Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
You'd think with the extremely high amount of cases of scalpers being shot and killed people would stop trying to flip these things for profit.
Some of these stories are outrageous, like doubling the agreed upon price at point of sale, mocking people for actually buying from a scalper(them, at point of sale), etc. What kind of personality does it take to:
a) do something that pisses people off (taking advantage of a shortage for make a quick buck)
b) directly insult the people who are already pissed off at you
c) do a and b while being fully cognizant that there are literally orphans out there because their fathers did what you're doing in the gun ownership capital of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

You'd think with the extremely high amount of cases of scalpers being shot and killed people would stop trying to flip these things for profit.
Some of these stories are outrageous, like doubling the agreed upon price at point of sale, mocking people for actually buying from a scalper(them, at point of sale), etc. What kind of personality does it take to:
a) do something that pisses people off (taking advantage of a shortage for make a quick buck)
c) do a and b while being fully cognizant that there are literally orphans out there because their fathers did what you're doing in the gun ownership capital of the world.

Scalpers? They literally profit on this, thats why they are what they are.

drunkill posted:

i've downloaded 28gb of Halo Infinite (Campaign) from the gamepass mobile app (or gamepass windows application too i guess?) which i assume is the bare bones initial campaign stuff and it'll download the rest in the background as you play the first few missions before the open world stuff starts.

Nah, thats the whole file size according to reports

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

They probably have about a 50% chance of either being shot or becoming the next Potus.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

how many scalpers have been shot and killed and left their children to be orphans, is that something the FBI is tracking?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

JUNGLE BOY posted:

how many scalpers have been shot and killed and left their children to be orphans, is that something the FBI is tracking?

No, it just comes up in the news alot.

Pretty soon the console war teenagers are gonna start comparing scalpers murder stats to bicker online.

"Oh man xbox only has six deaths hhaha ITS OVER, first Halo only got an 89% on metacritic now this SONY STAY WINNING"

The most recent shooting I can find is from a couple weeks ago, both consoles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Nj5tmzb-A

Strangely enough, he just shot the scalper and left, he didn't keep it. Also the cop refers to it as an "Uh...a PSP...a Playstation 5"

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1468025064297680896

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Disposable Scud posted:

Are there any deals/discounts for current subscribers?

That’s not how drug dealers work. The first one is free, the next one will cost ya.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
But is it any good?

My friend described it as "horde mode but linear" and when I asked him to elaborate he told me "the game spawns enemies that can't be killed for some reason". Googling that, it seems to be an anti-piracy measure (which is awesome) but didn't really help me know about the game's quality.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

It’s real bad

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

The most recent shooting I can find is from a couple weeks ago, both consoles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Nj5tmzb-A

that poor loving console

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

webmeister posted:

I don't even have an Xbox :lmao:

(it's actually true, I'm just here for the PC GamePass discussion since we don't have a separate thread for that, and PC-GP is still an insanely good deal)

PC GP users are always welcome here, that's what Phil would want. We are one big Xbox family.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

American McGay posted:

Imagine posting in the Xbox thread and not having Game Pass Ultimate.

grandfathered into this thread through posse posting dynamics in order to roll over the boxboys imo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Archvale is pretty fun but good lord the balance difficulty is a wild mess and the inventory management is insanely bad. Ive not played a game with inventory management this bad in a long long time. Ultima on the NES is slightly smoother.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

that poor loving console

The mud is what it is but that giant dent in the middle is the real kicker.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

Are there any deals/discounts for current subscribers?

Wario64 is a good follow on Twitter. There are often discounts on the retail codes. Nothing major but you can save a few bucks.

There's also Microsoft Rewards.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Xbox store keeps freezing when I try to redeem a GPU gift card. Any ideas?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Xbox store keeps freezing when I try to redeem a GPU gift card. Any ideas?

On PC or Xbox?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wait until tomorrow. I had the same thing happen and I tried the codes again the next day and they worked fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kept freezing on Xbox, worked first time on PC. The Xbox wasn't firing off the 2FA code for my bank app and just froze.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mine wouldn't work on my PC or phone or Xbox I was kind of worried it just absorbed my codes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Same. Now due to the magic of MS rewards, I have 5 months of GPU by using a few points and a 3month GPU card I got with the console. Nice!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Strangely enough, he just shot the scalper and left, he didn't keep it. Also the cop refers to it as an "Uh...a PSP...a Playstation 5"

it's not about the money, it's about sending a message

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

serious Sam 4 suuuucks

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

serious Sam 4 suuuucks

What's bad about it? Never played it myself, or any of the other ones but the screenshots make it seem fun.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Runs like poo poo, feels awful to play, takes ages to load.

First and Second Encounter are so much better.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I still can't fathom buying as many consoles from walmart at full retail then listing it again on walmart.com so walmart gets to double dip on the sale? how much do they get from the marketplace sale, another 10%? I mean that's the only reason walmart is allowing scalpers to list them at $900+....

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Did the drat thing using this Slickdeals guide

3 years for around $100, not bad

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

univbee posted:

It'll be interesting to see how this Halo pans out, we're in uncharted (not the PlayStation game franchise) territory.

- Fanbase so toxic they shut down the reddit Halo subforum over the weekend.
- Battle pass aside, the multiplayer is 100% free to play (don't even need XBL Gold apparently).
- So the $60 asking price is exclusively for the campaign, although since it's on Game Pass I suspect almost everyone will play it that way, or with a bundled game code if that's a thing.

The $60 includes forge too (once it’s released)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

serious Sam 4 suuuucks

I just tried streaming it and couldn't see a drat thing. Blurry and glitchy. Although it lead me to just hold down on the trigger which got me a super rare achievement.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Archvale has way too uneven a difficulty, with the final boss being a vertical goddamn cliff of difficulty even with 100% map completion, that I can't recommend it to anyone

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Majere posted:

I still can't fathom buying as many consoles from walmart at full retail then listing it again on walmart.com so walmart gets to double dip on the sale? how much do they get from the marketplace sale, another 10%? I mean that's the only reason walmart is allowing scalpers to list them at $900+....

I can't believe places like Wal-Mart and Amazon actually allow scalping. especially on items they are currently carrying and are just out of stock on. With how much they blur the lines between first and 3rd party sellers it just makes them look bad. I see it a lot with Lego too.

Like, Ebay sure. But actual retailers shouldn't be doing that.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I can't believe places like Wal-Mart and Amazon actually allow scalping. especially on items they are currently carrying and are just out of stock on. With how much they blur the lines between first and 3rd party sellers it just makes them look bad. I see it a lot with Lego too.

Amazon, Wal-Mart, Newegg, and any of those other platforms that allow 3rd party sellers are all basically just eBay now. It sucks and I've stopped buying from them. If I want eBay, I'll go to eBay.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's worse than Ebay cause you can't score good deals from 3rd parties (on that type of item at least). It's just gougers.

Edit: I guess ebay is just gougers for that type of item too.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Space Warlods Organ Trading Simulator has rad music.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Barudak posted:

Nah, thats the whole file size according to reports

It says 70 GB on the store and people are also saying 60 GB for the campaign.

https://mobile.twitter.com/343Postums/status/1467951188737888257

It'll be fun to see how well the MS servers cope with everyone downloading it at the same time.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Barudak posted:

Archvale has way too uneven a difficulty, with the final boss being a vertical goddamn cliff of difficulty even with 100% map completion, that I can't recommend it to anyone

I loved Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, and Undermine, so I figured this game would be for me... but it honestly just doesn't seem fun to me at all.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

ErrEff posted:

Space Warlods Organ Trading Simulator has rad music.

For sure. It's also a very fun and cool game, reminds me of the trading games I used to play in the 90's.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

veni veni veni posted:

my "favorite" thing is the absurd prices you get on certain items because some resellers apparently jack the price on items they're nearly put of stock on way up because the Amazon algorithm badly penalizes your store if you report that you're actually out of stock on something

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Feels Villeneuve posted:

my "favorite" thing is the absurd prices you get on certain items because some resellers apparently jack the price on items they're nearly put of stock on way up because the Amazon algorithm badly penalizes your store if you report that you're actually out of stock on something

That's just capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1468270110674587649