Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Halloween Jack posted:

Whereas I'm the "do 3.5g of weed concentrate and eat a couple pounds of chocolate" type.

When it comes to *actual* chocolate...yeah, me too.

But I've found that with men...less of a good thing is better than more of a lovely thing.

edit: what a dum snipe

OhAreThey fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Combo posted:

My brother in law and his wife have 3 boys that are all teenagers, the oldest is 18. They just had a baby this year.

Not completely out of the question.

I feel like 15 to 45 would be possible for many women?
Surely the limiting factor is life circumstances and desire to have kids across a long range.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Are people really not familiar with "afterthought" children?

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Combo posted:

My brother in law and his wife have 3 boys that are all teenagers, the oldest is 18. They just had a baby this year.

Not completely out of the question.

Yeah, there's a fair amount of "surprise" babies that happen when Mom and Dad figure Mom's old enough that they don't have to worry about birth control anymore. Whoops, pregnant.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

AITA turning the oven off while cooking thanksgiving dinner after my husband kept shouting orders at me?

quote:

I (33f, wfh job) have been married to my husband (37m, working in the military) for a year. We had a long distance relationship and I'd met his family handful of times.

I wasn't allowed to take part in Thanksgiving dinner preparation til I was officially married into the family. This year my husband invited his family to spend thanksgiving with us.

I was happy to cook thanksgiving turkey for the family but the thing is whenever we're having guests over and I'm the one cooking. My husband' pop in to the kitchen every few minutes literally shouting stuff like "So how we doing?, the chicken's not ready yet?!.hurry up let's go" and "that shrimp ain't going to cook itself" and "let's go let's go come on guests are starving!!" and "youre too slow move faster!" AND " COME ON LETS GO LETS GO LETS GO" like I was in the military or one of his recruits (he has frog voice from constantly yelling) Him constantly pressuring me like that caused me so many injuries because I crack under pressure and get really stressed resulting in having accidents.

Thanksgiving day while I was cooking dinner he did the same thing. He kept coming into the kitchen saying "FOLKS ARE GETTING HUNGRY! WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG? then full on shouting "COME ON LET'S GO! LET'S GO" and "HURRY UP LETS GO! MOVE!". I was like 😤 at this point you know and his family were dumbfounded. His mom offered to help but I said thanks and warned him to stop or I will stop cooking and he doubled down with an expected "4 MORE MINUTES LET'S GO LET'S GO!". I stop, turn the oven off and tell him I was done no more cooking. He starts arguing with me saying I can't stop mid task but I apologize to the family and tell his mom she was welcome to finish the turkey but he didn't allow her and told them he was taking them to eat out to spite me after what I did. I was shocked didn't expect this. They literally got in their cars and left.

He got home by 11 and said what I did turning the oven and refusing to serve his family who were guests was tasteless and irresponsible. I said he was putting me under pressure and I couldn't take but still said this was on me since he's used to military routine and I'm acting like I'm surprised with how he tends to get things mixed up between work and home.

It's been days and he keeps cold shouldering me for ruining our first thankgiving with his family despite saying "I'm not angry, I got better things to do" his family is pissed.

AITA?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Mr. Lobe posted:

I just don't understand how a person spends more than 20 dollars a month on weed, that gets me blasted out of my mind 3 times a week every week in a month. Flower heating vape pens work very efficiently. Or maybe I am just blessed with low tolerance?

Anyway, content:

AITA for getting my neighbors arrested over weed?

I blame TV and movies for making people think you can just "press" and "drop" charges at will as a private citizen, instead of police and prosecutors just doing whatever they want.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

cumshitter posted:

AITA turning the oven off while cooking thanksgiving dinner after my husband kept shouting orders at me?

This story makes me scared that I would snap and try to murder someone under similar circumstances.
Like, in a fight to the death I would definitely get my rear end killed by 90% of the population, but it wouldn't stop until one of us was dead.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Military brain worms and stupid as hell. You can't rush cooking. That's how you get...not so great food.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The husband's behavior is inexcusable, but do they not follow schedules and timetables in the military?
If OP said food would be ready by 7p, why would he be yelling every 5min?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
AITA for making my boyfriend break his expensive pool stick?

quote:

Yesterday I (19F) and my boyfriend (20M) were hanging out at his house. We hang out a lot there (almost everyday) and do things like play video games and play pool, and sometimes we’ll go walk around the woods behind his place. Yesterday, though, we were sitting on his bed and I was watching him play his video game and he handed the controller to me and said I could play and he sat back on his bed on his phone.

The night previously, I had spent quite a bit of time on this video game and I had learned a lot of new tricks and I wanted to show him how good I was getting at the game. He didn’t really pay attention and kept on his phone and then right after he got up saying he was going to play a game of pool.

This would have been fine if he hadn’t completely ignored me. I just expected that he would look at my game this once because he likes to show me the cool things that he does on his video games.

So I go out with him to play pool and I (mistakenly) brought it up to him; how I wished he would have stayed in the house for a few more minutes so I could have showed off my tricks (the game is Skate 3 and I had never played before I met him so it was kind of hard for me).

He gets immediately upset with me saying how he is “tired of the b***hing” because i had previously brought up a few weeks ago how I feel like I always do what he wants to do but I have to nag him to get him to do what he wants to do. Keep in mind he is a woodsman, and while I don’t mind going hunting sometimes a lot of the time I do it out of sacrifice because I know he enjoys it and it makes me happy seeing him happy.

He then goes on to shout and slam his Birdseye Maple pool stick (that can go for hundreds of dollars but he got it for free from a friend) against the pool table, which of course it breaks right in half. Then he tells me to go home, and slams the door of the pool shed door closed and I’m outside.

I feel like if i didn’t bring it up he wouldn’t have reacted like that but I can’t just keep quiet when I feel a way. AITA?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

cumshitter posted:

:killing:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Grimdude posted:

Hahaha. Okay this has to be bait.

There's no way you smoke three times a week and somehow can't imagine someone spending over $20 in a whole month.

I kid you not, I get a lot out of the same gram of weed and a vape pen. 1/4 of the gram fills the chamber, and is effective for at least 3 uses for me. Often more, but it gets diminishing returns.

I assume it is because it is more efficient to put it in a small heated chamber and bake it than burning it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for not promoting a long time employee?

Of course this head-up-rear end dipshit doubles down in his comments, because why wouldn't he :lol:

Regarding J searching for other jobs

quote:

I didn't hold it against him at the time, but combined with his recent behavior, it's clear to me that he was more concerned with his position and salary than genuinely helping the company.

quote:

I've said it before in my replies, but I value integrity and trust over all. Not only is B my son, but I feel like the trust I had with J was damaged by his open attempts to look for other jobs while still with our firm. I know J's time with the company is significant, but I really feel like the events in March have hurt my trust in J, which is something I just can't allow for my 2nd in command.

quote:

J always has, and still does maintain an important role in the firm. His work for the company is crucial to our operations, and we wanted to keep him at the company at all costs, which is why we compromised with him in March to convince him to stay.

"He's SO IMPORTANT to our company that we passed him up for a promotion we strongly implied & verbally agreed he'd get so I could play favorites with my son! Now he's upset that I lied, how unprofessional!"

And of course

quote:

M was with the firm for around 7 years before he reached B's position. I know it seems drastic, but I truly feel like my son is capable of succeeding in this role.

I hope J not only quits for a better spot, but leaves without notice & burns that place to the ground like Milton from Office Space

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's a private equity firm. I hope the building burns to the ground with all of them in it.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I kid you not, I get a lot out of the same gram of weed and a vape pen. 1/4 of the gram fills the chamber, and is effective for at least 3 uses for me. Often more, but it gets diminishing returns.

I assume it is because it is more efficient to put it in a small heated chamber and bake it than burning it.
I had a landlady who smoked for pain relief, and her experience was similar to yours. And this was over a decade ago, before the explosion in different consumer options.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Halloween Jack posted:

AITA for making my boyfriend break his expensive pool stick?

Reddit, I am worried that my boyfriend's abusive outbursts are really my fault.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People who constantly make the entire apartment building stink deserve a little brutalization from the police. Zero sympathy for folks who constant smoke in multi-unit buildings even after neighbours and landlord all tell them to knock it off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
...is it common to have a separated shed specifically for playing pool?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

People who constantly make the entire apartment building stink deserve a little brutalization from the police. Zero sympathy for folks who constant smoke in multi-unit buildings even after neighbours and landlord all tell them to knock it off.

I hope the police illegally injure people that I find morally objectionable, too, because I'm a sociopath.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Baronjutter posted:

People … deserve a little brutalization from the police.

Nah hard disagree there, chief. Nobody deserves that and it shouldn’t be happening.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Speaking of poly disasters, does anyone have the one where the woman wanted to open the relationship so her bi partner hopped on Grindr and got extremely laid, much to her jealousy? The guy dropped an absolute iceburn along the lines of "at least men want to gently caress me" when she demanded he stop

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've known people made homeless because of horrible neighbours blasting smoke in the building non-stop making it unlivable for anyone with any sort of allergies or just not wanting to smell that crap all day. I'd love for there to not be police though, so some sort of citizens militia could come and force selfish assholes like that to knock it the gently caress off. That's a huge problem in our society, there's no escalation steps between "meekly ask someone to stop filling your building with smoke" and "police violence". A non-lovely landlord should actually deal with the situation, that's their job to enforce rules and start eviction process when people ruining the building for everyone else won't let up but most landlords are lazy pieces of poo poo who don't care about their tenants.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

LanceHunter posted:

If this isn't fake, then there is more than enough information in this post for everyone in the company to find out exactly who OP is. Private equity firms aren't McDonalds franchises, they aren't so common that you can assume there are enough instances of this kind of thing that you can give that much detail and not immediately be able to pin it down to you.
I think there are probably thousands of PE firms in the US.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

haveblue posted:

...is it common to have a separated shed specifically for playing pool?

If you live out in the legit country like this post implies he does, lands so cheap out there that you can definitely have something like that no problem. Especially if you’re rich enough to afford a $500 pool stick you break over a Skate 3 argument.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Baronjutter posted:

I've known people made homeless because of horrible neighbours blasting smoke in the building non-stop making it unlivable for anyone with any sort of allergies or just not wanting to smell that crap all day. I'd love for there to not be police though, so some sort of citizens militia could come and force selfish assholes like that to knock it the gently caress off. That's a huge problem in our society, there's no escalation steps between "meekly ask someone to stop filling your building with smoke" and "police violence". A non-lovely landlord should actually deal with the situation, that's their job to enforce rules and start eviction process when people ruining the building for everyone else won't let up but most landlords are lazy pieces of poo poo who don't care about their tenants.

Okay that’s a much better thing to say than some people deserve to be brutalized, ty

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Today's search term in legal advice: 'Christmas tree.'

Ex roommate and the 4-Year-old Christmas tree

quote:

This will get rather long, so please bear with me as I feel this is incredibly insane. I am going to dial back for 4 years 2016. I was moved out of my father's and placed in assistance for behavioral health to work on my independence, in New Jersey. A little bit about me, my mental health was enabling me to care for my physical and mental state as it was my father who had to choose this to help me find my way to adulthood. Now I state that because I was first moved into the two-floor house with one female roommate and two older men on the first floor.

I'd would like to state that we as low-income are in this housing for all different reasons. I was about 22 at the time and my roommate was 40. Within 2 weeks it was a disaster, I caught her doing illegal drugs, she threatened me, she was explosive and could not control any of her emotions, she was this giant roller coaster eating my food, taking my belongings and insulting me. 10 months she was evicted.. but the summer before her eviction a neighbor across the street gave an old Christmas for free because he could not sell it at his garage sale. I remember so clearly he kicked it to her and said "Here have it?" and she was delighted. During her eviction, she never took the tree. Ok, I like to clarify it is Law that she had 30 days to probably 6 months to take that drat tree... poo poo.. should have taken 4 years in the process... Because 4 years later my assistance moved me to my apartment after my roommate after my prior roommate (2016) got pregnant not under the regulations of this assistance. SO HEY, the assistance moved me into my apartment and it took time to adjust but I also brought an emotional support animal, I succeded in independence. The great catch is out of more than 10 of my neighbors in this complex my ex-roommate of 4 years is one of them and YES I TOOK THE TREE, to my new apartment. She has been spreading rumors that the tree was 300 dollars. She said I was a Slut 4 years ago and I sleep with multiple men. She has called the assisted living office and corporate office about this tree. She called my a f**King BTCH about it and told the police I stole it and that the assistance gave me the Brat a 300 dollar Martha stuet tree and I could laugh on how this white tree is practically turning yellow..... I believe this tree is more than 4 years old... I think the irritating thing is that I heard from 4 neighbors, 1 counselor from my assistance and the maintenance guy?? I hope from reading this you could understand she has a reputation. Everyone knows she suffers severely... but no one wants to handle her and I wholeheartedly understand why. Now I do not know why I have the support her behavior as I was told to give the tree back... I said no and I meant it when I said "She can pick it out of the trash when I buy a new one" NOW it has escalated I constantly am told what is said about me which is the judgment of my character and all this time I waiting for it to boil in her where she can be less of a coward and say something to me.

She did, she told me I stole her NOW 500 dollar tree. She told me I was corrupted and I was part of this scheme ( Don't ask I know her crazy paranoia) I was a brat and a thief and I should look out because she going to sue me.

Mind you this is when she was walking her pitbull.. and I was walking my dog. I walked away and said nothing because publicly is was frightening and embarrassing.

So i'd like to ask.. can i make a case against her? Because this behavior is what i recorded physically living with her and THAT GOT HER OUT. I don't care about getting her out! i care about not rewriting history. What can I do? CAN RECORD? Should i document? I can't even walk my dog...

Thank you C:

[FL] I broke my brother's face with a Christmas tree, family threatening legal action to pay for the hospital

quote:

Very early yesterday morning (as in, 5 AM or so, I normally get up around 7), I was woken up by car noises outside my apartment. While I was trying to go back to sleep, I heard the apartment door open (I live alone) and someone enter the apartment.

I shouted who was there, got no answer, and grabbed the heaviest object I could find, a battery-powered Christmas tree I keep on my dresser. I walked out of my bedroom and saw someone moving in the kitchen. I shouted again who was there, they didn't answer, and I threw the Christmas tree at the person and knocked them down.

It turns out it was my brother, and he was silent because he was hoping I hadn't seen him. My family and girlfriend were in the car, they'd used my girlfriend's key and were planning a surprise birthday party.

My brother had to go to the hospital, where it turns out my thrown Christmas tree broke his nose, knocked out a few teeth, and did various other damage to his face. My family is threatening legal action if I don't pay for his hospital bills and any surgery he needs to restore how his face looks.

I think this is an empty threat, there's plenty of evidence that I repeatedly screamed at my brother to identify himself as he entered the apartment without warning (my girlfriend said she could hear me shouting from the car), but I'm not sure.

Do I have anything to worry about?

My husband drained our accounts and wants to kick the kids and I out of the house in a week.

quote:

HI- they told me in r/relationships that this is illegal, and that you guys would have advice. We're in Ohio. I need a divorce lawyer. On Wednesday, I bought him a loving Christmas present. On Thursday, I found out he gave me a STI. On Friday, he admitted he's been cheating. Yesterday, he drained our accounts. He says I need to be out of the house by Christmas Eve.

We have four kids, 8, 6,5 and 2. I haven't worked since the oldest was born. Our relationship has been bad since before my youngest daughter was born- we hadn't meant to get pregnant. This week, I tested positive for an STI. I investigated, confronted him and he admitted it. We had a huge fight, he stormed out of the house. Yesterday, my credit card was declined at the grocery store, and I couldn't get cash. He has EMPTIED all of our accounts. I was in charge of the bills and finances; I know exactly how much was in our checking, savings and money market account. He's changed his password for his 401(k). He didn't respond to my frantic texts all day, but just sent me an email saying I had a week to get myself and "my kids" out of "his house", and I had better get a job or go "back to my parents" if I expect to feed them. We bought the house together, before the kids were born and I paid half of the down payment. I have no money or credit cards, so I can't even get a lawyer. I am sitting here staring at a Christmas tree, crying and wondering if I'll have to return my children's presents for food. I have no idea how this happened. I live two hours away from my family, so even if I got a job, I'd have to pay for day care. Should I sell my wedding and engagement rings? Do I make a resume and apply for a job in my old field (accounting) or just get a job at Starbucks or McDonald's? Can he do this?

tl;dr: I'm a SAHM and my husband has taken all of my money and is going to kick us out of the house. I am simply in shock.

Husband is kind of a nut, has security cameras pointed at neighbor's houses.

quote:

Asking here from the Glorious state of Missouri, about an hour south of St. Louis in a town of around 7000 souls.

So, yeah, he's harmless, but man, does he love his cameras and motion detection lights. Our house lights up like a goddamned Christmas tree whenever someone drives by. The security cameras our on our property, pointed at our car and our lawnmower shed, but you can clearly see the two of our neighbors' houses. There are only four houses on our street, and we're been on pretty good terms with everyone, more or less. He's spoken to the owners of both of these houses to brag about his cameras, let them know he's got them on video, and told them that if anything happens to their places he's be glad to hand the footage over the cops if they asked.

One of them, directly across from us, seemed less than happy about this. I can understand her point of view, I don't know that I'm entirely happy about it either. But in order to film our cars, we pretty much have to get her house too.

He's a combat veteran with PTSD, and I think the cameras are a symptom of this. I don't really think we need them, we're not in a high crime area. But he really loves them. So... how legal is all of this? He's also considering hardwiring high wattage flood lights around the place to make the place even more secure. If it helps with his anxiety (which he does have meds for) then I guess it's harmless enough.

Assuming it's actually legal, that is. Well, off to work, will reply to any responses or questions in the middle of the night.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Cythereal posted:

My husband drained our accounts and wants to kick the kids and I out of the house in a week.

We have four kids, 8, 6,5 and 2. I haven't worked since the oldest was born.
I live two hours away from my family, so even if I got a job, I'd have to pay for day care.
Do I make a resume and apply for a job in my old field (accounting) or just get a job at Starbucks or McDonald's?

Is there any part of the country where daycare for 4 could be covered by a service job?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Tenkaris posted:

Nah hard disagree there, chief. Nobody deserves that and it shouldn’t be happening.

Not even as a treat?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

kimbo305 posted:

Is there any part of the country where daycare for 4 could be covered by a service job?

I mean she needs to be focused on getting an attorney because if she gets anyone even slightly decent he is about to have a very bad time

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

B-Rock452 posted:

I mean she needs to be focused on getting an attorney because if she gets anyone even slightly decent he is about to have a very bad time

good news

Update- My husband tried to close our accounts and kick myself and the kids out of our house.

quote:

Here's the original: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/5j2max/my_husband_drained_our_accounts_and_wants_to_kick/

First, I want to say that I logged out of this account that evening, and didn't come back until now, and I was BLOWN AWAY by all of the people offering food, gift certificates, or just good will, and I started crying.. again. I will respond to each of you individually.

So, to recap: My STBX is a cheating rear end, and he panicked and tried to erase his family.

The update: This all happened on a Sunday, so there wasn't a lot I could do right then. I put the kids to bed, and called my mom and cried. Then, I called my mother in law, who was horrified.

My inlaws came over that night with $200 in cash and a check for much more. My father in law is didn't say much, but he did fix my bathroom door (which is how he shows affection), and muttered that he would "fix this".

I opened a new checking account at a new bank (THANKS FOR THIS ADVICE) with the check my in laws gave me.

I opened a new credit card in my name.

My mother deployed a niece to help with childcare for the next week, I called in a lot of childminding favors, and with the cash my inlaws gave me, I was able to pay the babysitter while I worked this out.

I met with two divorce attorneys- both of them told me about what you had said, that he was legally screwed. I chose one, and we set the process in motion to get an emergency hearing, but by Tuesday, my old checking account had most of the money back, and my husband was asking to "talk".

On the advice of my lawyer, I took half of the checking account money and put it in my new bank, and kept records of everything.

I pulled our credit reports- He has over $40,000 in credit card debt. I also found out, that he received a raise last year, and funneled this money out of our shared accounts. I would have figured this out when I did our taxes, and this led to him panicking and trying to "erase" us.

Keep in mind, this rear end in a top hat gave me gonorrhea. I am an accountant by trade, and I'm afraid of CC debt the way some girls are afraid of spiders, so I was horrified about this, but my lawyer thinks it's likely that he'll have to have this debt on his own, as my name isn't on it, and it seems that most of it was spent on his side piece.

We have started mediation, which he agreed to when he realized that he would need to pay for BOTH of our divorce attnys.

My goal- which my lawyer thinks is reasonable, is to ask for alimony until I either re-marry (not likely) or my 2 year old is in school full time, and to have a reasonable amount of child support until she's 18, and then we'll split college costs for all of them. When all the kids are in school, I can concentrate on getting back to work.

I also plan to sell the house and buy a smaller house in a less elite section of town. The kids can share rooms, and I can live mortgage free.

So, I'm heartbroken, and diseased, but there's also an incredible weight that his lifted from me. Our marriage has been bad for so long, and I didn't even realize how unhappy I was, and how.. absent by husband was. It took my 5 year old almost a week to realize that Daddy was gone.

I think this story & update have shown up in these threads before, although it's hard to say since there are going to be plenty of stories just like it

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Soylent Pudding posted:

Speaking of poly disasters, does anyone have the one where the woman wanted to open the relationship so her bi partner hopped on Grindr and got extremely laid, much to her jealousy? The guy dropped an absolute iceburn along the lines of "at least men want to gently caress me" when she demanded he stop

DemoneeHo posted:

A tale of open relationship and sword, eternally retold

My(20m) gf(24f) wanted an open relationship and is now mad at me and wants it closed.

quote:

So, me and my gf started dating roughly a year ago. It's a grey spot as to when we really started dating or I'd give an exact date.

So, three months ago, my gf comes to tell me she'd like to have an open relationship, experiment a little, etc. She's only slept with one guy before me, she wants to know what's out there, yatta yatta. Yeah, I was hurt, I expressed that I wasn't super keen on it, but she insisted. I figured she probably has someone lined up, and it's not like I plan to marry this girl, so whatever. Be free.

I lamented for a few days until my ex messaged me. She wanted to meet up, get some closure, cool beans. We go out, we talk a bit, she just got out of a relationship and I explain I'm apparently in an open one. She gave me a semi-pained look because she (and my gf) are aware of how much I value monogamy. We stayed and talked for a few more hours, I went to her place things almost got intimate and I stopped her until she mentioned it was an open relationship now. I nodded and didn't really not want sex, so we did it.

It really restored my confidence and helped me start to get into the open relationship thing. I'm a bi top so I ended up reinstalling grindr and haven't had a night where I can't find somethibg or someone to do. My gf and I occasionally had sex, and we still spoke to each other and stuff, but I never really mentioned who or how many people I was sleeping with. Afterall, she said this was about freedom, and I feel free as a bird. I still get to experience emotional comfort, affection, etc. With my gf and try new things and meet new people.

About two months ago I stopped feeling so depressed all the time and I started to work out more since one of the guys I've been sleeping with is really into yoga and cardio and asked if I'd like to get into it. I've lost a little over 20lb since and I'm still overweight but I physically feel much better.

Today, my gf shes really happy about the way things are and I couldn't have agreed more. I gave her a kiss and got up to go meet up with a girl my ex introduced me to. She really sweet, cute, overall a very fun person. The only other girl I've slept with since this started was my ex. I learned today I'm into a new kink and left after it was over. I walk into the house and gf is all over me. I start to undress, she start to give me head and stops 3 seconds in and asks me where I'd just been. I explain what happened and she gets up and tells me when need to talk.

I get dressed, sit on the couch with her, and she asks me if I've been sleeping with other people. I was like, yeah no poo poo it's an open relationship. She asked how many and I said I wasn't keeping track. Apparently that's the wrong loving answer because she burst into tears. She's only slept with two other dudes and it was just so she knew what her options were. I explained that she was free to do that and during that time I explored my options as well. She asked how many women I'd slept with. I said 2. She got mad and started screaming at me as to how I could lose count at two. I probably should have shut up right then and there, but instead I said, "Because I'd have to add the dudes in."

She went to the bedroom and cried for a while. About an hour ago she came out and demanded I: close the relationship, never speak to anyone I've been sleeping with again, and never talk about it again or she'd leave me.

????? I genuinely don't understand what she expected. She knew I was bi when we were just friends of friends. Why does it matter who I sleep with? I was genuinely enjoying being free like she told me to and I assumed she was too. It's not like I slept with her friends or anything, it was mostly dudes. And as much as I enjoy her companionship, I like the freedom this entails and I like having someone to work out with. I like learning about what I enjoy sexually. I'm having fun the EXACT way she asked me to. It's not like she wasn't sleeping with those guys frequently, so I don't get why she's upset. Why is what I did not okay?

Update: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/btje2d/update_my20m_gf24f_wanted_an_open_relationship/

UPDATE: My(20m) gf(24f) wanted an open relationship and is now mad at me and wants it closed.

quote:

Previous post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/btfeb3/my20m_gf24f_wanted_an_open_relationship_and_is/

So, she came home at 12am to tell me she'd completed her "last hurrah" and was ready to talk. When I asked her what she meant she stated she slept with someone else for the last time and she was willing to call things even. She restated the terms, meaning I'd lose my workout buddy, the sweet girl I met today, my ex who cheered me up, and a few other dudes who I now speak to casually who I've slept with. I said I wasn't sure and I had some questions for her and she was willing to at least talk about things. I asked her if the two men she'd slept with she'd lined up before and she said yes. She admitted she found them more physically attractive than me and that was her motivation for it, that she, "didn't want to live life never knowing what it's like." When I asked her what she meant, she meant sleeping with someone who was fit. I was a little hurt, but I knew she wasn't really "wrong" so to speak. I'm not fit, it's something I'm working on, but I'm a little upset that her motivation had nothing to do with exploration and freedom outside of visuals. That it wasn't the sex but my body. That it wasn't even my personality, but the way I look and how much I weigh. I'd like to take a second and point out I actually weigh less than her overall. I'm 6'2" and 255lb and she's 5'3" 305lb. I've never had an issue with her weight, even the things that we couldn't do as a result didn't bother me.

She admitted she didn't think I could, and I quote, "con anyone into sleeping with you". She went on to say she doesn't understand how someone would want only to sleep with me and not the emotional stuff. I won't lie, I got mad, and I said some mean and vindictive things to hurt her because I felt hurt. I shouldn't have lost my cool and I did. I've posted the mean things she's said, so I don't feel it's right for me not to admit what I said. I told asked her how she managed to get these guys to sleep with her more than once and that lying down like the beached whale she was and gargling on her own spit was far from my ideal sexual partner but I never decided I'd rather gently caress someone else because of it. Apparently it hit too close to home because one of the guys would't talk to her anymore and the other dude told her she needed to be more proactive in bed. She called me a human being and I told at least men want me to gently caress them and she started to crying. We yelled at each other for a while until it turned into me yelling at her while she cried until I left.

I realized how much more hurt I was about the whole open relationship thing and really unloaded on her. A lot of you liked to point out that I didn't plan to marry her, I want to remind you all this was 9 months into a relationship at 20 years old that I said yes. I'm not the brightest, but I don't think normally 20 year old men are planning to marry someone that early on when I don't have any real money or my own house and my car is a beater. I genuinely cared about her and before this I was planning to get an apartment with her. I'd saved up money and took her somewhere nice every month despite not having a lot of money. I'd participated in the relationship in ways I'd never felt compelled to before until she asked for an open relationship. I stayed up the first night alone crying because she didn't come home and she had the dude pick her up from her place while I was over and asked me to watch her place while she was gone. I kept thinking about if she got pregnant with someone else's kid and it tore me up. I didn't even feel like a man anymore. I said the next few days my ex messaged me, but when I look over the text and call logs it was two full weeks of me just going to work, coming home, and going to bed. I was hurt that my ex noticed how broken I was over this and that my girlfriend had bragged about how much fun she'd had her first night. It was a deep visceral pain that I buried with sex and I was so drat mad she had the audacity to be hurt over it. How dare she hurt me like that and then get mad at me for just to regain my confidence and make the best of things. I was furious, and it all spilled out at once.

I'm home, my roommate is home and he's making some cake and tea for us to eat and talk because I'm a mess right now. My workout buddy is coming over and offered to sleep (like, cuddling, not sex) with me tonight because he knows how much I was hurt about this. He's actually pulling in the drive way right now.

I'll try to respond to comments but I don't know how much longer we'll be up.

Tl;Dr We had a nasty breakup and I'm safe and at home with people.

Edit: I get she's my ex and all, but you guys really don't have to insult her weight. It was poor mannered of me to take that jab at her and it's not very kind. Although I don't think being overweight should be glorified (or normalized for that matter), but it's not very nice. Call people out for the things they say and the way they behave, not their appearance.

Edit 2: "he slept with 2 girls and some men from grindr. Obviously he's an incel" I think the word you're looking for is slut. I have low standards for looks and I offer to supply the weed in hookups, I could be 700lb and smell like anchovies and people would show up. Plus I offer to cook food for people and make breakfast for them if they spend the night, like I'm doing rn for workout bro since he has work in a few hours.

Final Edit: I love you all, except for that dude who told me my life will be an eternal hell for my sins and debauchery or something like that. I'm going to take a nap since I woke up to make gymbro food after like 2 hours of sleep. He'll be coming over later today to hang out. I'm much better but still very tired. Muah, be safe and use rubbers!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Today's search term in legal advice: 'Christmas tree.'

Ex roommate and the 4-Year-old Christmas tree

[FL] I broke my brother's face with a Christmas tree, family threatening legal action to pay for the hospital

Husband is kind of a nut, has security cameras pointed at neighbor's houses.

I didn't read the third one because the first two made me sad. But I think FL Tree Swinga is OK if he's fine nuking his relationship with his parents. FL has pretty strong stand your ground laws, as we've all seen play out tragically in the news. Brother was a loving idiot.

Ohio Wife lady is going to destroy the husband in court when she gets her day. You can't just take the money that was earned during a marriage. It's a marital asset. If you take it out of the account and spend it all you're in for a rude awakening when you get in front of a judge. As we, uh, all learned in this forum.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I think this one got posted before and had an update. Can't remember the resolution or if we were hoping for a second update.

e;fb

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

the holy poopacy posted:

good news

Update- My husband tried to close our accounts and kick myself and the kids out of our house.

I think this story & update have shown up in these threads before, although it's hard to say since there are going to be plenty of stories just like it

r/relationships: I'm heartbroken, and diseased,

This has been reposted here so many times and I still cackle every time I read it lol

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
My favorite open relationship story is the one where the guy managed to harangue his girlfriend into it only to find out the woman at the office who was totally flirting with him was a lesbian.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

This always cheers me up, thanks.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Got an email from the local MSPCA with subject: Donate Your Car.
You love animals -- give us your car.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

The husband's behavior is inexcusable, but do they not follow schedules and timetables in the military?
If OP said food would be ready by 7p, why would he be yelling every 5min?

Wife is still in basic training, you gotta yell every five minutes or the new recruit loses track of what they're doing.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

cumshitter posted:

I wasn't allowed to take part in Thanksgiving dinner preparation til I was officially married into the family.

I had no idea until I started reading this thread that there were so many families that exclude people from family gatherings until they 'marry in.' What the hell? In my family whenever we had a dinner party people you were dating or just whatever friends you wanted to invite were always welcome. The more the merrier and all that.

I also had no idea that in this day and age there are still so many pathetic men who refuse to even help with cooking.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Its not self-contained enough to be a thread title, but "I'd have to add the dudes in" is one of the all-time greatest lines this thread has found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blastedhellscape posted:

I had no idea until I started reading this thread that there were so many families that exclude people from family gatherings until they 'marry in.' What the hell? In my family whenever we had a dinner party people you were dating or just whatever friends you wanted to invite were always welcome. The more the merrier and all that.

I also had no idea that in this day and age there are still so many pathetic men who refuse to even help with cooking.

Ive got family members who won't even speak to prospective partners for their children until they're at least engaged