Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

Okay what the gently caress Dulles airport was designed by a guy, Eero Saarinen, who worked for the OSS

same guy who designed the St Louis arch. Studied at Yale (Skull & Bones?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Son of Man posted:

Lol right? I've never seen an inmate request letter that carefully written, I'm not sure if I've even seen one with paragraphs haha. I suppose this facility only houses international men of mystery and university professors. epstein himself couldn't spell that well

the new York times is still the cia's most reliable mouthpiece

e: it reads like an email you'd find in a video game (because it is exposition)

"Yes, officer. I heard Jeffrey saying in a loud, clear voice 'my name-a Jeffy Epstein, imma gonna killa myself" while ripping sheets and doing squat thrusts. can i go now?"

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

When reddit was still new-ish, they did a blog post about their userbase, you know interesting facts type stuff. One of these was “cities with the most redditors”.

The top location of redditors, by a lot if I remember, was Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. Reddit has since scrubbed any mention of this ever happening.

check out this Metal Gear Solid 2 rear end paper sponsored by Eglin AFB:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1402.5644.pdf

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

isnt encylopedia dramatica long known to be run by the office of naval intelligence as well?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Reddit is a CCP-bought propaganda outlet where anything with "gently caress China" automatically get a billion awards and upvotes

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/postXamerica/status/1467383877958307841

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

Palladium posted:

Reddit is a CCP-bought propaganda outlet where anything with "gently caress China" automatically get a billion awards and upvotes

Reddit is the op. Like every op, from political to advertising and marketing. (The people who pay Reddit directly to post ads have to be some of the dumbest people alive. Anyone taking it seriously buys sock puppet accounts to make their Op/advertising look “native.”) Also, so many redditors have brain worms from too much mainstream news and advertising that they basically perform ops on themselves.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

BasicLich posted:

They claimed it was exactly 1488 lmao

Just cheekily signing your genocide

This was so unbelievable ghastly. Definitely a crack ping from me at the time.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Trueanon subreddit is just the most smoothbrained leftists in the world thinking everything is an op.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I mean, everything is an op.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Sandweed posted:

Trueanon subreddit

I said eugh out loud

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Has she walked yet? Eta on the walk? Under a year?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

what I'm curious about recently is who the replacement Epstein (Epstine) is

the cabal obviously ain't gonna stop doing horrible poo poo so who has stepped into that role?

Brock Pierce

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

multistability posted:

I live a few miles from Kincora and researching this stuff really does my head in. My personal way of making sense of what happened during the Troubles is that the British state basically used the north of Ireland as something like an imperial laboratory where it could test out and put into practice all the counterinsurgency theories it learned while managing its dying Empire, ie all the false flag attacks, dirty tricks, black propaganda ops etc. were basically just state terrorism, initially part of a strategy of tension to discredit an insurgent Civil rights movement in the late-1960s, which "got out of hand" and became something much more sinister from the 70s onwards. But there's so much to it, and it is all so dark, and so bleak, so it can be overwhelming trying to understand it all

My grandfather was a fairly high-level RUC (former police service of Northern Ireland) officer back in the 70s. He never went into details but he quit his role in the mid-80s alongside leaving the Orange Order. He was a deeply-bigoted cruel man and an ardent Unionist who supported Northern Ireland remaining British at all costs. He was closely aligned to the DUP and was on first-name terms with Paisley and other Unionist figures. From what little I've been able to gather, he was party to intelligence regarding the Kincora Anglo-Irish paedophile ring and quit out of disgust over how so much evidence was being swept under the carpet or classified as national security.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Most addicted city (over 100k visits total)
Eglin Air Force Base, FL

Stationed Units

USAF
96th Cyberspace Test Group
45th Test Squadron
46th Test Squadron
47th Cyberspace Test Squadron

US Army
1st Special Forces Command (Airborne)
7th Special Forces Group (Airborne)

Space Operations Command
Space Delta 2
20th Space Control Squadron (GSU)

Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS)
J6 Directorate (Command, Control, Communications and Computers/Cyber)
Joint Deployable Analysis Team

:thunk:

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

wow that is maybe the most damning Wikipedia page I've ever read. really not good! I'm not sure how I've never heard of this

that page links to the rotherham child sex abuse scandal and that page has been significantly updated since I last looked and it will make you lose all faith in humanity. *extremely* suspicious behavior on the part of the authorities there.

there were two or three women who investigated the situation and they all found not only smoke but extremely large flames and they could describe the flames in perfect detail, and the authorities refused to act.

I don’t want to find out what aspects of that case are still being covered up. from what I can tell it seems like the johns, if that is the correct term for this context, were never seriously looked into.

whereas in OPs Wikipedia page there is only johns and that got lost.

please note I hesitate to use the word johns as a term here because I don’t want to imply -however slightly- any level of consent.

Torpor has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Dec 7, 2021

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

My grandfather was a fairly high-level RUC (former police service of Northern Ireland) officer back in the 70s. He never went into details but he quit his role in the mid-80s alongside leaving the Orange Order. He was a deeply-bigoted cruel man and an ardent Unionist who supported Northern Ireland remaining British at all costs. He was closely aligned to the DUP and was on first-name terms with Paisley and other Unionist figures. From what little I've been able to gather, he was party to intelligence regarding the Kincora Anglo-Irish paedophile ring and quit out of disgust over how so much evidence was being swept under the carpet or classified as national security.

Was he Special Branch by any chance? I've read that RUC Special Branch, along with MI5 and military intelligence, were not only aware of but were actually actively using the child abuse at Kincora to blackmail certain Loyalists (eg John McKeague), politicians etc to do... God knows what. Whole thing is so hosed up

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

someone unfamiliar with epstein who listened to the bits and pieces from npr about the ghislaine trial that i heard driving today would not realize that epstein had clients lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

Friday, October 15, 2010
Wired's Danger Room team is doing a video AMA next week. Ask Them Anything.
Posted by erik [hueypriest] at 08:58 |
Labels: interviews, rail guns, video, wired
The Danger Room team (Noah Shachtman, Katie Drummond, & Spencer Ackerman) are all in NYC next week and were gracious enough to agree to spend some time answering your top ten questions about military technology, national security, and anything else. This will be a video interview and we'll ask them the top questions as of 9am EST on October 20th. Ask them anything HERE.

About Noah Shachtman
Noah Shachtman keeps finding himself in stupid situations, as a contributing editor at WIRED and the editor of its national security blog, Danger Room. When he's not embedding with Marines in Afghanistan's opium country or defusing roadside explosives with a Baghdad bomb squad, he's sneaking into the Los Alamos nuclear lab, chasing down suspects on Chicago's West Side, orundergoing experiments by Pentagon-funded scientists at Stanford. (And let's not even get into the Taser incident.) Shachtman wasn't always this dumb: before getting into journalism and national security nerditry, he worked as a professional bass player and campaign staffer on Bill Clinton's first presidential campaign. These days, he also serves as a non-resident fellow at the Brookings Insitution, and writes occassionally for the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and others. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife,
Elizabeth, and his son, Leo.
http://redditblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/wireds-danger-room-team-is-doing-video.html

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

The fine print

To get credit for meeting another redditor at the rally, you'll need to exchange usernames and two-digit "rally codes". You can find out your own rally code at reddit.com/rally. After the event, when you're back on the Internet, you just type in the names and codes of the people you met and collect all your points. (If you have a cameraphone and / or printer, it's even easier; see below.) Important: Both redditors will need to verify each other's rally codes in order to get the points.

All photos must be taken at a rally or one of the related events (afterparties, etc). Satellite rallies are okay too, within reason; "The Official Florida State Freshman Dorm Fifth-Floor Lounge Reddit Rally of 2010, population: 2" probably isn't going to make the cut.

Photoshops will be disqualified (or, if really clever, pardoned) at the sole discretion of the admins, whose judgment is final. We'll also get really mad at anyone who posts their rally code online.

We don't yet know where we want you to submit your photos. Just hang onto them for now and we'll get back to you on that.

We admins will be making a post the morning of the rally with details of where we're standing (including GPS coordinates) and what we're wearing (including photos). So log on to reddit before things start, or get the information from one of the many redditors you meet.
http://redditblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about.html

quote:

Buy Shirts, Remember the Rally, Question Colbert, and Smile
Posted by Mike Schiraldi at 09:00 |
Labels: awards, colbert, interviews, shirts
Hey, does anyone remember October?

In case you missed the 947 blog posts, there were a few rallies held on the 30th. We promised you trophies and graphs, and we've finally finished crunching the numbers.

Graphstravaganza

We borrowed a computer that looks like this and mapped out all the connections you made with your QR codes.
With the use of graph theory and a few well-placed PMs, we were able to identify which cluster was DC and which were the satellite rallies. We also found a few suspicious submissions, but to the suspects' credit, every one of them openly admitted to cheating when we asked about it. Thanks for your (belated) honesty!

Okay, so we were talking about graphs... Let's start with the big one, the Washington DC rally. 1909 redditors reported in from there, establishing 12,987 connections amongst themselves! If you'll forgive our hubris, we've put ourselves at the center of the graph in red and colored everyone based on how many hops away they are from us. It's a very tight cluster, which makes it a good model of the actual rally, where we were embedded in a ten-by-ten tent surrounded on all sides by an ocean of people.

Interestingly, everyone was five or fewer degrees of separation away from us with the sole exception of RainbootedRobot (bottom of graph, in purple), whose tent number of 6 qualifies for a special trophy variant.

The graphs for the satellite rallies follow. Post a comment about which constellation / chemical / Zelda dungeon each one looks like!
http://redditblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/buy-shirts-remember-rally-question.html

A year before Occupy Wallstreet, Reddit was enrolling its users to help figure out how social network activity connected to real life mobilization. the Rally to Restore Sanity was even more of an op than you thought.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Torpor posted:

that page links to the rotherham child sex abuse scandal and that page has been significantly updated since I last looked and it will make you lose all faith in humanity. *extremely* suspicious behavior on the part of the authorities there.

there were two or three women who investigated the situation and they all found not only smoke but extremely large flames and they could describe the flames in perfect detail, and the authorities refused to act.

I don’t want to find out what aspects of that case are still being covered up. from what I can tell it seems like the johns, if that is the correct term for this context, were never seriously looked into.

whereas in OPs Wikipedia page there is only johns and that got lost.

please note I hesitate to use the word johns as a term here because I don’t want to imply -however slightly- any level of consent.

Thats the one where they did nothing because the kids were basically homeless prostitutes right? And when it all came out they threw up a smoke screen of ‘well u know what muslims are like’ and no more was said about the police and the country got a little more racist

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 01:49 on Dec 7, 2021

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

comedyblissoption posted:

someone unfamiliar with epstein who listened to the bits and pieces from npr about the ghislaine trial that i heard driving today would not realize that epstein had clients lol

Such as Bill Clinton and Donald Trump

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

http://redditblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about.html

http://redditblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/buy-shirts-remember-rally-question.html

A year before Occupy Wallstreet, Reddit was enrolling its users to help figure out how social network activity connected to real life mobilization. the Rally to Restore Sanity was even more of an op than you thought.

what da gently caress

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Torpor posted:

"Rapists" might be the word you're looking for.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sandweed posted:

everything is an op.

Yes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao the chain of custody on the Epstein and Ghislaine CDs on the the trueAnon coverage.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

the Rally to Restore Sanity was even more of an op than you thought.

Rally to restore sanity was one of the things that crack-pinged me about liberals. 2 wars, stock market crash, and Obama was giving the bankers everything they could ever want, and their major complaint was that people couldn’t be more polite.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
rally to restore my 401K (lets gut social security too)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dainserk/status/1467444546170728455

hmmm I wonder why

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

I wish I had a Twitter so I could ask him what he thinks of propaganda deux

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

cagliostr0 posted:

I wish I had a Twitter so I could ask him what he thinks of propaganda deux
He would probably answer you "Is it the french version of propaganda due?"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/WitchEBitch/status/1467757351373455361

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/MarlonEttinger/status/1467979609312567302

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

what the gently caress

:stare:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

did my man seriously show up for an underage date in his work shirt?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lmao @ rollingstone calling the conspiracy loony

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

neutral milf hotel posted:

what the gently caress

Yea that's been the biggest reveal I think from following the trial. Are those from the Palm Beach raid?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

neutral milf hotel posted:

what the gently caress

* they found a bunch of CDs in Epstein's apartment in NY
* Kimberly Meder was an analyst for the sex trafficking unit
* she learned what Epstein and Maxwell looked like before she started looking at the images in the seized CDs
* Meder testified that she saw both Epstein and Maxwell in at least one image on a CD

am I reading that right?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75EpoF1W88

Fitting because Arthur C Clarke was a pedophile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Sir Tonk posted:

did my man seriously show up for an underage date in his work shirt?

it's some serious "put on my cool guy shirt for the party" vibes.