Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

Because earlier in the episode he was reminded of the last time he lost people he cared about and now familiar worries are bubbling up to the surface

As the game progresses it feels to me like Liam did a patch job on Yeza from C2. Loving halfling loses spouse, struggles with trauma while trying to protect the others he cares about. Orym’s NG attitude feels a lot like if Yeza had been an adventurer, with no son to take care of.

Plus he’s trolling Sam by using every halfling reroll as noisily as he can.

My only complaint at this point is that the party is full of “face” characters who are allowing the local earth genasi to do a lot of the talking. Over half the group is high CHA!

C1 was extremely traditional. C2 was built with most of the adventure arc emerging from PC backstories, leading to a fairly internal/self-referential campaign where PC history and inner drama drove most of the action. So far, C3 seems to be much more connected to C1, focused less on exploring and developing a new part of the world and a lot more on continuing storylines that just happen to involve this part of the world. Instead of PC pasts shaping the campaign, it feels like there’s more of a conversation going on, with PC pasts shaped as much by the setting as they shape what’s happening now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I think theres gonna be a lot of backstory stuff this season as well - sure launda and oryms look like they're gonna tie to C1 somewhat, but fcg has his amnesia/cant talk about stuff going on, fearne had little hints that her grandmothet isnt exactly the friendliest & why she left the faewild. Theres gonna be a fair amount of the internal stuff eventually. We're still super early in the campaign atm

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Mage_Boy posted:

Fearne is the proof that Ashley is actually really good at making and playing a character when she doesn't have to worry about being gone for large chunks of time and then remembering how her character works and acts all over again.

Although she seems to have forgotten entirely that she is a Wildfire druid with a pet monkey/fire elemental.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Deuce posted:

Although she seems to have forgotten entirely that she is a Wildfire druid with a pet monkey/fire elemental.

She does fire poo poo all the time and the monkey's shown up multiple times in the 6 eps that are out?

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She does fire poo poo all the time and the monkey's shown up multiple times in the 6 eps that are out?

She casts fire spells a lot but we don't see enough Mister, damnit.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Unpopular(?) opinion: Mister sucks. He mostly seems to exist for poop jokes.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Deuce posted:

She casts fire spells a lot but we don't see enough Mister, damnit.

Both posts are correct

Fakeedit: Not Senjuro's though. :colbert:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Senjuro posted:

Unpopular(?) opinion: Mister sucks. He mostly seems to exist for poop jokes.

I'd agree that from what I've seen, Mister is not good.

Having a familiar post-Frumpkin was always going to be a foolish mistake.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

imo aabria just had fun playing mister and matt is less of the type to proactively do stuff like that unless the player initiates it

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

eke out posted:

imo aabria just had fun playing mister and matt is less of the type to proactively do stuff like that unless the player initiates it

To be fair, my Mister love is almost entirely the aabria/matt interactions and... that would be any character.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Speaking of Aabria I would freaking love it if they pump-faked Travis's return and had her guest for an episode before the year is out: "....why don't you join us at the table and describe what your character looks like ............Aabria"

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

That would be cool and all but I really want Travis back because his energy at the table is so great.

I was just watching a vid of Fjord getting attacked by all the different polymorphed creatures in C2 and his "panic yelping" as a giant turtle snaps at him has me dying.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They should do like 3 fakeouts before Travis comes back. First Aabria, then Aimee Carerra, then like Brennan Lee Mulligan.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dragonstoned posted:

That would be cool and all but I really want Travis back because his energy at the table is so great.

I was just watching a vid of Fjord getting attacked by all the different polymorphed creatures in C2 and his "panic yelping" as a giant turtle snaps at him has me dying.

yeah i feel like i especially miss travis because he makes everyone else better, dude is so engaged and the biggest cheerleader for everyone else

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Unfortunately, Travis saw the set in nighttime mode, and has been scared away by its spooky ambiance.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Unfortunately, Travis saw the set in nighttime mode, and has been scared away by its spooky ambiance.

No, it's obviously due to RINGU-girl Laudna. Marisha just out here completely dedicated to loving with him. :iit: :ghost:

Quixote
Feb 22, 2005

AJA posted:

No, it's obviously due to RINGU-girl Laudna. Marisha just out here completely dedicated to loving with him. :iit: :ghost:

Watching Travis visually react to anything scary or creepy is just so drat fun. Acting or not, his reaction to Laura trying to get Matt to describe the ring girl kills me every time:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's obviously playing it up a little for the cameras, but it is really amusing how Laura turns into a teenage girl trying to spook her boyfriend in those moments.

Quixote
Feb 22, 2005
Thursday!

https://twitter.com/_frickity/status/1468723815417004032

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It is Thursday.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what a crossover

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Phylodox posted:

It is Thursday.

It is Thursday indeed

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I feel like I keep hearing Travis laugh off stage so I don’t think he’s stuck in the office doing CEO stuff exactly.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Farg posted:

what a crossover

Yeah, I dig crossovers.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

What did y'all do?
https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1469039885029822464

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Why is he even ON twitter. It's for white power racist chudmonsters flinging poo poo and being trolled the gently caress out by everyone else. No one really used it for honest communication since 2016.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

That's sad to see. I wonder what the latest drama is that prompted this. I think this is the most direct admission we've seen from him that there is a real toxicity issue in the community. Its got to be so disheartening constantly dealing with bullshit dramas on a near weekly basis

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
My twitter isn't like that at all, it's entirely your own fault if that's your twitter experience. Stop following people who make you angry.

(Note, Matt follows 1900 accounts, that's why twitter pisses him off!)

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
No idea what's going on, but I would bet a billion dollars of monopoly money that it has to do with either Travis or Brian.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
he's sad that brad is leaving

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Everyone should leave Twitter for their own mental health. And I mean everyone.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hulk Smash! posted:

What did y'all do?

https://twitter.com/robbiedaymond/status/1469007805810024453

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I think this is the Punisher's origin story?

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Speaking of Robbie being funny, Dorian laying his head on Laudna's shoulder and saying "you're like the cool side of the pillow" didn't deserve to go as unnoticed as it did.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Flakey posted:

Speaking of Robbie being funny, Dorian laying his head on Laudna's shoulder and saying "you're like the cool side of the pillow" didn't deserve to go as unnoticed as it did.

he really has been killing it, in a very understated way considering how flashy his character is

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I'm starting to wonder if Travis' absence and Robbie's inclusion over many episodes is in part designed to get us used to the idea of even the main show being a rotating affair with different mixes of players coming and going over the length of a season?

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

eke out posted:

he really has been killing it, in a very understated way considering how flashy his character is

I was kind of disappointed with how well the bard duel went for him because "stage fright bard" is my favorite archetype and seeing a genuinely good performer pretend to continuously flatface brought me significant joy.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

jng2058 posted:

I'm starting to wonder if Travis' absence and Robbie's inclusion over many episodes is in part designed to get us used to the idea of even the main show being a rotating affair with different mixes of players coming and going over the length of a season?

I strongly suspect this is the case. CR has to evolve, and this seems like a good way to try out some different configurations and change the way things are done without causing horrible shock to their audience.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

xarph posted:

I was kind of disappointed with how well the bard duel went for him because "stage fright bard" is my favorite archetype and seeing a genuinely good performer pretend to continuously flatface brought me significant joy.

It makes sense he didn't feel stage fright this time. The competition was private and the only audience was a group of friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Been playing the new Halo game and Robbie voices one of the AI's in multiplayer

So its like I've been playing with a super excited Dorian Storm the past few days and its awesome