Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jojo is great because you get to have people yell rock songs titles at each other to do damage.

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I think my favorite is Carol of the Bells. Something almost haunting about it

Prof. Crocodile

does the theme song from die hard count as a christmas carol?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Viginti Septem posted:

Can I haz slice of your happy? I'll even settle for the crumbs you brush off on the knee of your jeans. Please sir, I want... Some more.

Lol

Friend, I will gas you up any day. We ought to hang out for real real soon. I'm always down to cook or get food and talk birb and philosophy.

Zil posted:

It's up there for me. I like anything that's a chorale, too.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Escape From Noise posted:

I just think it's one of those things. I get getting like a pint if it's set, but it usually isn't outside of I guess England, but that has to do with beer culture there. On the flip side Germany is metric and glass size seemed pretty stamdartized region by region, which has to do with different beer cultures depending on where you are, so Bavaria is like big steins for most beers except maybe Hefeweissen which comes in a standardized glass I think, Köln does kölsch in small glasses as does dusseldorf with their altbier, so even there there's fluctuation, but it's regional. I think that stuff has so much to do with culture surrounding alcohol and what is considered important for a standard. Here, generally, the size of glass depends on the glassware provided by the brewery, but is possibly up to the establishment. But I feel like the size of a sake server is slightly more standardized. I dunno.

Yeah. It's nice to grab a can of beer or whatever and just drink it wherever. Eating while walking is considered rude here, or at least that's what I've heard, but plenty of people here do it too, them again Osaka has a reputation, so IDK.

Altbier sounds weird to me. like it makes me think of flat beer. I def would do better getting beer by the stein than by the glass, I love some hot and salty food with a huge beer for a meal.
I saw on a video about japan the like not walking and eating thing, I'm sure there's ppl that don't care, like talking in elevators being rude places but ppl still do. I think Japan would be pretty cool overall tho. A chick I know was stationed there during her navy stint and has went back multiple times after, she loves it and i've chatted her up a bunch about about it.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

does the theme song from die hard count as a christmas carol?

No.

See bruce willis in his roast and he even says its not an xmas movie.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Cardi BYOB posted:

Friend, I will gas you up any day. We ought to hang out for real real soon. I'm always down to cook or get food and talk birb and philosophy.

Birbs and philosophy are my favs :c2b:

Stoner Sloth

nesamdoom posted:

No.

See bruce willis in his roast and he even says its not an xmas movie.

hard death of the author actor on this

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Here's a single-celled Blepharisma dying. :cry:

Look how it tries to run away from impending death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bj6SqgT4SQ

more falafel please

forums poster

nesamdoom posted:

Altbier sounds weird to me. like it makes me think of flat beer.

it's basically an amber-ish ale in a German style. "alt" means "old" so it means beer made in the "old style", i.e. ale and not lager.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i really like The Sussex Carol because it is a good crimbus song you have heard before but it is not blasted regularly at every store

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

cruft posted:

I like Christmas music.

I like almost everything about Christmas. My mom didn't make it through the last winter and it really drove home how cool it is that everyone is carrying on the tradition of trying like hell to get back together on last time before winter hits and people start dying.

I also think it's cool how people put up lights when it starts getting really dark outside. In fact, I'm gonna go put some light on my neighbor's house, they just moved into the old folks condo and haven't put up any lights for the first time since we moved in. I need to see that when I look outside, drat it.

I am 100% with you.

Escape From Noise posted:

What you do, in the privacy of your own home behind closed doors, is no concern of mine. I just don't want to hear Jingle Bells for the ten billionth time when I'm going grocery shopping or whatever.

SCROOGE

love you friend but we gonna fite over xmas music

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
i love christmas and singing the songs is the best part

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lock

realtalk: I worked at a supermarket from hs to halfway through college

I worked at effin Toys R Us from beginning of college, and it was my backup job when i first gave up on Japan.

To this day I get tingles in my jollies when the xmas music starts up regardless.

biosterous

good king wenceslas, y'all

the tune is real good

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

cruft

Lock posted:

I am 100% with you.

SCROOGE

love you friend but we gonna fite over xmas music

I'm going to pretend like your av was captured when you heard "SIMPLY HAVING" while shopping for bread.

Lock

cruft posted:

I'm going to pretend like your av was captured when you heard "SIMPLY HAVING" while shopping for bread.

Not far from the truth. But I was shopping for bread and milk because the weather forecast called for maybe an inch of snow where I grew up, which always led to panicked rushes to the supermarket. I always just assumed people wanted to make milk sandwiches in the snow??

alnilam

Lock posted:

Not far from the truth. But I was shopping for bread and milk because the weather forecast called for maybe an inch of snow where I grew up, which always led to panicked rushes to the supermarket. I always just assumed people wanted to make milk sandwiches in the snow??

https://youtu.be/i6zaVYWLTkU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

lol looks like Joe from IJ

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lock posted:

French toast season, y'all

Lock

p sure I rung this guy up a few times back in the day

Prof. Crocodile

true story about storm hoarding: I used to live in Virginia Beach, which gets lots of hurricane, but because of the barrier islands the results are normally limited to minor flooding and power loss.

but people panic-buy any time there’s a storm warning anyway. this included my neighbor. the day before one hurricane he came back from Home Depot with a gas generator in the back of his truck and a nasty black eye on his face.

“I literally had to fight for this baby, but she’s all mine,” he said. “help me put it in the garage and we’ll grab a beer on the porch.”

when we got into the garage, the first thing I saw was—near the back—another generator of the exact same model that he had panic-bought the year before, never used, and forgot about.

we still drank some beer tho.

Ass-penny

brought my car in for brakes and rotors today, decided that it was just easier to have someone else do it. got my car back and bought some whiskey and a sandwich for tonight. I can't believe it's only 15:34, it feels later, probably just because I woke up earlier than usual.

Also been listening to CDs in my car again because my phone hates things in it's headphone jack. I'd forgotten I bought a CD copy of Public Enemy's Apocalypse 91, the Enemy Strikes Black, so I put that in. It is one of the best records ever and I will fight you over that. then "By the Time I get to Arizona" came on and I loving lost it, because this song is so good, AND I'm actually getting on a plane tomorrow to go down there. Weird vibes today.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

meant to post this video too for the uninitiated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrFOb_f7ubw

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I had a CT scan last night and got the test results today: here is a description of how my skull looks in case any of you wanted to commission fan-art of my skull for your friends, family members, or lovers during the holiday:

quote:

FINDINGS:
BONES:
No facial bone fractures. No concerning bone lesions. Right first maxillary premolar prosthesis.

Very mild deviation of the anterior nasal septum to the right.

No unerupted teeth. No mandibular cysts.

ORBITS:
No significant abnormality.

SINUSES/MASTOID AIR CELLS:
Predominantly clear.

SOFT TISSUES:
Unremarkable.

VISIBLE INTRACRANIAL CONTENTS:
Unremarkable.

I'm a little offended on behalf of my soft tissues, which many have actually described as luscious.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm more interested in your visible intracranial contents personally :heysexy:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm still on fresh pasta for my cooking adventures but this week the recipe was baby courgette, lemon and basil and I was absolutely brickikng it for this one cause courgette is right up there as one of my most hated foods. I had it as a kid and competely despised it, the flavour was gross and the texture was icky and no thank you. Luckily it turns out baby courgettes aren't as bad, the flavour's more subtle and they're not as mooshy so in fact they combined really well with the lemon to make something quite tasty. I won't eat it again but I enjoyed my meal at least

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

ChubbyChecker

How Wonderful! posted:

I had a CT scan last night and got the test results today: here is a description of how my skull looks in case any of you wanted to commission fan-art of my skull for your friends, family members, or lovers during the holiday:

I'm a little offended on behalf of my soft tissues, which many have actually described as luscious.

:nice: they found your skeleton

Manifisto

yesterday I made one of my periodic pilgrimages to the chinese/pan asian supermarket to resupply on things like dried mushrooms, fresh noodles (which I store in the freezer), bulk spices, sauces, and whatnot. I picked up a bottle of shaoxing cooking wine which I've seen much discussed on youtube cooking channels and the like but never actually tried. looking forward to making use of it! sadly the supermarket didn't have the fresh soba noodles I found there last time, which is really too bad, they were awesome compared to the dried variety (which I still like, don't get me wrong). I used my shrimp up recently but when I get more I may try making this simple stir fry dish using the wine.

nice job on the pasta rarity, consider maybe taking/sharing photos?

ty nesamdoom!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Rarity posted:

I'm more interested in your visible intracranial contents personally :heysexy:

You're apparently not missing much!!!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Manifisto posted:

This would negatively harm my finishing-cooking to shoving-food-in-my-mouth ratio

Prof. Crocodile

How Wonderful! posted:

“predominantly clear” also sounds a bit passive aggressive imho

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm glad that you have a normal orbit though. We'll see you when you swing round by the Earth again in 6 months time

Andoman

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Zil posted:

There is a great mix on you tube of Carol if the Bells with the Imperial March from Star Wars

Escape From Noise

biosterous posted:

good king wenceslas, y'all

the tune is real good

The only acceptable version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZGZwuuugM

Prof. Crocodile

mods pls change my name to Carl of the Silver Bells, tia.

Escape From Noise

A little Christmas Chleanse this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zgol2NQhlM

Just call me Scrooge McFucks

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

cruft

mods pls change my name to significantly abnormal orbits, tia.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Manifisto posted:

yesterday I made one of my periodic pilgrimages to the chinese/pan asian supermarket to resupply on things like dried mushrooms, fresh noodles (which I store in the freezer), bulk spices, sauces, and whatnot. I picked up a bottle of shaoxing cooking wine which I've seen much discussed on youtube cooking channels and the like but never actually tried. looking forward to making use of it! sadly the supermarket didn't have the fresh soba noodles I found there last time, which is really too bad, they were awesome compared to the dried variety (which I still like, don't get me wrong). I used my shrimp up recently but when I get more I may try making this simple stir fry dish using the wine.

you can use dry sherry or dry marsala too if you run out of the real stuff. Idk if it is salted because it is cooking wine or not

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

cruft

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

you can use dry sherry or dry marsala too if you run out of the real stuff. Idk if it is salted because it is cooking wine or not

note: marsala is NOT THE SAME as masala.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Sippin' that masala wine