Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

FreudianSlippers posted:

I like how in past life regression seemingly every other person was someone famous or adjacent to someone famous. When 90% of people should have been peasants and proles in most if not at all of their past lives.

It's always ''oh I was a handmaiden to Marie Antoinette and was executed by the revolutionaries for my unfailing loyalty to my mistress" and not "I was a plowman in the Albanian village of Vend i Ndyrë where I died at 37 from a combination of malnutrition, infection, and being kicked in the nuts by an oxen."

Yeah, no-one even claims to have been that Hebrew sausage seller who got a really nice epitaph. It's always something 'big'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm sure there's thousands of Internet History Likers who claim to have been the fraudulent bastard copper-trader from hell.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Protected by his mom and her giant antivaxx blunt

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

That baby cant even read

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's not a baby, it's a trapdoor spider using a convincing baby simulacrum to lure in prey.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

To clarify, David Cage got tapped for a new Star Wars game despite all of his baggage.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

E: nm

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1469053242910912517

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Boywhiz88 posted:

To clarify, David Cage got tapped for a new Star Wars game despite all of his baggage.

Oh the brand that hired an out and proud Nazi and didn't fire her until they'd shot all the scenes they needed?

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Oh the brand that hired an out and proud Nazi and didn't fire her until they'd shot all the scenes they needed?

What, I think I need an article or something on this one.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm sure there's thousands of Internet History Likers who claim to have been the fraudulent bastard copper-trader from hell.

That guy clearly got it right the first time and ascended without having to go through the cycle of reincarnation.

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
As far as I know, Quantic Dream hasn't made a single good game, and Star Wars hasn't been good since before I was born. The two deserve each other.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Mohawk Potato posted:

Gina Carano, on review she's moreso garden variety chud but I'm sure she's skidded into armbands. Marvel ignored other star cast members complaints, transphobia complaints, tweeting alt right stuff, she finally crosses the line (tweets something that might affect international sales) and they fire her when it's convenient for the story.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mohawk Potato posted:

Gonna guess they mean Gina Carrano who became more public viewsy as time went on, and given her old job was being punched in the head those views weren’t exactly good ones. It’s not like she hadn’t had a career before then, she just knew to keep her mouth shut a bit more prior.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The court-room equivalent of

https://i.imgur.com/dstCicH.mp4

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I believe Cage also did something super creepy like recreating Elliott Page's nude body against their consent for Heavy Rain or whatever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

I believe Cage also did something super creepy like recreating Elliott Page's nude body against their consent for Heavy Rain or whatever.

I've played through Fahrenheit and let me tell you I didn't need any other proof that David Cage is a huge loving creep. "Oh wow why is your dick so cold?" "It's because I'm literally dead, now let's gently caress."

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Boywhiz88 posted:

Everything Cage does is super creepy. His games are riddled with rape-as-masturbation. Page just happened to be a young famous person who physically matched his 'type'. So of course he made a collage album of pictures of them from childhood upward. And then had them modelled as anatomically correct in game. And then had multiple scenes of Page being groomed and sexually assaulted.

"It's all about art and emotions. Please pass a kleenex"

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Everything Cage does is super creepy. His games are riddled with rape-as-masturbation. Page just happened to be a young famous person who physically matched his 'type'. So of course he made a collage album of pictures of them from childhood upward. And then had them modelled as anatomically correct in game. And then had multiple scenes of Page being groomed and sexually assaulted.

"It's all about art and emotions. Please pass a kleenex"

It's annoying because I actually think that the user experience and storytelling in his games are pretty decent and they could be good games. But they all have to shove rapeyness into them because that's the only conflict Cage can imagine a woman facing.

If you'd cut out that one extremely unnecessary scene from each of his games they would be just fine.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

e:f, b

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

lobsterminator posted:

If you'd cut out that one extremely unnecessary scene from each of his games they would be just fine.

I actually disagree with that. They would certainly be more palatable, but they would still be bad games. I think they are fundamentally flawed beyond just the misogyny and rape. They rely far too heavily on cheap tricks for emotional response, negating player choices, and in some cases straight up lying to the player in a way that has nothing to do with narrative. Retconning what it has already shown you ust to set up a 'twist' that doesn't make sense and couldn't have happened. The writing in general is bad, and the characters especially are wafer thin.

It's all just sleight of hand and cheap tinsel. That it's in service of rape just makes them disgusting instead of merely incompetent..

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
It's also not one bad scene, Heavy Rain has a female protag dream assaulted in the shower as her introduction I believe (also fully modeled nude character for no reason), nearly murdered at either the real killer or a red herring psycho's house, and I think has to go undercover at a strip club?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

If there are no crimes against nature to hind you together, are you really married?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

France:
Not even once.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

It's also not one bad scene, Heavy Rain has a female protag dream assaulted in the shower as her introduction I believe (also fully modeled nude character for no reason), nearly murdered at either the real killer or a red herring psycho's house, and I think has to go undercover at a strip club?

Off the top of my head. Heavy rain has 5ish rape scenes(counting dlc). Beyond has 1 or 2. Detroit only has 1, though.

Madison only exists for the purpose of having a woman in the game, and to cage, that means lots of sexualized violence. The only thing she can possibly do to further the plot is solve the mystery but only if you gently caress up with all of the rest of the characters.

Also, heavy rain had "mad jack." Defintely his most racist character, and there's a lot of contenders across all the game.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

It's also not one bad scene, Heavy Rain has a female protag dream assaulted in the shower as her introduction I believe (also fully modeled nude character for no reason)

Home invasion poo poo scares me like nothing else (although it's never happened to me, thank god), and that scene genuinely made me feel sick to my stomach.

Here's a couple of Yelp reviews for one of the bars downtown.

quote:

I used to frequent this place often until they make you show personal medical papers at their door for entry now. No thank you. I will spend my money elsewhere.

quote:

This place is so weird. 0/10. Came here and immediately got weird/demonic vibes. It was scary. Do not come here unless you're into that poo poo. It was dirty and dark, even the fish tank looked weird as gently caress. Please do yourself a favor and stay away!!! Music was sooo weird... not vibes at all. So scary, we could not get out of there fast enough

quote:

My fondest memory is prob hanging out with a guy called George, anyone know him? He had this massive chin and had a beard too!! What a legend!

quote:

DANGEROUS place for ladies to go to! our friend was PUNCHED unconscious by a BIG MAN. the bouncer WATCHED and did not call 911 when requested. DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU WANT TO FEEL SAFE.
(The CAPITALIZATION makes this REALLY funny to READ, even IF the content is NOT.)

quote:

Terroized their fish. Animal activists must stand up against lagoon. Fish are not stoked!!! Rets!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
There was also the chinese bookseller in Farenheit, who actually had a heavy New york accent and put on a stereotypical voice because it made people more likely to buy his stuff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I didn't remember Karl Pilkington was in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjJHfjFa1CI&t=34s

e: You know I played through the whole game (which is rare for me and was extremely rare for me back in the day) and I have literally literally no idea what the plot was.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: You know I played through the whole game (which is rare for me and was extremely rare for me back in the day) and I have literally literally no idea what the plot was.

hobos are secretly magic and you die and become the Internet

e: also you run unsupervised through an army base as a kid a few times

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

BioEnchanted posted:

There was also the chinese bookseller in Farenheit, who actually had a heavy New york accent and put on a stereotypical voice because it made people more likely to buy his stuff.

Reminds me of the Chinese guy in East of Eden who was like the best character in the whole book

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

the plot is a bad rip off of the invisibles to the point one of the factions are called the invisibles

so there's like a higher reality messing around with our reality and they're like god AI's or something and can manifest bullshit into our reality much like the Archons of the comic 'the invisibles', i can't remember but they may have actually mentioned archons in the game which would make it even more blatent

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
prog rock makes me think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af8ltlcZNi0

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There were things that I enjoyed about Detroit: Become Human, albeit ironically.

Actually I did legitimately enjoy most of Connor's story.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

David Cage is the kind of guy whose full crimes will only come to light long after his death.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

prog rock is merely a gateway to krautrock

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I solved racism in Detroit: Become Human with a well-timed song

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Supermassive does quantic dreams schtick better in every way.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Heath posted:

I solved racism in Detroit: Become Human with a well-timed song

Ah, The Minmay Maneuver

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/teachlko/status/1469129686840086531?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Seems like every page I run into someone whose first name is either John or Nick and whose last name is Cage or Cave

David too now? goddamn