Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

There's just no desire on the right for political governance, which is really the republican ethos as stated by the right for decades but more as a cynical ploy to starve black people of structural reparations rather than as a defence of a highly individualistic society. Another example of their campaign strategies running out of control and so their predictable logical conclusion is now the major motivating factor.

Non-crazy Republicans come in two flavors; low-tax and anti-abortion. Neither group can win elections without the crazies, but more importantly neither group requires sanity in its allies in order to achieve it’s political goals. Compared to any other first world country, US taxes are genuinely lower, and increased restrictions on abortion do seem more likely.

Contrast with say the pro-imperialism faction (neoconservatives). As they had ambitions to do complex and diffilcult things, they couldn’t, and didn’t, succeed while crazy. So that’s the one group that did actually abandon the Republican. It just turned out to be a pretty small one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It probably got into Q's bloodstream via the Iraqi Dinar people who overlap a lot with NESARA, and glommed onto one of Trump's brainfarts where he was half-remembering basic economics and complaining about how it was "unfair" that China and other countries deliberately keep their currencies cheap to stimulate exports. From that they decided he was going to press the Big Magic Button and make it so that 1 USD = 1 IQD = 1 ZMD and frantically started buying up any currency with a lot of zeroes on its notes.
I almost can't believe they're still on about the dinar poo poo. That was a very underrated random story from the last few years (also led to a classic Chapo episode, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubyQ1lSDglg) that I figured had to have blown over by now or its adherents moved on to other, worse stuff. I know I shouldn't be surprised that these big brain financial moguls haven't given up on it though. RV WHEN!!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Oh my loving god are they really talking about the Iraqi dinar again

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait are they buying I've been waiting for a chance to unload

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I haven't even had my Iraqi lunch

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The Dinar thing always weirds me out because it's so obviously stupid for a community that self-mythologizes about their skill at the Economy. Revaluing currency in this bizarre way is the purest form of fiat currency printing that they are normally so concerned about whenever someone proposes spending money on social services. Not only that, it's printing currency for the benefit of foreigners, most Iraqi dinar is held by Iraqis, people that Trump supporters barely hold as human.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah how was that supposed to work, you buy $100 worth of dinars and then Bush revalues it and makes you into a millionaire and every Iraqi becomes a billionaire I guess?

Or maybe it was based on really sheltered assumptions, like no Iraqi has $100 and you could go buy the entire country for less than your 401(k), like that Eurotrip joke about tipping a bellhop with an American dime in Bratislava and he slaps his boss and says "see this, I will open my own hotel"?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Phobophilia posted:

The Dinar thing always weirds me out because it's so obviously stupid for a community that self-mythologizes about their skill at the Economy. Revaluing currency in this bizarre way is the purest form of fiat currency printing that they are normally so concerned about whenever someone proposes spending money on social services. Not only that, it's printing currency for the benefit of foreigners, most Iraqi dinar is held by Iraqis, people that Trump supporters barely hold as human.

They probably also have a fantasy about becoming lords in Iraq once the dinar skyrockets.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

VitalSigns posted:

You've got a generation of people who were told their whole lives that America is the greatest country on earth and they deserve wealth and prosperity just for being born American, and they're trying to reconcile that with the reality of an overextended and crumbling military empire that is turning inward and feeding on them to continue extracting wealth for the people at the top.

One way to reconcile this is with misplaced nostalgia, we've lost something along the way that made us great, and here comes Trump talking about the good old days and promising to make us great again. Believing our king under the mountain is returning to bring us a new golden age is another expression of that nostalgia, and also a convenient explanation for why Trump's promises to MAGA were seemingly empty and all we saw him do was stay up until 3am tweeting about Rosie O'Donnell or some other celebrity feud

Lol we just spent today with you arguing that generations aren't even a real thing. 🤣 holy poo poo.

Edit: It happens that people who read threads about politics read other threads about politics. Almost like to the level that a subforum of politics conversations are warranted. And exist. Like generations.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 8, 2021

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Sean posted:

Lol we just spent today with you arguing that generations aren't even a real thing. 🤣 holy poo poo.
Lol are you really following me around from thread to thread because you lost an argument.

Just because pseudoscientific marketing terms with arbitrary date cutoffs like "Gen X" are nonsense, doesn't mean that nobody can use the word "generation" ever again.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

They own a lot of Dinar and they keep the faith. There’s a group of them that never stop talking about it. Think if it like a crazy stew that stuff bubbles up from time to time.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Conspiracy tourists.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Does anyone know the sponsors to Bannon's podcast? I tried looking it up and I REALLY don't want to actually listen to it. Also if it's grooming products that is the funniest God damned thing ever.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1467823722786656257

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Dude have you tried the jail cleanse, it's amazing.

Actually she's probably not wrong, remember the QAnon shaman got a organic whole foods catered prison stay, if you're white and commit right wing political crimes you get sentenced to a spa retreat

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

VitalSigns posted:

Dude have you tried the jail cleanse, it's amazing.

I believe it's called pruno :v:

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007
Latest QAnon Anonymous goes into the recent Flynn/Wood grifter grapple, recorded conversations. It's pretty good.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

indiscriminately posted:

Latest QAnon Anonymous goes into the recent Flynn/Wood grifter grapple, recorded conversations. It's pretty good.

I want to point out that Flynn and Wood are talking, Wood says "people online are saying the Qanon stuff, you're involved" and Flynn says "that's all a CIA psyop"

The boys on the podcast seem to think he means Qanon is a psyop but I take his statement to mean "my involvement is just a lie".

I don't BELIEVE him, but I think he's trying to pretend he isn't involved at all. It's loving lies inside lies inside grifts. I hate these idiots so loving much.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Since all this poo poo is crazy, I’ve been purposely mixing up Lin Wood and James Woods. They’re both insane gross people and it’s at least funnier.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Iraqi Dinar thing is especially funny because currency manipulation is how George Soros got rich iirc.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

Since all this poo poo is crazy, I’ve been purposely mixing up Lin Wood and James Woods. They’re both insane gross people and it’s at least funnier.
I get him mixed up with Ed Wood, another insane and gross person.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There's something fishy in them thar Woods.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What was insane or gross about Ed Wood?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh looking him up you mean the director Ed Wood. He wasn't gross or insane to my knowledge, just severely depressed and alcoholic. Which, same.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tesseraction posted:

Oh looking him up you mean the director Ed Wood. He wasn't gross or insane to my knowledge, just severely depressed and alcoholic. Which, same.

He was also a very progressive guy about sexuality for his time and a cross-dresser. Which, again same.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Ed wood was definitely insane and up his own rear end. I thought he also had a bunch of abusive relationships with women for the gross part, but maybe I am remembering wrong.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

eSporks posted:

Ed wood was definitely insane and up his own rear end. I thought he also had a bunch of abusive relationships with women for the gross part, but maybe I am remembering wrong.

He was married a bunch of times, but all his wives left him because of his crossdressing and personal neuroses. He wasn’t abusive as far as I know. He’s a pretty tragic figure, honestly. If he had been born 30 years later, he probably would have been perfectly happy and free to be himself.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He was married a bunch of times, but all his wives left him because of his crossdressing and personal neuroses. He wasn’t abusive as far as I know. He’s a pretty tragic figure, honestly. If he had been born 30 years later, he probably would have been perfectly happy and free to be himself.

It's been a bunch years since I read his biography (Nightmare of Ecstasy, I believe it's called), but my impression agrees with yours. Weird guy, with an even weirder social circle, but I can respect that. Unfortunately he was not the greatest businessman, but the dude never EVER gave up -- he tried and failed about eight times more things than I've ever even just tried -- and you have to respect that.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
And he knew how to rock an angora sweater.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The whitest possible reaction to going to jail :laffo:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I believe the best assessment of Wood was "genius without talent".

I mean, think about it. Can you name the Best Director for the 1957 Oscars? (It was George Stevens for Giant, a western) But the types around here can most likely name the guy who directed Plan 9 from Outer Space. And I'd wager the average person on the street would be more likely to know Woods' name than Stevens, even though Stevens had two Best Director awards and a Thalberg Memorial Award.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If Ed Wood wasn't exactly as he was portrayed in the Tim Burton film, I don't wanna know.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

comedy, parody, satire. it's all dead. satan take me now.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Mantis42 posted:

If Ed Wood wasn't exactly as he was portrayed in the Tim Burton film, I don't wanna know.

Great movie but things were a lot darker then it depicts.

https://d2rights.blogspot.com/2019/02/ed-wood-wednesdays-week-79-10-most.html?m=1

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AricToler/status/1473091806539751435

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"I'll be voting DeSantis"

:stonk:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Those were delicious. Not really worth the last 5 years of pain but still pretty good.

I am not all all surprised that when confronted with a reality they dislike, that Covid almost killed Trump and he’s actually pro vaccination (even if just for selfish reasons), that they don’t adapt their view to match reality but just reject Trump and assume he’s a clone.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Murgos posted:

Those were delicious. Not really worth the last 5 years of pain but still pretty good.

I am not all all surprised that when confronted with a reality they dislike, that Covid almost killed Trump and he’s actually pro vaccination (even if just for selfish reasons), that they don’t adapt their view to match reality but just reject Trump and assume he’s a clone.

I looked over at the generic trump forum, rather than the QAnon one, and they also hated it. They're just as rabidly anti-vax, so their main justification is 'He's saying he got it, but he wants everyone to have a choice, rather than the MANDATES that Biden wants'.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
“Telling me I have to work remotely or find a job that will allow me to work remotely isn’t allowing me a choice but I’m okay with not giving other people I come into contact with a choice to not interact with me.

If that waitress/clerk/whomever didn’t want to get infected she/he should have found a job that allowed them not to interact with people.”

Is pretty much how that sounds to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Murgos posted:

“Telling me I have to work remotely or find a job that will allow me to work remotely isn’t allowing me a choice but I’m okay with not giving other people I come into contact with a choice to not interact with me.

If that waitress/clerk/whomever didn’t want to get infected she/he should have found a job that allowed them not to interact with people.”

Is pretty much how that sounds to me.

You're giving them way to much credit. These are people that refuse to acknowledge that their actions and choices impinge on others.