Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I was thinking about mad scientists the other day and wondered why they all were biologists and chemists.

I was going to ask how a mad sociologist would operate, but then I remembered my degree is in marketing.

mad astrophysicist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

more falafel please posted:

we should get drew toothpaste to come back to SA and post in byob

HAAAAAAAAA...ha.

Prof. Crocodile

Farecoal posted:

Also look at this chunky friend:

look at him chonk! :neckbeard:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

cruft posted:

Oh.

You're still hot. :)

:c2b:

xcheopis

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I was thinking about mad scientists the other day and wondered why they all were biologists and chemists.

I was going to ask how a mad sociologist would operate, but then I remembered my degree is in marketing.

You will want to read this.
https://www.amazon.com/Mad-Scientists-Guide-World-Domination/dp/0765326450

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Escape From Noise

I didn't watch the whole thing but I don't like driving and am ambivalent about Christmas, so fuk u 2 Budd!

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

I didn't watch the whole thing but I don't like driving and am ambivalent about Christmas, so fuk u 2 Budd!

Simply
Driving
Ambivalent Christmas time!

alnilam

cruft posted:

Simply
Driving

ty manifisto

Bad Video Games

nesamdoom posted:

As a Ministeroni in the Church of FSM I want to say it's ok. The FSM doesn't care which form you choose to eat and rotini is a dope rear end noodle really, it's nice to get stuff all enveloped in the folds. Don't even bother thinking you're weird, stringy noods or not doesn't matter, eating pasta is just the right thing to do and you're on the right track.

This made me laugh. :D

alnilam posted:

I respect your tastes but i find it very odd and interesting that you dislike linguini but like fettuccine, they are so similar!

byob its good :love:
I have to be in a particular mood for fettuccine. It's just slightly thicker than linguine and that's enough to be palatable.

Tastebuds, and smell, are weird. I love turkey but am indifferent to chicken, I can't tolerate red meat except for 2 particular fast food dishes, and the smell of pork makes me nauseous. I also no longer like seafood which is sad for someone who grew up next to the Chesapeake Bay. Most of this has happened in the last six months even.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Rotini is the master noodle and there is basically no point in any other noodle existing except *maybe* macaroni for cheese-sauce purposes. I like lasagna but you know what's just as good and easier to make is you do the lasagna sauce stuff and just bake rotini in it and now you don't have to gently caress around carefully putting layers. Lifehack.

Also, British-style baked beans and cheese on toast is a bean pizza.

astral

cruft posted:

The dining room lights kept turning on and off last night, so I unplugged the hub and it didn't happen again.

My first thought is that IKEA got popped and somebody's trying out various commands. Or maybe our little hub got popped.

Were they blinking in morse code? Think of all the data they could have exfiltrated if you hadn't noticed!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Gramps posted:

Ty Labine is the poo poo. Tucker and Dale vs Evil is one of my favorite movies

He's older looking but I was so loving sure it was him. the movie that he has to help his injured brother down a mountain is good too. He's awesome in like everything I've seen.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
cruft

astral posted:

Were they blinking in morse code? Think of all the data they could have exfiltrated if you hadn't noticed!

THE DATA IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

hitler, basically

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

What's the plan of a mad geologist?

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
biosterous

cruft posted:

Simply
Driving

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

nesamdoom posted:

What's the plan of a mad geologist?

Lick all of the rocks

Escape From Noise

A lil song for some special yobbers (u know who u r)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJw6exFLpEE

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Cardi BYOB posted:

Love u. New username is Code Jockey's fault. What a nerd. I bet he uses coupons. Trying to get deals.

How are you feeling????

I am feeling fine, and even better ever since Kaiser Schnitzel kindly gave me a million dollars. It's finals week so I'm swamped with work but physically I just feel tired.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Zil posted:

Lick all of the rocks

Stealthy covid spreading, how devious

cruft

What up, the yob.

I just drank a whole beer and I'm feelin' mighty fine. Got our auto reprovision service to bootstrap and install an Ubuntu 20.04 system so we can run it as a Kubernetes node with NVidia non-datacenter GPU support. We've been trying to get this poo poo working for over a year now and I'm really pumped that I finally figured it out.

My whole family's here, cruft Jr is finally advocating for themself at dance class and in life, and things are just real swell.

I hope y'all are doing great rn!

alnilam

As catchy as the chorus of Who Put The Bomp by Barry Mann is, the plot of the song is really absurd, and given the era i really wondered if it was like, for real, or silly, but today i actually listened to the outro and it's definitely silly

ty manifisto

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

What up, the yob.

I just drank a whole beer and I'm feelin' mighty fine. Got our auto reprovision service to bootstrap and install an Ubuntu 20.04 system so we can run it as a Kubernetes node with NVidia non-datacenter GPU support. We've been trying to get this poo poo working for over a year now and I'm really pumped that I finally figured it out.

My whole family's here, cruft Jr is finally advocating for themself at dance class and in life, and things are just real swell.

I hope y'all are doing great rn!

Oh yeah, yeah, Kubernetes node. My sister had one of those. Swapped if for a Fangio cluster. Said it gave better DACex response. Got a good deal for it, 30k Europa New Credits.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

roomforthetuna posted:

Rotini is the master noodle and there is basically no point in any other noodle existing except *maybe* macaroni for cheese-sauce purposes

Someone's never had udon noodles and it shows

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

Oh yeah, yeah, Kubernetes node. My sister had one of those. Swapped if for a Fangio cluster. Said it gave better DACex response. Got a good deal for it, 30k Europa New Credits.

I want you to know I love this post, so I added it to the work ticket.

Escape From Noise

alnilam posted:

As catchy as the chorus of Who Put The Bomp by Barry Mann is, the plot of the song is really absurd, and given the era i really wondered if it was like, for real, or silly, but today i actually listened to the outro and it's definitely silly

There were a lot of goofy songs on that era I think. Witch Doctor, Flying Purple People Eater, Monster Mash...

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Rarity posted:

Someone's never had udon noodles and it shows
Fair, rotini are not best for soup purposes.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Tornadoes. Lots.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's frickin DECEMBER.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Cardi BYOB posted:

It's frickin DECEMBER.
I hope you are okay.

It was 77F (25C) here this afternoon. Crazy weather. Severe weather incoming after midnight or so.

biosterous

Escape From Noise posted:

A lil song for some special yobbers (u know who u r)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJw6exFLpEE

vid unavailable, so i guess i'm not one of them :v:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Barking Gecko posted:

I hope you are okay.

It was 77F (25C) here this afternoon. Crazy weather. Severe weather incoming after midnight or so.

Broken window, missing a few shingles, couple trees down, otherwise ok. Kids are freaking out a little but they're in the basement playing cards and eating and having a little party so that rules.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If y'all wanna watch wrasslin, we're in the discord!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Cardi BYOB posted:

Broken window, missing a few shingles, couple trees down, otherwise ok. Kids are freaking out a little but they're in the basement playing cards and eating and having a little party so that rules.

I'm glad you're mostly okay.
I'd feel safer during tornado weather if my house had a basement. At least I don't live in "manufactured housing".
Weather radio just informed me of a new tornado watch until 5:00am. :c2b:

alnilam

*columbo turning around* oh but one more thing... I never could figure out who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip

Escape From Noise

I may be garage at dating but old ladies still love me! Lol. I was getting ice cream after a hike and the lady I bought from told me my Japanese was good and I was very ikemen. Then she told me she'd introduce me to her daughter. Hahaha.

Farecoal

There he go
Is there a general medical questions thread anywhere on SA? I checked Goon Doctor but nothing

Farecoal

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xtYm_poF_8

Ass-penny

The awful app isn't loading any posts for me to read. I wonder if I can still make them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

rear end-penny posted:

The awful app isn't loading any posts for me to read. I wonder if I can still make them?

sure can

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!