Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

CODChimera posted:

so is this thing still happening or what
https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1466754172724953089?s=20
*claps like a high school basketball coach encouraging his awful team*
"Good hustle, good hustle"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
a chilling vision of the future

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

CODChimera posted:

so is this thing still happening or what

rome wasn't balk'd in a day

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

“The Oroville Regime” lol i love it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

redleader posted:

can't we all just get along?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

redleader posted:

gently caress! Looks like I do belong in Ohio

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

redleader posted:

Goodbye burlington, hello plattsburgh

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
want to live in a purple state

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Looks like a rough start for the pacific states.

Going to have a lot of wreckers to deal with inside their territory.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

Looks like a rough start for the pacific states.

Going to have a lot of wreckers to deal with inside their territory.

at least in CA they're more outnumbered when compared to say, OR

lol. but there's still like 8.8 million of them, and half of their opposition is liberals who will join them and then say that commies are the real nazis

anyways just let me finish my avocado toast before we go 2 war

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

i do enjoy coastal libs that think they're going to somehow be immune because they live in a "blue state"

like no, you live in a very small area surrounded by chuds that'll happily kill you, it's not gonna be Free Communist California, it might be maybe The Free City of LA and that's only if Orange County has nothing to do with it

washington and oregon libs are even funnier like oh no, you live in one of 3 blue-ish cities entirely surrounded by heavily armed chuds but i hear the siege of sarajevo was nice and still had brunch service

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
The main obstacle isn't even the chuds; California is fundamentally a neoliberal hellhole.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Conspiratiorist posted:

The main obstacle isn't even the chuds; California is fundamentally a neoliberal hellhole.

by "California" you mean "America" right? lmao

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

i do enjoy coastal libs that think they're going to somehow be immune because they live in a "blue state"

like no, you live in a very small area surrounded by chuds that'll happily kill you, it's not gonna be Free Communist California, it might be maybe The Free City of LA and that's only if Orange County has nothing to do with it

washington and oregon libs are even funnier like oh no, you live in one of 3 blue-ish cities entirely surrounded by heavily armed chuds but i hear the siege of sarajevo was nice and still had brunch service

better to be in a coastal lib zone than boise or dallas or some poo poo lol

and its not like all the chuds are elite operator supersoldiers. Many of them start pissing themselves the second they drive down a street with black or latino people standing in a doorway, and start recording "near death experience in THE HOOD" videos for youtube. that's not to say things will go well in the big piss city, but urban areas are more populous and less chudly overall than the rest of the country and there is some level of safety in numbers

at the same time the chuds do have the cops and half the military on their side and are thirsty for genocide and fossil fuels :rip: assmerica

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Rah! posted:

No, America as a whole is a fundamentalist racist hellhole.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Conspiratiorist posted:

America as a whole is a fundamentalist racist hellhole.

:agreed:

also, it's the other thing too

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

redleader posted:

look at them go, big parties crushing the Feet! coalition once again what a sham of democracy, what a tragedy of principle, is this the disgrace this country was founded on

someone photoshop florida Jeb yellow with "Feet!"

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

It's even more funny when they still think gun control is an option at all. Nothing like willingly staying unarmed while a third of the country gears up for genocide.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

That Spooky Witch posted:

look at them go, big parties crushing the Feet! coalition once again what a sham of democracy, what a tragedy of principle, is this the disgrace this country was founded on

someone photoshop florida Jeb yellow with "Feet!"

My fav Jeb! tweet how much he loved the Shakira half time show.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Rah! posted:

yeah. but espec california

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://www.worldmap1.com/united-states-population-density-map
Hey found a lot of cool maps that allow you to plot out your civil wars!

The Chuds, east of the west coast, live in a really mountainous ranges.
It's like a diet Afghanistan!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

https://www.worldmap1.com/united-states-population-density-map
Hey found a lot of cool maps that allow you to plot out your civil wars!

The Chuds, east of the west coast, live in a really mountainous ranges.
It's like a diet Afghanistan!

I would not call anything involving Americans 'diet.'

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

is this a joke

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Do not balk. Do not balk.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
balk! balk! balk!

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
it's different everywhere because the US is loving huge, but I live in rural OK and the chuds here would absolutely waste most of their energy killing each other before ever making it to the cities

the white trailer parks are all run by gangs and the local Aryan Brotherhood hate the local Irish gangs almost as much as they hate black people, they kill the poo poo out of each other regularly even now, they'd only go about it with more gusto if civil society suddenly imploded

more likely in a hypothetical balk scenario here is a shooting war breaking out between state/municipal police and Creek, Cherokee, or Osage tribal police, as the white cops try to reassert their authority over jurisdictions our governments 'stole' from them with the McGirt decision

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

I could easily see a situation within a decade where the republicans control sufficient statehouses to call a convention and that’s probably one of the biggest trigger points you could get for an actual balk.

On the one hand, the current constitutional structure already massively disproportionately over-represents rural white America in the federal government, so if they were smart why would the GOP risk killing the golden goose?

On the other hand, as far as the local and state level, the lunatics truly are running the asylum when it comes to the republican party and they might actually loving do it and it's the stuff of nightmares

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

OK baizuo posted:

On the one hand, the current constitutional structure already massively disproportionately over-represents rural white America in the federal government, so if they were smart why would the GOP risk killing the golden goose?

On the other hand, as far as the local and state level, the lunatics truly are running the asylum when it comes to the republican party and they might actually loving do it and it's the stuff of nightmares

Far too many people assume the GOP is still capable (or even wants) to engage in long-term pragmatic planning. Its not, the only thing motivating them is to stomp on "the libs". They aren't smart and the evil, insane elements run the party and have made it clear for years that their goal is a convention to rewrite the country in their image.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Vernii posted:

Far too many people assume the GOP is still capable (or even wants) to engage in long-term pragmatic planning. Its not, the only thing motivating them is to stomp on "the libs". They aren't smart and the evil, insane elements run the party and have made it clear for years that their goal is a convention to rewrite the country in their image.

That’s what I probably should have been more explicit about in my earlier post, I think. I don’t see a future where roving bands of chuds do civil war level violence. What I do wonder about is if we reach a point where the chud successes in turning parts of the country in to a white nationalist theocracy make it impossible for other parts to function with it. I dunno if we’ll get there in our generation, or what level of violence would be associated with it, but that’s the type of balk I see as a possibility. Not a hot civil war.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

drat the popcorn guy is playing for keeps

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Thoguh posted:

That’s what I probably should have been more explicit about in my earlier post, I think. I don’t see a future where roving bands of chuds do civil war level violence. What I do wonder about is if we reach a point where the chud successes in turning parts of the country in to a white nationalist theocracy make it impossible for other parts to function with it. I dunno if we’ll get there in our generation, or what level of violence would be associated with it, but that’s the type of balk I see as a possibility. Not a hot civil war.

On the other hand states tend to work until suddenly they don't and a lot of the time its in much the manner of a car slamming into a tree. Syria, Yugoslavia splintering, and the collapse of the USSR are good modern examples, and going back a bit further, Imperial Germany fell apart in the span of 2 weeks.

If a segment of society is motivated enough to start a war and the state is too weak to stop them (or subverted) the rest of the country doesn't really get a choice.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

OK baizuo posted:

Opening write access on the Constitution for pretty much any reason is going to cause a Balk.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://twitter.com/lindyli/status/1469153577826410497?s=20

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

that anarchist in Florida that did a call to arms to defend the state capitol got 4 years lmao

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Vernii posted:

As Rittenhouse proved, unfortunately, one excellent way to own the libs is by killing the libs.

Mister Bates posted:

it's different everywhere because the US is loving huge, but I live in rural OK and the chuds here would absolutely waste most of their energy killing each other before ever making it to the cities

the white trailer parks are all run by gangs and the local Aryan Brotherhood hate the local Irish gangs almost as much as they hate black people, they kill the poo poo out of each other regularly even now, they'd only go about it with more gusto if civil society suddenly imploded

more likely in a hypothetical balk scenario here is a shooting war breaking out between state/municipal police and Creek, Cherokee, or Osage tribal police, as the white cops try to reassert their authority over jurisdictions our governments 'stole' from them with the McGirt decision

One thing that's gonna be horrible in much of texas, especially the south part is not so much chuds vs anything they think is lib but right wing people of latin descent who are betting everything they're the next group that's going to be considered "white" and white nazis who are gonna go "nah". PoC chuds vs white chuds is uh, yeah, it ain't good.

Both of these groups are heavily, represented in police forces, local, state, and federal.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

When making extremely dubious comparisons to other countries falling apart you are missing the fact that typically the US or US aligned interests were escalating the conflict in some way. As bad and dumb as the CIA is I don't think they'll be funneling weapons into Texas to encourage them to succeed. I know some dingbats would point at China or Russia for this role but if they managed to get some snarky facebook ads or twitter bots that's not really the same thing. I don't think Mexico or Canada is going to exert pressure at our borders that destabilizes the country and makes civil war more likely.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

That’s exactly what Canada wants you to think

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FuzzySlippers posted:

I don't think Mexico or Canada is going to exert pressure at our borders that destabilizes the country and makes civil war more likely.

I mean, I don't think for a second people are gonna respect borders at that point. They'll get involved if for no other reason people start fleeing violence in numbers sufficient to overwhelm the local, state/provincial and even federal governments

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/nikobowie/status/1469331543491502080

NULLIFICATION CRISIS 2.0

*bangs desk*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean, I don't think for a second people are gonna respect borders at that point. They'll get involved if for no other reason people start fleeing violence in numbers sufficient to overwhelm the local, state/provincial and even federal governments

Are you talking like social media obsessed chuds are going to so destabilize America that it leads to a Syria level refugee crisis in Mexico and Canada from fleeing Americans? My point is that a crisis wouldn't happen without those countries (and a lot more) helping.

See even Syria (broken down to its core and covered in post-colonial wounds Syria with a crazed murderous leader barely holding onto power) couldn't fall apart completely without significant outside pressure. No one can exert pressure on America in the same way because America is usually the one exerting the pressure and anyone else interested faces geographic barriers. Canada and Mexico aren't going to start arming sympathetic insurgents in America and pushing diplomatically for regime change. None of the examples people prop up of imploding states happened in a vacuum.