marked forever by his hornmarks as someone who fucks

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

alas the consequences of horniness

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
So we're not pretending this is written in a journal anymore, it's just Mookie's thought bubble I guess. Probably for the better

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

If that wasn't Snout's first time who the gently caress did he, well, gently caress before? Were there a bunch of hot mongrelfolks out at the Wild Edge?
Yes*, but Snout didn't know they were there in Mongreltown. There's, like... nobody he could have hosed before unless he was getting it on with the librarian.

*not hot, but present

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah perversely this part is kind of interesting because now the out-of-nowhere sex scene and accompanying dream sequence are over and Mookie just realized "Hmm that was a bit odd" so he's trying to explain it.

There's a joke among NaNoWriMo writers that if your story's slowing down and you're at a loss of how to proceed, just have ninjas suddenly appear and attack everyone. Now you can pad out the word count with an action scene and the characters wondering what just happened!

This is kind of like that: When you're stuck in your story, have your lead explode into horns and gently caress a lake witch.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
The horns appear and then crumble instantly because they're the cum, it turns solid on contact with air but is very fragile

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

YF-23 posted:

lmao is snout now marked forever by his hornmarks as someone who fucks

If it happens every time he pops a boner, does he file them down like Hellboy does, or did Mookie literally not think about how he would have had the scars/horn stumps before? Is this the first time in his life Snout has gotten hard? Did he come up with this and shoehorn it in?

The gently caress is this comic?

GreenMetalSun fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Dec 6, 2021

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

GreenMetalSun posted:

Is this the first time in his life Snout has gotten hard?
This page is trying to claim otherwise with the "this happens every time" thing but Snout was literally having naked cuddles with what is probably supposed to be an attractive lady before and showed zero interest, and lived alone and didn't even know the nearest city existed. It is completely consistent with the rest of the comic that this is the first time Snout has had any sex or been interested in having any sex, and the claims it's happened before aren't.

It feels like Mookie saw some criticism somewhere about the whole "this is a weird childlike character who was literally licking windows bored on a car trip instead of talking to people and has shown zero interest in sex before" and is doing the damage control equivalent of trying to tape a severed limb back on with a bandaid.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Absolutely amazing. This is a way better trainwreck than Deegan, to be honest. At least with that, you had the excuse that it was written by a young-ish dude who hadn't consumed any media outside of early 2000s anime in his life.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yeah well everytime I kiss I swear I can fly. Checkmate, Antler Bitch Elmo.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Zereth posted:

Yes*, but Snout didn't know they were there in Mongreltown. There's, like... nobody he could have hosed before unless he was getting it on with the librarian.

*not hot, but present

He hosed the angry tree, obviously.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

GreenMetalSun posted:

If it happens every time he pops a boner, does he file them down like Hellboy does, or did Mookie literally not think about how he would have had the scars/horn stumps before? Is this the first time in his life Snout has gotten hard? Did he come up with this and shoehorn it in?

The gently caress is this comic?

I guess now we know why the killer tree attacked him.

E:Goddamnit, EFB

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
honestly? i'm glad there's some substantial awfulness to this now instead of just softboy uwu meandering. this is repugnant lmao

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Mookie got so uncontrollably horny that he had to have Snout gently caress right this second, and now he’s gotta try and pretend that it was totally normal and not at all weird for everyone involved. Is Snout gonna keep the horn stumps so Mookie can pretend he’s a satyr now?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mors Rattus posted:

He hosed the angry tree, obviously.
:thunk: angry ex?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
snout is horny as hell and loves to gently caress and it's the main thing of the comic

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

yeah actually they will posted:

snout is horny as hell and loves to gently caress and it's the main thing of the comic

Great post/username combo!

Just when you think this comic can't get any dumber (and grosser), it somehow does.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I don't know how you manage to draw a naked person looking so much like they're wearing clothes. I am not a good artist by any means, Mookie probably has some ability on me, but I don't think I've ever managed to draw skin in a way that looks like fabric or leather.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Haha he's really going that direction, huh? What an asspull. And clearly Mookie has never had sex he regrets, since in reality the realization and shame comes, like, 2 seconds after you come, not after you've romantically cuddled and fallen asleep with the person.

Or is that just me? Maybe that's just me. Anyway, I'm sure this plot element that was TOTALLY a thing that existed before this moment will be super important now! Uh huh!

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I was also about to bail on this but holy poo poo

Mookie really did just get horny and it bled through and now he's realized wait poo poo this doesn't make sense I gotta try and fix this

the comic has no plot it's just a reflection of Mookies current train of thought

when he misses glomping at cons it's about soft boy cuddles when he feels bad it's about how Snout is sad and everyone needs to cheer him up when he's on a vacation in a cabin it's about being in a cabin when he's horny reality and the past rebuild themselves to suddenly justify sex

FlocksOfMice fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 6, 2021

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Seriously. This comic is a graveyard of abandoned plot lines and themes. Think he'll ever remember the redactor and bald karate guy exist?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Something something the implications of depicting sex as leaving physical and presumably undesirable permanent evidence on the body is incel logic.

I for one cannot wait for Snout to get publicly slutshamed while his friends defend him by saying he's not a slut.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I love this comic so much.
Given the whole state of the world and that I have no idea if I'll be alive this time next year and, if I am, whether I should count myself as one of the lucky ones or one of the unlucky ones, my anxiety and depression have been pretty bad lately. But goddamn if Mookie's little opus doesn't cheer me up every time and just brighten up my day.

I don't think any of us could produce edits half as brilliant as the poo poo Mookie churns out. Like every single strip is more or less Loss.jpg; something incredible and entertaining and engaging but for none of the reasons the author intended.

FlocksOfMice posted:

the comic has no plot it's just a reflection of Mookies current train of thought

That's how it always has been, since well into OG Deegan, even. Mookie does not write in the way any other writer writes; he just dumps his creepy id, pure and unfiltered, out on the page. It's loving awesome.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mordja posted:

Somehow Snout saying "hosed" is almost as disconcerting as him doing it.

the way this is framed and written and drawn i nthat last panel just feels like a child going "I made a boo boo : ("

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

rannum posted:

the way this is framed and written and drawn i nthat last panel just feels like a child going "I made a boo boo : ("

Ugh, this is all a set up to make this not Snout's fault, isn't it? The blame will lie squarely on the evil temptress bog witch and Snout's horny side that he JUST CAN'T CONTROL!!!! Like every other douche guy who makes that excuse. Except that this time it will actually be a magical force he literally can't control. loving gross.

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020

Zereth posted:

This page is trying to claim otherwise with the "this happens every time" thing but Snout was literally having naked cuddles with what is probably supposed to be an attractive lady before and showed zero interest, and lived alone and didn't even know the nearest city existed. It is completely consistent with the rest of the comic that this is the first time Snout has had any sex or been interested in having any sex, and the claims it's happened before aren't.

It feels like Mookie saw some criticism somewhere about the whole "this is a weird childlike character who was literally licking windows bored on a car trip instead of talking to people and has shown zero interest in sex before" and is doing the damage control equivalent of trying to tape a severed limb back on with a bandaid.

This was my impression as well. He saw people say that it's weird that he's just having Snout gently caress out of nowhere given his previous behaviour, and now he's being like "actually snout isn't childlike, actually snout fucks, actually snout has embarrassing regrettable sex all the time, checkmate detractors" even though for the last several chapters he's been writing snout as someone who finds basic physical intimacy novel and new.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I loving love this comic, lmao "horny" because he grew horns

Are we supposed to take the pun at face value? That every time he's snuggled naked w the mommies he wasn't actually horny because he didn't morph? Is "every time" this one time because it's the first time it's happened? Are we supposed to believe this entire adventure snout's been leaving to gently caress his horns off periodically?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Actually, Snout fucks all the time :smuggo:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I think it implies that he's had sex or gotten horny BEFORE the comic, which is literally the first piece of information we have about Snout's life before the comic. Let that sink in.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Riot Bus posted:

This was my impression as well. He saw people say that it's weird that he's just having Snout gently caress out of nowhere given his previous behaviour, and now he's being like "actually snout isn't childlike, actually snout fucks, actually snout has embarrassing regrettable sex all the time, checkmate detractors" even though for the last several chapters he's been writing snout as someone who finds basic physical intimacy novel and new.

Piers Anthony would approve.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Riot Bus posted:

He is absolutely reading a critic thread somewhere. Maybe not us, maybe GitP or something but he does his 3 strips each week then looks at reactions and tries to own the people calling him gross.

That the basic math for his ideas hasn’t matured since DD really shows you how little interest Mookie has in his own artistic growth. Criticism is a core part of improving, but none of that for mister Terracciano

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ugh, this is all a set up to make this not Snout's fault, isn't it? The blame will lie squarely on the evil temptress bog witch and Snout's horny side that he JUST CAN'T CONTROL!!!! Like every other douche guy who makes that excuse. Except that this time it will actually be a magical force he literally can't control. loving gross.

If I didn't know that Mookie thinks Snout is cutest most lovable scamp there is I'd think this was a parody of scumbag softbois. The "totally platonic" cuddling, this "UwU can't help myself" bullshit with the sex, the way he has no consideration for his friends or even seems to realize they're there. It's so much. Dominic Deegan was a smug, unlikable creep but Snout is just vile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"You aren't responsible for doing bad sex stuff if an outside force 'makes' you do it" is pretty traditional Mookie, right? It shouldn't be surprising.