Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

slave to my cravings posted:

Tarja Halonen would never have done this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Testvan posted:

this week's update was just released:

thats right

navigation
Sep 30, 2009

Why Am I So Tired posted:

This is making it completely impossible to get through to my parents and my in-laws. In their minds Fauci / the CDC / the NYT are 100% reputable institutions and objective and lacking any agenda, and Twitter is just random people yelling at each other. That combined with Trump's feuding with the media / government institutions makes me come across as a Qanon'er for citing basic facts (my MIL thinks I'm a "vaccine shedder" conspiracy theorist because I said COVID is airborne and can hang in the air for hours). It's so infuriating and demoralizing. My dad is a lifelong leftist too, there's just no getting through.

yep, yep, yep. watching "it's just the flu", "can't let the cure be worse than the disease", "everyone deserves to be able to make their own individual choices", "i'll be fine if I catch it because <x>" migrate from the right wing onto almost everyone (by way of these institutions making it happen) has been incredibly draining.

mod sassinator posted:

i legit worry for the mental health of chise when this happens. she might have an external bluster, but internally if you were responsible for the deaths of your friends... that will haunt you to your grave and maybe drive you there too

IMHO she needs to back out now while she still can and just delete all the "its mild" tweets. people will blame and shame when it's clearly not the case. that will crush a psyche

she'd just either directly cite or allude to an "underlying condition" on the person that died and wash her and the community's hands of it. nothing will ever get through to these (mild) sociopaths.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jon Irenicus posted:

tired: reminding people about initial masking guidelines being insanely wrong and destroying public trust
wired: telling them that the vaccine-only strategy was never viable to begin with

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Asproigerosis posted:

The Finnish minister being really attractive makes me very sad because I'm not at all attractive or a fish president.

:same:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/KFF/status/1468656886144765969

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the pattern wasn't any different for adults.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Korean Boomhauer posted:

it sucks rear end theres no real trusted health authorities you can point at and use as a source to not host events becuase they are more or less trying to keep number happy, so you have to listen to actual scientific types on twitter, but trying to explain to people that someone on twitter said "better safe than sorry" makes you sound like a crank and you'll just end up hearing stuff like "but the cdc says not to wear masks" or whatever.

:nsa:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

mod sassinator posted:

so far it seems like the best estimate is about 1% of cases omicron in the US right now

doubling every 3 days

It's Wednesday, so I'm expecting the WA variant report, but I forget what time of day that rolls out. Do you remember?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

finland owns

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

triple sulk posted:

finland owns

Finland is the West Virginia of Europe.

Or West Virginia is the Finland of America. I forget which.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh so i guess i'm not vaccinated anymore since i got triple pfizer, cool awesome

when can i get a j&j shot then you gently caress?

pfizer is a mrna vaccine, you count as fully vaccinated

this is the trick moderna did with their name lol it works very well

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

genericnick posted:

gently caress, I miss Korean barbecue.

hmart has the right cuts and even pre-marinated packages

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

triple sulk posted:

finland owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7_pVrIshxA

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

gently caress them kids

the epstein thread is that a way

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Is the prime minister of West Virginia attractive?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I have strong attachments to west Virginia and eastern Europe maybe my god calling is to be the magnet king of finland

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this just reaffirms my findings

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Asproigerosis posted:

I have strong attachments to west Virginia and eastern Europe maybe my god calling is to be the magnet king of finland

You'll need more 5g shots if you want to become a magnet

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mod sassinator posted:

i had to check and holy loving poo poo we haven't approved boosters for 11-15 year olds

holy

loving

poo poo

how is the FDA not meeting _right now_ to fast track and immediately approve these???

these kids have had 2nd shots months and months ago now. they are very at risk for omicron! we have no idea how bad it will hurt them in the long run! this is bad!

https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1468601305102962689

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

given it's still circulating on twitter i'll correct it here, this table has been updated:
https://twitter.com/M_B_Petersen/status/1468637812144680962

to:
https://twitter.com/M_B_Petersen/status/1468645554406236160

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Iron Crowned posted:

probably, she's a doctor who travels between Beckley and White Sulphur Springs and who has a strong association with a local distiller who runs moonshine from VA into southern WV and KY.

(this joke only works for me but I am laughing).

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo
Being in charge of an unimportant country has to be so much funner than being POTUS where you have to live with the responsibility to get woken up from a dead sleep at 3am to make the call in 30 seconds to launch on warning after sub-launched missiles were 90% certain to be detected or whatever, and where to target.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Iron Crowned posted:

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Hey covid thread, I'm going to get tested! Housemate got a pcr today because she felt slightly cruddy.
I'm going to get tested out of caution - I don't really have any symptoms, but I've got an inperson class thing scheduled for Friday and work wants me to get a test.

I asked for yall to mock me if I popped positive from my souper sreader event- I'll let you know how it goes!

(*triple pfizered, boost was october, about a month after recovering from delta)

:rubby:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

this ghastly thing is governor, not prime minister

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/FloofyRainer/status/1468671543525838851

too many sonny's bbq

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

What's this I've been hearing in the news about Covid being over?

Anyway I went to my local succnfuck and had a few people spit in my mouth to celebrate, I'm a normal not irrevocably broken human being that would rather die than give up hedonisms.

Get therapy guys!

Hey have you guys heard about this new wholesum family fun game called Russian Roulette? I'm getting all of my closest and dearest loved ones together and we're going to have a great time, you with your obvious debilitating depression I imagine will not be joining, maybe you need to counselor to help with "loaded revolver being chambered and fired at your brain" exposure therapy?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

10% mortality rate? That's not actually that so bad. That's like 90% survival rate!

if the US lost 30 million people, highly favoring trump supporters, the world would be a measurably better place

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Wang Commander posted:

Being in charge of an unimportant country has to be so much funner than being POTUS where you have to live with the responsibility to get woken up from a dead sleep at 3am to make the call in 30 seconds to launch on warning after sub-launched missiles were 90% certain to be detected or whatever, and where to target.

NGL I would have assumed the PM of Finland would at least have a Gary that would have had her phone handy and nearby while she was out.

Almighty Ken
Nov 5, 2006

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
remember when we had to "flatten the curve"? that was fun, but i'm glad covid is finally over.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Very

Penisaurus Sex posted:

this ghastly thing is governor, not prime minister

EFB

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Hey covid thread, I'm going to get tested! Housemate got a pcr today because she felt slightly cruddy.
I'm going to get tested out of caution - I don't really have any symptoms, but I've got an inperson class thing scheduled for Friday and work wants me to get a test.

I asked for yall to mock me if I popped positive from my souper sreader event- I'll let you know how it goes!

(*triple pfizered, boost was october, about a month after recovering from delta)

:rubby:

i hope u don’t lose the ability to taste soup bud

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Stoop Kid posted:

i hope u don’t lose the ability to taste soup bud

:same:

soup rules

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

First suggested tweet for balance.

https://twitter.com/rakibehsan/status/1468509093241438210

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
yeah idk I think the usa will collapse before covid gets under control

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Korean Boomhauer posted:

it sucks rear end theres no real trusted health authorities you can point at and use as a source to not host events becuase they are more or less trying to keep number happy, so you have to listen to actual scientific types on twitter, but trying to explain to people that someone on twitter said "better safe than sorry" makes you sound like a crank and you'll just end up hearing stuff like "but the cdc says not to wear masks" or whatever.

:china:

If you ever wonder what best practices are for covid just look at what the CCP is doing

Bonus if they say China is lying then say that makes them the brainwashed conspiracy theorist without any evidence not you

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I can't stop laughing that this is all entirely a personal choice to review this restaurant and have this experience during a global airborne pandemic

https://everywhereist.com/2021/12/bros-restaurant-lecce-we-eat-at-the-worst-michelin-starred-restaurant-ever/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Amazing how Comrade Xi was able to stop pandemic using solely NPIs.

It probably helps to not have a idiotic nation in which people either want to go to brunch for a $22 eggs benedict or watch conspiracy alt right news the whole day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

kazmeyer posted:

FIRE UP THAT LOUD
ANOTHER ROUND OF SHOTS
OMICRON FOR WHAT