Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm pretty sure that's because g0m is european so paypal converts for him

Lowtax was such a dweeb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Jesus. Yeah, if it goes that far I would expect management to come down hard to stop it. That sounds way, way over the line.

It's an extremely bad faith representation of what actually happened, as is usually the case

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
*cough* Lowtax owed me $1000. No way to verify. Just gotta take my word for it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I get paid by the post, lump sum payouts are for suckers

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

It's an extremely bad faith representation of what actually happened, as is usually the case

Someone in the gbs reddit thread posted a perfect comment about people like that

Mental health issues aren't your fault but they are your responsibility.

There's a point where the layman can see "this is a cry for help" but when you are aggressive and combative to people you don't get to then weaponize your issues as a shield against criticism.

It came up a bit when talking about Muerte's deathmarch plan. A couple of wokescolds years later want to paint the whole thing as cruel bullying when it was 99% Muerte posting his insane plans and insulting anyone who pointed out problems. All the later "harassing" was just people following his publicly posted travelogue in the thread and making fun of it.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 19:12 on Dec 8, 2021

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

Someone in the gbs reddit thread posted a perfect comment about people like that

There's a point where the layman can see "this is a cry for help" but when you are aggressive and combative to people you don't get to then weaponize your issues as a shield against criticism.

So true. tough responsibility, but true.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

pentyne posted:

It came up a bit when talking about Muerte's deathmarch plan. A couple of wokescolds years later want to paint the whole thing as cruel bullying when it was 99% Muerte posting his insane plans and insulting anyone who pointed out problems. All the later "harassing" was just people following his publicly posted travelogue in the thread and making fun of it.

After discovering my brokenness in therapy and how it made me act, one of the first things hammered in was that it was no excuse and I have to take responsibility even for what happens when I am not in control of myself.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

After discovering my brokenness in therapy and how it made me act, one of the first things hammered in was that it was no excuse and I have to take responsibility even for what happens when I am not in control of myself.

Getting to a place where you just understand that what happened to you is not your fault is tough enough. For me, i developed a belief that I deserved it. Getting past that and then facing the fact that you now have a responsibility to fix what someone else broke can be really enraging. It feels like getting shot in the foot and then blamed for having a limp.

Cosmic Thing has a new favorite as of 19:27 on Dec 8, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cosmic Thing posted:

Getting to a place where you just understand what happened to you is not your fault is tough enough. For me, i developed a belief that I deserved it. Getting past that and then facing the fact that you now have a responsibility to fix what someone else broke can be really enraging.

Yuuuuuup.

I'm unfixable, I just learn to manage. Trauma is no joke, and never entirely goes away

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

Yuuuuuup.

I'm unfixable, I just learn to manage. Trauma is no joke, and never entirely goes away

I know... it really sucks dude. It's so true, too... you don't get over it.

You get better at learning to manage it, tho.... someday I will... i know it.

Cosmic Thing has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Dec 8, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cosmic Thing posted:

I know... it really sucks dude. It's so true, too... you don't get over it.

:glomp:

Btw, not a dude :biglips:

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

:glomp:

Btw, not a dude :biglips:

Hah, me either. i say dude a lot. :P thanks for the hug fellow goonnette :)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I've got a tripple whammy of BPD, alcoholism, and PTSD, and one of the things that's still hard to navigate is recognizing that I shouldn't feel bad about myself because of my formerly-untreated issues, but also, the people who I lose contact with because I was an unstable rear end in a top hat also deserve to be free of my toxicity and prolly won't come back. I was in fact an rear end in a top hat, and the only thing I can do is move forward and not treat new friends and loved ones the way I treated the people I hurt.

Also it's rough but necessary to internalize "the person your lost loved ones liked was the real you, the person they hated was drunk untreated rear end you. Which you do you want to be?"

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Dec 8, 2021

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I've got a tripple whammy of BPD, alcoholism, and PTSD, and one of the things that's still hard to navigate is recognizing that I shouldn't feel bad about myself because of my formerly-untreated issues, but also, the people who I lose contact with because I was an unstable rear end in a top hat also deserve to be free of my toxicity and prolly won't come back. I was in fact an rear end in a top hat, and the only thing I can do is move forward and not treat new friends and loved ones the way I treated the people I hurt.

It sounds like you've done a lot of hard work. That's really good.

Cosmic Thing has a new favorite as of 19:52 on Dec 8, 2021

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I have dptsd, alcoholism, bpd, autism, schizophrenia, narcolepsy, foot in mouth disease, triskaidekaphobia, Lou Bega's disease, dwarfism, triple dick syndrome, Benjamin buttonism, Alzheimer's, butt poop idiot disorder, cognitive impairment, subtractive congunctivitis, antidisestablishmentarianism, full frontal lobotomy reconstruction, meneires disease, toxic shock syndrome, dorsal knee psoriasis, hammer smashed face, odd/even osteoporosis, impartial ibs, asthma in one nostril, and diabetes but my handlers are trying to walk me through trying not to be a burden on my friends and family.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Spanish Manlove posted:

I have dptsd, alcoholism, bpd, autism, schizophrenia, narcolepsy, foot in mouth disease, triskaidekaphobia, Lou Bega's disease, dwarfism, triple dick syndrome, Benjamin buttonism, Alzheimer's, butt poop idiot disorder, cognitive impairment, subtractive congunctivitis, antidisestablishmentarianism, full frontal lobotomy reconstruction, meneires disease, toxic shock syndrome, dorsal knee psoriasis, hammer smashed face, odd/even osteoporosis, impartial ibs, asthma in one nostril, and diabetes but my handlers are trying to walk me through trying not to be a burden on my friends and family.
Wayne gretzky once made a version of this post where he said he had "borderlands personality disorder" and I'll remember that forever.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Wayne gretzky once made a version of this post where he said he had "borderlands personality disorder" and I'll remember that forever.

I'll never forget his balls tbqh

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spanish Manlove posted:

The good news is you definitely don't have dyslexia. Lots of hard-to-spell words there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah, it sucks having all of these plus monorchidism, St. Vitus Dance, dropsy, club sandwich feet, Ed Zachary disease, and feline leukemia.

Seriously, how is it that whenever people on the internet discuss their mental health issues it turns into a weird, accidental game of oneupmanship? I don't think it happens on purpose but they always leave me thinking "everyone else is worse off than me so what am I complaining about?" Which isn't really helpful when discussing mental wellbeing.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 20:13 on Dec 8, 2021

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, it sucks having all of these plus monorchidism, St. Vitus Dance, dropsy, club sandwich feet, Ed Zachary disease, and feline leukemia.

Seriously, how is it that whenever people on the internet discuss their mental health issues it turns into a weird, accidental game of oneupmanship? I don't think it happens on purpose but they always leave me thinking "everyone else is worse off than me so what am I complaining about?" Which isn't really helpful when discussing mental wellbeing.

you must engage in battle and the victor takes on the illnesses of the defeated, like highlander

in the end only the most afflicted has room to talk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
psa: Not everybody who makes a bad post on the internet is a rugged tragic hero

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

fusing a persona with all the cool disabilities so i can never be trolled

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

steinrokkan posted:

psa: Not everybody who makes a bad post on the internet is a rugged tragic hero

:negative:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Remember goons, if you admit to having issues instead of being above it all and very cool, you're making it up as a lameo who desperately wants posting cred.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Remember goons, if you admit to having issues instead of being above it all and very cool, you're making it up as a lameo who desperately wants posting cred.

:ok:

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm yet to meet a goon who doesn't have issues.

Sorry. That was a lame joke. I have issues.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Seriously, how is it that whenever people on the internet discuss their mental health issues it turns into a weird, accidental game of oneupmanship?

No one in this thread was doing this until the dipshit squad showed up, hth.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

packetmantis posted:

dipshit squad

:wave:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

this isn't new

when mocking the mentally ill became unfashionable people just started framing it as the person sucked so much they gave themselves the mental illness so it's ok to hate them, this way every depressed person could have avoided their fate by being more normal

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i suffer from hot tub foot and parker posey pox

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

packetmantis posted:

I wasn't talking about just this thread. I've seen it happen elsewhere.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i suffer from hot tub foot and parker posey pox

I can one up that. I have hot tub foot in both hands and feet and pingles... its when you get parker posey pox and then get it again later in life.
But it's my responsibility now, and tho I do the best I can, people just make fun of me for not being normal. :(

Cosmic Thing has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Dec 8, 2021

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

packetmantis posted:

DIPSHIT SQUAD REPRESENT WHAT WHAT

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

I wasn't talking about you.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dipshit squad gangtag when

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dipshit squad gangtag when

It's already in the system :D

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Everything feels like oneupmanship when you're struggling with issues stemming from your childhood hulkamania

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

packetmantis posted:

I wasn't talking about you.

Well, thanks. Yeh seriously tho when discussing mental health, I do think it is important not to compete. Competing with pain is not productive ever. It is kind of difficult to be heard online or irl. Its good to acknowledge, empathize, validate, and encourage. thats my two cents I guess.

When someone is expressing their pain tho i have a knee jerk reaction sometimes where I am like oooh yeah i have pain too can i get in there and talk about mine as well? I guess a lot of people relate to that.. thats not necessarily oneupmanship either.. sometimes it is a need to be heard and acknowledged yourself. A lot of people feel pretty alone dealing with big poo poo and need to talk and its hard to figure out the give and take sometimes.

Cosmic Thing has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Dec 8, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

some plague rats posted:

Everything feels like oneupmanship when you're struggling with issues stemming from your childhood hulkamania

Yay, your old avatar is back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

some plague rats posted:

Hulkamania runs wild in my family, I was lucky enough to not inherit it myself but that wasn't the case for my brotherrrrr