Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

do they just have a spooky ghost filter on old madden and summerall clips? havent played a madden in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA8-qhEnII4
all you need to know is in the acronym grbac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was cool when madden used 50-100 ratings instead of mostly just 80-100. cool just like you

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Cut of Your Jib posted:

do they just have a spooky ghost filter on old madden and summerall clips? havent played a madden in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA8-qhEnII4
all you need to know is in the acronym grbac

in the n64 version of this game grant wistrom could do the tecmo bowl sack the qb glitch and i averaged like 16 sacks a game with him. good times

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

it was cool when madden used 50-100 ratings instead of mostly just 80-100. cool just like you

I can no longer find the original source, but this reminded me about this old copy pasta thing that would go around about a guy rated 53 in Madden

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Board/44/Contents/Ethan-Albrights-letter-to-John-Madden-strong-language-10792279/

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm very cool on the odds of the Bengals making the playoffs. If they lose two more games they need a lot of help and I would expect them to do that. Honestly purely on strength of schedule it wouldn't surprise me if the AFC North only sends one team, and I think the division is how cinci gets in if they do.

Eventually Baltimore has to fall apart from literally not having 2/3 of their roster right?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah all of the AFCN needs a good last 5 weeks and unfortunately for us, we all play each other in those weeks, so we're probably only sending one team and then mocking the other 3 mercilessly.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bengals are the only healthy team in the league. Paying for your own vending machines must really limit harmful sugar intake. It'd be pretty embarrassing if they missed the playoffs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Which game of the remaining ones will Baker get killed in

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hopefully this weekend’s tbh

Actually wait Case Keenum might burn the Ravens for 500 yards if he comes in so maybe wait til next week Baker

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Bengals are the only healthy team in the league.

This was true until this past Sunday...:negative:

Four Fingers Burrow will see us through.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I spent a significant amount of time thinking about whether he should be called four finger burrow or three finger burrow.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The alliteration in Four Fingers Burrow is nice. Could go with Free Fingers Fumb Burrow, but that was taken by a hobo, probably.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah all of the AFCN needs a good last 5 weeks and unfortunately for us, we all play each other in those weeks, so we're probably only sending one team and then mocking the other 3 mercilessly.

Let's be honest, we're mocking the one that makes it too.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Cavauro posted:

Undrafted players end up in the 50s then disappear because they are useless and you will never be able to build them up to anything meaningful. Longsnappers are in the 30s, but you just cut them in the first preseason because they are wasting a roster spot and serve no function.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nah it wasok

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

This was true until this past Sunday...:negative:

Four Fingers Burrow will see us through.

roethlisburger is gollum falling in the lava

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/rachelbonnetta/status/1469151456812941313?s=21

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
gently caress the Steelers

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

a patagonian cavy posted:

gently caress the Steelers

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
F Ben Roethlisberger, but the steelers other than him are ok except when we play them then they can die :D

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

F Ben Roethlisberger, but the steelers other than him are ok except when we play them then they can die :D

Ruthless birder

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/Lj_era8/status/1469456349180448769

GTA has roleplaying servers? Also most lamar tweet ever

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If RP servers of any sort are acceptable to young people in the general gaming public then I am officially out of touch

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

If RP servers of any sort are acceptable to young people in the general gaming public then I am officially out of touch

Things I would suspect of making me feel old: Grand Theft Auto

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
https://twitter.com/Maladroithe/status/1469338681005600769?s=20

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Beak performance everyone

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

This is true

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Ravens fuckin suck! Caw! They shouldn't resign that piece of poo poo Lamar! Caw Caw!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't see any reason to insult the other teams.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Didnt know blue jays were corvids

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

blue jays are the oberst of corvids

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Tyler Huntley is the Lamar Jackson of QBs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

Tyler Huntley is the Lamar Jackson of QBs

He looked ok today. He was making throws that Lamar hasn't been able to make in a month and against a decent pass D.

Ravens need to keep getting Bateman into one-on-one when possible and then trusting him to make a play. That guy is a great player in the making.

Caught 0 passes from Lamar last week. over 100 yards this week from Huntley against a better defense.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm just doing the zero expectations thing for this year and it worked out pretty well Sunday

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I wish I could join you but there's been too many wonderful moments that births a treacherous hope within me. Today was an excellent microcosm of the season. Injuries take out star players, Ravens defense makes dumb mistakes, Ravens offense is incapable of getting a 1st down, everything changes in a few exciting drives with some all time highlights then it all ends in impotent fashion due to the offense sputtering to nothing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Aside from the fumble and that last playcall the offense was pretty good in the 2nd half. This is the first time since like the Vikings game that I don't hate football after the game is over. It felt like I was watching a real team play football in that 2nd half.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bengals teach you that the true meaning of life is found in the margins between suffering

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

once again the ravens end the day on top. super bowl or bust this year for huntley and the boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
appreciate the rest of this division making GBS threads its pants to keep us on top