Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

As fast as I understand, though, opiates aren't really a good long-term solution because the body develops a tolerance to them. It takes more and more to get the same painkilling effect, and it doesn't take particularly long before tolerance starts developing, either. Coupled with that is increasing physical dependence, too.

It's a lovely bargain where you need to take more to stop the pain, but also you'll get withdrawal if you take less or stop :smith:

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Dec 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Busket Posket posted:

pain clinic nightmare

Like half the people I see on my ambulance are diabetics with parts cut off or gross open wounds and home health or a dialysis clinic finally convinced them to go to the hospital.

Almost every one is not on any painkiller despite the fact their whole body is a ragged wound, and exactly what trouble would they get into taking a mild opiate? Wreck their cars they don't have and couldn't get to anyways because it takes 2 firefighters to lift them on a stretcher for dialysis appointments?

It's loving barbaric.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Someone gonna get rich figuring out the tolerance problem

Yeah it could help chronic pain patients but really I want to get floored on cheap flower like the old days

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I had an ACDF surgery at C5-C6, I have a crushed disc at L5-S1, and DDD.

I had a cortisone shot series in my lumbar through the sacrum and at L4-5. Didn’t really do anything.

I can’t run without a stabbing pain in my left or right hip (it conveniently will switch up over time), and I can’t walk too fast for the same reason.

I am eligible for a discectomy/disc replacement.

I am realizing just how much of my life (the past 20 years) has been just me managing pain. Right down to every kinesthetic habit. Every movement I do is to mitigate pain.

It is psychologically taxing.

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven

It could be one of those 6 image travel memes:
Why not take a trip to the Wonderment Universe?
We got Mee Maw June
The Tungsten Gentlemen
The Turquoise Troll etc

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The real bitch of it is weed actually can help with minor chronic pain and be a buffer between ibuprofen and narcotics for certain patients (definitely not all).

Or we could just publicly fund actual treatments and not just wait until people are so bad off from underlying issues that they end up in an ER and become long-term care chronic cases on home health care or skilled nursing facilities.

Or we could fully fund prevention up-front and not even get to that second or third stage.

But lmao America.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

all part of god's great plan

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
one time I got a giant needle in my balls and it hurt like hell because they didn't give me enough anesthetic because my balls were too big

Anyway universal health care for all, thank you for coming to my ted talk

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

one time I got a giant needle in my balls and it hurt like hell because they didn't give me enough anesthetic because my balls were too big

Anyway universal health care for all, thank you for coming to my ted talk

Should have peed first

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The real bitch of it is weed actually can help with minor chronic pain and be a buffer between ibuprofen and narcotics for certain patients (definitely not all).

Or we could just publicly fund actual treatments and not just wait until people are so bad off from underlying issues that they end up in an ER and become long-term care chronic cases on home health care or skilled nursing facilities.

Or we could fully fund prevention up-front and not even get to that second or third stage.

But lmao America.

Tbh I got into weed specifically for this reason. I don’t WANT to take narcotics but sometimes (all the time) OTC drugs don’t cut it. Also it affects my sleep. Weed helps mitigate pain AND puts me to sleep.

I also, believe it or not, don’t WANT to smoke weed. I want to be “sober”. Natural. But until I can get a surgery, lovely Spine Boys gotta make do.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Guillermus posted:

:spain: here, our healthcare isn't amazing but compared to what I can see around is pretty decent to good and whenever I see the american one... jeez I feel you.

:spain: :respek: :spain:
Our healthcare has many issues but whenever I'm frustrated by it, I just think about my American friends and their medical debts and it passes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Queen poo poo

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

blessed

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

yeah we did but developments have led us to shelving it for now

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Fire-linked-in shrine is your number one hub for professional networking.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Not a meme but a god-tier clap back

https://twitter.com/zachheltzel/status/1469408538019598336?s=21

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYYdF0zcuSI

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Is that supposed to make me dislike her

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

They also have an online store

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that supposed to make me dislike her

Yes because she’s a hypocrite

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The worst part is always the hypocrisy.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The worst part is always the hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljaP2etvDc4

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It owns that every time a right wing dipshit opens their mouth it's to say something like "you know who is really great at not dying in an embarrassing and funny way? David Carradine."

Like zero research or fact checking. Just straight vibing.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

It owns that every time a right wing dipshit opens their mouth it's to say something like

Except for Nancy, apparently.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

ZixTheYeti posted:

:piss:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ZixTheYeti posted:

lol

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Wow so much posting aggression is explained by the last two pages.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
They literally referred to her as the Backlot Blowjob Queen. She was a starfucker who liked actors and apparently Ronnie decided she was so good she was a keeper.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Suggesting that fine upstanding actors and presidents get involved in sex scandals? Ridiculous.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chloe Jessica
Nov 6, 2021
Pick 2.0

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Wow, forgot how many hairstyles David Mitchell has had over the years.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Is bottom left that weird "enjoyer" guy that I think the Nazis invented?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That's just it. I got 10 10mg hydros for a root canal. Which by default means I couldn't feel poo poo.

Docs will write a script for anything that's a one-off, but long-term pain is now met with "lol idk suck it up or we can melt your spine, wuss"

Well, yeah, because opioids don't work long term. You'll have to keep increasing the dose and eventually you'll have your original pain back plus the side effects of drug.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

Is bottom left that weird "enjoyer" guy that I think the Nazis invented?

David Bowie, I believe

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Wintermutant posted:

David Bowie, I believe

No he's been dead too long to invent it